Worried About Possible Results of Removal - La Jolla, CA

I had a mastopexy in July of 2012. I have a lot...

I had a mastopexy in July of 2012. I have a lot of my own breast tissue, but it was recommended that I also have breast implants to achieve a more full look to my breasts. The smallest size implants were used and placed under the muscle. I was happy with the initial results, but found my happiness to be about my breasts no longer being saggy. I was slightly uncomfortable with the size, but wanted to give myself time to adjust. I have never fully adjusted and while I have been waiting to get used to them, they dropped dramatically. Over the course of the last year, my breasts have bottomed out, leaving my areolas reaching high to the sky. I have spent the last few months having people tell me that I am “hanging out” and helping me to adjust my breasts back into whatever top I am wearing. I pop out of bikini tops, tank tops and v-neck tops. I literally have my areolas coming right over the top of these clothing items. It is embarrassing and uncomfortable and I have taken to wearing large baggy articles of clothing that are high on the neckline to hide my breasts. I returned to my PS to see what could be done. He suggested a revision surgery that would place a sort of internal bra to hoist the implants into a better position and hopefully reverse the bottoming out. Unfortunately, I read that this can occur multiple times and I do not want to continue to revise the original surgery. Therefore, I have opted to take them out and attempt to redo the mastoplexy. I will also need to have my areolas reduced because they have become stretched out with all of the drooping over the past year. I am a bit worried about the possible results, but am strong in my decision to take these implants out. I am scheduled for September 18th. Any suggestions and/or recommendations are welcome.

Did you take out your implants yet?
1LuckyDuck, No, they come out September 18. My pre-op appointment is September 4th. I plan on updating this posting as I go through the process. If I am brave enough, I'll add photos the entire time too.
YOull be fine, Im one day post op now and soo very glad I did this. My boobs look amazing and look real again. Believe me you will be smiling when you are finished. Not much pain just sore, and have drains in and the drains are about the worst of it. The biggest hold back I had was my anixiety dont let that get to you cause in the end you will laugh at yourself !!

Per-op

My pre-op is this Wednesday. Does anyone have suggestions on questions to ask? Thanks!

ok I just thought about this...... You live close to La Mesa (San Diego) right? Are you absolutely confident with your decission to use your PS that could have already not placed the implants the way they could have been placed to make sure they did not bottom out? It's not to late to change your mind..... Please remember that......You usually pay at your pre op or at least partially. I Don't want to confuse you but there is a Dr. named Dr. Pousti over there and he specializing in fixing other Dr's errors. It's how you place the implants to keep them from bottoming out. A great PS know this but very few actually know how to actually do it. They say they do but trust me they don't! People fly in from all over the world to have Dr. Pousti fix them all up. I mean Geez.... I did. I had the same thing....... He totally fixed me all up. It was so worth it and so easy......When I flew into his office last week there were 3 people that flew in as well. One was from Japan!!! I'm not kidding. Plus This Dr. Was way less expensive than my Previous PS in my town. Dr. Pousti Fixed my breast and finally gave me my dream come true boobs!!! I found him from one of my clients that had heard about him to and she flew in for him. Her breasts were soooo Amazing and did not need near as much help as mine did. I know what you are going through and want you to get the very best results with the very best Dr!!! I am willing to talk over text if you want more info. I will be praying for great results and your health!!!!! Please Please please... call this Dr for a consultation I swear you will not regret it!!!! Let me know what you decide...... What ever you do........ Good Luck!!!! XOXO Oh and at least check out his reviews. :)
Ask him if he is going to close any pocketing that has occured from having implants and or muscle repair. This would be a great idea to do just in case you decide one day to put implants back in. You never know! :) I did. May I ask who is doing your surgery?
Are you going under a general? Capsulectomy ? Drains? If so, how long? When can you resume light activity? Do you need to buy a bra prior to surgery?

Pre-op melt down

Sitting in the middle of my pre-op appointment and I'm melting down. I've had two nurses come in and I am not sure anyone knows how to answer my obscene amount of questions. Surgeon is next up. I hope I get out of here without becoming a complete emotional wreck.

Ugh and your in La Jolla !!!!!!
Don't wait 15 years like me to fix 1 lucky duck is just one of the women who helped inadvertently help point me in the right direction 15 years without your breast hurts the soul. Find the right Dr. I'm going to hers in 6 weeks and I'm so excited words can't express. What ever you decide we're here to support you good luck xo. Keep posting. We're here for you and your helping others more than you understand!
It really does hurt the soul and I waited 30 years before I took mine out and the difference in me is unbelievable, Im ME again and loving it. Clothes fit better and Ive been doing some shopping, don't have to go to a bigger size because of my boobs. I feel better and lighter and just cant explain the fantastic feeling I have.

One week until they are out!

What a difference a week makes! Am getting excited about the explant and am actually feeling a lot of peace about it. One week and counting :)

Great to hear you're feeling better about it all and looking forward to the results your surgery!! Glad you've got a positive feeling about it all now :) best of luck!

Glad you're in a peaceful place right now!

24 hours till surgery

Tomorrow is the day! I am nervous and excited. I have been reading and following stories of others and it is helping greatly. My husband has taken the day off work and will be driving me there, as well as home. Can't believe it's finally here :)

Good luck tomorrow! Will be thinking of you! You'll do great and just think this time tomorrow it wil all be over! :)
Thanks Ncj! I can't wait!!
So exciting! It will be fine and you will be so happy once they're out(:

They are OUT!

I am home! Just a little sore and very tired. I am SHOCKED at home much of my own tissue I had. I AM very happy to have those things OUT of me and to move forward implant free :) thanks for all the support ladies.

So happy for you! Yes, you are truly blessed with a lot of your own tissue! Rest, rest, rest. Wishing you a quick recovery )
Glad your on the other side, rest well and heal fast :) God Bless

Waking up a happy woman!

I am awake a little early today, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to nap. I feel amazing. Just a tiny bit sore. It's nothing like having them put in! I go back to my PS today and will get a peak then. I'll update again later today. Maybe I'll add another photo.

Wow, you look amazing! You must be stoked :) Congrats, cant wait to be implant free too!

Just finished my follow up appointment. Considering my surgery was yesterday, I am thrilled with the results. Can't believe I ever had implants. Think I'll look just fine without them!

You look fantastic!!!! Really glad to hear it all went well! Good luck with the PS today..:)
You look gorgeous! I'm the same, I can't believe I ever had the stupid things in, weighing me down! Happy healing, surgery sister!
Thanks Jenniebeth! I'm blown away at the results.