My Breast Augmentation Journey - From Flat to Fab!

Hi ladies I decided to write this post, mainly...

Hi ladies

I decided to write this post, mainly because I felt there were not many postings/reviews by an Asian, with regards to breast augmentation. I went for my 2nd review today and the doctor gave somewhat contradicting views as compared to the 1st consultant. He advised me to go over the muscles (subglandular) instead of under the muscles (submuscular/subpectoral) . Reason for this is due to the fact that the pectoralis muscle is 'cut' hence it will limit my movement in the long run.

Concerns on scarring above the crease/fold

Hi ladies,

After much research and reading, I decided to go for the under the muscles/dual plane insertion (with much hope that I do not change my mind again!). My stats are as follows:

Asian, 28 years, 5'7" tall, 53kg, never married, no kids.

Considering 300-350cc silicone implants, mentor round, high profile, inframammary incision.
I'm just sooooooooo worried about the bad scarring & stretch marks! Hence I'm just wondering if the breast will drop and cover over the crease/fold of the insertion scar? I wouldn't want the scar to sit just right below my breast shape and visible - what are the chances and determining factor of when the breast will not drop and cover the crease/fold? Anybody had this occurring before?

I'll be visiting my 1st doctor tomorrow and will be trying on sizers and hopefully, be in full assurance to put down the deposit!

Deposit Paid!

Hi ladies,

I went for my 3rd consultation today and I had an A4 paper with me - listing down all the final questions I had for my PS and was glad with the answers. Doc advised me to go for mentor high profile 350cc silicone, placed under the muscles via the dual plane method. Upon trying on the sizers, I somehow felt it was rather huge for my frame - I'm not sure if it's because the implants were literally inserted into the bra pocket. As I've read that we lose some cc's when placed under the muscles, I'm really uncertain about the size and might consider the 3255cc implants?

Also worried that the high profile might project a 'fake/unnatural' look. hmmm... Any thoughts from the ladies out there? I paid my deposit and fixed the tentative surgery date on 6th September 2014....that's a one month countdown so to speak. I hope I don't change my mind. I'm also really worried about looking 'top heavy' yet I don't want to regret with 'boob greed' either. And oh gawd!! The possible stretch marks and scarring.... goodness gracious me!

Indecisive on implant size!

Hi ladies

It's about a month away to my scheduled BA op. I'm still indecisive over the size. I'm worried I'll look too 'fake' and 'top-heavy' and that's the last thing I want! Having a headache over 300cc, 325cc or 350cc high profile, mentor silicone implants, and placed dual plane method, via inframammary method. PS kept suggesting 350cc but I'm concerned it'll be too big of a difference from how I am now.
None of my family members or friends are aware that I'm planning to undergo BA, hence I don't want to appear as a 'significantly big' difference after post-op!

Here are some photos pre-op. It's really small and I can't wait to have boobies!

Is it true that we lose some cc's when placed under the muscles? I'm also afraid that if I have insufficient breast tissue to cover the incision scars when the breast drops. :( Not to mention, the scarring and risk of stretch marks!

24 more days!

Hi Ladies

I'm counting down the days till for my surgery to take place.
I'm feeling a whirlpool of emotions - thinking it through if this is right and if this is what I want to do. Of course I'm worried about the risks, scarring, stretch marks, complications, post BA care for the many, many years to come. Have any of you ladies second guess/thought your decision to undergo a BA procedure? Any regrets thus far?

I'm so confused and I'm really worried if results aren't up to my expectations.
Furthermore, I'm not telling anyone about this, perhaps so that's why I'm feeling stressed and pressured from this.

Sigh!! Feeling really down. :(

Blood Test

Hi all,

The day is drawing near for surgery and I got a call from the hospital today, advising me to make an appointment for a blood test. They'll need to run through all necessary test prior to the surgery.
I'm nervous and I'm still not sure if this is what I really want. I keep thinking about the future years down the road - on the many commitment and risks I might have to face.

What were the factors determining and contributing to you ladies in wanting to get a BA and for those who has gone through the BA - any regrets and if given a choice, would you have chosen to not get a BA?

Appreciate advice and most of all, support on this matter.
Thank you ladies. :(

17 days to go

I'm still really worried and my mind is all over the place. Literally freaking out and asking myself over and over again if this is what I want and if this is what I should be doing. Does it make me shallow into thinking I don't love myself enough to be doing this change to my body? Or perhaps I love myself too much that I want the best it can possibly be?

Time is running out as my mind isn't fully 100% confirmed and made up if I will go ahead with this BA....

ladies, any advice will be much appreciated. :(

2 weeks away!

Hi ladies!

I'm officially two weeks away from my BA! Still unable to fathom the changes that I'll be experiencing. a lifetime change! am i ready for this? i've yet to speak to my boss and apply for a week's leave. hopefully i'll be all recovered by that duration.

still undecided on the size. dont want to be too big and unnatural. contemplating between 300, 325 or 350cc and i'm going haywire from all this thinking!!

Heart & Mind Confusion Over BA Surgery

One week away from surgery and I'm freaking out. Really worried about the size and to be honest, I am not 100% peace at heart and mind if I want to proceed with this BA.
Anyone felt the same way?

It's like your heart tells you 'yes! go for it! you'll finally get boobies and even out your body proportions!', and on the other side, my brain/mind tells me 'you should rethink this carefully and not go ahead with it. Think about the risk and future problems, etc.'.

Ladies, please advise!! :(

3 Days Away!

Ladies,

My BA is three days away and I'm trying my best to recover from this cold I have. Consulted with PS and he said that it'll be fine to proceed with the BA even when I'm unwell. Is this generally a good idea? I wouldn't want to force my body into having an infection/slow recovery process.

PS is preparing a 325cc and a 350cc HP mentor implant for me. The final size will be decided on the surgery day. Really nervous and freaking out if this is what I want and the consequences I'll have to live with for the rest of my life.

No one knows I'm doing this - perhaps that's why I'm lacking support and you ladies on this site are the only word of encouragement. I hope I survive this surgery and I certainly hope that I WILL NOT regret this decision.

Beats me - I can't even believe I'm doing this!

Final Night with flatness

Hi ladies

This would be my final post before my transformation from flat to fab.
Really worried! But yet at the same time I'm keeping upbeat and remaining positive of the outcome. I'm trying not to think too much about the pain and swelling and risks and cap con but instead, focusing on how I'll look amazing and better in my clothes, bikini, and above all, my self confidence.

Still in disbelief that I'm doing this. Somebody pinch me and tell me it's all going to be ok!
I'm still clouding around 325cc and 350cc - final size will be decided tomorrow. Surgery is slated for late afternoon hence I'll begin fasting from tomorrow after my last meal at 10am.

So excited and nervous! Praying all goes well and I was thinking hard about it, and I tried on some bikinis......and needless to say, the pictures reaffirms my desire to undergo this surgery. I can barely even fill up a small sized bikini! Can you imagine my low self esteem at the beach/pool?! Gosh!

We only have one life. I only have ONE LIFE! so I'm living it.
Wish me luck ladies. And those who will be having surgery on the same date as me or a week within me, please buzz me so that we can share this BA journey together!

xoxo.

BA Surgery Cancelled!!

Hi ladies.

It is with total disappointment that my surgery got cancelled!! I was scheduled for surgery yesterday afternoon but it hit cancelled because doctor advised against it. I was still having a cold and coughing up phlegm hence my doctor said the risk for infection is higher. I'm very disappointed as I was already prepared in my heart and mind for this surgery.

Funny thing is, while we waited for my doctor to visit me at the ward, the nurses were already checking my blood pressure and even gave me nebulizer to help me cough up the unwanted phlegm

Either way, even fixed and postponed the surgery to next week.hopefully I'm all well and recovered to undergo surgery. Above all, I hope this doesn't change my mind in freaking out and not wanting to have this BA Surgery!! Bummer indeed! :(

Countdown!

Hi ladies

I'm two days away form my surgery. My cold has gotten better and I'm excited about the surgery. At the same time, I'm wondering about the recovery period and how soon am I able to go back to work. I work a desk job so I don't move much, other than typing at my keyboard. Am just wondering if this will impact the implant in any way at all? I'm planning to go back on the 3rd day post of as I'm unable to take leave.

Also, I'd like to know the relation between high heels and the implants. Does it impact its shape, the period it takes to drop, etc.?

Kindly advise.

Goodbye Original Boobs

Hi all

THE day is finally here. After countless of contemplation on this surgery, I'm finally doing it!
Pinching myself as I'm in disbelief that I'm even going for BA.

Surgery is tomorrow noon and I'm excited and nervous. Hope I choose the right size and really hoping all goes well!!

Today's the day!

It's finally here! The much awaited day! Here's hoping I go in with faith in my doctor and to come out with great results.

Still deciding between 300, 325 and 350 and am on my bed waiting for my doctor to come draw me up.

Wish me luck ladies! You all are the pillar of support for me!

Xoxo

Surgery Done!

Hi ladies, i finally went ahead with surgery and i'm in crazy pain right now.
it's the body's way of being shock from welcoming a foreign item into it. I could barely sleep yesterday - kept vomiting because i was allergic to one of the meds. I am totally regretting this pain and recovery period.

pls lend some support to me. :(

3rd day post op

Hi ladies

Barely managed to sleep yesterday. Keep waking up halfway and MORNING BOOBS ARE REAL! feels so numb and sore. this is a difficult recovery! These are my boobs 3rd day post op.
Prior to the surgery, my doc advised that my ribcage is higher on the left side, as such we went with 300cc on the left side and 325cc on the right side - to ensure it evens out equally. I was afraid it'll be bigger on one side - so let's ust hope all turns out well. Both are mentor high profile implants and i did the dual plane method, via inframammary incision.

I'm in pain. chest feels so sore and tight. hate feeling this way....but the saying goes, no pain, no gain right? thank you to you all that have been so supportive and encouraging. am i even suppose to massage it?
hope i dont have boob greed and hope the size isn't too big for me once it drops and fluffs.

xoxo.

Boobies Blues

Having boobies blues. Regretting that i have these implants in me. not feeling happy about it....anyone felt this way? :(

5th Day Post Op

Hi Ladies

I went for my 1st post op review today and doc changed the bandage for me. Overall it's looking good and boobs are symmetrical. Pain is getting less but I often feel a tingle and pull at the incision area. Boobs are still riding high. cant wait for them to drop and fluff! they look huge on my chest now. im wearing loose clothing to cover them up. Still bruising at the sides and feeling tight. Difficult part is having to sleep straight most of the time. Hoping for a speedy recovery soon!!

(Pretty sure you'll be reminding me about all this stuff soon)- one thing I remember reading is that 3-4 days post op it's normal to feel down - apparently it's coming off the anaesthetic, and all the meds your body is usually not used to. I'm so sorry things have been rough with your recovery, but I have also read it gets better from this point out. Xoxoxox
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Pretty sure you're bot supposed to be advertising your products on here. Preying on potential customers in this way is insensitive. I'm reporting you.
Hey boobie buddy :) I'm sorry you are regretting it right now... I am about 8 days in now and just so ready for the pain to go away. I am happy that I got them, but they are still extremely sore and hard and taking the medications prescribed are making me so nauseous and giving me migraines... I hope this is over soon!! I am supposed to start massaging them today but I'm scared because they're still very tender. I think we are going to feel this way until at least day 10 as I can tell from other posts. Hang in there girl! And in my opinion, the size you picked looks extremely natural and they do look quite symmetrical. Let's just wait for these babies to drop and soften up and I'm sure we'll be happy we did it!
hey babe. i'm feeling overwhelmed. no idea is it because of the post surgery blues or the cc size. i feel like they are two huge rocks placed unto my chest. this feeling is terrible! :(
I'm going back and forth myself, but I think what the other people are saying is true. I was in a ton of pain until about day 4, then I just started feeling sick from the meds. I have also been having mood swings- loopy for a while from meds, then depressed at night when they're wearing off. I think our bodies are just going through a lot that were not used to... Mine definitely feel like rocks too but just remember when you can start massaging them they will loosen up and hopefully you'll start to feel like they are just another part of your body! Keeping you in my thoughts!!
It'll get better when the pain is gone. As soon as its completely gone all the bad thoughts will dissapear.
i sure hope so! thx babe!
I'm so sorry you're hurting so bad right now :-( I'll pray for you to feel better. In the meantime stay strong, I've read it gets a lot better after the third day. Xx. The things I've read are that ice packs help, maybe try frozen peas if you have no ice packs - but just check with your surgeon to see if it's ok first. I've also read LOTS of water helps. Btw - they look really good already!
thank you for the words of encouragement. i'm really suffering in pain!
Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time with the pain. Getting any better? Hang in there. You look great for day 3!
thank you for the support! means so much!
Sorry to hear that! The pain is temporary and you'll get through it!! You're strong!
No! No regrets hun ;) Just remember -no pain no gain! And you are gaining that's fo sure! Kick back with some pillows behind you and watch a movie, try take your mind off the pain. And just picture yourself with your new big boobies! xS
Hope everything went well, and you are recovering easily. Xoxo
im in crazy pain. help
How did it go?? I bet they are going to look great! I'm 5 days post op now and so happy with my results!
in crazy pain!!! wish i didnt do this.... omg
Good luck! Looking forward to seeing you on the other side :D
Hello! I got my BA yesterday! I know your family doesn't know, but I just wanted to make sure you have at least one person that will be helping you after surgery. My sister has been staying with me and I honestly don't know how I would do this alone. I hope you are feeling better!
hi!! hope the surgery went well! wishing you a speedy recovery. not sure if you read my post but my surgery got postpone becaus ei was having a terrible cold and cough. It's scheduled for this weekend. I'm still undecided on the size! between 300, 325 and 350cc! did you get 370cc? what profile? high or moderate? is it silicone? how are you liking it thus far? plsssss advice!?
I ended up going with 371cc and they look exactly how I wanted then too! I think once they drop no one will even know they're implants. They are definitely on the modest side , so for those around my size (5'7'', 130 lbs) who want a more full look I would suggest getting more into the high 300 to low 400 range. For you though since you seem to want similar natural looking results I think 350 would be great! I still have markings all over my breasts since I can't shower until tomorrow, but I'll post pics on my page so you can have an idea of what they look like.
So sorry! Load up on vitamin C and drink tons of water. Hope you're better soon. Good idea to wait, I couldn't imagine having a cold on top of a new BA. The coughing and nose blowing would have done me in! Good luck!
Ya! although i was disappointed, I'm glad i didnt go ahead with it. As i plan to have insertions via the dual plane method, i can imagine the post op pain if i were still to be coughing! ouch!
Ugh, that stinks! I'm sorry to hear that. On the bright side, at least you're rescheduled only a week out. I hope the time goes quickly for you. I guess in the meantime drink lots of OJ and rest!