Removed my Saline Implants - La Jolla, CA

2006 had smooth saline implants put in. After...

2006 had smooth saline implants put in. After having 2 kids I just wanted to be natural again. They were getting uncomfortable and I felt they were to big.

I choose my doctor and love her! She decided I do not need a lift or capsulectomy.

The day of surgery I arrived at 8am. The doctor, anesthesiologist and nurses all came and talked to me before surgery. I expressed my concerns about being nauseous after surgery and the anesthesiologist said he will give me something in my IV for that. It was time for surgery I was so nervous. The anesthesiologist gave me a "margarita" to relax me. Before I knew it I woke up in recovery. The doctor came to see me and said everything went great. I was only in surgery for 40 minutes. I felt pretty good waking up. No pain and no nausea. That night the doctor called me to see how I was doing. The next day I was a little more sore by the incisions and I developed a rash from the iodine scrub they put on during surgery. Second day post op I am off pain meds and just taking my antibiotics. I go in on Tuesday to remove bandages.

4 Days Post Op

I went in for my post op appt. and the doctor checked everything and put on new steri strips over the sutures. Everyday I feel better. I am still a little sore but I only take Tylenol if I have to. My breasts look pretty flat and deflated, but I feel so much better and like my true self. The doctor gave me a new compression bra and it is so comfortable. I still have a little rash left. It's either from the antibiotics or the stuff they put on your skin during surgery to sterilize it. I hope with each day they look better and better. I will go back to my doctor in a week. I will update after my appt. and take a new picture of my breasts. I am so happy I decided to do this!

2 Weeks Post Op

Feeling great. Took the bandages off the incisions on Friday and everything is healing nicely. Starting to put Vit. E oil on them. Still have a little itching and a rash, I think its from wearing my compression bra 24 hours. Can't wait to be able to wear a regular bra. Looking forward to Summer.

1 Month Post Op

Feeling great. The incisions are healing great. I have been using vitamin E oil on them. Can't wait to wear regular bras!

Feeling Better With Each Day

Finally went to the gym and did a light workout, I did the elyptical machine. It feels good to get
my blood pumping again. I posted a picture of me a little over a month post op.

Bra Shopping!

So, I finally went bra shopping! I went to Victoria Secret and measured 32B. I thought I would be a A cup. I bought the Body by Victoria no wire bra and it's so comfortable and fits awesome. I also got the new t-shirt bra. So happy to be able to wear normal bras now, but I still wear a sports bra to bed.
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Very knowledgeable, personable she called me the same day after surgery to check on me. She is a great doctor.

She's an awesome doctor, I love the boobs she gave me. She goes for the natural look.
Beautiful!!! I also feel funny with out something on in bed. It's like they flop too much which baffles me cause there isn't much to flop!
Which compression bra is that that you have on? It does look wicked comfy.... Thanks!
Hi! It's called Barely There but I also bought a champion sports bra from Target which is very comfy also.
Things are healing up nicely! Keep us posted ;-) and thanks again for your review! I wouldn't have met dr sardo had I not read your post.
No problem glad I could help!
Happy you look great! Can you wear regular bras yet?
Hi thanks! I go in for a follow up with my doctor, so I will ask her when I can start to wear regular bras.
I have appt next week and I will let you know. :-)
Great, I look fwd to it! I haven't asked my PS. He told me last appt 'you don't need ot see me again'......I forgot to ask. I still feel best in sports bras.
So, my doctor said I can wear regular bras now. Yay!
Looking awesome! :-) thank you for sharing your story with us!
Hi Happy_happy, I just went in for a consultation with dr Sardo thanks to your review! She is a super sweet lady and her staff are sweet too. Did have yours removed through the areola or crease? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Hi! Dr. Sardo is wonderful! I'm glad you had a consultation with her, you won't be disappointed. I had mine done through the crease. The incisions are so small. I am VERY happy with my results. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Hi! I just had my consultation with her last Friday. She and her staff were super sweet and helpful. I am planning to have mine removed in April. Your review was so helpful, thank you! How long did it take your incisions to heal?
How exciting for you. April will get here fast! I had the tape that was over the incisions removed after a week. They were still a little tender and sore for a while but I put vitamin E oil on them twice a day and it seems to be helping them heal nicely. Also, I was afraid of being nauseous after surgery so I told the anesthesiologist my concerns and he gave me stuff during surgery so when I woke up I didn't get nauseous and I felt pretty good. Anesthesia tends to make me nauseous. The feeling of being implant free is awesome! It is so worth it.
Wow, u look so amazing post op. So glad I found this, I am feeling down in the dumps over my breast implants and I've been contemplating removing them. I live in San Diego too, I will contact her to set up a consultation. :) Thanks for the review!
Congrats happy happy!! You look great and I'm sure feel so good too! It's nice to hear that each day gets a little better. I am post op day one from my explant and am feeling sore At the incision sites, but not too bad. Thanks for sharing your story so people like me know what to expect!! Best of luck to you!
You look better each picture! What is the name of your comfy compression bra. I wake up with my back hurting each morning because of the compression bra. When did the doctor say you could stop wearing it?
Hi, thank you! It's called Barely There. I also have a Champion sports bra. The doctor said I have to wear this for 6 weeks before wearing a
Underwire bra. :-)
And I'm happy you're happy! It must be so liberating feel free after the implants. Please keep us posted as you continue to heal.
What is the expected outcome? Will they smooth out, or do they look pretty much like they are going to look from now on?
With time they will smooth out and "fluff", which means get a little more fuller. They were wrapped so tight that the skin looks wrinkly.
Thanks. I hope you post some more pix in the months to come. Would like to see the final outcome. Looks like we are similar in size, although I suspect I'm much older than you are. BTW - You are so lucky you don't have any stretch marks from the kids. Or if you do, they certainly aren't noticeable. I was not so lucky... oh well. Wouldn't trade my (now adult) "blessings" for all the perfect skin in the world, LOL! :)