Goodbye Saggy Baggy A's! - Kansas City, KS

Several years ago I discussed with my husband the...

Several years ago I discussed with my husband the possiblity of having breast augmentation after children. Well, after breastfeeding two kiddos my day is about to arrive!

I began consulting with plastic surgeons in the spring. I decided from the start that I was going to schedule 3 consults with 3 plastic surgeons. The first was great (in fact that is who I've scheduled the surgery with). The second surgeon was arrogant, rushed the appointment, and actually dropped curse words. It freaked me out because his online presence leads you to believe he is an excellent surgeon. The third surgeon was okay, however, was rushed at the end of the consult due to a scheduling error. Right away the red flag came up. My gut (and my husband who attended the first 2 consults) said to go with the first surgeon.

So here I am, scheduled for my BA on November 4. Tomorrow I will be going for my pre-op appointment. At this point, I believe I will be getting 375cc, Allergen Silicone, under the muslce, inframmary incision. Of course I'm playing the "is it big enough" game with myself. I've included a before picture - so feel free to comment.

I am 5'5", 125lbs. My rib cage measures at 28.5" - currently wearing a 32A.

As a nursing mother, I would pump 500mL of breastmilk from each breast per session. I did a little research and it turns out 1mL = 1cc. In that case, I almost feel as though I should go larger. I LOVED my nursing breast size. Really it was a full C - maybe a D. That is part of my worry about not going big enough.

My surgeons nurse (who is great by the way) said I really shouldn't go beyond the 375cc as the implant will start to get into my arm area and become a nuisance.

Again - if anyone out there has input I'd love to hear it!

I just wanted to say I hope your feeling okay Kansas. I sure hurt but the meds are helping. Tyvm to the poster above. Hope both you and Kansa have outstanding results!!! Take care ladies. :0D
Hello ladies!
I tried to send my note below a couple days ago from my phone...and I just found out that it did not send! I believe you both had your surguries and I am anticipating notes on your recovery! I will go ahead and attach my previous note...just because.
"You will be SO happy when you get your first peek at your new twin girls!
I will be praying that ALL goes perfectly for you!
My whole deal came down in 10 days! From finding a lump, getting a screening mamogram, scheduling surgery, finding out on the day of my consultation that I did not have cancer but decided after talking to the doc and husband to go ahead and go for the BA! Phew!
I live in WA and flew to AZ for the surgery. I had a vacation scheduled and it all just came together!
The coolest part is that my friend and I had back to back surgeries. She had a tummy tuck and my BA. You will be just fine! The recovery is NOT that bad! At most, very uncomfortable. Pain tolerable with meds...ok!
:)Blessings, Kristin"

Good luck ladies!
I'm going through a lot of the same worries. Mostly I'm worried about recovery :0/ Tomorrow you and I will both have great boobs! Eyes on the Prize Kansas ;0) lol have a safe and easy surgery and recovery. :0)

Day 2 post-op: I've been sleeping a lot! My...

Day 2 post-op: I've been sleeping a lot! My chest is still tight and tender, but I am now able to move my arms more freely. My right pec is more sore than the left. I am still taking my pain meds and using frozen veggies on the tops and sides of my breasts (which I really do think is helping). I would say I'm doing really well at this point! I've been trying to get up and walk around a little more this evening and do a few arm lifts to loosen things up.

I ended up with 425cc, High Profile, cohesive silicone implants. I will post pics in a few days!
Thats great you had a good experience! You look great:) I am getting a revision and set up an appt with him:) I wanna go large. Do you think he is experienced with 800cc implants? I already have 450 now, Ineed an upgrade with a lift!
Hi jessxolauren- i don't know if he is experienced with larger implants. He is excellent, though, so do consult with him.
Hi Kansas girl, your goodies look great! I had my surgery (saline around 300cc, under muscle, crease incision) last friday dec 2nd, they are nice and dont feel hard, but the pec muscles are a little tough and sitting up high. I was wondering did your pec muscles come/calm down yet? Do you see progress week after week? I'm going to try the frozen veggie compressing method you mentioned, thank you!
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

I am completely happy with Dr. Chhatre's work and his staff is terrific!! I will be recommending him to anyone of my family or friends considering breast augmentation.