Disappointed with Ultherapy - Kitchener, ON

Had under the chin and neck for laxity (no fat)...

had under the chin and neck for laxity (no fat) and pronounced platysmal bands aka turkey neck..no real change and actually looks a little more lax than before..should I try a second treatment as i have heard that may be where the improvement actually happens for some. It s kindof scary to think this procedure can actually do more damage than good!!

Skeptical about trying a second treatment..wish there was a better alternative...surgery not an option

The outcome got a thumbs down!!!

the outcome got a thumbs down!!!

Just go into your profile, you'll see your reviews where you can update. Good luck!
Hi, INYCMe.. I have had a few peels ViPeel cost $ 500 per peel here in Ontario need about 4 a year depending on damage maybe 6-8 over a year..but at least i know i am not going to look worse than better and be told no possible . I have had several screwups..first was juvederm ultra to fill acne scarring on my cheeks and had a reaction which of course was brushed off and myacne scars look worse and still have some redness so that is why I was looking into Fraxel and now NO FRIGGIN WAY!! If Juvederm and Ulthera can make you worse then imagine a laser WOW.. Don't get the 77% as worth it.for Ulthera..just lucky, haven't experienced any long term side effects of the so called safe procedure or just full of it I guess and maybe they are not actual patients but people posing as patients..lol ;)
hahaha..just going with the peels, good skin care routine including, tazorac and C & E and dermarolling also a good moisturizer with sunscreen and of course the peels and hope one day for something tried tested and true with PROOF of no long term side effects becasue doctors don't really know that until down the road when they pull certain things off the market (hush hush) or they stop being used like Threads and Thermage
I had my whole face and neck done unfortunately. I should have been smarter and just have done one part. I would have paid less and seen that it doesn't do a darn thing--then I wouldn't have wasted time, effort and so much money doing the rest of my face. But I guess we live and learn. I will never make the same mistake again. I have never done botox, but I suppose when the neck area gets a little more noticeable, that is what I will try. Thank you for the tip.
You are welcome NYCMe .i am so sorry to hear that you wasted so much $$ for nothing :( try it if you like, the nefertiti neck lift or just google it and also look for it on here ..better than nothing :) Good luck to you also and stay away from the lasers no matter how much of a pull they give you and attractive they may look ! STAY SAFE..and I will keep posting/updating on anything else I do. Please keep in touch also about your adventures in the Wonderful World of cosmetic surgery..lol! :) P.S. there is a site called "heal me" or something like that and it has a forum,blogs, msg board etc..check it out if you can find it!! The more educated you are on different procedures based on consumers reviews the better..ttyl!
Oki doki will do. See ya around NYCMe !! :)
DONE like dinner Thumbs down to Ulthera!! :P
NYCMe..Oh one more comment on Ultherapy..1400 for face and 750 for neck plus they encourage botox (nefertiti ) in the neck 50-70 units so add another $500 -$700 plus taxes and looking at a whopping $3200..still less than you pd for yours. Do you mind if i ask you what areas you had done as that is pricey??? You are better off just getting botox in your neck lot cheaper if you needed that ..I have done it 2x and it gives a slight lift at the jawline and relaxes the platysmal muscles ( if done right ..like anything else) :)
That's funny, I was just going to say..the only thing I paid for that had results I was super happy with is Vitalize and Rejuvenize peels (and compare $100-$200 dollars to the $4200 I wasted on Ultherapy--Yikes : (
Megan .sorryno improvement :( @NYCMe..How do I put a thumbs down for this procedure? Thanks :) P.S. Was looking into a Fraxel package of 3 treatments for $2800 starting the end of October, but after doing research and reading other patient testimonials on here and three or 4 other websites (consumer forums) I have to say NO WAY..too many horror stories about after effects short/long term people looking worse and I am not willing to take the risk of ruining my face ..so I will stick with my peels from the past and hope for something to come out that is FDA approved but totally safe with enough studies and research to say and proove no danger of damage or long term damage..might be waiting a long while!!!
Also--if you put a thumbs down to show your disappointment it may help others not make the same mistake.
I would say don't waste $$$ on another treatment. You'll only be out more $$$. I paid a lot more than you and had zero results. i wouldn't waste another dime on it.
Hi Megan,
I just had my neck done and botox ..but seems to be more lax now or just no real change?? Sorry had it done in March in Kitchener ON Canada and 3 month follow-up ..ughhhh :(
$750 + botox 30 units to boot..lol!

Well please keep us posted on if you see any change this go around. I'll be interested to hear if a second treatment does the trick.

Wow, it seems your price is quite a bit lower than a lot of people report. How long has it been since you had the procedure done? From what I understand it takes 3-6 months to see the full results, so perhaps there is still a chance for good results?