35 y/o Wife, Mother of 2 Girls, in Long Awaited Need of Serious Weight Loss -King, NC

I have been overweight since I was age 8. I have...

I have been overweight since I was age 8. I have tried multiple times to lose weight with out success. I have researched sleeve gastrectomy and feel that this will be the best tool for me to use to help with my weight loss. I am scheduled for my surgery on 1/27/14. My family is supportive. My sisters have both had lap band surgery so they have both been through this before and can tell me a little of what to expect.

Nervous ....19 days until surgery

I am getting nervous. I have to start my pre-op diet in 5 days. I know I can do this. I have been stocking up on some of the things that I need to have for my diet and post-op. I am going to go ahead and post some of my pre-op pictures.

Pre-Op diet starts tomorrow! 15 days until surgery

Well, I have had a good weekend, went out with friends, had a good time, ready to start my pre-op diet and get this show on the road. I am looking forward to having a better looking summer body.

1st day Pre-Op diet

Not too bad, but I do have a headache.

4 days until surgery

Only 4 days until surgery. I have lost almost 7 pounds on my pre-op diet. It's getting closer.

3 days post-op

Surgery went well. Had some post-op nausea and vomiting. It did abate and I was able to leave on time. Still having quiet a bit of gas. Able to sip liquids, but not really wanting anything.

9 days post-op

Doing much better. I am able to tolerate fluids well and I am actually wanting to drink. I am looking forward to getting something a little more than fluids, that will be in a few days.
My staples were removed a couple of days ago and that helped with the discomfort in my abdominal area, not having any pain at all. The only real pain I ever had was from the tugging of the staples or from the gas.
I will be posting pictures again at the 2 weeks post-op mark.

18 days post-op

Well Monday will be 3 weeks post-op. Doing a lot better. I am actually getting hungry now. I am tolerating cream soups with my liquids. Sorry I haven't gotten any pictures up, hopefully I can get some taken today. I returned to work this week. Since I have a sit down job that went ok, but I was still really tired. I think I was suffering from some dehydration. Had some labs done to be sure my electrolytes were ok and everything was good.
I have lost an overall total of 12.5 inches in 3 weeks. I will post my weight with the pictures.

3 week post-op photos

3 weeks post op. Starting weight 242.2; surgery weight 220.4; current weight 207.9
Dr. James Dasher

How are you? Loads smaller I bet :)
You're doing so well, I'm so happy to hear the pain was minimal too.
I'm so glad the surgery went well for you and the pain was minimal! Keep us posted on when you start to eat more solid foods!!
You are doing great and you look great too! I am proud of you for all of your work to get this far.
Good Luck with everything, before you know it you'll be sleeved.
Good luck with your surgery ill be in schedule that week too (hope so!!) this Thursday ill know...and im pretty sure ill have the sleevce too ill be following your progress!
Thanks, where are you located?
San juan, Puerto rico
Just remember if it starts to get tough that we are here for you. It is ok to cry and get frustrated and down right angry at times.....but just keep your focus on your goal!
Good luck with your surgery hope that everything goes well keep us posted!!!
Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

Good luck with your upcoming surgery. I hope it all goes well and you have a smooth recovery. Please do keep us updated with your progress along the way!
It's so great that you have your sisters to support you! What a great way to start the new year! Looking forward to hearing about your surgery and life after!
I am so excited for you! I will be here for you every step of the way. I will hold your hand, be your cheerleader, your shoulder to cry on and anything else you may need me to be!