Full Tummy Tuck with Lipo - Knoxville, TN

After 3 c-sections and then 100 lb lost, my tummy...

After 3 c-sections and then 100 lb lost, my tummy has had its shares of ups and downs, way down, droopy down. My stretch marks went above my belly button and although they can't be completely removed, they can be less wrinkly and hidden easier. I had the flap, you know the one i'm talking about, the one you can't get rid of with diet or exercise. Every day I look into the mirror, that's all i see. it's gross. i hate it. so i removed it. I had my tummy tuck on Dec. 28, 2010 and can't believe how awesome it looks already! I'm so excited for what 2011 will bring.

Got both drains out today....woohoo! Doc also took...

Got both drains out today....woohoo! Doc also took the large tape off and put skinny tape on. He said all looked well - even the belly button. The nurse was surprised I was walking upright. It didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would for him to pull the tape off. I guess it'll be back to work on Wednesday for me. Feeling up for it, so I figure I should go for it and save my leave for a true vacation.

Overall, I felt pretty good today. Left the house at 11am, grocery shopped, doctors appointments for me and my 8 year old and then finally got home around 6pm. A little worn out and hunched over by the end of the day, but a pretty good day :)

My history: I am 36 years old, 5'8"...

My history:
I am 36 years old, 5'8" tall and weigh 175 lb. I am married with 3 boys ages 3, 8 and 10 years old. I weighed 275 lb in 2002 while pregnant with my 8 year old. In late 2002, that had dropped to 240 and stayed that way for 2 years until I finally got it together and lost it over a period of 2 years. Slow and steady wins the race :)

My weight has been stable for the last 2 years and I needed this boost that will spur me on to reach my goal this year (hopefully). I made the decision to do it last year and I am NOT a procrastinator. As soon as I make up my mind to do something, you better not change your mind because it'll be done before you know it :)

On my surgery day, when I went in, they took my pulse. He was so funny - because my pulse was very normal. He said - wow, guess you're not even the least bit nervous. And it was true. I guess when you're ready, you're ready. I never got nervous or questioned my decision. I think that it was a sign that it was meant to be and this was what I was supposed to do :)

Finished painting the kitchen yesterday! No pain,...

Finished painting the kitchen yesterday! No pain, but I did notice I had a lot more swelling. I guess that comes with more activity.

I about died the other night when my 3 year old came into the bedroom in the middle of the night and jumped on my stomach. Ouch!!! Guess I need to lock my door!

2 week update: Went in to get my stitches...

2 week update:

Went in to get my stitches removed from my belly button today. That part was fine.

Then he asked me if I had fluid. I said no. Then he looked and said - oh yes, you do. I asked how do you know? When your belly feels like a waterbed. Okay - so nice to know that now :) But when he stuck this giant needle in to drain that fluid.....things got a bit woozy. I didn't pass out thank god, but I wasn't feeling the greatest today anyway and add that on top - and whoa. So i did sit and drink some sprite before i left. oh well.

But my scar looks fantastic - will post pics in a day or two.

oh and bonus with a complimentary laser tightening and some lotions to go home with :)

Photo Update

Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Dr. was recommended to me by my OB-GYN because his wife had a breast lift/reduction and full tummy tuck and was very happy. I had a consultation with him and felt completely comfortable that he was the best for me. His staff has been so warm and friendly. I have been completely satisfied with my results so far.

Cindy, you look wonderful! How are things going for you now? Hope all is well and thanks for sharing your story! You have to be so excited of your new belly! CONGRATS and I want your results! :)
~Julie
yup, been living in my workout pants too...lol.

will definitely try feet up and ice packs. thanks kimmers!

You look excellent!

I also had the needle in the tummy twice checking for fluid and that is not so fun.  It didn't hurt going in but once it was in I felt the pinch.  Thought I did not watch the needle go in or I would have fainted.

Your swelling will go up and down for weeks but it will get better.
thanks kimmers!

but the swelling is killing me! and i looked on here to see how long it lasts and found it goes on for at least 2 more months.....yuck! i barely fit into my pants to go out to dinner tonight.....the same pants that were falling off of me on monday....lol.

i have to go back in this week and get some more of this fluid off or i'm gonna bust like a balloon!

it's so weird how numb your tummy is and they can stick a needle in like it's nothing and you prolly wouldn't even know if you didn't see it.

I know the swelling is the absolute worst!  It torments you one hour at a time :)

When it gets really bad kick your feet up and put some cold packs on the tummy.  Not directly on the skin though.  What works best is bags of frozen peas and corn....sounds strange but works well.  That is the trick I have always used for my hubby and sons hockey injuries.  You can just re-freeze them and use all over again.  We have a shelf in the freezer marked "Injury" vegetables.  Nobody eats those; we only treat injuries with them.

I got so sick of wearing my stretchy Capri workout pants and zip up hoodies that I thought I would vomit....LOL
My TT is scheduled for Jan. 19th and I hope my recovery goes as well as yours has. Your an inspiration to us all! Way to go and you look great!
You'll love it flower! Just listen to your body. We're all different.
Cindyloohoo, Wow what great results. Looks like you bruised pretty good from your lipo. My backside was really bad. saw your post on kimmers site and had to check you out. You have a great sense of humor. I am always amazed at the terrific weight loss of the ladies on here. I had lost 33 pounds and I know that was hard for me but have kept it off for 5 years. I still go through spurts of putting 5 on and having to take it back off. Trying to behave myself but fell off the wagon earlier this week. Hopefully will be on track at home this weekend with a better week next week.

I had a lift and implants and I am very happy with the results. They are a little bit of work my PS has you massage them so you don't get a capsular contracture. It was hard to push up with your arms after that especially with the TT but it worked out ok in the end.
I always say that I can look at a piece of cake and gain 5 lb...lol. Isn't it funny how easy it is to put on and how difficult it is to take off? I swear I can gain 5 lb in a week easy and it takes a month to take it back off!

Anyway, I looked at your pics and you look great barbie :) You definitely needed the TT and it took you from pretty to stunning!

The lipo he did was just tapering so that I didn't have this big gap from stomach to hips. God knows I need more, but I paid for what was really bothering me, which was my tummy. i'll try to take care of the rest the old fashioned way, with exercise and diet :)

if i was a rich girl, na na na na na na na na na na na.....
I did my breasts but if I hadn't come up with the $$ I would have done the tummy first and worried about the breast later. I ended up with lipo at the last minute my PS felt bad he hadn't noticed I needed it at my first appt and charged me 750.00 instead of 1400.00 at that point I decided what was another 750? I am happy I did it but at first I wasn't the lipo I felt has been more painful than the TT. Breasts weren't a big deal but everything else hurt more so probably didn't notice them too much.
yeah - i definitely would have done it for another 750 too!
You are very strong i had my done on the 17 th Dec 2010 and just went back to work yesterday still very tired and still walking a little bend over.
you look great take care of your self.
I went back to work yesterday. Not too bad since I have a desk job. But I also still take a pain pill about every 6 hours. And I get bent over by the end of the day. I'm happy to start out upright....lol.

thanks for the encouragement!
wow what a difference you look so much better. My your going to be one smokin lady. I don't think I got lipo at all I wanted it but who knows he said before I went in he will try depending how long I was under for my safety first. But now I want it boo hoo!!
You are looking great and I hope I can get around like you after my surgery.

Lookin good!  You have a nice flat tummy!
hey cindy I had my surgery on the 22 of dec and I feel so good hardly any pain at all. I can do lots but I'm not cause it's nice to get pamperd by my husband, see him do laundry dishes, vacuum and all the wifie duties so I'm loving it up hehehe. I haven't sat down this much in for ever and I can say I hate it but I have to sit here doctors orders. Hope to see your pictures soon take care.
lol trena! you go girl! mine just lets it pile up, so it doesn't do much good to sit around. that's ok....he's a pretty sweet guy and takes care of me even if he doesn't take care of the house :)

your pics look great! i considered doing the mommy makeover, but i decided to wait on the breast reduction. my doc said that i would have to have implants to have the nice shape and results that i want. i'm ready to have them reduced and lifted but i'm not ready for implants.

after doing the TT though, i think it would be hard to move - especially raise up- if i had my boobs done at the same time. have you found this to be the case?

Cindy, I have a feeling you are a DYNAMO! Thanks for taking the time to post here on RealSelf. Please keep us updated as you heal.

My doc said he would get me a copy of my pics but my first follow up is tomorrow. I plan on posting before and after pics as soon as I can!

I knew what to expect somewhat since I've been cut in the same area 3 times...but I guess you take for granted that extra couple of days in the hospital where you don't move too much those first couple of days. So I would say it has been harder than expected.

But I went to the mall for a bit on day 4 post TT and then marked my kitchen off for painting on day 5. So, all in all, not too bad :)

I loved reading all the updates on here and they have really helped answer questions like "is it ok to take my compression garment off while i shower" when it's the weekend and i can't call the doc :)

Shopping day 4 and painting prep on day 5...OMG!  Ok you are my hero.  I was rolling around the bed in tears the entire first week.

I am impressed.

Hi Cindy,

Welcome to RealSelf!

So how is your recovery going so far?  Has it been easier or harder than you expected?

Do you have before and after pictures you would consider posting?

It sounds like you are happy with your results so that is wonderful.  You will notice big changes each week as you go through the healing process.  You will have ups and downs so don't get frustrated if you feel super good one day and awful the next.  That is all part of it :)  Go slow and don't over do it.

I look forward to reading your posts as you go through your healing and please let me know if you have any questions.