Mommy Makeover Bikini Wishing! - Kirkland, WA

I have just started my research. Thank you for the...

I have just started my research. Thank you for the real selfies out there! It gives me hope that this will be worth it. I have lost over 100 lbs since I had my son 7 years ago. I was a whale when I was pregnant. I am now ready to get my TT and Breast lift with Aug. I have been to 4 different Dr's so far. Why do they all have different recommendations and prices ?? Has anyone else experienced this? I have had quotes from 14k-20500!! It seems crazy to me that two of the quotes have been over 16k. I even had one Dr. tell me that not seeing any scars in a bikini is not realistic and I need a serious reality check. I have seen great results on this site. Boo DR Boo! I work hard and feel like it's my time to feel good about my body. I am currently 5'7 1/2" at 145 lbs. I work out a ton and play soccer. I have 2 more Docs to see before I pick! Any advice?

Definitely trust your gut. I had 2 consults and I ended up going with the 2nd PS who is costing a little bit more but I felt like he really understood what I wanted and took a lot of time explaining everything to me. You need to trust you PS so go with one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. And congrats on the weight loss and good luck!
Keep looking til you find a doc that understands you and your goals. You'll find one. Then go for it, you deserve it! Keep us posted
You can definitely wear a bikini afterwards if you choose to. I wouldn't trust that surgeon because it sounds like he does high scars. Congrats on the weight loss! I'm in Connecticut which can be expensive and it was just under 14k for my tummy tuck and breast lift. Go with who you feel most comfortable with and who's reviews and before and after pics are the best. Good luck and keep us posted!

Picking THE ONE!

I finished my 6 consults. Phew. It's exhausting hearing all of the information, opinions, and standing naked in front of strangers. Some of the places seemed like they had a lot of "fluff" and less substance. I understand having pretty young girls helping out in the office and assisting with the consultations, however don't have one give me medical advice. I was able to narrow down my search to the 2 Docs I felt most comfortable with and they both gave me the most information. Now I'm having a hard time deciding between the 2. Ugh! I want to make the right choice. It's just a huge decision!! Here are some before photos!

Awesome job on your weight loss! You can indeed have AMAZING results! You did the hard part by losing the weight, and deserve to be happy and confident in your own skin! I also lost 100 lbs, and recently had a LBL as well as a breast and arm lift. These procedures are so life changing, I am very excited for you!
Thank you! You too. There is nothing that has felt better than being healthy! I'm going to go check out your story!
Good luck on your journey, my surgery is the day after yours. So I will be stalking your page! Haha

One month to go until Surgery!! EEEK!

I have my pre-op on March 18th and I am so nervous. I'm also considering a little lipo on my thighs. But I don't want to go tooo crazy. I need to get my list of things to get. So far I have : Stool softeners, Milk of magnesia, Protein shakes, Electric recliner, Scar cream, scar tape?, Vitamin e, Arnica, extra soft bras, tummy wrap, prescriptions. What else do I need??

I am also very excited to have my sad boobs back where they should be! I'm also excited for smaller nipples lol! Mine just seem so big. I have this pooch of extra skin that regardless of how the scar turns out, will be gone. I can't wait for that. This has been a long journey for me. I am so thankful for my supportive boyfriend who is taking 2 weeks off of work to take care of me. He is incredible and is also excited for my surgery. He can't wait to see me in a bikini :)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

1 Week until Pre-op!!

I am getting more and more nervous. I have to buy the little things still but I have the electric lazy boy and a walker lined up! Does anyone know if the silicone strips work or should I stick with the brown paper tape?

A big thank you to my boyfriend. He is taking 2 weeks off of work to take care of me. He is so amazing and supportive. My family...not so much. They don't understand why I would have surgery when I am "skinny". I may be down in my weight but I'm still a ways from my end goal. I want to have toned legs, my tucked tummy , and boobs that don't hang super low!

I am finally posting more pics! Hopefully it will work this time!!

I'm excited for you! Can't wait to see your results! I also interviewed several doctors in the Seattle area and got quotes from 14,000 - 25,000. You and I are the same weight and hight. I'm getting TT and BA revision. I loved Dr. Remington's confidence but I ended up going with Dr. Partington. My date is May 12. Can't wait to see your results!
I know! The quotes were bizarre to me! I never met with that Dr. I'm excited for you! It was a hard decision to pick the right ps. Ultimately I really felt like we clicked and my girlfriend used him so I know his work is good. I have my pre-op tomorrow!
I think you're going to have a great result! And you will definitely be sporting a bikini! ;) Good luck!

Soccer may not be wise before surgery!

I am very hard core with my indoor soccer. Tonight I play and get slammed into a wall. Awesome. My arm looks completely deformed. And pre-op tomorrow!! WTH! Hopefully the last two games before surgery will be more low key. I need to remind myself that I need to be healthy and in one piece for my big day!

I am putting a pic of my current bikini body. I really like the bikini. My boobs are big and saggy and extra skin kinda hangs over the top. As for my stomach. Yuck. I can not wait to be flat and pretty much stretch mark free. I'm also going to talk to my Doc about lipo on my legs tomorrow. I am getting some lipo on the flanks as it's pretty standard with the tummy tuck.

Just wanted to tell you not to get discouraged, you are doing this because it's important to you. Regardless of all the "I don't know why you'd do this, you look great, blah, blah,blah. I just had breast lift, no implants, tummy tuck and Lipo of flanks on march 10. It's been a rough week but I believe it will be worth it!! My only advise would be that you need to be patient with yourself during recovery. I own my business and have just discovered that I was working the day after surgery even though I was on pain meds!!! Someone should have hid my phone! Good luck!
Ouch on the arm!
I know! All the players thought I broke it. But I kept playing. It was numb. But now it hurts! I iced it last night and the swelling is down.

To Lipo the legs or not to Lipo!

I can do my thighs at the same time. It's an extra $2200. I'm not sure it will be worth it. I can work out more and be careful with my portions. It'such a hard decision. My boyfriend says no but I can't decide! I have to let them know tomorrow.

My pre-op went awesome. I'm getting a mid profile gel implant 286cc's. I have a lot of breast tissue already. My goal is to be a full D/DD. We talked a lot on out my concerns and Dr. Remington was amazing at answering all of my questions. He seems as excited as I am for my bikini body! He gave me all of my scripts and my blood work is done. Yay! 2 more weeks!!

Omg aren't you so ready for you mommy makeover?! Can't wait to see your results!
Yes I am very excited! I have been indulging a bit in the food department since I know I will have to be very careful after surgery. I am hoping this will all be worth it!
I really am ready! I'm also really anxious. I know it will all work out, but I've never been under!

10 days!!! The final countdown ;-)

I called my ps back to let them know I will not be doing lipo on my thighs. I have extra skin and stretch marks there so I feel like they would be extra saggy. I am going to work them out super hard after my surgery. I think that if I build up enough muscle, they will look better.

I love my money. I applied for the Care Credit card because they have 0% interest. I love using other peoples money for free. This makes me happy. I do this all of the time. So I will get airline miles for part of my payment and 0% on the other portion. My Dr. doesn't charge any fees for these types of payments. Some do!

I picked up some large pj's at Costco ($10). They are huge and comfortable. They recommended I wear a loose button up shirt and pajama bottoms. My Dr. also includes the CG and the Bra for my recovery. I love that I am not being nickel and dimed. He also said I could wear my sports bras that I have at home.

I am trying to prepare my grocery list for my low sodium diet. Currently I do no sugar/carbs and high fat/protein. This will be interesting. I feel like I won't be able to eat anything! I wonder how long I should stay away from alcohol? I am anticipating a few months on that! Ugh!! The last few days I have been eating sugar! This is not the norm for me. I am really feeling like I need to indulge since I know I will need to be very careful after surgery. I did enjoy my son's Birthday cake and the cupcakes my boyfriends Mom brought last night. And it was worth it. I don't care if I get up to 150 in the next 10 days lol!

I had a full TT with muscle repair going all the way up to my sternum & hernia repair so it was the most extensive TT (as opposed to a mini TT). I only needed 1 week of someone taking care of me & my kids. At 8 days PO (which was yesterday), I've been feeling great and was home with all 3 of my kids alone for the 1st time, I made dinner and swept. So you may not need any help the 2nd week but go by how you feel. Also, it helps to have prune juice, glycerin suppositories, & Tylenol Extra Strength on hand. I had a big water bottle next to me at all time (drinking constantly since it helps with healing & swelling). Other than that, they will provide everything else you need the first week. I also researched silicone strips and the dr's say to not use them until 3-4 weeks PO because scar management shouldn't start until your incision lines have healed.
I'm glad you are healing so well!! I am having a full TT w/mr also. I'm worried since I am a slow healer. Thanks for the tips. I still need to get some Tylenol. I totally forgot about it! OMG 2 days away!!
You will have great results! Do lots of research and look through TONS of before and after photos. And I know what you mean about different doctors with different suggestions. The first surgeon I saw told me he couldn't help me whatsoever. He said I didn't have enough excess skin for a tummy tuck. Uhhhh hello?? I've seen women smaller than I am with great tummy tuck results! Keep searching, don't accept the first thing you're told. Bring in photos of what you'd like to achieve and be specific. My doctor was able to explain to me what he could do and be very detailed with what my results would be! Good luck...you will look fantastic! ;)

Prepared...and almost ready. Less than 2 days!

I have my supplies. I feel more prepared for this than when I had my son. I feel less ready however. This whole "going under" thing is freaking me out. I know I have an amazing PS and he uses a Doctor/Anesthesiologist from Evergreen hospital. This does make me feel better. A lot of Drs use contracted nurses.

I am posting a pic of most of the supplies I got specifically for my recovery. I may not need them all but hopefully they will help. Some will help me recover and some will keep me comfy. I am going to try and rest as much as possible during recovery. I work nights so I usually only sleep 4-6 hrs a day. Yuck right? I might as well take advantage of this down time!

I cleaned the house today and got the downstairs ready for me to live in. I hope I can sleep with my man sooner than later. I don't really want to be away from him, even if he's a floor away!

I am trying to get the courage up to show my bare tatas. Maybe tomorrow ;-)
0700 Monday morning! Deep deep breaths! I can and want to do this!

It's your big day! Been thinking of you. :)
Thinking of you!! Can't wait to see your awesome results! :)
Praying ur surgery is going good. Were all waiting to hear from you. May god bless you with as little pain as possible , beautiful results, and a quick recovery;)

1 day post-op

When I got out of surgery I was ok. I dont remember the car ride home. My man got me into the house. I slept preset much the whole day. Last night I was able to go to the bathroom.

** I sat backwards and held on to the lid.
This works extremely well.

I only have one drain and we have drained twice so far.

My boobs hurt and if I move my tummy burns. It is less pain than I was expecting. I haven't taken my garments off yet. But I am excited to see the results. My boobs look like they are high and not too big! I have taken 2 muscle relaxers, 1 Tylenol, and one demeral.

My man is incredible. I would never have done this on my own.

I can't wait to see my flatside!

How are you feeling today?
Feeling better! I get to shower today! Yay! It will be amazing :-)
Progress! Nice! Just make sure you have someone near by in case you get dizzy.

Swellacious!

Yesterday I was so swollen. It may have been because I over did it. I was able to take a shower and remove all off the guaze!

My breasts look awesome! Just what I wanted. My tt incision also looks amazing. All of my undies and any bikini will be covered by it. No wonky lines either.

I finally do the big ol' bm last night. That was a relied also. It was stressing me out.

Today my swelling is so bad around my tummy and back. It feels like I'm going to pop! Not sure what I can do about it. I have been icing. I did email my dr. About some major swelling down in the hoohoo labia dept. He said it was normal.

Post-op is at 11:45 today. Im exciting to see what my Ps gas to say about everything.

Congratulations! Are you eating anything with salt in it?
Very minimal. I am on a low sodium diet. I dont have much of an appetite either. I am drinking a ton of water. Thank u!
Looking great! Can't wait to hear what your dr. has to say!

Wooosaw!

I am so emotional and it's really annoying.

We went to my post-op yesterday and I felt great! Doc says everything looks really good. We are all very pleased with the results. He took the plug from my bb and it's cute! He also took out my drain. That was awesome since I expected to have it longer. Thank u Dr. REMINGTON!

On our way home we decided to stop at target for some Aleve. He said it was ok to take and may help with the swelling. While we were walking I got super nauseous. Ugh. I was feeling so good and I went downhill fast. So we went home.

I took another shower last night and it was awesome. Im trying to do more on my own. My swelling is so bad still. My back is swollen, legs, tummy. So I have been icing as well. Still no relief to my huge body feeling. My man says it will take time.

I am trying to be patient. I feel flat but not small by any means.

Brianne00, Congratulations on making it to the other side!!! I know it’s easier said than done, but go easy on yourself emotionally, physically and spiritually. This is not your finished product, everything changes so much over the 1st several months that every day seemed like a new adventure. You look great! Wait and see, I think you’ll like it even more as time goes on…so happy for you!! Congrat’s on your new bod!
Girl I think u look damn good. Ur tummy does look different and ur boobs look natural. Remember as a woman we will pick apart our bodies and see things that no one else ever will even realize. Reading all these ladies journeys, after a tt no one is just walking around and up and about. You look good and you'll be ok, trust!! If you feel like you need to get up, and can, maybe walk to the kitchen for a drink of water, or something simple just to burn that lil built up energy. You know what ur body can handle remember just don't push the limit;)
It takes a bit of time hun, you're so soon after. It's gonna be great looking. Rest, hydrate and eat clean...you're body will heal well and surprise you. HUGS :-DSuzy

Post-op apt. Success!

I went to a post op today and had all of the strips replaced. Underneath I thought the incisions would be bigger due to the dried blood. Dr. Remington is incredible. Not only do my smallest pair of underwear cover the scar but it looks practically healed.

He did need to open up my right breast and squeeze out some fluid. Yikes! He also attempted to get some fluid from my tummy but barely any came out.

Swell hell is becoming easier to deal with. Positive thinking!! I am wearing my CG'S 24/7. I only take them off for showers. I am embracing my new breasts and tummy. This is day 8! I can't believe the progress my body is making. I have been following the Dr.s orders and I am so thankful that I had this done.

How are you?! Are you back to soccer and all activities? Hope you are doing well.
You look amazing darlin! and no T scar too! Congratulations x
Wow incredible results at only the 8 day mark, can't wait to see some updated photos....I leave in the morning to have my LBL and thigh lift on Tues!!!
Dr. Remington

He was very nice and spent a lot of time with me and my boyfriend explaining the process and answering my questions. It was my first consult and I knew he was the one. I went to 5 other consults just to make sure I was educated by others and to see if they were comparable with procedures and price.