Free After 17 Yrs! - Kelowna, BC

I had saline implants for 17 years. They were...

I had saline implants for 17 years. They were under the muscle and had been really bothering me for many years. No pain, just an annoyance.

My pecs squeezed them in the gym and they seemed not me anymore. I thought I would have to have them forever. Then I found this site in August. You brave ladies, along with your photos inspired me to have an explant.

I had them drained 3 weeks before the surgery. They looked frightening and cadaver-like after that (from the vacuum pressure of the syringe) but they relaxed after a day.

I had the implants out under local and it only took a half hour! I hardly had any pain at all.

I don't think I look too bad considering I've nursed 3 babies with these. The Dr. told me that they will improve in about 6 months.

I am ecstatic with my choice. Thank you all!

Free After 17 Yrs!

It's wonderful to be on the other side. No more gaping button holes and my T-shirts aren't bursting. I can still fit into all my shirts and no one has really noticed anything specific. Friends who know about my explant have said that I look thinner and
younger! I just turned 44, so I appreciate that.

I wish I had thought more clearly years ago and it would have saved a lot of money. My husband (who has never known me without implants) has been very supportive. I even told my 14yr old daughter. I figured she would notice. She has a gorgeous, small bust and might have wondered when she'd get bigger. I wanted her to know that she's perfect, so I told her what I was planning (and about my implants). Bless her, she said "why did you ever do that?" I told her that I had been silly and to not do what I did.

I was 26, living in Hawaii during the Baywatch era. Say no more. I never thought they acted like real breasts. They always seemed too firm.

My little 6yr old would even push on them, he probably thought I had balls in my shirt.

I felt like I had udders. Now I feel great.

I'll add more pics later, my other ones look really yellow. The concavity will hopefully improve soon.

Free After 17 Years!

Hello ladies,
Here are some updated 8 days post explant (21 days post deflation) pics. I put in post deflation dates too as my skin has had a few days to de-wrinkle. It is still a bit wrinkly, esp when I lift my arms - but who cares? It's still early. I'm more worried about my belly - I love my cardio classes, and I need them too.

The scars feel ok too. My doctor never bound me after he took out the implants. I still wore a zip up Champion sports bra for 5 days. Then he told me that I can wear whatever is comfortable.

I had bought all these 34A bras after the deflation as my molded 34C cups looked ridiculous. Now they seem a bit better. Maybe I should give those 34A bras to my daughter as my breasts are too wide for them. Funny thing is that my 34C bras' bands fit better now, no gapes. I just need to fill in the cups. At least I don't have "quad boob" like before.

I'm throwing in one funny before pic I found - they look like little beach balls.

Free After 17 Years!

I meant "udders" in my beach ball photo - and here I'm usually the spelling queen. My apologies. :)

Free After 17 Yrs!

I am now at week 2. I have photos - not too much change. I had to hide in the bathroom from my husband and older kids as I kept getting interupted. Give me a break please!!

Misunderstanding

Sorry about all the "Free After 17 yrs!" I misunderstood and thought I needed to put my review title there. Whoops, won't happen again. Must be due to mother derangement syndrome.

1 Month post explant

Hi wonderful ladies, here are my updated photos. I have definitely seen improvement. Now I can't wait to get back to the gym. I have clearance since last Thursday but have been so busy with school stuff and Christmas preparations. It helps to take your mind off your breasts for a while.

photos didn't update

I think I'm technically challenged - my pics never update with the whole photo, only 1 breast. My other photos didn't update so let's see how this goes. Take 2!

problem solved

I realized that on my laptop the pics load properly - this was an issue with the smartphone.
Kelowna Plastic Surgeon

A real sweetheart, very professional