Classic Nightmare Overseas Experience - Kuala Lumpar, Malaysia

I had a rhinoplasty performed in Malaysia 6 months...

I had a rhinoplasty performed in Malaysia 6 months ago. I am from Australia and am part Middle Eastern. I had a slightly bulbous tip and hanging columella (middle section that separates the nostrils) that I wanted to refine. I went through 'Beautiful You Holiday' who recommended Dato' Dr Jalil Jidon.

The local Malaysian employee of 'Beautiful You Holiday' was lovely and arranged pick up/ drop off from the airport, hotel and hospital. A mobile phone was also given with a contact number so that if there was anything I needed, I was able to contact someone.

Ampang Puteri Hospital was clean, modern and staffed with lovely and efficient nursing staff. My procedure was seamless, with little to no post-op pain and no bruising under the eyes. I was very excited to see the preliminary results once the splint came off. Day 7 post-op and my splint was removed revealing a very asymmetrical nose. This was caused by the swelling and is not abnormal. I did however notice that my nostrils for some reason were higher then they use to be. Being a nurse myself, I decided that it was far too early to arrive to any conclusions and that I must be patient.

I am now 6 months post-op and my nose has seriously been operated on by an amateur. There is still asymmetrical swelling (to be expected) but too much cartilage has been removed on the right side leaving a slight concave look as well as my columella now looking more prominent then before. My side profile is also strange. My overall result has been an epic fail.

I have seen plastic surgeons both in Australia and the USA to see what can be done and am choosing to get my revision done in September in the USA.

Dr Jalil offered to do the revision but even though he may not charge extra, there are still flights, hotel, hospital and anaethsetic fees. I have also lost faith in Dr Jalil's capabilities with such a delicate surgery.

Moral of the story: there is a consequence to every action and now I must pay so much more for the dreadful mistake made. If you choose to go overseas for cosmetic surgery, remember that the legal options that may be available to you at home may not be available to you in another country and that the standards of practice differ dramatically.

Don't ever go to Dr Jalil for surgery. He gave me false hopes and all I ended up was broke and with a crooked chin. I hated myself for years and had a low self esteem because of him.. Don't ever go with Gorgeous Getaways. They are a scam!!
I'm shocked. But if it makes you feel any better, I received a similar result from a surgeon in Australia who was well recommended. I learned you have to do shitload upon shitload of research, prayer your hearts content and just hope for the best. Choosing a plastic surgeon is so hard because there are so many frauds out there and it shouldn't be like that but unfortunately it is.
I go to him too..and i know how you feel....it was a big mistake... :"(

One year on post revision with Dr Chasan

I'm one year on post a revision and my nose is a lot better....is it perfect - no, but Dr Chasan did a great job and does not understand what process was used for my original shaping. I still have the slight concave on my right side and my nostrils are uneven but you definitely cannot see such a bad hanging columella as that additional cartilage was harvested and used to fill out my nostrils more.

With both surgeries (but mainly from the first one), I have been left with extensive scar tissue that has affected the overall results. This is a complication that needs to be taken into account because it has provided some bulkiness to some area.

I love the staff at Ranch and Coast plastic surgery...the main nurse that stayed with me overnight was just an awesome person and a great nurse (thanks Amber).

Will I get another revision in the future? Maybe but not for a long, long time. If I did, it would be to make the nostril size more even (but I don't know if it is that important to me), and fix the right side more. Maybe just a little bit of filler will fix that but I can definitely say that I don't wake up and look in the mirror and experience that frustration that I had with my primary rhinoplasty and I need to thank Dr Chasan for that.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

One year post revision rhinoplasty

One year post revision

One year post rhinoplasty

I'm terribly sorry that you had to go through that. You are a strong person to be able to get through that. How were you emotionally during the time before your revision? I'm noticing that time is showing the defects of my primary rhinoplasty and it's been extremely hard emotionally. Glad to hear that you have had success in your revision procedure! :)
I am currently in Korea to do revision for my nose. According to doctor, the silicone was put at the wrong place and so does the tips making my nasal depressed and very bulbous. I also feel theres scar tissues inside my nostril. hope the doctor manage to fix my problem.
I hope your revision goes well
Dr Jalil Jidon

Although bed side manner etc were quite well done overall, the SURGICAL RESULT WAS TERRIBLE.