52 Year Old Personal Trainer Getting Breast Lift, Liposuction & Tummy Tuck Revision

It's only 6 weeks away from my surgery date of...

It's only 6 weeks away from my surgery date of September 26th, 2014....Whew!

I began Olympic Lifting 7 months ago and kept missing my lifts to the front of me....when a video was produced to show me why my bar pathway kept swinging forward, I knew part of reason why was my Size G Breast Cup! I had saline breast implants placed over the muscle 25 years ago and at only a size B. At that time I weighed 106lbs. Today I weigh 115lbs. Thirteen pounds heavier, however I have much more muscle now and overall my BF hasn't changed all that much but my cup size has continued to climb!
First Congratulations on your Olympic Lifting, what a fabulous accomplishment!! I'm so excited for you, way to go... It sounds like you're planning on going down in size for your breast revision, are u planning on going with Silicone or Saline unders or overs? I've been watching Plastic Surgery 90120 on Netflix & they had a few woman who were professional body builders who had their breast implants revised. One woman thought she had about 400cc's or so & when the PS removed her old implants they were about 540cc's if I remember right. She looked absolutely amazing after her surgery! The hardest thino sometimes is for athletes to stay out of the gym & give themselves time to recover! I wish u the best of luck with your procedure & I hope you end up with the perfect size breasts for your body as well as your goals!!
Thanks...Oly. Lifting is a little freaky for sure. Yup...like to pair down to a B cup. However my PS said he'd see how everything looks once he removes my old implants. I'll be using a silicone implant under the muscle plus a lift. I'll post one pre-post front view picture and one of my abdomen. I had a mini-tummy tuck 25 years ago as well. The PS really did a mess! I thought that I might as well get this whole thing done right. Breasts and tummy. Ya...I agree about staying out of the gym! My Olympic Coach thinks I'll be back onto the Oly.Lifting Platform in 2 weeks time...like NOT! I've just joined this form....so I'll update my posts up until the surgery and then do post pictures. Thanks for your support!

Pre-Post Pictures of Breast Lift and Abdominoplasty Revision

Here's just a few of my pre-opp pictures. I'm looking forward in pairing down from a droopy G Cup to a lifted B Cup.
As far as my revision for my abdomen...Dr.Peterson said I'd be needing to do a small vertical scar below my belly button. At first I didn't understand why, but with a bunch of research from this forum...I now know why.
My BF is at 23% here. BF is typically higher for lifting...so we may gain muscle & strength. But even when my BF was at 18% my cup size didn't change.
Hi Freedomh20, I live in Vancouver but hear amazing reviews about Dr Peterson! He is one PS that I'm considering for a Mommy Makeover and would love to follow your progress and hear about your experience. Good luck!
Thanks Nattyneedsanewtummy! I'll keep everyone posted for sure...
Good Luck for your procedure. I had my implants removed and new ones put in then I had my tummy tuck a year after as my ps would not do it at the same time. Last week I had labiaplasty and my aerolas made smaller as they do stretch over time. Today I have my 1 week checkup and so far all going well except for itchiness in labia which is to be expected from the stitches. Looking forward to getting back to my training as I am a fitness instructor and specialise in spinning. Anaesthetics sure kill your fitness level however, you will recover so quickly and that's the benefits of being fit

A little bit of history of my past procedures with diffrent Plastic Surgeons

As time passed, I went on to have lipo suction of my arms & waist with Dr.Stan M. Valnicek. He was good but I can't say I was over-joyed with the results! More fat was taken off one arm and one side of my waist line!

You won't believe Dr.Peterson's AMAZING Neck Lift!

For those of you who might be interested in Dr.Brian Peterson's work...I've posted a few pictures. You really won't believe the transformation! The afters were done 2 Months Post. The incisions went up and around my ears and right up to my hair line (about 4inches above my ears). So funny...when I went in I said to Dr.Peterson..."i don't want a face lift, just neck lift" He so funny, he said just leave this to me and I'll make you 10-15 years younger" While waiting for my neck lift(2 months) he sent me to the skin care clinic to start a skin care program. I'm working with Denita to this very day...who's AMAZING! We started a full line of products to remove sun spots & perk-up my tired skin.
On day of surgery Dr.Peterson did:

-Fat grafting under my eyes (bonus-by his own discretion)
-lipo suctioned fat under my chin-planned
-lipo suction fat around my mouth (bonus-by his own discretion)
-and of course lifted everything up-planned

I don't have pictures of me today...maybe I'll get Denita to do some....but I look better now than even after my afters! Lol! Since the face lift I've done the following:

-Removed the broken capillaries from around my nose
-Touch up Thermage of my lower face
-changed from tretinoin to tazorac
-IPL on my chest

Hope this helps anyone considering a procedure with Dr.Peterson! And NO REVISIONS! I was back to PT training in 10 days~
So happy for you getting your body tune up so to speak. My surgery is on Sept. 18th.
Thanks fullcirclemer...did my pre-opp today. The recovery of the combined procedures sound very challenging. First time...feeling nervous about everything. 15 Days to go and counting. You must be nervous...September 18th! Whew that's in a week! I'll follow your recovery. Please keep us posted.
Feeling nervous prior to surgery is pretty normal. You'll do great post operatively as you're obviously very fit (being a personal trainer) and I've read that fit people recover more quickly than unfit people do. For me the preoperative anxiety was ten times worse than the recovery. In fact I was so friggin anxious that I came close to cancelling my procedures! First time around I waited an entire year from my first consultation until I actually booked the procedure. You're having a lot of work done all in one OR session but I'm sure Dr. Pederson wouldn't proceed with such a big job if he thought you couldn't handle it! Good luck! I'll be following you.

14 Days to Go!

So...2 weeks from today my procedure will be underway. Did my pre-opp appointment yesterday & decided to pick up two sports bras for day of surgery. One a 34-C and 34-D. Was informed that the NEW stitching methods at time of surgery...may mean I MAY NOT have to have any drains put in for my full tummy tuck & breast lift, reduction & augmentation.
The MOST FUN thing about yesterday was....
Reviewed my thermage results from March....OMG my arms look amazing!!! THERMAGE ROCKS! Also, my thermage on my stomach looks amazing as well. I wanted the skin tissue to be as healthy as possible for my tummy tuck.
Lastly, I have lots of air mile points now that I paid for my procedure yesterday!!!
Wowwww amazing story. Some surgens don't care what the outcome is and they just do the work, but im happy to hear there are still good ones out here. Good luck with everything. I can't wait till my time comes. Im so excited to finally do my mommy makeover in November.

Post Opp Diet is now Organized!!

I'll be going into my surgery with a few extra pounds of muscle added on to my small 5'1' frame~
Weigh-in should be around 117lbs. BF% about 21%. Will be eating a high anti-inflammatory diet. Will be pre-making 5 days of meal planning....here's a sample of some of my foods:
*Blueberries
*Chicken Breast
*Fish
*Protein Shakes
*Dark Chocolate
I'll be monitoring my Vitamin A, B's, C, E...minerals to watch for is Potassium, Iron, Magnesium.
I want to promote tons of collagen growth and speedy healing without losing to much muscle. Macro-nutrient ratios will look like:
30% Proteins, 40% Carbs, 30% Fats
Once I'm through the 1st 30 days Post-Opp I'll be doing a 9 Day Cleanse to cleanse out meds, etc
Some advantages of being a PT trainer....is knowledge of foods...
Your day is coming soon, you sound so ready for this. Wishing you good healing vibes and a wonderful recovery.
Your diet sounds great....A lot like mine except I hate kale and I do no eat many carbs. Surgery is so close for you. My date had to be changed to Oct.10th. I got a terrible respiratory infection.
I used to eat low carb...but I found that my insulin levels were a tad too low resulting in low energy. I've since changed my diet so as to match my activity. Work-out days I eat most of my my calories (carbs/protein/fats) pre/intra/post work-out. I then save a little bit of carbs before bedtime. Non-training days (I call CONTROL days) I overall eat lower carbs. However...after my surgery, I'll more than likely bump up my starchy carbs....meaning a little more Yams, Oatmeal with extra coconut oil, a variety of roasted almonds, eggs, avocado's, etc to help promote a speedy recovery. I eat on average of 35grams of fiber per day and just recently I've added a Moringa SuperMix Drink! WOW!! It's amazing...I highly recommend this to anyone post surgery: http://drinklifein.com/sites/default/files/product/profile/english_supermix_productprofile.pdf It Supports normal blood glucose levels • Delivers anti-inflammatory support(YES) • Promotes healthy digestion • Heightens mental clarity • Nourishes body’s immune system • Promotes healthy circulation(YES) • Provides anti-aging benefits • Increases energy Oh...to bad you have a respiratory infection! I hope this clears up for you soon... Yes...my surgery is in 6 days! I'll take some of my own post pictures (1 day before). I have no idea why I'm still nervous about this whole TT thingy...I've been down this road before. I think it's because I had SUCH a HORRIBLE experience with my 1st tummy tuck(which was only a mini)! The pain was beyond anything I've ever experienced. So...6 days and counting!

6 Days Pre-Surgery

So....I thought I should post a few of my own (selfies)! The1st picture you can see how low my breasts hang. I have to use a super tight sports bra to hold them up and I'm really getting tired of all the deep strap marks on the top of my shoulders.
Picture #2...all I can say is...."just gross"! When Dr.Lorne Brown of Langley, BC did my mini tuck 25 years ago...he pulled all the muscles in tight below my belly button...but then he left all these weird divots (pockets of fat) sporadically under my belly button. Dr.Peterson said it was a result of poor liposuction. I just don't get how Peterson is going to fix this tummy of mine? The skin below my belly button is very tight and I don't think there's enough skin above my belly button to pull everything down? Dr.Peterson said he'll more than likely need to place a vertical incision below my NEW belly button. Well....ladies...this will be an interesting FULL Tummy tuck revision for sure!
Best of luck, can't wait to see your results.
Thanks Irishlady2! Just looked your profile....YOU look amazing!!!
Best Wishes on your upcoming surgery :)

Post Recovery Recepie Idea-Comfort Food packed with pure Nutrition

Hey Ladies~Give these a try:

HIGH PROTEIN PANCAKES
496 calories per serving-58 Grams Protein/23 Grams Carbs/19Grams Fat
1 serving

Quaker -Large Flake Oats, 1/4 cup -whip in bullet to make an oat-flour (do not use flour, otherwise pancakes can be doughy when you cook them....yuck...plus oatmeal is loaded with way more nutrients.

Greek Yogurt Plain 1/2 cup (15g protein) Vanilla Protein Powder,
1 Scoop (27g protein) Eggs - Whole, raw, 3 extra large (15g Protein)

Coconut Oil (considered a super food)

Maple Syrup- 1/2 Cup or more if desired of pure maple syrup (very important to add, as this will carry protein to your muscles...fast moving vehicle...

100 Grams Fresh Fruit of your choice (about 6-7 large Strawberries)

Stir all ingredients together with spoon until mixed(don't worry, u can never over stir this batter, as with regular pancakes, hence the perfect Post Surgery choice recipe). As you cook these, place pancakes on plate and coat each pancake with Coconut Oil...(very yummy) Top with Syrup!
Thanks for the recipe I'm definitely gonna give them a try, I tried to get the moringa supermix from my local health store they didn't seem to know anything about it and gave me a multivitamin powder instead, can you only get it online
Ummm....yes, I don't think they sell it at the health food stores. I'm a Personal Trainer and I had one of my clients who was on it. Well her results and recovery was amazing. I started the product just recently myself and OMG....LOVING it. Irishlady I think you can google: Zija moringa supermix and buy through the company Zija? I just buy it from my client. I take a serving of Moringa Supermix every morning with 640ml of fresh filtered water. I wait about 15 minutes or so...then I gotta have my coffee~then within about 45minutes I eat: 30grams of protein (min) 40grams of carb (max) carb count includes my fruit 30grams of fat( often mix a TBS of coconut oil into my oats. I don't really count calories....just my P/C/F's Surgery is tomorrow!!! So nothing to eat or drink after midnight. WHEW!
Thinking of you today, good luck

Had Shower and on my WAY! Recieved A morning Prayer...

Peterson has been in Ireland...hope he's rested and hands are steady! here's a Prayer that I recieved this morning:
FATHER I LIFT SHIRLEE UP TO YOU THIS MORNING, I ASK THAT YOU GO BEFORE HER AND GIVE THE DOCTOR WISDOM, DISCERNMENT, KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING. WE KNOW THAT YOU ARE THE SURGEON THAT WILL BE IN THAT ROOM GUIDING HIS HANDS. LORD I PRAY THAT YOU GIVE SHIRLEE PEACE THAT SURPASSES ALL HER UNDERSTANDING. BLESS HER, AND LORD WE ASK FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY...IN JESUS NAME....AMEN!!! THINKING OF YOU AS U PREPARE FOR THIS DAY, MAY THE LORD LAY HIS HEALING HANDS UPON YOU...I WILL BE PRAYING THROUGHOUT THE DAY!!!
LOVE YA!
Thought of you today!! Hope your operation went well and that you are resting and well on your way to recovery!!
Thx Nattyneedsanewtummy...you're in good hands with Peterson when you begin your journey. I'm so looking forward to your surgery with Peterson!
Best Wishes :)

Day 1~Not Quite 24 Hours since my Mommy Make Over

Sooo...everything went FANTASTIC! Old Saline implants that were placed over the muscles came right out with no problems and NEW Silicon implants were placed under the muscles. Combined with my lift I'm now a 32 C.
When Peterson removed the implants he discovered that I had a slight Pectus Excavatum (PE) also known as sunken chest. He explained that this was part of the reason why my upper abdominals were lax and appeared extended. So he tightened all the upper abdominal muscles, liposuctioned my waist, created a NEW belly button, did an incision where my old scar was and apparently he did a small vertical incision under-neath my belly button. Haven't seen that yet. My 1st shower is this Monday, so I'll post my TT scar for all to see.
I definitely have to take pain-meds every 4-5 hours as my pain-level is at about a level 8 without them & level 2 with them!
Walking hunched over and I have 1 drain put in.
I slept about 7 hours in our spare bedroom at a 30degree angle with 2 pillows under each arm and pillows under my knees. Just got up once at 2am to pee & take pain meds.
I need assistance getting in and out of bed. My husband is my nurse! I thought I wouldn't need any help but I was wrong on that one as I can't use my arms & core. It's legs only guys!
Lucky I have a strong lower back~NO BACK PAIN what so ever! But...it hasn't been 24 hours yet...so we'll see how that goes.
For the BL & Augmentation I have NO PAIN! Based on a pain level of 1-10 that's absolute 0! All my pain is from the TT! How-ever...this is nothing compared to the pain I had with my mini-tuck 25 years ago. Peterson said, more than likely Dr.Brown cut some of my nerves and that was why it was so painful back then!
There's some of you who just got your MM and I'm anxious to hear about your recovery and others who are preparing for theirs!
Thanks for all your support guys and Ill continue to post.
Soooo as far as I can tell~Dr.Peterson did an amazing job! And as the bandages come off we'll see the results.
So glad to hear all went well, take it easy and get plenty of rest, can wait to see the new you
Thanks!
Glad to hear everything went well!!

Day 2~Recovery of Mommy Make Over!

Sooo just got out of bed~tried to go pee so I gave up! Made my Supermix Moringa with 340ml of fresh water~then tried to pee again and this time with success but ohh so slow.
There's a burning sensation on my right side where the drain is and OMG so much swelling. Walking around pretty hunched (of course). Peterson said he pulled my skin super tight~so i think it'll take me longer the stand up-right.
Swelling is minimal with my breasts...(at this point anyways). I keep forgetting that I even had a breast lift & augmentation....lol!
I was taking 1/2 dose of painkillers....but had to double up on those last night. Back to 1/2 Dose this morning.
Having a MM is NO EASY thing. I'm in pretty good shape and I can't image how many of you felt the 1st 3-4 days and If only I could use my arms....
I too have a vertical scar from my revision surgery but it's only about an inch long. I'm guessing that if Peterson had done my surgery he might have pulled me so tight making a vertical scar unnecessary. Still, both my vertical and horizontal scars look great and now at almost five months post op they're almost invisible and eventually that vertical scar should look no worse than a little stretch mark. Super tight sounds great to me. Can't wait to see your next photos!
Awe...how did I miss that on your profile! (I'm going to take another look, right now) Your revision does look really good.
Thank you--Yes, the results of my revision surgery are good and much better than the first surgery. I can still be nit picky but considering my age this is probably as good as it gets!! I've seen much worse here on RS! I'm very grateful that Stan righted his wrongs at no cost to me.

Day 2~OMG I had my Shower and BOY was I FAST!

Hey, everyone....here's what I look like on day 3...and I'm sorry it's blurry, but my husband was so nervous as we had the shower running & ready for me to step in and he was afraid I might get nauseous and fatigued standing there with no binder on.
Everything looks great and it looks like there's no vertical incision? Horizontal incision is nice & low and upper abs are super tight. The lipo to arm-pits & waist look awesome. LOVE the breasts...they are a full C cup and no more drooping boobs! High & round. When, I look at them....they seem sooo small. Lol!
Swelling is horrendous! Drain is still in (thank goodness) and I'm super hunched over. But overall doing good. Still taking Pain Meds and I now have fresh hair, skin...pajamas and cozy socks. Glad, I prepared all our meals & snacks ahead of time~whew!
Next photo's I'll do is next Tuesday...I'll get the nurse to take some photo's for me at my appointment with Dr.Peterson.
Oh my goodness, you look FANTASTIC! WHOOP WHOOP! I cant remember if you said how many CCs your breasts are? They look loooovely! And tummy looks great too. Cant wait to hear more as you heal! Happy healing and enjoying your new hot bod! :D
Miss Natty, sorry i missed seeing your post yesterday, so I'm replying to you now! I don't know the CC's? I didn't ask. I wanted a B Cup and he gave me a C cup instead because of my frame & height. I'm sure glad he did! I see Peterson next Tuesday, so out of curiosity, I'll get the CC's. Ohhh....thx's for your compliments! I'm very pleased as well.
Looks fantastic! Take care of yourself please:))

Day 4~Another Baby Step forward...7:00am

Went to bed at 9:30pm~woke up an hour later and peed~back to bed...awake at 12 midnight then back asleep and so forth. I sleep well when I sleep...but jeeze it's never 8 hours in a row! Any one else sleeping like this? I often have low pressure sitting around my pubic bone~so it feels like I have to pee every hour or so. However, today is BETTER. Team Nurse said it's because of all the intense swelling. Anyone else?
I have to say...I've been so darn pre-occupied with my tummy tuck...i keep forgetting that I had a major BLA done! This morning is the 1st morning I noticed a little tenderness on my left breast. Mostly a little itchy tender feeling...
Of course, my back is stiff (not sore, but feeling very stiff) from sleeping on my back and still walking around hunched over.
Lastly, I couldn't imagine leaving the house until my appointment next Tuesday! My drain is still in...but I don't mind that it stays in. But once it stops draining (and it looks like it's slowing down) team nurse said it HAS to be removed~that means a trip out of the house~ugh.
My husband left me on my own for a few hours this morning. We both reviewed how to roll over on my shoulder, drop my legs down on the bed stool and sit up without using my arms or tummy. The bed is set up on a HIGH incline so it feels safe and non straining. We decided the recliner is off limits until he gets back as I'm tempted to use my arms and stomach to position my body.
Sooo here I am...all by my lonesome for just a few hours. Just got an i-phone 6 so I think I'll play around with that and set it up. I hear the camera is supposed to be better than the older versions.
Your first photo looks absolutely fabulous!!! It must be wonderful to be able to finally see all the results of your hard work and exercise! Your breasts are a perfect size and shape, too!!
Thanks!
Very nice, you look good so far!! Hoping you have an easy and fast recup!!

Dr.Peterson Chose to Implant Mentor Smooth Round Moderate Plus Profile filled to 225cc for R & L

Like duh...just looked in my take home bag from the Surgery Centre and found my implant Registration Form. Here's all the info. I have:
Mentor Smooth Round Moderate Plus Profile filled to 225cc for R Breast & L Breast
The Gel Implants were based on a few things prior to & during surgery:
My ribcage measurement (of only 32inches)
Shoulder Width
Thickness of Muscle Chest Wall (discovers during surgery)
Height 5' 2'
Weight 115lbs
Sooo that's it! I really LOVE the size. Not to Big and not Small. They fit me beautifully.
Thank You Dr. Peterson!
Thanks for all the info!! Sounds like you are doing super well!!
Yes, a little better each day for sure.
You are going to have one hot body!!!!

Day 5~Best Day Yet!

1) Today's the 1st Day that I don't need my Pain Killers...more than likely I'll take 1 before bedtime!
2) Still hunched Over~shuffling feet has changed to a walk...
3) Aches & Pains through abdominal area have decreased by at least 60%
4) Drain site has dropped over 24hr period from 205ml to 120ml (fluid is getting lighter)
5) Yuck...got my period a whole week EARLY! Now I have to deal with that bloody mess and it's a heavy one!
Husband had a dream (nightmare) last night that he got a compete facelift~and the PS botched his ears! He woke up horrified! It was our little morning laugh...LOL!
I haven't attempted to use my arms or core to lift or push. Husband is still lifting me up and out of recliner & bed (I keep my arms crossed over my chest). He's still at home almost 24hrs per day.
Our food preparations are running low! Husband is panicking...he's very handicapped with food preparations. So...this evening I get to coach him through preparing a balanced meal of Prot/Carbs/Fats. Should be fun...
Teach hubby to cook and it's wonderful! My hubby is a foodie and does all our grocery shopping and most of the cooking. I love it! Our deal is whoever cooks does not do dishes. I do a lot of dishes. In fact, sometimes he'll come home and pretend I gave him a heart attack because I cooked. lol Men make great cooks!
Ohh your so lucky Miss Sunshine! However, with me cooking, over-time my husband has come off of LIPITOR due to high cholesterol. He also had watery bowel moments and since the colon is a smooth muscle it can get out of shape based on diet. I slowly moved up his fiber 1 gram at a time until we hit 35grams per day coming from a broad variety of different types of fiber (fruits, vegies, grains) and so now that his colon is strong & functioning well we now recently have to lower the purines in his diet due to high uric acid blood levels creating severe gout (beer went out the door) all with-in our daily caloric intake. We were supposed to have a cooking lesson tonight...however, he had to step out to do a few errands before dinner and my smart ass husband showed up with take-out! Ugh. But, I thanked him. I can tell you it was low in fiber, high carbs & ok in protein and very low in vitamins & minerals. I think, I gave him a heart attack that I actually ate it...oh well...back on track tomorrow.
Sometimes we just do things because we do. yep, back on track. You look great!

Day 6~Recovery...another shower and we went a little SLOWER this time.

Feeling much better today. Energy is soaring. Took my 2nd Shower today and we went a little slower! Sooo...

1). Definitely I have an inside stitch for my belly button! Sooo happy & love it! I'll clean it out next shower.
2). Swelling is UNBELIEVABLE! No change.
3). My skin is pulled in super tight~like a drum!
4). There's lots of swelling above my belly button & waist with little swelling along the stitch line! (Probably due to the drain).
5). Over 24 hours my drain has collected 95ml (down from yesterdays 24hr of 120ml)
6). Pain is be replaced by deep internal itching! Ugh.
7). Off all pain meds now. Just will use Tylenol Extra Strength when needed at night.
8). Overall Pain has reduced by 95%
9). Still launched over~but little more up-right by maybe another 1/2 inch higher.
10). CONFIRMED. No VERTICAL Scar. I'm sooo happy!!! Guess there was more skin above that old belly button than what we thought!
Overall...I'm over joyed with my results! Absolutely LOVE the breasts and especially my tummy! We noticed that my garment slid down~so I'll adjust every few hours by pulling it up. My appointment is coming up 5 days~so I'll get the office to take some better pictures.
Diet, is going really great. Steak dinner tonight (high in iron/protein), green salad with vegies, avocado & russet potato.
Awesome news about the vertical incision - or rather lack thereof!!! That's fantastic. And your incision looks beautiful! Low and not too long!! Dr Peterson did a great job. Fabulous BB too!! Looking great my friend!!
Awe...thanks! Feeling good today and you just made me FEEL Awesome!
So glad to hear pain level is down. Yes, you are in the dreaded swell hell zone.....this too shall pass! Tight is good...very good! xoxoxo

Day 7~Recovery...

1). Swelling is a little bit better today! Today, I decided to put on my flip flops when walking because when I walk in my socks I'm really not using my whole foot the way I should be. I set my timer and walked 10 minutes in the house...and I had to use my toes & lift my feet a bit higher wearing flops therefore increasing circulation in my legs. We'll see if it makes a difference by tomorrow.
2). Drain collected 40ml over 24hr period (over yesterdays 95ml).
3). No Pain 100% Gone, still itchy (not sure if I even need Tylenol at bedtime).
4). Yes...still hunched over...maybe a little more up right.
5). TODAY, I gently blew my nose with no abdominal discomfort.
6). Can use the recliner on my own...hubby went out today and will be gone for the afternoon. I absolutely feel fine with being alone for that long.
7). Increasing my water intake to 10-8oz glasses starting today.

Ha...ha...husband is doing really good with: cooking lessons, washing dishes! Later this afternoon (when he gets home), I'll have him strip down all the bedding and wash it and give the house a vacuum. We live in a really old house (we call it our little getto house)...we brought a huge parcel of lakeview land and are in the midst of building our beautiful new home steps away from our old shack. So cleaning our old house can be a challenge. My husband couldn't understand why I didn't wait until after we moved into our NEW house then have my surgery...uhhh...like NO...more than likely we would've used my surgery $$ on something while building! Ha...ha...this time I really did put myself first and with no regrets!
Oh darn, I was ready to hear something sexy when I started reading "when he get home I'll have him strip down....then you went on with the practical boring stuff...wish it was "something sexy". Oh well maybe next time! Great to hear hubby is learning to cook...I have a cooking school and could teach hip a few things. Wish we lived closer because I would love to give him free cooking lessons Putting yourself first with no regrets...YAY, GOOD FOR YOU!!!
Ha...ha...ha...you're too funny! Cool that u have a cooking school!!!
You sound super! And no pain, WOW! you look amazing and happy for you to be on the flat side!

Day 8~3rd Shower and stayed in a little longer...wasss nice!

1). Swelling was down quite a bit over yesterday! Legs still rub together when I walk. Swelling around my tailbone has decreased.
2). Drain collected 35ml over over 24hr period (over yesterdays 40ml).
3). Still just using Tylenol Extra Strength at bedtime only.
4). Still hunched over....I'd say 85% up-Right today
5). Keeping water intake to 10 Glasses per day....drank 6 so far...4 more to go...

Overall, I'm doing pretty good. Husband cleaned out the dried blood from my belly button. He takes my binder off and puts it back on for me. Out of curiosity I weighed myself and OMG I'm 127lbs! That's 12lbs up...talk about swollen. So I'll document that over the next while for sure!
I'm super worried that my PS pulled me in too tight! I had a birthmark right in the crease under my right breast and when I looked down it was about 3 inches down on my tummy...yikes! My breasts are now turning yellow and I still have bruise marks all over my sides and upper tummy from lipo.
However, my RS family said it's better to be to tight than too loose around the middle! Ok.ok I do agree...but this standing up business is a killer...
you're doing great! Keep resting and healing...this stage will soon be over and you'll be looking fabulous and feeling fabulous!
You're RIGHT! Thanks!

Day 9~Recovery Down 2lbs over yesterday!!!

1). Starting Weight 127lbs...today's Weight 125lbs! Wow...I didn't even think to weigh myself after my surgery...it's only when I noticed my legs were rubbing together and my knees & calves were HUGE! My husband said ,you look like you gained 20lbs! So, I jumped on the scale just before hopping in the shower and...OMG I was stunned to see 127lbs. However, my swelling has decreased over the past few days and I feel really good today.
2). Swelling is down again quite a bit over yesterday! Legs DO NOT rub together when I walk...ya!
3). Drain collected 35ml AGAIN over over a 24hr period (over yesterdays 35ml).
4). Still just using Tylenol Extra Strength at bedtime only.
5). Still hunched over....I'd say 90% up-Right upon waking and back to 85% or less by end of day.
6). Drank 8 Glasses water so far today.

Energy, is much better today and lower back pain is slowly decreasing...
Good job! Thanks for the update keep us posted.
Thanks Miss Cruzen, I mentally felt much better today...but sure felt like a 1/2 baby step forward today.
Baby steps are great! It is a slow process

Day 10~ of my Recovery & down by ANOTHER 2lbs!

1). TODAY'S Weight 122lbs!
2). Swelling is almost completely gone out legs & ass!
3). Drain collected 25ml over a 24hr period (over yesterdays 35ml...that's a decrease of 10ml)
4). Using Tylenol Extra Strength at bedtime only, tonight i don't think I'll need any...but we'll see!
5). Still hunched over....90% up-Right upon waking and once again back to 85% or less by end of day.
6). STILL Drinking 8 Glasses water per day. Can't seem to drink any less than this. So far, I've drunken 6 glasses and it's only 12:30p.

Today's Overall Post Recovery....so 1st time EVER since surgery, I'm alone for a full day (since 6:00am) without having any home help. Husband put a stool in the kitchen and placed bowls, cups, pots on counter for me.
This morning, I actually whipped up my high protein pancakes layered in coconut oil, and had a cup of coffee. Did some on-line banking and snuggled with my pit-bull. Tonight, I'll be taking my 4th Shower (waiting for husband to get home)...but mostly I'm so relieved that my swelling seems to be rapidly leaving my body. My binder feels looser around my belly and my tailbone area not so ouchy from all the swelling.
Other than that...kicking around in my front room on the recliner waiting for Dr.Phil to start...and reading comments on the RealSelf family of different personal journey's.
Ohhh....and I received a RealSelf Badge today....

Opps...I meant 3lbs Down from yesterday's weight!

Like duh...125 -122 is 3lbs! Was never good at math...
It's been so great reading your updates, especially because you don't spare any details! It's so helpful to see the progress of other women going through this so those of us that are next in line have an idea of what to expect! Thank you for sharing! I'm glad you are back on your feet and that the swelling is going down! Can't wait for more photos!
Hey Miss Gingerdoll, good the hear from you! Are you ready for your BIG Day? Isn't it this upcoming October 14th? That's in only 7 days!!! You must be getting excited?
I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! I'm just glad it's a busy week so the time will go by faster!!

Day 11~And I'm DOWN another 2lbs!!!! NOW 120lbs!!!

1). TODAY'S Weight 120lbs! Ohhh...thank goodness. Only 5lbs of water left to deflate!!!
2). Swelling is now just SITTING in my abdomen!
3). Drain collected YET ANOTHER 25ml over a 24hr period (over yesterdays 25ml).
4). You guessed it right...Still HUNCHED OVER....90% up-right upon waking and once again back to 85% or less by end of day.
5). FIRST DAY out of the HOUSE!!! OMG....I can't wait....cabin fever has set in!! Warm & Sunny today! I was beginning to feel like a WALKER from the Walking Dead!
6). Drinking 8 Glasses water per day....minimum.

Today is my very 1st appointment with Dr.Peterson at 3:45pm. I'd like to say thank you to his team of nurses who called me EVERY SINGLE day (especially Catherine) to get a full report of my progress! Today, they won't be calling me...the team of nurses said...my drain will be removed at today's appointment.. Sooo out of curiosity, I totaled up my drainage amount collected over the 11 days...

I DRAINED a WHOPPING: 940ml since I came home from the Surgery Centre. That's almost 4 Cups of fluid from my stomach over 11 days! I'm just wondering, if that little annoying drain should be left in a little longer...or will my body absorb that little bit of daily fluid? 25 ml seems like ALOT to leave behind everyday...

Lastly, I decided TODAY....that I'm NOT returning to work until October 20th. I work from 7:30am-1:30pm on Monday's. I will try & sit 90% of the time...in total, I'll have 24 healing days under my belt before returning to the loud, noisy, chilly Gym!
Fantastic update! Swelling will sit in your abdomen for a while...probably a few months. That's why they say you won't see your final results for a while. To me I'm happy even at this stage! It's a million times better than having that damn pooch! Good luck at your appointment!
Thanks Miss mommypet!
Wow, you really have had a LOT of fluid! Much more than I ever did! After my last TT my drain was out on day four. (Day 9 after my first tuck). Obviously some women swell more than others. Can't wait to read your next update and hear about what Dr. Peterson has to say to you later today.

Day 12~and I'm DOWN Another 2lbs!! NOW 118lbs!!!

1). TODAY'S Weight 118lbs! Down 9lbs in 5 days.
2). Swelling is just SITTING in my abdomen, but belly appears to be shrinking rapidly!!
3). NO DRAIN~apparently any excess fluid will now be absorbed by my body.
4). All the terrie strips on incisions of BL & TT were removed on Day 1. Incisions are sealed tight!
5). Bruises are fading FAST!
6). Go ahead was given to have BATHS!!!
7). Dr.Peterson said ditch the binder, just wear tight fitting Span (what-ever that is) and wear nothing at bed-time except my under-ware and my sports bra.
8). No improvement here at all...Still HUNCHED OVER....90% up-right upon waking and once again back to 85% or less by end of day.
9). Drinking 8 Glasses water per day....minimum.

WOW...so what a fantastic appointment. The drive was beautiful, it was sunny and warm....when we arrived we were 30minutes early. They took me in immediately...no waiting. So, as the nurse helped me with removing my skin tight binder and removal of sports bra....the 1st thing she said was (as her mouth dropped open)"whoa, where do YOU work-out? Are you a bodybuilder"? Then, she said"how old are you"? Ha...ha...it was a great compliment, especially when I was swollen like Miss Pillsbury for the last 10 days! Anyhow, she proceeded to remove all the little terri strips and then drain (I really didn't feel anything when she took it out). When she left the room, Dr.Peterson was there with-in moments. He said, my incisions are healing incredibly FAST, and said I can start with scar tape therapy next Tuesday. I asked how he managed to get away without a vertical incision for TT and here's what he had to say, "Once I removed the skin below your belly button, your skin felt very elastic and springy, because of this, I was able to pull everything down and then some, there-fore removing the old BB hole completely". I was so happy....I could have KISSED him, RIGHT THERE and THEN! Four months prior to surgery, Denita from the Okanagan Skin Care Clinic did Thermage on my entire belly! We felt my TT results would be better, if the tissue was super healthy and elastic. I feel that decision really paid off! We keep the thermage at level 5 the entire time...hence all the hundreds of tiny burn marks!

Sooo...my next appointment is NOT until November 12th (one months time). As far as pictures...well the battery in my camera died, and when I went to retrieve my husbands phone, he stepped out to grab a coffee...so I'll do my own pictures over the next few days so everyone can see how FAST I'm recovering. To top thing off...we didn't get home until 8p that evening...felt fine, lots of energy, just can't stand up straight....
Sooo...what's next? Now that I can bend over without the aid of leaning on the sink...I'm in full swing back into my skin care regimen (feels good)! As a bonus...I noticed the skin on my chest & neck is firmer & tighter! I think it's from the BLA! I have an appointment with Dentia in 2 weeks time...she'll assess my scars and overall skin condition plus we're working on resolving a bunch of tiny broken capillaries.
Sounds like you are doing AMAZINGLY well! That is fantastic. Dr Peterson sounds like he knows his stuff! YAY! Now I need to look into Thermage and what exactly are you doing for your skin care regime?? Sounds like I need to start following your all-over-body-regime! I'd love to people to say that I look fantastic at your age! I sure am not feeling fantastic at mine!
You're looking great and are healing fast just as I did. ...I see that you are into physical fitness. ..I'm not a trainer but I'm physically fit because I work out on a regular basis. ...the more physically fit you are the faster you bounce back.....I only had a panniculectomy and I'm very pleased with my results. I did or took nothing special for recovery it all happened naturally.
Hey, Miss Nattyneedsanewtummy, I just did a post covering some of my skin care...and thanks for the compliment! I FEEL amazing today.

Day 13~Down YET another 2lbs! NOW 116ls!!!

1). TODAY'S Weight 116lbs! Down 11lbs in 6 days.
2). Swelling is just SITTING in around my Belly Button, but overall belly is shrinking rapidly!!
3). Bruises continue to fade each passing day!
4). YES improvement here...WOKE UP at....95% up-right! So, I thought I'd better grab some photo's before the hunching begins!!!
5). Drinking 8-10 Glasses water per day....minimum.

Well, today is the 1st day that I actually critiqued myself from top to bottom...

Here's what I don't like:

1). Shape of belly button (looks wrinkled & long)
2). Right Breast is slightly Smaller than Left!

Here's what I like:

1). Breast Size & Shape
2). Sleek & Firm Tummy!
3). Nicer Shape around my Arm-Pits!
4). Evened out my waist from previous LipoS to waist (7 years ago)

Sooo I realize that I'm swollen & RAW from surgery still....but I LOVE. LOVE. my NEW improved shape. My muscles are holding up tone & shape really well! It takes a FULL 6 weeks for atrophy to occur~so I'm good for another month. If anything...as the next few weeks unfold, my body will look super lean & defined. I naturally weigh between 112lbs-115lbs....it's not uncommon for my weight to dip down to 108lbs. However, I do compete in the 43kg Class (106.4lbs).

Yes, I have really clear & tight Skin...still working on the clearness tho. I DO NOT go into the SUN at all with out a Sunscreen!

The Okanagan Skin Care Clinic & the Okanagan Plastic Surgery Centre work together as a team.

Here's my most recent Skin care regimen designed by Danita.

1. Zo Medical Foaming Cleanser (am)

2. Platiné Peptide CR Eye Crème

3. ZO Melamin every other morning/ZO Brightenex every other morning(this makes me peel, ouchy).

4. ZO Power Defense

5. Always Finish with EltaMD SPF 40 Suncreen

At Night:

1. ZO Medical Cleanser (pm)

2. Platiné Peptide CR Eye Crème

3. ZO Melamin every night but 2x's per week I mix tazorac gel into the ZO Melamin. I'm trying to work up to 4x's per week....but that's going to take quite some time. When I use the melamin/tazorac mixture, I skip using Step 4 altogether!

4. Alternate every other night with: (a) Platiné Peptide CR Complex
(b) Ossential Growth Factor Serum

I treat my: hands/face/neck/chest with all the above products. This winter, Denita will be doing Fraxel 1927 to clear up some surface spots on my entire arms/face/neck. I also do yearly maintenance of Thermage & IPL to various body-parts.

Nutrition & training hard are my #1 Priorities. When I lift...it's with tremendous force/almost beyond what I can do. I have an Olympic Lifting coach watch every move I make/then verbally cues my movements. My best Snatch is 32Kg, my Best Clean is 48kg, my best Clean & Jerk is 45kg (that's in the hundreds of lbs). When I move this weight, the speed is tremendously FAST and it feels like I'm lifting a house all within seconds. As we age we loose fast twitch fibers...well my training program is built to recruit them...so sprinting, sled sprints, jumping with a heavy weighted Barbell is all part of it! I'm not very good at my Snatches...I can only stabilize 70.5lbs overhead before standing up out of the hole. If I go heavier I just keep missing the weight....frustrating as hell!

Soooo...I'll re-post NEW pictures in 1 Weeks time. Happy healing to everyone out there!
You are due for another photoshoot soon!! I want to see more of your progress!! I can't believe how amazing you look so soon after!! How's your diet going? Are you extra hungry, less hungry or pretty much the same ?
I agree....need some more photo's. Eating about the same, however, I feel less hungry than I normally would be.
Hi Freedom, how are you doing?? Cant wait to see more photos of you! Can you also take a close up of your BB? I wanted to see if Dr Peterson stiches around the BB or kind of does all the "recreating" from the inside. I'm not too thrilled with some of the BBs on Rs, so definitely want to make sure Dr P knows what I DONT want! ;) Thanks and happy healing!

Day 20-Back to my Normal Weight

1). Weight 114lbs
2). Weird Swelling is just SITTING in around my Belly Button!

Sooo after 20 days of recovery, my weight is back to NORMAL and 1lb less than day of surgery. But, I still feel swollen & puffy!

For those of you who were watching my weight loss...the loss I was monitoring was from fluid build up after surgery. I've always stayed with-in 10-12lbs of 106lbs almost all my life. I had a mini tt after giving birthday to 2 children at a very young age. My lower tummy muscles were extended...however....the mini tuck turned out to be a disaster. It was only now, that I finally fixed it!

With my 1st child (son) my starting weight was only 93lbs....I finished at 106lbs (gained 13lbs). Shortly after I gave birth to my daughter, my starting weight was 89lbs...I finished at 103lbs. Now that I'm older and fitter...I generally weigh between 112lbs-115lbs and I NEVER really weigh myself...only now because of swelling.

Here's a few things I'm concerned about:
(a) My BB is VERY swollen....STILL
(b) A crease below my NEW BB....don't like!
(c) I feel like a mini barrel

I noticed that both my breasts are now the same size....so happy about that! And my incisions of TT & BLA are healing really nice & tight. I just put coconut oil on the incisions today. My torso is basically tight, sore and bruised. When I stand up in the morning...that only lasts until I sit down~then when I stand up from sitting....I'm hunched again! Ahhhh...

Soooo...overall I'm healing nicely, I'll post again in 4 weeks and hopefully my side views will look better and my upper abdominals won't be so sore!

Ohhh...I had an old Bra I saved from years ago 32-C...I loved it so much, I couldn't bare to throw it away. Well, today it FITS!
That bra is SEXY!!! You look amazing for 4wk post op. I would say Remeber that it takes between 6 months to a yr to see your full results.....I can only imagine how SMOKING HOT u are going to look in 6 month the 9 months the 12 months!! WOW....I absolutely like the way everything is labeled & your pictures are lovely. Xoxoxox I wish u all my best & a continued fabulous recovery
Awe...thanks Miss excitedflower!
Beautiful, and I don't see the barrel. Looks great to me! Love the bra and panties.
Kelowna Plastic Surgeon

Over the past 25 years I've had various procedures with a few different Plastic Surgeons. I had a Rhinoplasty procedure with Dr.Lorne Brown of Langley when I was in my late twenties. Pleased with the outcome, I later went back to him in my early thirties for a mini tummy tuck & lipo suction of my waist, hips & thighs. The lipo was amazing but the tummy tuck turned out disastrous! There were irregularities of the skin and the procedure was VERY painful! I was so embarrassed...I hid my lower abdominals for over twenty years. Not long after that I did a breast augmentation by Dr.Reed. He used saline implants placed over the muscle. I went for a full B cup. As time passed, I went on to have lipo suction of my arms & waist with Dr.Stan M. Valnicek. He was good but I can't say I was over-joyed with the results! Just before turning 50, I knew that it was time to get a neck-lift...I finally booked with Dr.Peterson! All I can say is WOW! The work he did was the absolute BEST! He paid attention to the smallest details~he even did a fat transfer on my tear toughs! Dr.Peterson is courteous, listens well and is very pleasant! No question goes unanswered. Sooo....that was 4 years ago. In 5 weeks time, Dr.Peterson will be removing my aging old saline implants, giving me a lift and returning me back to a smaller cup size! He will liposuction my armpits and where-ever else that is needed. He'll go onto fixing Dr.L Browns messy mini-tummy tuck that I've hid for all these years! I highly recommend Dr.Peterson and I'll be more than happy to keep everyone updated as I move through this upcoming procedure that is scheduled for September 26th, 2014. Dated October 10th, 14 Days Post Surgery: How to describe Dr.Peterson? I'd say...what "Chef Ramsey's" is to cooking...is what "Dr.Peterson" is to Plastic Surgery! Once in the operating room, he's very intuitive and has a great sense of what would work at what wouldn't! I'm VERY pleased to say (and I really don't know how he did it, but he did) corrected a very BAD mini tuck that was performed years ago by another surgeon. Dr.Peterson originally thought I might need a vertical incision for my TT, however with his expertise and skillful hands he was able to do an incredibly tight and smooth full TT! He did an upper muscle repair and created a NEW belly button for me. He skillfully shaped my abdominal area with lipo suction. The full anchor breast lift & augmentation was amazing! He easily removed my BIG droopy Saline implants and replaced them with Smooth Round Moderate Plus Profile Gel Implants under the muscle. The incisions were placed with much precision and careful thought. He went on to lipo axillary arm-pit fat and also corrected one botched arm-pit where a previous P/S had tried to lipo the area, however he failed at it...and left a hole in my armpit! Once again....Dr.Peterson corrected this! Once the surgery was completed, Dr.Peterson visited me and briefly discussed the successful outcome...I was overjoyed! The Aftercare I've received was simply OUTSTANDING! I was called every day for the 1st 10 days to give a full report of my progress. My 1st follow-up & aftercare appointment was 11 Days after surgery. I arrived 30 minutes early and I only had time to use the restroom and I was ushered quickly to proceed to see Dr.Peterson! My teri strips & drain were removed. Dr.Peterson was in the room moments later~reviewed my before photo's and proceeded to explain in detail how he was able to do my surgery. He then went on to check all my incisions, and palpated my surgery sites. I was impressed and he made me feel VERY confident in my progress. The Staff are very amazing and very courteous at all times. I highly recommend Dr.Brian Peterson for any procedure that you maybe considering! He has aced my: Neck Lift Full Tummy Tuck Breast Lift/Augmentation and Lipo Thank You once again Dr.Peterson for changing my body image and confidence!