Worried About Possible Results of Removal - La Jolla, CA

I had a mastopexy in July of 2012. I have a lot...

I had a mastopexy in July of 2012. I have a lot of my own breast tissue, but it was recommended that I also have breast implants to achieve a more full look to my breasts. The smallest size implants were used and placed under the muscle. I was happy with the initial results, but found my happiness to be about my breasts no longer being saggy. I was slightly uncomfortable with the size, but wanted to give myself time to adjust. I have never fully adjusted and while I have been waiting to get used to them, they dropped dramatically. Over the course of the last year, my breasts have bottomed out, leaving my areolas reaching high to the sky. I have spent the last few months having people tell me that I am “hanging out” and helping me to adjust my breasts back into whatever top I am wearing. I pop out of bikini tops, tank tops and v-neck tops. I literally have my areolas coming right over the top of these clothing items. It is embarrassing and uncomfortable and I have taken to wearing large baggy articles of clothing that are high on the neckline to hide my breasts. I returned to my PS to see what could be done. He suggested a revision surgery that would place a sort of internal bra to hoist the implants into a better position and hopefully reverse the bottoming out. Unfortunately, I read that this can occur multiple times and I do not want to continue to revise the original surgery. Therefore, I have opted to take them out and attempt to redo the mastoplexy. I will also need to have my areolas reduced because they have become stretched out with all of the drooping over the past year. I am a bit worried about the possible results, but am strong in my decision to take these implants out. I am scheduled for September 18th. Any suggestions and/or recommendations are welcome.

Per-op

My pre-op is this Wednesday. Does anyone have suggestions on questions to ask? Thanks!

Pre-op melt down

Sitting in the middle of my pre-op appointment and I'm melting down. I've had two nurses come in and I am not sure anyone knows how to answer my obscene amount of questions. Surgeon is next up. I hope I get out of here without becoming a complete emotional wreck.

One week until they are out!

What a difference a week makes! Am getting excited about the explant and am actually feeling a lot of peace about it. One week and counting :)

24 hours till surgery

Tomorrow is the day! I am nervous and excited. I have been reading and following stories of others and it is helping greatly. My husband has taken the day off work and will be driving me there, as well as home. Can't believe it's finally here :)

They are OUT!

I am home! Just a little sore and very tired. I am SHOCKED at home much of my own tissue I had. I AM very happy to have those things OUT of me and to move forward implant free :) thanks for all the support ladies.

Waking up a happy woman!

I am awake a little early today, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to nap. I feel amazing. Just a tiny bit sore. It's nothing like having them put in! I go back to my PS today and will get a peak then. I'll update again later today. Maybe I'll add another photo.

Just finished my follow up appointment. Considering my surgery was yesterday, I am thrilled with the results. Can't believe I ever had implants. Think I'll look just fine without them!

You look fantastic!!!! Really glad to hear it all went well! Good luck with the PS today..:)
You look gorgeous! I'm the same, I can't believe I ever had the stupid things in, weighing me down! Happy healing, surgery sister!
Thanks Jenniebeth! I'm blown away at the results.
You still have plenty of God given breast:) YAY!!
I'm lucky. Feeling very blessed.
Wow, you look amazing! You must be stoked :) Congrats, cant wait to be implant free too!
Natural Goddess, we will all be cheering you on. I am thrilled to be free!
So happy for you! Yes, you are truly blessed with a lot of your own tissue! Rest, rest, rest. Wishing you a quick recovery )
Thank you!
Glad your on the other side, rest well and heal fast :) God Bless
Alrtee, it was easier than I imagined. So happy
God Bless ..
Good luck tomorrow! Will be thinking of you! You'll do great and just think this time tomorrow it wil all be over! :)
Thanks Ncj! I can't wait!!
So exciting! It will be fine and you will be so happy once they're out(:
Mamakas6, you are totally right!
I had mastopexy with saline implants under muscle in 1999 & i liked it for 5-8 years but as you saying they started sagging more & more+ getting bigger because of the age and weight gain and i hate the way them & i look and feel. I'm getting 2nd lift and explant on 09/20 and nervous same way as you are.PS tried to talk me into new smaller implants but i do not want to .Thanks to this site i decided to explant but PS saying i need a lift again because my nipples are low again .I wanted to wait for few month to see how they are going to heal but after some thinking decided to go for it now and no more surgeries .Like you i'm scared (what if ..?) Are you going to have drains?My PS don't use them.You are making a good decision not to wait ! I wish i find this site years earlier .Best of luck!!!! i am 2 days behind of you!!!!!!!
I'm always a little skeptical when a surgeon tries to talk you into smaller implants.
dont let him talk you into a lift until about 6 months after surgery things will take that long to puff up and settle , you may not need them
Yankel69, I'll keep you posted on how mine goes. I plan on updating tomorrow when I get home. If I can do it, you can too! I'm not exactly getting a lift. Sort of a reverse lift. Mine bottomed out so my areolas as sky high now and I would prefer somewhere lower. My PS knows what I'm looking for and I fully trust him. I'll let you know how it turns out. Hang in there. Just a few more days for you.
Agreed mamakas6, my PS told me all of the options and then told me that he couldn't make the decision, I needed to. He said that the best surgery would be the one that I wanted and felt comfortable with. He didn't push in any direction. It's my body and I should be the one making the decision :)
Yankel69, forgot to answer your question about drains. My PS said he would not need to use them on me. I'm excited about that! If read other comments and am glad I will skip that part!
Your going to do fine, and about to be on the other side with the rest of us !! Take a benadryl tonite if you need to for sleep I did it helped. It will go so fast you'll be amazed ..I cant even remember my hubby bringing me home LOL. Remember that Jesus is with you Good Luck Tomorrow and GOD Bless........
Thanks alrtee! I plan on posting when I get home tomorrow.
Great to hear you're feeling better about it all and looking forward to the results your surgery!! Glad you've got a positive feeling about it all now :) best of luck!