the most regretful thing i've done in my life - eyebrow embroidery! -Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi there. I'm Elaine, 22, from Malaysia. I just...

Hi there. I'm Elaine, 22, from Malaysia. I just did my eyebrow embroidery few months ago. And I get nightmares after that. They were so dark and thick, just like two hooks above my eyes! My colleagues teased me in front of other peoples. My self esteem dropped just like that. I didn't even want to look into the mirror since then and cried so many times like no body business. And I didn't feel like going out at all. I nearly gone mad for this. It was like end of the world! Yesterday, I made up my mind to remove the ugly ink on my eyebrows. I did my first laser treatment. The black ink changed to red. Hopefully this will be part of the healing process. I know I have to be patience this time, god bless me!

Where did you get them done? I'm considering and would like to avoid that place.

Hey there, checking in to see how you are making out with your treatments. So sorry to hear how much this has impacted you emotionally, are you feeling better?

Hi Elaine, I had same problem w u.. Just wanna check how's ur removal treatment so far? You manage to recover and back to the original? Appreciate you could share w me on this..
Hi Elaine, I am in the industry of Permanent Makeup and unfortunately there is a great deal of misinformation in regard to truths and consistencies with terminology and facts about the treatment - no more in Malaysia I am sure than in Australia. There are several terms for the tattooing of colour to skin in a cosmetic way ie brows, eyeliner, lips... Essentially they are all much the same thing - permanent, semi-permanent, micropigmentation, colour implants, softap, softouch, embroidery... I wish the industry had one term to cover the cosmetic tattooing - people shy away from the word 'tattooing' especially when it comes to the face being done. At the end of the day the terms are designed to try to describe something different or appeal to the public for a different reason ie either with use of a manual method rather than the soft buzzing of a machine (no more noisy than an electric toothbrush mostly) or that it doesn't imply 'tattoing' whereas in truth like it or not that is what colour being applied into the skin is,or implying duration colour will remain in the skin - how long is semi vs permanent? . I trust the operator drew them with you before commencing so that you fest as confident as you could to trust they would follow the shape as drawn? Don't worry that the colour now looks red. Laser addresses one colour at a time so on your next visit they will use a laser light/length designed to remove the red tone. You see a colour can be made up of more than one colour ie browns will mostly have red, yellow and blue all mixed in at varying percentages to achieve different shades of brown. Even black can be a mix as black is actually blue, just very dense blue. Red may have been mixed in with the black to achieve a non blue look to your brows - just clearly not done very successfully and possibly not a very experience operator. I hope things go well for you now and the above explains things clearly. I am in Australia, have been doing the treatment as a specialist for many years and have clients travel across Aust and International for the procedure. I don't usually have much time on the computer and stumbled on this looking for something else but I will check back soon to see if you have replied and need more help. Otherwise, good luck! Carmel - Permanent Makeup Specialist
Hi Carmel, Can the semi- permanent eyebrown totally remove and back to the original eyebrown? Do you have your webside?
There's another woman in Australia, I think, who had ink removed from her eyebrows.  She had her hair cut with bangs to hide.  As for the ink changing colours, that may be because of the ingredients in the ink.  It may change or fade.  Ink regret does affect your psyche, I also feel hideous at times.  It's important to stay positive, you're doing something about it, you're tackling the problem.  We are all in this together.  The ink can be on your face, on my hand/wrist, on someone else's back, it's there and the ink regret depressed feelings are real.  Yes, patience is important but also a positive attitude.  Good luck, we're all here for you.  aloha...k
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, being on your face this must be very difficult to deal with. It's very unfortunate that people can be so rude and it's down right terrible that your colleagues would have treated you that way.  You are on the right path...all you can do is remove them, but obviously this situation has caused you tremendous grief, that takes time to recover from. I suggest that you be patient and forgiving of yourself, we all make mistakes (as you can see from the other reviews on this site) this can be fixed. I am not certain why the black would turn red, have you followed up with the tech that performed the treatment? Take care ok, B11

I'm so sorry to hear how upset you have been feeling. I'm guessing eyebrow embroidery is permanent makeup, is that correct?