Is my Skin Healing Normal After 30% TCA Peel? - Killeen, TX

I received a 30% TCA peel six days ago by a...

I received a 30% TCA peel six days ago by a licensed dermatologist. I'm just trying to figure out if my skin is suppose to be looking like this? I am on day 6. I'm starting to panic and think my peel went wrong. I have been using sun screen, Aquaphor and bleaching cream. Ive already peeled most of it off. If anyone could please help me out and let me know if this or normal. I don't know if I'm just being paranoid but I feel like my doctor isn't telling me that the peel went wrong. Also does anyone know how long it'll take for the pinkness to go away or fade? And when I can get another chemical peel? Thanks so much.

When I said "I peeled most if it off already" I...

When I said "I peeled most if it off already" I meant most of the skin has already peeled off naturally. I didn't pick at it.

My skin now, 9 months later.

My skin is a lot better. Healed pretty well :) I first used retina micro .04% for a couple months, then stopped and used olay regenerist microdermabrasion once a week, olay regenerist spf 15 moisturizer during the day, and last olay regenerist elexir (sp?) almost every night.

I'm in Cove! Where did you go to get the peel done?
Would you test the lactic acid peel on your skin first 25%
I think, judging by the pictures, that the peel was performed properly and with the proper percentage. I know you said you didn't "pick it," but you said you picked the skin that was already peeling off...that dead skin was probably still attached in some spots and even a slight pulling can open up the raw skin and then bacteria can be introduced. That's what it looks like to me...that you got an infection in those spots. I did the exact same thing with my 25% peel years ago. Glad your face healed up so nicely!
My face has healed well although I still have some slight brown marks near my eye brows and a minor chunk ok skin missing on my left cheak. But it has gotten soo much better, I think what had happened was the dermatologist used a too high percentage TCA peel that wound up burning my skin. But it's all good.
Did it heal up well after all this time?
How long till it healed? I'm really really worried about mine. I got a 30% Glycolic peel and I'm so worried my skins going to stay this way.
I have had just about every peel you can get and i have always been told to lay off the retin A and skin lightening or bleaching creams until fully healed!! While you are healing you can try a cortisone cream and aquafor cream mixed together to help with inflammation and dryness. I am not a doctor but have had great experiences with the doctors and offices here in Destin so maybe his info helps a bit even though my post is 4 months later!!
Where did u go
How did your face turn out. I found that lavender milk face cleaner really helped moisture my face after my peel

should have done a peel the natural way. chemical peel will damage your dermis cell. any chemical on your face will give a reaction.

Dera, what do you mean done a peel the "natural way"?
please explain?
I'm sure she means a citric acid peel made oranges and such or sugar or milk
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

i did 25% TCA home peel i had think skin peeling away in total think i peeled 4 times each time gatting less on forth 5 day all redness gone still itchy but at is good for it sign that skin is healing fast
yes its fine just remember dont pick at it use zinc and catser oil cream /wash in water no soap for your redness use Aveeno cream it has Colloidal Oatmeal you can get from boots to wash in use Vaseline cocoa Radiant with Pure cocoa butter i know it,s an oil but good to wash face in.good to drink lots of water to dont worry you will be fine x

Been giving my own self TCA peels at home, you have to be patient, your skin will calm down...usually takes a couple of weeks.

Your skin looks very irritated. I wouldn't use bleaching cream until the irritation goes away. aquaphor is good. I would use a hydrocortisone ointment for 3-7 days. Don't rub or pick your skin. Lightly pat it dry.
http://www.realself.com/question/chemical-peel-scar Look at this section... Sounds like you have options. But I would say that your raised, red spots are what are of concern and it looks like you should see a dermatologist for it. At minimum, use mederma for scarring...
I have seen my dermatologist twice since the chemical peel. He told me that it was a new acid that the Army gave him (I'm in the Army btw). I guess he didn't bother testing it because he's done numerous tca peels in the past and nothing ever went wrong. When I saw him yesterday, he advised me that the pinkness will go away in the next couple weeks & to continue using bleaching cream, sun screen & Aquaphor. When my skin is fully healed he said to start using retin-a. He said my skin more than likely won't scar but if it does the Army will take care of it & send me off to a different doctor to have the scars removed.
Holy crap! I'm not a doctor but damn.... That's definitely not good. I've been looking into at home TCA peels and if you click on the link, a women showed her during picture after a 25% TCA treatment and it was obviously very red and a grisly sight but it looks like that too many layers of skin were taken off in certain areas for you. http://www.amazon.com/Skin-Obsession-Chemical-Peel-Home/dp/B0019IC2N0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=APNCUDYKUJ3W&coliid=I3RJPF2LSYRYHA Who knows, maybe it will be fine... Did you ask the doctor to look at it? That's one of the perks of not doing it yourself... You have a professional who is responsible for your health and safety... I'm sure he would offer to ate a quick look at it for free.
i
you do get a lot of lays off in one go and more after i used know i did 25% home peel on 6th day and healed good no rednes i didnt worry just got lots of sleep use the cream and oils i talked about ,x