KTP Laser - Massachusetts

I went into a med spa which advertised ktp laser...

I went into a med spa which advertised ktp laser for removal of brown spots and capillaries. I asked a million questions as I am an aesthetician and knew going into the treatment that there would be some down time- brown spots darkening and some crusting which would naturally fall of and leave fresh pink tissue which would turn back to normal color within a few weeks.

I had a trip to go on and the tech said i should be ok within 3 weeks. Anyway- i blistered from the treatment and my face was a mess! A month later I am left with red indented chicken scratches on my face and a larger indent under my eye where there was the largest blister.

I have remained out of the sun and am applying vitamin e and k to hopefully prevent permanent scarring. The tech wants to see me 6 weeks post op which I will do- but I truly believe that my skin is far worse now than before the treatment. I am going to see a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in laser next week because i want my skin back.

This is a very good reason not to let non-physicians anywhere near your face with medical devices like these.
thank you ! i have followed up with a great derm and they don't think it will leave permanent scars- it's better but i have red marks like acne stains and an indentation where the laser was very strong- definately not something i recommend to anyone- my skin was much better beforehand- now i have to wait in order to do treatments to remove the damage from this laser ....and all i wanted was to do something nice for myself...
You should go to the best dermatologist in your area and get photos. I had that happen with a reputable physcian on the side of my nose. I have a small hole and it still is there years later. In New York Roy Geronemus is best.

The owner of the spa is very supportive and assuring me everything will heal fine- I will follow up later with final results.