4th Day in

Just got Cosmelan done for the first time this...

Just got Cosmelan done for the first time this past Friday. I am half Asian and have hyperpigmentation from taking the pill for many years. Areas of concern are temples and upper lip that seem to darken when exposed to sun. After inquiring about IPL facials, and microdermabrasion, this seemed to be the most effective option.

I got the cosmelan with hydroquin and am in the 4th day after the treatment. I feel I am over the hump but not sure. Day 1 was red face. Day 2 was red, tight and dry and it hurt like crazy applying cosmelan 2 and the vital K cream twice a day. Day 3 was peeling super tight and dry, I could barely move my mouth and eat. The best way to describe it is when you're a kid and put paper glue on your palm and it dries: where the glue is thick it cracks, where it's think you can pull off stretchy thin layers. Day 4, today I am less red and the application of Cosmelan 2 and Vital K still stings like crazy but not excruciating. Face is less red but still peeling especially around the mouth area. I still see my spots so perhaps I'm nowhere over the hump yet, but at least my skin feels less painful.
Ignore other reviews that say you can go out in public or cover with makeup by day 4! The dryness makes it impossible to hide with make up.
Will report more as the days progress.

The paper glue analogy is a good one. I think most all of us did that at least once when we were in elementary school, so its pretty easy to visualize what you are describing.

I'm glad to hear things are feeling better today. Hopefully those spots continue to fade! If they haven't once you are healed up, at this point do you think you would go through this again or is it a bit much?

I am now at day 7. Yesterday I had a meeting so I...

I am now at day 7. Yesterday I had a meeting so I did not use Cosmelan 2 the night before or the day of to avoid cracky face. But last night I reapplied, as a spot treatment to my spots. It still stings a bit but I definitely think I'm on the mend. Spots on my temple don't seem to be fading yet, but according to other users, it should still be fading over the next week to come. The upper lip darkness is starting to fade however, and the smaller spots that made my complexion seem uneven, are disappearing and I do feel my skin is starting to look better than before the peel.

Is it normal for skin to get darker at first ? I thought I was seeing results by 4th day but since then, my melisma patches seem to be darkening and my skin still feels very raw
Totally normal I had cosmelan done,and it lasted a whole year and the first two weeks my dark spots got darker but then they magically disappeared for a whole year. Of course they came back but not as dark and that was expected so I just got another one done loved it and totally worth the money.
I’m sorry to hearing you have performed a Cosmelan treatment. I also had a terrible experience with this product. Two years ago I went to a doctor for a depigmentation treatment. I had very ugly blemishes on my cheeks that appeared after my pregnancy. Doctor recommended me two sessions with cosmelan 1 mask and a maintenance daily home regimen with cosmelan 2 cream. The feeling of the mask on my face was horrible as it is a very aggressive product. Remarkable redness lasted more than a month. Two days after the treatment my skin suffered a very strong flaking and my skin became very dry and sensitive. I used the maintenance cream for three months (I couldn’t stand this unpleasant feeling any longer). When I stopped using the cream, blemishes reappeared and even turned worse. Very dark post inflammatory hiperpigmentations appeared. Of course I change the dermatologist and now I have been informed that it will be very difficult to remove the new hyperpigmentations. Just now I know that cosmelan contains some illegal and dangerous substances (such as hydroquinone and resorcinol) that provokes irreversible side effects, even cancer. I advise not to use this kind of products that are effective at the beginning but not in the long run. Please, go to your doctor as soon as possible to try to solve this big disaster.

I chose Kalologie because the doctor that works there was super knowledgable. When I originally inquired about IPL facials she could have easily sold them to me to make money. However she told me what was worth the cost for my skin and what would be lost efforts and money.