Flat & Happy :) - La Jolla, CA

I just want to say a big thanks to all the brave...

I just want to say a big thanks to all the brave lovely ladies on here for sharing their stories! They were all so helpful to me and I hope my story will be helpful to others too! I will be 30 years old next month, I'm 5'3 at 123lbs. I had 450cc hp silicone unders via areola incision. I was a 34B pre op and 34D post op. I had my implants in for 3 1/2 years. Growing up I was ok with my breast size but a few years ago I went on a crazy diet and I exercised 24/7.. I lost so much weight. My boobs shrank to almost nothing and I thought maybe I needed to get them. I had several gf's that already had them and they looked great! So I decided to go big or go home on the size and I thought 450cc was a good choice for my body type. I'm a little short but I thought since I had hips and a butt it would balance it out. The first year was great, but after a while noticed how much it made me appear top heavy.. Always self conscious about how they looked in tops. I sized up because I didn't want them to be the main focus when people saw me and these flowy tops made me look bigger than I was. I started to hate them.. Then about a year ago, I notice my right boob was sitting up much higher and felt firmer than the other. I knew I had gotten capsular contracture :( . I went to see my original ps (about a 1 1/2 hr drive) and he told me that he would need to do a capsulectomy but said I had a 50% chance of it coming back. I didn't like those odds so I knew the best choice for me was to remove them completely. I found this site and it gave me the courage to do just that. I came across an explant review here and I loved her results and the great experience she had with her surgeon. It was an added plus that she was a woman doctor and she was only a 20min drive from me! I went in for a consultation and I was so happy with how well she and her staff treated me. She told me I didn't need a capsulectomy but that she may need to remove some scar tissue if needed once she gets in there. I had my explant yesterday morning, everything went great. She left the capsule in on my left (good boob) and took a small piece of scar tissue on my right (cc boob). I woke up ok with minimal pain on my right boob. Here are some before and afters :) I apologize for cropping out my left arm, my tattoos may give away my identity.

One week post op

Everything is healing ok, they still looks the same to me. I still have a small amount of seroma on my right. I'm continuing to wear my compression bra plus ace wrap 24/7.. I hope it will absorb soon =\ .

One month post op

So far I'm really happy with my results! My ps did an amazing job :) it feels great to be natural again. I am no longer wearing the ace wrap but I still wear the compression bra to bed. I've been massaging my breast with firming lotion every night after I get out of the shower and applying newgel+ on my incisions. I hope they continue to improve!

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Great caring surgeon and wonderful staff! She could tell I was nervous and held my hand until I passed out and gave me a follow up call later that day. Very informative and answered all my questions.