52 Year Old Personal Trainer Getting Breast Lift, Liposuction & Tummy Tuck Revision

It's only 6 weeks away from my surgery date of...

It's only 6 weeks away from my surgery date of September 26th, 2014....Whew!

I began Olympic Lifting 7 months ago and kept missing my lifts to the front of me....when a video was produced to show me why my bar pathway kept swinging forward, I knew part of reason why was my Size G Breast Cup! I had saline breast implants placed over the muscle 25 years ago and at only a size B. At that time I weighed 106lbs. Today I weigh 115lbs. Thirteen pounds heavier, however I have much more muscle now and overall my BF hasn't changed all that much but my cup size has continued to climb!

Pre-Post Pictures of Breast Lift and Abdominoplasty Revision

Here's just a few of my pre-opp pictures. I'm looking forward in pairing down from a droopy G Cup to a lifted B Cup.
As far as my revision for my abdomen...Dr.Peterson said I'd be needing to do a small vertical scar below my belly button. At first I didn't understand why, but with a bunch of research from this forum...I now know why.
My BF is at 23% here. BF is typically higher for lifting...so we may gain muscle & strength. But even when my BF was at 18% my cup size didn't change.

A little bit of history of my past procedures with diffrent Plastic Surgeons

I had a Rhinoplasty procedure with Dr.Lorne Brown of Langley when I was in my late twenties. Pleased with the outcome, I later went back to him in my early thirties for a mini tummy tuck & lipo suction of my waist, hips & thighs. The lipo was amazing but the tummy tuck turned out disastrous! There were irregularities of the skin and the procedure was VERY painful! I was so embarrassed...I hid my lower abdominals for over twenty years.

As time passed, I went on to have lipo suction of my arms & waist with Dr.Stan M. Valnicek. He was good but I can't say I was over-joyed with the results! More fat was taken off one arm and one side of my waist line!

You won't believe Dr.Peterson's AMAZING Neck Lift!

For those of you who might be interested in Dr.Brian Peterson's work...I've posted a few pictures. You really won't believe the transformation! The afters were done 2 Months Post. The incisions went up and around my ears and right up to my hair line (about 4inches above my ears). So funny...when I went in I said to Dr.Peterson..."i don't want a face lift, just neck lift" He so funny, he said just leave this to me and I'll make you 10-15 years younger" While waiting for my neck lift(2 months) he sent me to the skin care clinic to start a skin care program. I'm working with Denita to this very day...who's AMAZING! We started a full line of products to remove sun spots & perk-up my tired skin.
On day of surgery Dr.Peterson did:

-Fat grafting under my eyes (bonus-by his own discretion)
-lipo suctioned fat under my chin-planned
-lipo suction fat around my mouth (bonus-by his own discretion)
-and of course lifted everything up-planned

I don't have pictures of me today...maybe I'll get Denita to do some....but I look better now than even after my afters! Lol! Since the face lift I've done the following:

-Removed the broken capillaries from around my nose
-Touch up Thermage of my lower face
-changed from tretinoin to tazorac
-IPL on my chest

Hope this helps anyone considering a procedure with Dr.Peterson! And NO REVISIONS! I was back to PT training in 10 days~

14 Days to Go!

So...2 weeks from today my procedure will be underway. Did my pre-opp appointment yesterday & decided to pick up two sports bras for day of surgery. One a 34-C and 34-D. Was informed that the NEW stitching methods at time of surgery...may mean I MAY NOT have to have any drains put in for my full tummy tuck & breast lift, reduction & augmentation.
The MOST FUN thing about yesterday was....
Reviewed my thermage results from March....OMG my arms look amazing!!! THERMAGE ROCKS! Also, my thermage on my stomach looks amazing as well. I wanted the skin tissue to be as healthy as possible for my tummy tuck.
Lastly, I have lots of air mile points now that I paid for my procedure yesterday!!!

Post Opp Diet is now Organized!!

I'll be going into my surgery with a few extra pounds of muscle added on to my small 5'1' frame~
Weigh-in should be around 117lbs. BF% about 21%. Will be eating a high anti-inflammatory diet. Will be pre-making 5 days of meal planning....here's a sample of some of my foods:
*Blueberries
*Chicken Breast
*Fish
*Protein Shakes
*Dark Chocolate
I'll be monitoring my Vitamin A, B's, C, E...minerals to watch for is Potassium, Iron, Magnesium.
I want to promote tons of collagen growth and speedy healing without losing to much muscle. Macro-nutrient ratios will look like:
30% Proteins, 40% Carbs, 30% Fats
Once I'm through the 1st 30 days Post-Opp I'll be doing a 9 Day Cleanse to cleanse out meds, etc
Some advantages of being a PT trainer....is knowledge of foods...

6 Days Pre-Surgery

So....I thought I should post a few of my own (selfies)! The1st picture you can see how low my breasts hang. I have to use a super tight sports bra to hold them up and I'm really getting tired of all the deep strap marks on the top of my shoulders.
Picture #2...all I can say is...."just gross"! When Dr.Lorne Brown of Langley, BC did my mini tuck 25 years ago...he pulled all the muscles in tight below my belly button...but then he left all these weird divots (pockets of fat) sporadically under my belly button. Dr.Peterson said it was a result of poor liposuction. I just don't get how Peterson is going to fix this tummy of mine? The skin below my belly button is very tight and I don't think there's enough skin above my belly button to pull everything down? Dr.Peterson said he'll more than likely need to place a vertical incision below my NEW belly button. Well....ladies...this will be an interesting FULL Tummy tuck revision for sure!

Post Recovery Recepie Idea-Comfort Food packed with pure Nutrition

Hey Ladies~Give these a try:

HIGH PROTEIN PANCAKES
496 calories per serving-58 Grams Protein/23 Grams Carbs/19Grams Fat
1 serving

Quaker -Large Flake Oats, 1/4 cup -whip in bullet to make an oat-flour (do not use flour, otherwise pancakes can be doughy when you cook them....yuck...plus oatmeal is loaded with way more nutrients.

Greek Yogurt Plain 1/2 cup (15g protein) Vanilla Protein Powder,
1 Scoop (27g protein) Eggs - Whole, raw, 3 extra large (15g Protein)

Coconut Oil (considered a super food)

Maple Syrup- 1/2 Cup or more if desired of pure maple syrup (very important to add, as this will carry protein to your muscles...fast moving vehicle...

100 Grams Fresh Fruit of your choice (about 6-7 large Strawberries)

Stir all ingredients together with spoon until mixed(don't worry, u can never over stir this batter, as with regular pancakes, hence the perfect Post Surgery choice recipe). As you cook these, place pancakes on plate and coat each pancake with Coconut Oil...(very yummy) Top with Syrup!

Had Shower and on my WAY! Recieved A morning Prayer...

Peterson has been in Ireland...hope he's rested and hands are steady! here's a Prayer that I recieved this morning:
FATHER I LIFT SHIRLEE UP TO YOU THIS MORNING, I ASK THAT YOU GO BEFORE HER AND GIVE THE DOCTOR WISDOM, DISCERNMENT, KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING. WE KNOW THAT YOU ARE THE SURGEON THAT WILL BE IN THAT ROOM GUIDING HIS HANDS. LORD I PRAY THAT YOU GIVE SHIRLEE PEACE THAT SURPASSES ALL HER UNDERSTANDING. BLESS HER, AND LORD WE ASK FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY...IN JESUS NAME....AMEN!!! THINKING OF YOU AS U PREPARE FOR THIS DAY, MAY THE LORD LAY HIS HEALING HANDS UPON YOU...I WILL BE PRAYING THROUGHOUT THE DAY!!!
LOVE YA!

Day 1~Not Quite 24 Hours since my Mommy Make Over

Sooo...everything went FANTASTIC! Old Saline implants that were placed over the muscles came right out with no problems and NEW Silicon implants were placed under the muscles. Combined with my lift I'm now a 32 C.
When Peterson removed the implants he discovered that I had a slight Pectus Excavatum (PE) also known as sunken chest. He explained that this was part of the reason why my upper abdominals were lax and appeared extended. So he tightened all the upper abdominal muscles, liposuctioned my waist, created a NEW belly button, did an incision where my old scar was and apparently he did a small vertical incision under-neath my belly button. Haven't seen that yet. My 1st shower is this Monday, so I'll post my TT scar for all to see.
I definitely have to take pain-meds every 4-5 hours as my pain-level is at about a level 8 without them & level 2 with them!
Walking hunched over and I have 1 drain put in.
I slept about 7 hours in our spare bedroom at a 30degree angle with 2 pillows under each arm and pillows under my knees. Just got up once at 2am to pee & take pain meds.
I need assistance getting in and out of bed. My husband is my nurse! I thought I wouldn't need any help but I was wrong on that one as I can't use my arms & core. It's legs only guys!
Lucky I have a strong lower back~NO BACK PAIN what so ever! But...it hasn't been 24 hours yet...so we'll see how that goes.
For the BL & Augmentation I have NO PAIN! Based on a pain level of 1-10 that's absolute 0! All my pain is from the TT! How-ever...this is nothing compared to the pain I had with my mini-tuck 25 years ago. Peterson said, more than likely Dr.Brown cut some of my nerves and that was why it was so painful back then!
There's some of you who just got your MM and I'm anxious to hear about your recovery and others who are preparing for theirs!
Thanks for all your support guys and Ill continue to post.
Soooo as far as I can tell~Dr.Peterson did an amazing job! And as the bandages come off we'll see the results.

Day 2~Recovery of Mommy Make Over!

Sooo just got out of bed~tried to go pee so I gave up! Made my Supermix Moringa with 340ml of fresh water~then tried to pee again and this time with success but ohh so slow.
There's a burning sensation on my right side where the drain is and OMG so much swelling. Walking around pretty hunched (of course). Peterson said he pulled my skin super tight~so i think it'll take me longer the stand up-right.
Swelling is minimal with my breasts...(at this point anyways). I keep forgetting that I even had a breast lift & augmentation....lol!
I was taking 1/2 dose of painkillers....but had to double up on those last night. Back to 1/2 Dose this morning.
Having a MM is NO EASY thing. I'm in pretty good shape and I can't image how many of you felt the 1st 3-4 days and If only I could use my arms....

Day 2~OMG I had my Shower and BOY was I FAST!

Hey, everyone....here's what I look like on day 3...and I'm sorry it's blurry, but my husband was so nervous as we had the shower running & ready for me to step in and he was afraid I might get nauseous and fatigued standing there with no binder on.
Everything looks great and it looks like there's no vertical incision? Horizontal incision is nice & low and upper abs are super tight. The lipo to arm-pits & waist look awesome. LOVE the breasts...they are a full C cup and no more drooping boobs! High & round. When, I look at them....they seem sooo small. Lol!
Swelling is horrendous! Drain is still in (thank goodness) and I'm super hunched over. But overall doing good. Still taking Pain Meds and I now have fresh hair, skin...pajamas and cozy socks. Glad, I prepared all our meals & snacks ahead of time~whew!
Next photo's I'll do is next Tuesday...I'll get the nurse to take some photo's for me at my appointment with Dr.Peterson.

Day 4~Another Baby Step forward...7:00am

Went to bed at 9:30pm~woke up an hour later and peed~back to bed...awake at 12 midnight then back asleep and so forth. I sleep well when I sleep...but jeeze it's never 8 hours in a row! Any one else sleeping like this? I often have low pressure sitting around my pubic bone~so it feels like I have to pee every hour or so. However, today is BETTER. Team Nurse said it's because of all the intense swelling. Anyone else?
I have to say...I've been so darn pre-occupied with my tummy tuck...i keep forgetting that I had a major BLA done! This morning is the 1st morning I noticed a little tenderness on my left breast. Mostly a little itchy tender feeling...
Of course, my back is stiff (not sore, but feeling very stiff) from sleeping on my back and still walking around hunched over.
Lastly, I couldn't imagine leaving the house until my appointment next Tuesday! My drain is still in...but I don't mind that it stays in. But once it stops draining (and it looks like it's slowing down) team nurse said it HAS to be removed~that means a trip out of the house~ugh.
My husband left me on my own for a few hours this morning. We both reviewed how to roll over on my shoulder, drop my legs down on the bed stool and sit up without using my arms or tummy. The bed is set up on a HIGH incline so it feels safe and non straining. We decided the recliner is off limits until he gets back as I'm tempted to use my arms and stomach to position my body.
Sooo here I am...all by my lonesome for just a few hours. Just got an i-phone 6 so I think I'll play around with that and set it up. I hear the camera is supposed to be better than the older versions.

Dr.Peterson Chose to Implant Mentor Smooth Round Moderate Plus Profile filled to 225cc for R & L

Like duh...just looked in my take home bag from the Surgery Centre and found my implant Registration Form. Here's all the info. I have:
Mentor Smooth Round Moderate Plus Profile filled to 225cc for R Breast & L Breast
The Gel Implants were based on a few things prior to & during surgery:
My ribcage measurement (of only 32inches)
Shoulder Width
Thickness of Muscle Chest Wall (discovers during surgery)
Height 5' 2'
Weight 115lbs
Sooo that's it! I really LOVE the size. Not to Big and not Small. They fit me beautifully.
Thank You Dr. Peterson!

Day 5~Best Day Yet!

1) Today's the 1st Day that I don't need my Pain Killers...more than likely I'll take 1 before bedtime!
2) Still hunched Over~shuffling feet has changed to a walk...
3) Aches & Pains through abdominal area have decreased by at least 60%
4) Drain site has dropped over 24hr period from 205ml to 120ml (fluid is getting lighter)
5) Yuck...got my period a whole week EARLY! Now I have to deal with that bloody mess and it's a heavy one!
Husband had a dream (nightmare) last night that he got a compete facelift~and the PS botched his ears! He woke up horrified! It was our little morning laugh...LOL!
I haven't attempted to use my arms or core to lift or push. Husband is still lifting me up and out of recliner & bed (I keep my arms crossed over my chest). He's still at home almost 24hrs per day.
Our food preparations are running low! Husband is panicking...he's very handicapped with food preparations. So...this evening I get to coach him through preparing a balanced meal of Prot/Carbs/Fats. Should be fun...

Day 6~Recovery...another shower and we went a little SLOWER this time.

Feeling much better today. Energy is soaring. Took my 2nd Shower today and we went a little slower! Sooo...

1). Definitely I have an inside stitch for my belly button! Sooo happy & love it! I'll clean it out next shower.
2). Swelling is UNBELIEVABLE! No change.
3). My skin is pulled in super tight~like a drum!
4). There's lots of swelling above my belly button & waist with little swelling along the stitch line! (Probably due to the drain).
5). Over 24 hours my drain has collected 95ml (down from yesterdays 24hr of 120ml)
6). Pain is be replaced by deep internal itching! Ugh.
7). Off all pain meds now. Just will use Tylenol Extra Strength when needed at night.
8). Overall Pain has reduced by 95%
9). Still launched over~but little more up-right by maybe another 1/2 inch higher.
10). CONFIRMED. No VERTICAL Scar. I'm sooo happy!!! Guess there was more skin above that old belly button than what we thought!
Overall...I'm over joyed with my results! Absolutely LOVE the breasts and especially my tummy! We noticed that my garment slid down~so I'll adjust every few hours by pulling it up. My appointment is coming up 5 days~so I'll get the office to take some better pictures.
Diet, is going really great. Steak dinner tonight (high in iron/protein), green salad with vegies, avocado & russet potato.

Day 7~Recovery...

1). Swelling is a little bit better today! Today, I decided to put on my flip flops when walking because when I walk in my socks I'm really not using my whole foot the way I should be. I set my timer and walked 10 minutes in the house...and I had to use my toes & lift my feet a bit higher wearing flops therefore increasing circulation in my legs. We'll see if it makes a difference by tomorrow.
2). Drain collected 40ml over 24hr period (over yesterdays 95ml).
3). No Pain 100% Gone, still itchy (not sure if I even need Tylenol at bedtime).
4). Yes...still hunched over...maybe a little more up right.
5). TODAY, I gently blew my nose with no abdominal discomfort.
6). Can use the recliner on my own...hubby went out today and will be gone for the afternoon. I absolutely feel fine with being alone for that long.
7). Increasing my water intake to 10-8oz glasses starting today.

Ha...ha...husband is doing really good with: cooking lessons, washing dishes! Later this afternoon (when he gets home), I'll have him strip down all the bedding and wash it and give the house a vacuum. We live in a really old house (we call it our little getto house)...we brought a huge parcel of lakeview land and are in the midst of building our beautiful new home steps away from our old shack. So cleaning our old house can be a challenge. My husband couldn't understand why I didn't wait until after we moved into our NEW house then have my surgery...uhhh...like NO...more than likely we would've used my surgery $$ on something while building! Ha...ha...this time I really did put myself first and with no regrets!

Day 8~3rd Shower and stayed in a little longer...wasss nice!

1). Swelling was down quite a bit over yesterday! Legs still rub together when I walk. Swelling around my tailbone has decreased.
2). Drain collected 35ml over over 24hr period (over yesterdays 40ml).
3). Still just using Tylenol Extra Strength at bedtime only.
4). Still hunched over....I'd say 85% up-Right today
5). Keeping water intake to 10 Glasses per day....drank 6 so far...4 more to go...

Overall, I'm doing pretty good. Husband cleaned out the dried blood from my belly button. He takes my binder off and puts it back on for me. Out of curiosity I weighed myself and OMG I'm 127lbs! That's 12lbs up...talk about swollen. So I'll document that over the next while for sure!
I'm super worried that my PS pulled me in too tight! I had a birthmark right in the crease under my right breast and when I looked down it was about 3 inches down on my tummy...yikes! My breasts are now turning yellow and I still have bruise marks all over my sides and upper tummy from lipo.
However, my RS family said it's better to be to tight than too loose around the middle! Ok.ok I do agree...but this standing up business is a killer...

Day 9~Recovery Down 2lbs over yesterday!!!

1). Starting Weight 127lbs...today's Weight 125lbs! Wow...I didn't even think to weigh myself after my surgery...it's only when I noticed my legs were rubbing together and my knees & calves were HUGE! My husband said ,you look like you gained 20lbs! So, I jumped on the scale just before hopping in the shower and...OMG I was stunned to see 127lbs. However, my swelling has decreased over the past few days and I feel really good today.
2). Swelling is down again quite a bit over yesterday! Legs DO NOT rub together when I walk...ya!
3). Drain collected 35ml AGAIN over over a 24hr period (over yesterdays 35ml).
4). Still just using Tylenol Extra Strength at bedtime only.
5). Still hunched over....I'd say 90% up-Right upon waking and back to 85% or less by end of day.
6). Drank 8 Glasses water so far today.

Energy, is much better today and lower back pain is slowly decreasing...

Day 10~ of my Recovery & down by ANOTHER 2lbs!

1). TODAY'S Weight 122lbs!
2). Swelling is almost completely gone out legs & ass!
3). Drain collected 25ml over a 24hr period (over yesterdays 35ml...that's a decrease of 10ml)
4). Using Tylenol Extra Strength at bedtime only, tonight i don't think I'll need any...but we'll see!
5). Still hunched over....90% up-Right upon waking and once again back to 85% or less by end of day.
6). STILL Drinking 8 Glasses water per day. Can't seem to drink any less than this. So far, I've drunken 6 glasses and it's only 12:30p.

Today's Overall Post Recovery....so 1st time EVER since surgery, I'm alone for a full day (since 6:00am) without having any home help. Husband put a stool in the kitchen and placed bowls, cups, pots on counter for me.
This morning, I actually whipped up my high protein pancakes layered in coconut oil, and had a cup of coffee. Did some on-line banking and snuggled with my pit-bull. Tonight, I'll be taking my 4th Shower (waiting for husband to get home)...but mostly I'm so relieved that my swelling seems to be rapidly leaving my body. My binder feels looser around my belly and my tailbone area not so ouchy from all the swelling.
Other than that...kicking around in my front room on the recliner waiting for Dr.Phil to start...and reading comments on the RealSelf family of different personal journey's.
Ohhh....and I received a RealSelf Badge today....

Opps...I meant 3lbs Down from yesterday's weight!

Like duh...125 -122 is 3lbs! Was never good at math...

Day 11~And I'm DOWN another 2lbs!!!! NOW 120lbs!!!

1). TODAY'S Weight 120lbs! Ohhh...thank goodness. Only 5lbs of water left to deflate!!!
2). Swelling is now just SITTING in my abdomen!
3). Drain collected YET ANOTHER 25ml over a 24hr period (over yesterdays 25ml).
4). You guessed it right...Still HUNCHED OVER....90% up-right upon waking and once again back to 85% or less by end of day.
5). FIRST DAY out of the HOUSE!!! OMG....I can't wait....cabin fever has set in!! Warm & Sunny today! I was beginning to feel like a WALKER from the Walking Dead!
6). Drinking 8 Glasses water per day....minimum.

Today is my very 1st appointment with Dr.Peterson at 3:45pm. I'd like to say thank you to his team of nurses who called me EVERY SINGLE day (especially Catherine) to get a full report of my progress! Today, they won't be calling me...the team of nurses said...my drain will be removed at today's appointment.. Sooo out of curiosity, I totaled up my drainage amount collected over the 11 days...

I DRAINED a WHOPPING: 940ml since I came home from the Surgery Centre. That's almost 4 Cups of fluid from my stomach over 11 days! I'm just wondering, if that little annoying drain should be left in a little longer...or will my body absorb that little bit of daily fluid? 25 ml seems like ALOT to leave behind everyday...

Lastly, I decided TODAY....that I'm NOT returning to work until October 20th. I work from 7:30am-1:30pm on Monday's. I will try & sit 90% of the time...in total, I'll have 24 healing days under my belt before returning to the loud, noisy, chilly Gym!

Day 12~and I'm DOWN Another 2lbs!! NOW 118lbs!!!

1). TODAY'S Weight 118lbs! Down 9lbs in 5 days.
2). Swelling is just SITTING in my abdomen, but belly appears to be shrinking rapidly!!
3). NO DRAIN~apparently any excess fluid will now be absorbed by my body.
4). All the terrie strips on incisions of BL & TT were removed on Day 1. Incisions are sealed tight!
5). Bruises are fading FAST!
6). Go ahead was given to have BATHS!!!
7). Dr.Peterson said ditch the binder, just wear tight fitting Span (what-ever that is) and wear nothing at bed-time except my under-ware and my sports bra.
8). No improvement here at all...Still HUNCHED OVER....90% up-right upon waking and once again back to 85% or less by end of day.
9). Drinking 8 Glasses water per day....minimum.

WOW...so what a fantastic appointment. The drive was beautiful, it was sunny and warm....when we arrived we were 30minutes early. They took me in immediately...no waiting. So, as the nurse helped me with removing my skin tight binder and removal of sports bra....the 1st thing she said was (as her mouth dropped open)"whoa, where do YOU work-out? Are you a bodybuilder"? Then, she said"how old are you"? Ha...ha...it was a great compliment, especially when I was swollen like Miss Pillsbury for the last 10 days! Anyhow, she proceeded to remove all the little terri strips and then drain (I really didn't feel anything when she took it out). When she left the room, Dr.Peterson was there with-in moments. He said, my incisions are healing incredibly FAST, and said I can start with scar tape therapy next Tuesday. I asked how he managed to get away without a vertical incision for TT and here's what he had to say, "Once I removed the skin below your belly button, your skin felt very elastic and springy, because of this, I was able to pull everything down and then some, there-fore removing the old BB hole completely". I was so happy....I could have KISSED him, RIGHT THERE and THEN! Four months prior to surgery, Denita from the Okanagan Skin Care Clinic did Thermage on my entire belly! We felt my TT results would be better, if the tissue was super healthy and elastic. I feel that decision really paid off! We keep the thermage at level 5 the entire time...hence all the hundreds of tiny burn marks!

Sooo...my next appointment is NOT until November 12th (one months time). As far as pictures...well the battery in my camera died, and when I went to retrieve my husbands phone, he stepped out to grab a coffee...so I'll do my own pictures over the next few days so everyone can see how FAST I'm recovering. To top thing off...we didn't get home until 8p that evening...felt fine, lots of energy, just can't stand up straight....
Sooo...what's next? Now that I can bend over without the aid of leaning on the sink...I'm in full swing back into my skin care regimen (feels good)! As a bonus...I noticed the skin on my chest & neck is firmer & tighter! I think it's from the BLA! I have an appointment with Dentia in 2 weeks time...she'll assess my scars and overall skin condition plus we're working on resolving a bunch of tiny broken capillaries.

Day 13~Down YET another 2lbs! NOW 116ls!!!

1). TODAY'S Weight 116lbs! Down 11lbs in 6 days.
2). Swelling is just SITTING in around my Belly Button, but overall belly is shrinking rapidly!!
3). Bruises continue to fade each passing day!
4). YES improvement here...WOKE UP at....95% up-right! So, I thought I'd better grab some photo's before the hunching begins!!!
5). Drinking 8-10 Glasses water per day....minimum.

Well, today is the 1st day that I actually critiqued myself from top to bottom...

Here's what I don't like:

1). Shape of belly button (looks wrinkled & long)
2). Right Breast is slightly Smaller than Left!

Here's what I like:

1). Breast Size & Shape
2). Sleek & Firm Tummy!
3). Nicer Shape around my Arm-Pits!
4). Evened out my waist from previous LipoS to waist (7 years ago)

Sooo I realize that I'm swollen & RAW from surgery still....but I LOVE. LOVE. my NEW improved shape. My muscles are holding up tone & shape really well! It takes a FULL 6 weeks for atrophy to occur~so I'm good for another month. If anything...as the next few weeks unfold, my body will look super lean & defined. I naturally weigh between 112lbs-115lbs....it's not uncommon for my weight to dip down to 108lbs. However, I do compete in the 43kg Class (106.4lbs).

Yes, I have really clear & tight Skin...still working on the clearness tho. I DO NOT go into the SUN at all with out a Sunscreen!

The Okanagan Skin Care Clinic & the Okanagan Plastic Surgery Centre work together as a team.

Here's my most recent Skin care regimen designed by Danita.

1. Zo Medical Foaming Cleanser (am)

2. Platiné Peptide CR Eye Crème

3. ZO Melamin every other morning/ZO Brightenex every other morning(this makes me peel, ouchy).

4. ZO Power Defense

5. Always Finish with EltaMD SPF 40 Suncreen

At Night:

1. ZO Medical Cleanser (pm)

2. Platiné Peptide CR Eye Crème

3. ZO Melamin every night but 2x's per week I mix tazorac gel into the ZO Melamin. I'm trying to work up to 4x's per week....but that's going to take quite some time. When I use the melamin/tazorac mixture, I skip using Step 4 altogether!

4. Alternate every other night with: (a) Platiné Peptide CR Complex
(b) Ossential Growth Factor Serum

I treat my: hands/face/neck/chest with all the above products. This winter, Denita will be doing Fraxel 1927 to clear up some surface spots on my entire arms/face/neck. I also do yearly maintenance of Thermage & IPL to various body-parts.

Nutrition & training hard are my #1 Priorities. When I lift...it's with tremendous force/almost beyond what I can do. I have an Olympic Lifting coach watch every move I make/then verbally cues my movements. My best Snatch is 32Kg, my Best Clean is 48kg, my best Clean & Jerk is 45kg (that's in the hundreds of lbs). When I move this weight, the speed is tremendously FAST and it feels like I'm lifting a house all within seconds. As we age we loose fast twitch fibers...well my training program is built to recruit them...so sprinting, sled sprints, jumping with a heavy weighted Barbell is all part of it! I'm not very good at my Snatches...I can only stabilize 70.5lbs overhead before standing up out of the hole. If I go heavier I just keep missing the weight....frustrating as hell!

Soooo...I'll re-post NEW pictures in 1 Weeks time. Happy healing to everyone out there!

Day 20-Back to my Normal Weight

1). Weight 114lbs
2). Weird Swelling is just SITTING in around my Belly Button!

Sooo after 20 days of recovery, my weight is back to NORMAL and 1lb less than day of surgery. But, I still feel swollen & puffy!

For those of you who were watching my weight loss...the loss I was monitoring was from fluid build up after surgery. I've always stayed with-in 10-12lbs of 106lbs almost all my life. I had a mini tt after giving birthday to 2 children at a very young age. My lower tummy muscles were extended...however....the mini tuck turned out to be a disaster. It was only now, that I finally fixed it!

With my 1st child (son) my starting weight was only 93lbs....I finished at 106lbs (gained 13lbs). Shortly after I gave birth to my daughter, my starting weight was 89lbs...I finished at 103lbs. Now that I'm older and fitter...I generally weigh between 112lbs-115lbs and I NEVER really weigh myself...only now because of swelling.

Here's a few things I'm concerned about:
(a) My BB is VERY swollen....STILL
(b) A crease below my NEW BB....don't like!
(c) I feel like a mini barrel

I noticed that both my breasts are now the same size....so happy about that! And my incisions of TT & BLA are healing really nice & tight. I just put coconut oil on the incisions today. My torso is basically tight, sore and bruised. When I stand up in the morning...that only lasts until I sit down~then when I stand up from sitting....I'm hunched again! Ahhhh...

Soooo...overall I'm healing nicely, I'll post again in 4 weeks and hopefully my side views will look better and my upper abdominals won't be so sore!

Ohhh...I had an old Bra I saved from years ago 32-C...I loved it so much, I couldn't bare to throw it away. Well, today it FITS!

37 Days POST and recovery is coming along....

Today is Sunday...and I just had a shower so I thought I'd grab some quick pictures while I was in the mood and do a fast update.

1). I've been back at work for 2 weeks....and I feel I should have taken an extra week off (at least 30 days).
2). I'm JUST now able to stand up completely~however my abs are super tight by end of day.
3). I still have swelling just above my BB (however it's just starting to come down).
4). I have twinges periodically in my breasts R&L while reaching
5). I have twinges on my right side beside my BB (a lot)
6). My waist measurements are up but my weight is the same 114lbs (means SWELLING)

I realize swelling is a sign of healing and i think my BB has been very traumatized so I expect this may take some time to heal

So...that's it for now...I'll do a better update on Day 60 along with a promised Video for Miss Sexy4life!

Lastly...I'm a bit annoyed that I only saw my PS on Day 11 and next Appointment will be on Day 54! I'm hoping I don't have Seroma. However, if I do...I'm hoping my body will reabsorb the fluid. I leave on Day 55 for a quick flight to Phoenix, Arizona...back on Day 56. Just taking a small carry on bag.

A Few Photo's to Compare from Day 20 to 37 of BLA

MEN are a just a BIG PAIN in the ASS!

Well, I'm at 6-1/2 weeks post and I've been back to PT training for 3-1/2 weeks now. I've been openly honest about my surgery with all my clients including the guys! And I must admit the women I train have been fantastic! They're always concerned about me. They won't let me lift anything such as bands, balls, weights, benches, cable attachments, etc. They bring me stools to sit on and won't let me sit on the floor in fear I'll have to use my arms & core to stand up. They even bring me HOT tea & Starbucks coffee. I LOVE them all sooo much!

Now...this is a WHOLE different story for the MEN! They whine & complain about the kinks in their shoulders, backs and knees. They sit on the benches and expect their Dumbbells & Barbells handed to them. They want me to jump up & spot them on heavy high bar & low bar squats. They want me to demo tricky Olympic Lifting techniques including high pull cleans and drop snatches...I honestly think men are so out of whack with women...it isn't even funny! One of my Olympic Lifters handed me a 45lb hip/trap bar today and if I didn't grab it quickly it would have slammed on my thighs! Ugh....I could have killed him. Another one of my guy clients couldn't get it through his thick head in how to place his feet into the TRX today...so I had to lay on the dirty lifting platform and demonstrate to the frustrated male baby in how to do it....and of course my heel got stuck and I tweaked my abs...honestly, I'm amazed I haven't killed myself over the last 7 days training these clueless, needy babies.

End result: I'm very sore tonight, a little more swollen than usual but overall I'm still hanging in there. Thank GOD my PS stitched my tummy muscles tight.

Gotta hold it together because it's 12 Days & counting until I post the Squat Challenge Part 2 Video!

Did 1st Work-Out at 8 WEEKS Post!!!

Had my 8 week post opp with Dr.Peterson on November 19th, then flew to Phoenix Arizona on the 20th, back the next day and did my first major workout on November 24th!

First....here's what my PS told me for the TT:

#1. We're both dis-satisfied with my BB as it appears he left fat, so once the swelling is gone or most of it (2 months time) he'll liposuction around my BB.
#2. The muscle repair is leaving my abdominals extremely sore on a daily basis!!! When I'm sitting for any length of time, it takes awhile for me to stand straight again!
#3. It feels like I have a hard lump above my BB! Apparently this is normal???
#4. I feel the healing process has been SLOW!
#5. I no longer wear a CG...only when I feel I want to.
#6. I can begin working out....slowly

Second....here's what my PS told me for the BLA:

#1. Implants are soft, there's no need to massage them, ever.
#2. Scars are healing nicely
#3. I no longer wear a bra, day or night unless I want to.
#4. I can begin working out....slowly

The 24 Hour Phoenix Trip:

I packed only a carry on! The trip was to have a consult with Dr. Shapiro. I've decided to go ahead with a minimal incision arm-lift. This is my only option to fix the bad lipo from Dr. Valnicek. Dr.Shapiro was straight up and honest with me. Too bad Peterson couldn't have done this procedure but he doesn't do short scar arm-lifts. Dang! Guess he can't do everything! You can visit me under Arm-Lifts...if you want to follow this journey. I'm making some RS Sisters over there.

Lastly, the work-out was brutal! My abdominals felt strained and my breasts felt tight and restrictive, limiting my range of motion. Push-ups were shallow and weak! I pushed myself through one hour and wasn't sure how things would turn out. However, today I feel the best I've felt since the operation 8 weeks ago! Tomorrow is leg day!

Overall, I'm really happy with my surgery, but wish I didn't have to go back for a revision of my BB! But at least I don't have to pay to get anything fixed as it seems like all I'm doing is back tracking to fix bad surgeries from the past! I feel that my tt muscle repair was over-tightened...this just wasn't necessary. However, what is done. is done. As time passes, it'll only be a memory...

Next-Up: I'll post a Squat Video this up-coming week-end. Stay tuned Miss Sexy!

Leg Work-Out was a Success at 8 Weeks 5 Days Post!

Soooo my 1st Leg Work-Out was a Success! Here's the run down of my 60 minute training routine:

6 Sets of 10 Reps *ATG High Bar Back Squats@21kg(46.2lbs) my usual weight is 55kg(121lbs)
4 Sets of Walking Lunges (Regular Stance)@8lbs ea. hand (my usual weight is 25lbs ea. hand)
3 Sets 15 Reps Stability Ball Lying Hamstring Pulls
*ATG (Ass to Grass)

I would consider this a rehab or beginner leg work-out.

My lower abdominals feel a little tight around the incision (more on one side) and my upper abs are sore. However, I feel that my upper ab soreness might be a little less sore than usual! Go figure! I noticed that I'm sleeping much sounder and I have way more energy.

Tomorrow is: Back & Biceps and Friday is: Olympic Training (just axillary type exercises, such as clean high pulls or light dead-lifts).

Back/Biceps & Shoulders Completed at 8 Weeks 6 Days Post!

This work-out was yet another challenge and I really had to modify a lot of the exercises in order to complete the routine. And here's why...

The scar tissue around my breasts is very tight! Because of this, I wasn't able to pull my arms overhead very well. I ended up having to do my pullovers on an incline bench to make up for the reduced mobility.
For the One Arm Rows...it was a challenge for my core to hold & stabilize a neutral spine due to the raw feeling of internal muscles not healed 100%. The last 3 exercises were no challenge!

I left out:

Chin-Ups and we both (my partner) decided not to train tomorrow! I felt I now need to REST.

Started today's routine with:

4 Sets of 10 Reps of DB Pullovers on Incline Bench@15lbs (usual weight 38.5lbs)
4 Sets of 10 Reps of DB One Arm Rows on Flat Bench@15lbs (usual weight 40lbs)
3 Sets of 10 Reps of E-Curl Bar Standing Bicep Curls@25lbs (usual weight 45lbs)
3 Sets of 10 Reps of DB Seated Shoulder Presses@15lbs(usual weight 35lbs)
3 Sets of 10 Reps of Standing Frontal Raises@10lbs(usual weight 25lbs)

So...body wise...my chest & triceps are so sore it was hard to wash my hair (Monday's Chest/Triceps) and my legs and ass are so sore it's hard to sit! (Wednesday's Leg's). I would image my Back/Bi's & Shoulders will be stiff this week-end). My tummy muscles are sore and because of that I'm avoiding any work that involves planks.

Whew!!! Time for REST!

9 Week Post Squat Video Tips!

Squat Video Tips!
2:08
Miss Sexy, had a little trouble loading a video on a full squat routine, so I just re-made Squat tips! Enjoy some of these tips RS family and have a happy thanks-giving week-end...

TT Incision Up-Date from Day 13 to Day 65

Hey Guys, here's a close up picture showing how much the swelling has decreased throughout my tummy and around the BB. Dr.Peterson is planning for a BB revision in office, late January. He feels much of the swelling should be by then gone is going to do some detailed liposuction around my BB.

I'm also booked with Denita in January for my first round of Laser V-Beam to my tt scar & bl scars. I'll probably do 3-4 treatments spread over 4 weeks between sessions. I'll take photo's before & after each treatment.

Just for FUN Before After Pictures of BLA

10 Weeks Post Recovery~My thoughts on the use of a CG beyond 8 Weeks!

When I train & work in a Gym daily, I often see men & women who wear weight training belts, knee & elbow wraps religiously...these types of garments definitely help with initial swelling and gives muscles & joints support. However, I encourage my clients to go without as soon as their able for a very good reason...your body will actually build the required muscles quicker & stronger without the aid of constant support.
I have no idea why I was wearing my CG on & off between week 6-9...so I washed my CG on week 9...folded it and put it away! Since I put it away:

1. I've done all my workouts without it
2. Slept without it
3. Haven't cared or even worried about swelling (who cares, I'm not a bikini model)
4. My Swelling actually decreased after day 5!
5. I'm way more aware of using my core muscles.
6. My transverse muscles have to work harder without having the constant support of a CG.

Give it a try going without your CG if your beyond 8 weeks Post TT and I'd love to hear how your feeling. For sure...your tummy muscles have to work harder and you'll find you'll actually be pulling in your tummy when lifting things around the house. You might even feel sore or swell without it~but all that does get better!

Happy Healing!
Kelowna Plastic Surgeon

Over the past 25 years I've had various procedures with a few different Plastic Surgeons. I had a Rhinoplasty procedure with Dr.Lorne Brown of Richmond, BC when I was in my late twenties. Pleased with the outcome, I later went back to him in my early thirties for a mini tummy tuck & lipo suction of my waist, hips & thighs. The lipo was amazing but the tummy tuck turned out disastrous! There were irregularities of the skin and the procedure was VERY painful! I was so embarrassed...I hid my lower abdominals for over twenty years. Not long after that I did a breast augmentation by Dr.Reed. He used saline implants placed over the muscle. I went for a full B cup. As time passed, I went on to have lipo suction of my arms & waist with Dr.Stan M. Valnicek. He was good but I can't say I was over-joyed with the results! Just before turning 50, I knew that it was time to get a neck-lift...I finally booked with Dr.Peterson! All I can say is WOW! The work he did was the absolute BEST! He paid attention to the smallest details~he even did a fat transfer on my tear toughs! Dr.Peterson is courteous, listens well and is very pleasant! No question goes unanswered. Sooo....that was 4 years ago. In 5 weeks time, Dr.Peterson will be removing my aging old saline implants, giving me a lift and returning me back to a smaller cup size! He will liposuction my armpits and where-ever else that is needed. He'll go onto fixing Dr.L Browns messy mini-tummy tuck that I've hid for all these years! I highly recommend Dr.Peterson and I'll be more than happy to keep everyone updated as I move through this upcoming procedure that is scheduled for September 26th, 2014. Dated October 10th, 14 Days Post Surgery: How to describe Dr.Peterson? I'd say...what "Chef Ramsey's" is to cooking...is what "Dr.Peterson" is to Plastic Surgery! Once in the operating room, he's very intuitive and has a great sense of what would work at what wouldn't! I'm VERY pleased to say (and I really don't know how he did it, but he did) corrected a very BAD mini tuck that was performed years ago by another surgeon. Dr.Peterson originally thought I might need a vertical incision for my TT, however with his expertise and skillful hands he was able to do an incredibly tight and smooth full TT! He did an upper muscle repair and created a NEW belly button for me. He skillfully shaped my abdominal area with lipo suction. The full anchor breast lift & augmentation was amazing! He easily removed my BIG droopy Saline implants and replaced them with Smooth Round Moderate Plus Profile Gel Implants under the muscle. The incisions were placed with much precision and careful thought. He went on to lipo axillary arm-pit fat and also corrected one botched arm-pit where a previous P/S had tried to lipo the area, however he failed at it...and left a hole in my armpit! Once again....Dr.Peterson corrected this! Once the surgery was completed, Dr.Peterson visited me and briefly discussed the successful outcome...I was overjoyed! The Aftercare I've received was simply OUTSTANDING! I was called every day for the 1st 10 days to give a full report of my progress. My 1st follow-up & aftercare appointment was 11 Days after surgery. I arrived 30 minutes early and I only had time to use the restroom and I was ushered quickly to proceed to see Dr.Peterson! My teri strips & drain were removed. Dr.Peterson was in the room moments later~reviewed my before photo's and proceeded to explain in detail how he was able to do my surgery. He then went on to check all my incisions, and palpated my surgery sites. I was impressed and he made me feel VERY confident in my progress. The Staff are very amazing and very courteous at all times. I highly recommend Dr.Brian Peterson for any procedure that you maybe considering! He has aced my: Neck Lift Full Tummy Tuck Breast Lift/Augmentation and Lipo Thank You once again Dr.Peterson for changing my body image and confidence!