Botched revision lip lift and tip plasty, liposuction and earlobe surgery by Dr. Randal Haworth -Los Angeles, CA

While I was having other surgery performed I asked...

While I was having other surgery performed I asked Dr. Haworth about slightly reducing the size of my earlobes. I'd never had a facelift or earlobe surgery and my ears were normal looking but I felt that they looked rather large and that the lobes had stretched a bit from years of wearing heavy earrings. He assured me that this was a very simple, easy procedure and would not be a problem. After the surgery I immediately noticed that they looked off. He promised me that they would look fine after everything had healed but my fears proved correct. Not only is the shape very unnatural, they are two totally different shapes. From the front, they're drastically uneven and when viewed separately, they look very surgical. I have not worn my hair back since this surgery and have given up on wearing earrings which only draw more attention to this area. I have slowly but surely been having every procedure that he performed revised (at my own time and expense) and hope that this review can spare someone else that most difficult emotionally and financially draining task.

Earlobe pics

Larger pic of scar

Dr. Randal Haworth

During the consultation phase he was very accomodating. I spent $30,000for these procedures but after the first post op appt, I never heard from him again. I called in about a week later with surgery related complications and was passed off to another doctor to deal with; not a word from Randal Haworth. My follow up appt (by phone due to the fact that I live out of state) came and went without a call from him or his office, and they never explained, apologized, or rescheduled. My results are terrible and I have spent years and tens of thousands of dollars attempting to correct the mess he made of my face and body. When I voiced my justifiable displeasure with the results by writing this review I was met with hostility and wholly unprofessional and unethical behavior on the part of this doctor. He didn't like his horrific work being shown (bad for business I'm sure), and went as far as to disclose my confidential medical information in an attempt to blame my bad results on my having had prior surgery, even though all of the pictures that I originally posted illustrate areas previously untouched by another surgeon. I have since added photos of my facial features which were previously operated on but as you can see, he made them much much worse. Does a patient not have a right to expect an improvement when they pay a surgeon for a revision? His response was in some ways worse than the original harm, as it cannot be written off as a mistake. It speaks volumes. I have also dealt with several "happy patients" of Dr. Haworths posting their testimonial reviews on my thread, and in some instances even trying to excuse Dr. Haworth for my unacceptable results. To me this reeks of damage control. I have never before seen a happy patient attack those with bad results but this is a frequent occurrence on Dr. Haworth's threads. In my opinion this business shows no understanding of basic customer service or patient care, and Dr. Haworth, in my opinion, is lacking not only in technique, but in an eye for the aesthetics of the female form. Furthermore, his arrogance, unprofessionalism, lack of ethics, aggression, and hostility when confronted with his shoddy work add insult to injury. I believe my photos speak louder than any words. I was not particularly keen to post my nude, disfigured body or scarred and botched features on the internet, but feel that it is important to speak out and let people see what can happen. Too many of us slink away in shame rather than letting others learn from our mistakes. Beware the marketing machine and proceed with caution!