My Breast Augmentation Journey - From Flat to Fab!

Hi ladies I decided to write this post, mainly...

Hi ladies

I decided to write this post, mainly because I felt there were not many postings/reviews by an Asian, with regards to breast augmentation. I went for my 2nd review today and the doctor gave somewhat contradicting views as compared to the 1st consultant. He advised me to go over the muscles (subglandular) instead of under the muscles (submuscular/subpectoral) . Reason for this is due to the fact that the pectoralis muscle is 'cut' hence it will limit my movement in the long run.

Concerns on scarring above the crease/fold

Hi ladies,

After much research and reading, I decided to go for the under the muscles/dual plane insertion (with much hope that I do not change my mind again!). My stats are as follows:

Asian, 28 years, 5'7" tall, 53kg, never married, no kids.

Considering 300-350cc silicone implants, mentor round, high profile, inframammary incision.
I'm just sooooooooo worried about the bad scarring & stretch marks! Hence I'm just wondering if the breast will drop and cover over the crease/fold of the insertion scar? I wouldn't want the scar to sit just right below my breast shape and visible - what are the chances and determining factor of when the breast will not drop and cover the crease/fold? Anybody had this occurring before?

I'll be visiting my 1st doctor tomorrow and will be trying on sizers and hopefully, be in full assurance to put down the deposit!

Deposit Paid!

Hi ladies,

I went for my 3rd consultation today and I had an A4 paper with me - listing down all the final questions I had for my PS and was glad with the answers. Doc advised me to go for mentor high profile 350cc silicone, placed under the muscles via the dual plane method. Upon trying on the sizers, I somehow felt it was rather huge for my frame - I'm not sure if it's because the implants were literally inserted into the bra pocket. As I've read that we lose some cc's when placed under the muscles, I'm really uncertain about the size and might consider the 3255cc implants?

Also worried that the high profile might project a 'fake/unnatural' look. hmmm... Any thoughts from the ladies out there? I paid my deposit and fixed the tentative surgery date on 6th September 2014....that's a one month countdown so to speak. I hope I don't change my mind. I'm also really worried about looking 'top heavy' yet I don't want to regret with 'boob greed' either. And oh gawd!! The possible stretch marks and scarring.... goodness gracious me!

Indecisive on implant size!

Hi ladies

It's about a month away to my scheduled BA op. I'm still indecisive over the size. I'm worried I'll look too 'fake' and 'top-heavy' and that's the last thing I want! Having a headache over 300cc, 325cc or 350cc high profile, mentor silicone implants, and placed dual plane method, via inframammary method. PS kept suggesting 350cc but I'm concerned it'll be too big of a difference from how I am now.
None of my family members or friends are aware that I'm planning to undergo BA, hence I don't want to appear as a 'significantly big' difference after post-op!

Here are some photos pre-op. It's really small and I can't wait to have boobies!

Is it true that we lose some cc's when placed under the muscles? I'm also afraid that if I have insufficient breast tissue to cover the incision scars when the breast drops. :( Not to mention, the scarring and risk of stretch marks!

24 more days!

Hi Ladies

I'm counting down the days till for my surgery to take place.
I'm feeling a whirlpool of emotions - thinking it through if this is right and if this is what I want to do. Of course I'm worried about the risks, scarring, stretch marks, complications, post BA care for the many, many years to come. Have any of you ladies second guess/thought your decision to undergo a BA procedure? Any regrets thus far?

I'm so confused and I'm really worried if results aren't up to my expectations.
Furthermore, I'm not telling anyone about this, perhaps so that's why I'm feeling stressed and pressured from this.

Sigh!! Feeling really down. :(

Blood Test

Hi all,

The day is drawing near for surgery and I got a call from the hospital today, advising me to make an appointment for a blood test. They'll need to run through all necessary test prior to the surgery.
I'm nervous and I'm still not sure if this is what I really want. I keep thinking about the future years down the road - on the many commitment and risks I might have to face.

What were the factors determining and contributing to you ladies in wanting to get a BA and for those who has gone through the BA - any regrets and if given a choice, would you have chosen to not get a BA?

Appreciate advice and most of all, support on this matter.
Thank you ladies. :(

17 days to go

I'm still really worried and my mind is all over the place. Literally freaking out and asking myself over and over again if this is what I want and if this is what I should be doing. Does it make me shallow into thinking I don't love myself enough to be doing this change to my body? Or perhaps I love myself too much that I want the best it can possibly be?

Time is running out as my mind isn't fully 100% confirmed and made up if I will go ahead with this BA....

ladies, any advice will be much appreciated. :(

2 weeks away!

Hi ladies!

I'm officially two weeks away from my BA! Still unable to fathom the changes that I'll be experiencing. a lifetime change! am i ready for this? i've yet to speak to my boss and apply for a week's leave. hopefully i'll be all recovered by that duration.

still undecided on the size. dont want to be too big and unnatural. contemplating between 300, 325 or 350cc and i'm going haywire from all this thinking!!

Heart & Mind Confusion Over BA Surgery

One week away from surgery and I'm freaking out. Really worried about the size and to be honest, I am not 100% peace at heart and mind if I want to proceed with this BA.
Anyone felt the same way?

It's like your heart tells you 'yes! go for it! you'll finally get boobies and even out your body proportions!', and on the other side, my brain/mind tells me 'you should rethink this carefully and not go ahead with it. Think about the risk and future problems, etc.'.

Ladies, please advise!! :(

3 Days Away!

Ladies,

My BA is three days away and I'm trying my best to recover from this cold I have. Consulted with PS and he said that it'll be fine to proceed with the BA even when I'm unwell. Is this generally a good idea? I wouldn't want to force my body into having an infection/slow recovery process.

PS is preparing a 325cc and a 350cc HP mentor implant for me. The final size will be decided on the surgery day. Really nervous and freaking out if this is what I want and the consequences I'll have to live with for the rest of my life.

No one knows I'm doing this - perhaps that's why I'm lacking support and you ladies on this site are the only word of encouragement. I hope I survive this surgery and I certainly hope that I WILL NOT regret this decision.

Beats me - I can't even believe I'm doing this!

Final Night with flatness

Hi ladies

This would be my final post before my transformation from flat to fab.
Really worried! But yet at the same time I'm keeping upbeat and remaining positive of the outcome. I'm trying not to think too much about the pain and swelling and risks and cap con but instead, focusing on how I'll look amazing and better in my clothes, bikini, and above all, my self confidence.

Still in disbelief that I'm doing this. Somebody pinch me and tell me it's all going to be ok!
I'm still clouding around 325cc and 350cc - final size will be decided tomorrow. Surgery is slated for late afternoon hence I'll begin fasting from tomorrow after my last meal at 10am.

So excited and nervous! Praying all goes well and I was thinking hard about it, and I tried on some bikinis......and needless to say, the pictures reaffirms my desire to undergo this surgery. I can barely even fill up a small sized bikini! Can you imagine my low self esteem at the beach/pool?! Gosh!

We only have one life. I only have ONE LIFE! so I'm living it.
Wish me luck ladies. And those who will be having surgery on the same date as me or a week within me, please buzz me so that we can share this BA journey together!

BA Surgery Cancelled!!

Hi ladies.

It is with total disappointment that my surgery got cancelled!! I was scheduled for surgery yesterday afternoon but it hit cancelled because doctor advised against it. I was still having a cold and coughing up phlegm hence my doctor said the risk for infection is higher. I'm very disappointed as I was already prepared in my heart and mind for this surgery.

Funny thing is, while we waited for my doctor to visit me at the ward, the nurses were already checking my blood pressure and even gave me nebulizer to help me cough up the unwanted phlegm

Either way, even fixed and postponed the surgery to next week.hopefully I'm all well and recovered to undergo surgery. Above all, I hope this doesn't change my mind in freaking out and not wanting to have this BA Surgery!! Bummer indeed! :(

Countdown!

Hi ladies

I'm two days away form my surgery. My cold has gotten better and I'm excited about the surgery. At the same time, I'm wondering about the recovery period and how soon am I able to go back to work. I work a desk job so I don't move much, other than typing at my keyboard. Am just wondering if this will impact the implant in any way at all? I'm planning to go back on the 3rd day post of as I'm unable to take leave.

Also, I'd like to know the relation between high heels and the implants. Does it impact its shape, the period it takes to drop, etc.?

Kindly advise.

Goodbye Original Boobs

Hi all

THE day is finally here. After countless of contemplation on this surgery, I'm finally doing it!
Pinching myself as I'm in disbelief that I'm even going for BA.

Surgery is tomorrow noon and I'm excited and nervous. Hope I choose the right size and really hoping all goes well!!

Today's the day!

It's finally here! The much awaited day! Here's hoping I go in with faith in my doctor and to come out with great results.

Still deciding between 300, 325 and 350 and am on my bed waiting for my doctor to come draw me up.

Wish me luck ladies! You all are the pillar of support for me!

Xoxo

Surgery Done!

Hi ladies, i finally went ahead with surgery and i'm in crazy pain right now.
it's the body's way of being shock from welcoming a foreign item into it. I could barely sleep yesterday - kept vomiting because i was allergic to one of the meds. I am totally regretting this pain and recovery period.

pls lend some support to me. :(

3rd day post op

Hi ladies

Barely managed to sleep yesterday. Keep waking up halfway and MORNING BOOBS ARE REAL! feels so numb and sore. this is a difficult recovery! These are my boobs 3rd day post op.
Prior to the surgery, my doc advised that my ribcage is higher on the left side, as such we went with 300cc on the left side and 325cc on the right side - to ensure it evens out equally. I was afraid it'll be bigger on one side - so let's ust hope all turns out well. Both are mentor high profile implants and i did the dual plane method, via inframammary incision.

I'm in pain. chest feels so sore and tight. hate feeling this way....but the saying goes, no pain, no gain right? thank you to you all that have been so supportive and encouraging. am i even suppose to massage it?
hope i dont have boob greed and hope the size isn't too big for me once it drops and fluffs.

Boobies Blues

Having boobies blues. Regretting that i have these implants in me. not feeling happy about it....anyone felt this way? :(

5th Day Post Op

Hi Ladies

I went for my 1st post op review today and doc changed the bandage for me. Overall it's looking good and boobs are symmetrical. Pain is getting less but I often feel a tingle and pull at the incision area. Boobs are still riding high. cant wait for them to drop and fluff! they look huge on my chest now. im wearing loose clothing to cover them up. Still bruising at the sides and feeling tight. Difficult part is having to sleep straight most of the time. Hoping for a speedy recovery soon!!

Pain at incisions

I'm having so much pain at the incision area of my right breast. No idea why and the bruising is still present. am worried it's hematoma/seratoma. what are the chances of getting one and what are the signs? what about capsular contracture? how would i know if i have on in either breast?! omg!

i feel like my boobs isn't dropping. it's one week post op and it's still riding high. how long does the pain and bruising/swelling usually last? the more pain i'm in, the more i'm dreading that i did this. is this a post of blues feeling? sigh! :(

One Week Post Op

Hi Ladies,

Hope you're each recovering well. Here are updates and some pictures along with it.
Boobies are still riding high and I'm wondering if they will ever settle down and drop?

Bruising more noticeable on my left side. Wondering is this is normal or if it has got to do with heratoma/seratoma? Omg.

11 days post op

Hi ladies

i went for my 2nd review with doc today and he said it's looking good and incisions are healing well. i have not seen the incisions as they are still bandaged with steri strips. bruising and swelling are still visible. hopefully it goes away soon. i'm still wearing the compression bra to ensure it cups the boobs nicely without displacement.

i'm off all medication and feel no more pain. the only pain comes from morning boob when the muscle is at rest and when spasm occurs.

attached are updates on boobies. they are still riding high but settling down bit by bit each day. i am liking the size as it's proportionate with my body. i just hope it doesn't settle down too much and become 'smaller' than what it is now.

here's wishing everyone else a speedy recovery. and if you're contemplating on BA, do it for the right reason - for yourself. nothing brings greater satisfaction than being content with your body.

2weeks Post Op

Hi ladies

Officially two weeks post op. Went for my 3rd review yesterday and doc took off the bandage. Big relief that the scar is minimal and without any infection. Currently putting steri strips and I can then apply scar cream/oil unto the incisions.

So far so good. No boob greed as I feel the size matches my body frame naturally and without screaming too much attention to my chest area. My only dissatisfaction now is that of the different cc sizes. I can feel the projection and Base width difference when I cup my breast. But visually wise, it looks of similar size and above all, the upper pole projection are looking similar. I know the saying is that breast are sisters and not twins, but I'm hoping these sisters are as most similar to each other! Doc advise to push both breast to the center and gravity might push it sidewards towards the armpits.

Boobs still need to drop and fluff. Overall no regrets undergoing BA and I hope you ladies out there are recovering from well and best of luck to those about to undergo surgery!

18 days post-op

Hi ladies

I'm officially 18 days post op. The pain has lessen and the swelling has gone down too. I'm able to drive and go about my daily activities but I've not started working out and I'm still ensuring I do not lift heavy items. It's thus far been a change to my life and I still can't believe I did it. It all seems rather surreal. Hopefully boob greed doesn't eat into me.

I feel the size is just right for my body, but my only concern now is that they are of different cc sizes hence the right side seems to be bigger. I'm disappointed in this and am wondering if I can do a revision to correct this. Advice to me is that the breast has yet to settle and will not look like how it is now. I'm hoping it will drop and fluff and look symmetrical to each other. I can feel the slight projection difference but a doctor's advice made me assured that I made the right decision in placing different cc sizes. Doc said "it is better to have breast projection matching than exact implant size matching. In my opinion, slight differences in implant size is much less noticeable than a mismatch in breast projection" and that 'a vast majority of women have breast asymmetry".

Incisions are ok - I am still putting steri strips but the wound is not entirely close so I'm putting aloe vera gel for now, before moving on to scar cream/gel/oil. Glad there's no keloid and i hope the scar colour fades quickly. I'm still able to fit into some of my clothes - is this a good thing or bad thing?
I know i didnt want a drastic upper chest change hence this size is right for me.

Breast are starting to drop more and settle in. The 25 cc difference is almost imperceptible and I'm sure hoping that the recovery goes well and that both breast will equal up to look the same!