UHHHHMAZING RESULTS! (Terrible Acne, but Now, Clear Soft Skin)

Pros- My face IMMEDIATLY tightened and I could...

Pros- My face IMMEDIATLY tightened and I could feel the product working. Worked extremely well with mildly severe acne. (combination skin) After a month of use, my skin has NEVER looked better. (used Retin-A at night and a 5% Benzoyl Peroxide in the morning.)

Cons- Dryness did occur...used OLAY COMPLETE SPF MOISTURIZER. after 2 weeks, face started breaking out...BUT STICK WITH IT!!!!! After that one or two weeks of breakout, your face will looke amazing! Give the product time, THIS STUFF WORKS!!

Why I Did It- After having mild/severe acne for about 4 years, and trying every single over the counter drug (literally), I needed to do something....so I went to the doctor and she prescribed me Retin-A. I didn't want to get my hopes up, because I knew that it could be just like the rest of them....but if you wash your face twice a day with OLAY bar soap (sensitive skin) and apply the medicine....you will see results. Just Be Patient.

This product sounds amazing! Could you tell me the brand name you have been using? I am planning to buy online as I'm in Asia with significant communication issues! Thanks.
hey you :) . I think i might have skin very similar to yours . I started Retin A two weeks ago and i am covered in small bumps , acne style especially on my chin and jaws. Question: did the doctor suggest to use Benzoyl Peroxide? I am asking cos i did read on a few site not to use it since it does the contrary of what Retin A is supposed to do . I am sure it would help with the pimples thou, thanks C
Hi Mary! I really enjoyed reading your post. I have been dealing with terrible acne for most of my life (I just turned 25) and was considering getting retin-a. What strength did you use? 0.05 or 0.1%? My doctor wrote a prescription for 0.1%. Thanks for your help, Angela
Yep same thing my brother and fiance keep reassuring me only I can see them - but i know thats not true. I use my hair to try to keep them covered but now it's summertime and it's HOT to keep my hair down always. Will let you know what the doctors say. I'm off on vacation but will consult when i'm back. Keep me posted as well :) Enjoy your summer!
I know exactly what you mean..good thing i have long hair, it helps. Ill be sure to keep you posted.Enjoy your vacation :)
I obsess about mine too! Its every single day and sometimes im pretty down about it. My boyfriend keeps telling me its not bad at all. But im the one that has to look at myself in the mirror everyday and deal with it..not him. Yeah thats the bad part about fillers..they are temporary and you have to keep getting it done. That is one thing i dont have money to keep up. Ohh TCA cross? Ive read some good things on here about that. Let me know if you follow through with that. Im curious to know how it worked out for you.
Yes, it's the indents that bother me the most. Redness can be covered by good foundation so thats not an issue as such. These indents SUCK and take the life out of me. I obsess about them on a daily basis. It's pretty bad on my cheeks - no where else. I've heard fillers work only for a short time, you need to keep refreshing them.
I'm looking into TCA Cross and am considering getting it done. Will go see a couple of dermas to see what the best treatment is for me.
I'm using a 0.05% and have been using it since January of this year. I had active acne then, which ended in March of this year. I've been acne free since then but dealing with RED marks and lots of indented skin textures. Did yu have indents too? I wonder if Retin -A helps with that? That is my main worry b/c makeup doesn't cover that :(
Glad to hear your acne cleared up! Thats what im using for it for and for the anti-aging benefits its suppose to have. Im in my early 30's so anything i can do to prolong aging is good, esp. when this is backed up by science not hype. Have you noticed the fading of your red marks yet? I to have lots of intendations in my skin..one that bothers me the most, a larger one on my chin that i actually had filled with juvaderm. That helped by lifting the indent up a bit but not so much the texture. I continue to do my research for other ways to improve it on a permanent level.
What % was your retin a?
I was prescribed the .1% strength. Your skin looking well?
Now another month later, how is it going?
Did it help with the red marks left after the acne?

Thanks
It's doing fantastic!!
My camera isnt working at the moment, but as soon as i get another, i will take updated pictures!
and yes, the red marks are fading. They take time to heal up, but it is definitly helping. The other day I went to visit my mother and the first thing she said to me was "MARY! YOUR FACE IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!" haha i couldnt be happier with a product.(:

Yay, I'm glad you are doing so well. Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

Hello! Im like you ive tried every medicine i think and now trying Retin A. Hope how long did it take til you started to see it working? Im hoping this works for me as well. Your pics you provided look great! Im so happy for you!

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the detailed review. Knowing the products you used and how long it took is great for our community. You look great in your pictures. Did you really only pay $15 dollars, is that US currency, or German? Thanks, please keep me updated.

Thankyou very much(:
and yes when I went to the military doctor, they paid for most of it. (and it's US currency)

Wow you lucked out all around. :) Well keep us updated and please continue to stay an active part of the community.

I WILL! And Thankyou!