Botox Experience - Kansas City, MO

First time 4/2011. Manager of clinic is injector...

First time 4/2011. Manager of clinic is injector instructor. Mis-communication to injector RN. Was only supposed to have elevens fixed. Received 36 units in forehead. Immediate hooding, Spock, bleeding at injection sight, anxiety, racing heart, nausea, headache, severe pressure on forehead and temples, diarrhea, depression, debilitating fatigue, body aches, trouble urinating, weakness in hands.

Symptoms come and go, but 5 weeks later still manifesting 80% of time. Cancelled vacation, make "have-to" appointments but crash when I get home.

Pretty tough cookie with stiff upper lip and good sense of humor, all which have carried me through what I consider to be one of the most difficult situations I've encountered. And I've had my share of hard knocks!

Side effects were not even mentioned. I take responsibility for making a decision based on very little research, but with every other procedure I've had the potential risks have been disussed in depth. I have since read extensively on Botox side effects and realize that there are many people who have suffered tremendously after receiving injections. Bottom line, it's negligence in the medical community all for, what we can only assume, greed. Capitalizing on the vanity of those who are grasping at what we can never truly regain, our youth.