Drainless Tummy Tuck W/lipo of Flanks & Mid Back - Kirkland,WA

I have struggled with my weight my whole life. No...

I have struggled with my weight my whole life. No matter how much i worked out i could not get rid of the rolls of extra skin and fat. I turned 40 this year and decided it was time to do this for me.
Dr Pratt and his team were amazing- my recovery time was soo fast because of using the drainless procedure. Best decesion I've made and i look forward to the improvements i see everyday!

One Week Post-Op

I am feeling a little stronger every day but still taking it slow. I notice small changes but it is hard to see much with the swell factor. My Mom who helps to bath me said that she can really start to see the difference which is encouraging. Especially since she doesn't see me or my tummy everyday. I will try to post some pictures. I am not pleased with my belly button but I know it may be too soon to make any judgements. That is where my mom thinks it is starting to look better.
Overall my experience has been pretty darn great considering I have had such a major surgery only a week and a day ago. I am really using restraint and self control to not overdo it and even leave the house or walk around much. I just want to heal as well as possible and be able to enjoy Christmas with my family in a couple of days. :)

First outing today!!

My step daughter and i went to Macys but were in and out in 15 minutes. Then went to Trader Joes. I walked slow and took my time. It was kind of nice to not be in a hurry and watch the frenzy all around me. I did have to stop myself from walking fast in the rainy parking lot out of habit. Overall i feel good and came home and put my feet up on the couch.

Dr. Pratt super helpful

My husband was very concerned i was going to run out of my pain medications before the weekend. So he called Dr Pratt after hours and Dr Pratt called in a special prescription for me. I really appreciate him doing that more for my husband's peace of mind than anything. ;) thank you Dr Pratt very much!

Post Op Appointment #2

Sorry I have not been very good about keeping my story up to date. Luckily I have not had any bad issues to report. I had my 2nd pre-op today which went well. I wasn't scheduled until 01.13.14, one month out. But I had overdone it a bit on Christmas Day and called the next day to get in earlier. I was worried I had pulled something from reaching to high to reach my shower head.
Of course I was actually stronger feeling by the day I came in. That really is the true part. You amazingly get incrementally better every day I showed up with a list of specific topics to cover in my I-Phone (anal I know).
Sorry more later......

First Day back at Work!!

Went back to work today and it went really well. Good or bad I was so insanely busy running between buildings and going to meetings I didn't have time to feel very uncomfortable. The worst part of the day was a particular long meeting sitting about an 1.5 hours straight. Afterwards having to get up and try and walk to the restroom without looking like a hunch back of Notre Dame. I have only told a couple of friends at work about my surgery so trying to have as normal of appearance as possible. :)
Best part is I was able to fit into and wear a pair of skinny jeans and a fitted shirt and I actually felt skinny!! Normally if I wore this I would have also had a large sweater to try to cover all of my belly rolls. I wish I had a clothing pic but I do have naked pics I took this morning.

More photos......

Here are a few more pics. It really is amazing how incrementally every day you can see a little bit more of change. Even my belly button is starting to look more normal and a little less creased.

Over 6 Weeks

I hit 6 weeks last Friday and feel great! I have been back to work over 3 weeks and feel and look normal. Fit back into my jeans and some are getting lose! I have lost about 8 lbs. since the surgery and have been watching what I eat. Not working out or anything. I can do lite walking but thats about it. Been so busy with work have not really thought much about getting back into working out yet.
I don't go back to Dr. Pratt until 02.10.14 which will be over 2 months PO. I am curious what they will think. I feel that I look pretty good but of course still swollen. The swelling also tends to be near the areas where the muscles were tightened. I don't see a huge difference from the morning swell to the after work swell- less difference than a couple of weeks ago. But still have the creased belly button especially above my belly button. I think it is improving a bit and the muscle is supposed to relax as I heal. But am anxious for it do that. :(
Overall am still very happy that I did it! I just continue to look forward to my body shaping further. Would like to start some sort of scar treatment but will wait until app. Need a few small stiches to be removed or snipped before I start but overall the scar looks good to me. I will try to get my husband to take some pics for me in the morning.

10 Weeks Today

Sorry its been so long since an update. I had my 2 month Dr. app almost 2 weeks ago. I had him cut a couple of stitches that were sticking out. He said I could start to use silcone strips on the scar if I wanted. They told me I was released to workout and do any activity! I was so excited I went home that day after work and worked out for the first time. I have been doing my Kettle bell work outs about every other day. Also started adding 10 - 15 minutes of Stair Master. I have a bunch of feet issues (this was pre-surgery) so I shouldn't do heavy duty cardio:(. Now I can't run, walk fast or use the Stair Master much.
Of course they did warn me that when I started to excerise again that I would swell up more. But hopefully I will get back in shape and get done with the swelling by about May. Anyway am still fairly happy with the results overall and trying not to notice any and all imperfections. It does just keep gettting better and better. :)

Photos

photos

Photos again?

Almost 3 Months PO

More Almost 3 Months and showing scars

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

The best doctor very kind and compassionate!