Happy to Be Myself

I just had my silicone implants removed after...

I just had my silicone implants removed after having them for only 19 months. I have chronic lyme disease and my symptoms of fatigue and neurological difficulties increased greatly after implantation. I never felt comfortable with my size either, only wanting to be a C again after a lift, but becoming a D.

4 days post surgery

I'm doing great 4 days out, so happy to be clear headed now, did not need pain meds after day 2! I'm already filling out, I can feel it under my compression bra and that gives me hope! Mainly, I'm still very happy with my decision and want to offer support to all of you considering reclaiming your body. xo

5 days post explant

So, I got brave and posted these pics to encourage? all of you. They do not look good, so wish I had stopped at the original lift I had 2 years ago. However, I clearly have breast tissue to work with in a good bra and I'm sure they will "fluff" over the next months to a year. Did others experience the wrinkling at first? Thanks ladies, don't get me wrong, I am thrilled to be rid of the implants and guess what? No tacchycardia since they came out! Imagine that.

Feedback from others who have explanted

Just curious to hear about others, similar size, and how they think I'm doing at 5 days. I was orginally a 34C after 4 pregnancies and breastfeeding so lots of stretch marks. Did a lift, became a 34B and a few months later opted for an augment, 250cc and became an unhappy 34D with lots of accompanying health problems. Only had them in 19 months. Doctor says they haven't stretch out much??? They look like they have, and I might not need another lift. What do you all think?

Need support!!!!

Feeling really down tonight, sad about the way I look now. NOT unhappy about explanting, just sad that this is what's left. I know it will improve but i think I will need a lift and there just isn't much "nice" skin left with all the stretch marks from breastfeeding. And, why are they so off to the sides??? They were more centrally, normally, placed prior to any of this. Very sad :(

Still oozing at 1 week?

Anybody know if it's normal for the incision under breast to still be oozing at 1 week? It's not bright red, but after shower a little red blood.

10 Day Post Op Pics

I can't see the pics I'm posting so sorry if any duplicates or unnecessary pics. Not feeling like I look much better? Sides are full and I could be happy with that. Insides are empty and my breasts seemed "pushed" off the to sides. I don't know what that's about. It is common after implants? Does it have to do with placement of the implants? Hope they will correct more over time. I need and appreciate support. Thanks.

Day 12, Progress!

I woke up early, after wearing a "pull-over" sports bra to bed for the first time. I was amazed when I took it off that I can actually see progress! Things pulling back together somewhat. Perhaps it was the bra but I can feel the difference. And, it's a special day for me. 15 years ago today I found recovery from addiction to alcohol, my life is now blessed and free!

Day 18, making progress? Feed back on pics please!

Wanted to update you all. 2nd day sleeping with no bra! I was concerned, but my incisions weren't healing as well without a little air, and this has definitely helped. Still concerned that the scars will not be flat, but a call to ps office assured me that if they were not, they could be easily "resurfaced" under a local at some point. Can't even think about more surgery right now!!!
The good news is I think they are resuming a more normal look and that there is hope they will begin to fluff. Also still very happy to have them out and I think they will look very nice in clothing once I can again wear a normal bra. I just ordered (better late than never!) 2 Marena bras after reading how they still give you cleavage and the ability to wear lower cut shirt, but still offering the compression.
The not so good news, the surgery itself, and/or perhaps the silicone disruption, or stimulation from the surgery, have activated my lyme disease a little more. Have had to rest, rest, rest which is difficult in that I'm moving in one week.
I still have significantly less arrhythmia since explant, so I'm very convinced that the silicone is indeed very toxic! More so for me, with a chronic illness.

My next step in becoming me will be to give up hair color which makes me ill as well. I may try organic first, but truthfully would like to be ok with a little gray hair! Health over looks ladies! Right?
I would appreciate feed back on the pics!

23 Days post op....very sick :(

Good news first! My incisions are finally closed up! Yay, no more pus, no more open spots. I feel like I've finally turned a corner there!

Bad news. About 9 days ago I developed severe diarrhea and yesterday was diagnosed with Claustridium Difficile, or C Diff. which I got from the antibiotics they gave me after surgery. Really scary stuff, it's a bacteria that can take over if you kill off to many good bacteria with antibiotics. Highly contagious and serious. Really bad timing because I have to move in 2 days, can't accept any help from friends or movers because of the contagion issue. And I am scheduled to fly 6000 miles home to see family for a month in less than 3 weeks! Eeek, not sure how I'm going to get through this alone. I've lost 10 lbs since surgery, and I didn't have much to lose. Ok, back to gratitude! I'm grateful for a place to come to online for support! And I still know the explant was the right thing. DO NOT GET IMPLANTS!!!! So not worth what I've been through and apparently it isn't over yet. Praying for all you ladies out there with me on this journey back to our true selves! xo

4 weeks post up tomorrow!

I feel like this is becoming part of my past, the implants and operations, and that is a great feeling! I'm still a little bruised, and incisions are not quite healed but getting there!

I haven't been able to fully enjoy this because of getting so deathly ill from the antibiotics for surgery. Still very sick and I had to move over the weekend. I refused help because what i have, c diff, is very contagious. Monday was the worst day ever! Ended up passing out at my new place, thank God I didn't hit my head. Did nothing but rest yesterday, had a friend drop off food in my garage.

Praying for healing, meditating on healing intentions, and relying on support from you all! I travel 6000 miles in 2 weeks, to stay for a month on a lake near 2 of my sons, with my daughter in law, daughter, and grandson joining me. Looking forward to my new role of allowing others to take care of me, instead of vice versa!

I will post pics on the 20th, one month post op, to encourage you all.

Thanks for being there for me!

ONE MONTH POST EXPLANT PICS!

One month ago today, wow! Lots of change, healing is steady now and it feels good to not worry so much anymore about my incisions. Unfortunately, I was just starting to recover when I came down sick and still struggling with that now so can't say I feel great overall. However, very excited about the new/old me and inspired to be more myself in other ways!!! Going with organic, non toxic hair dye next, or maybe even letting gray come through, eek!

So here are pics, including one in pre-lift, pre-implant bikini top. I feel like I was more full before all the surgeries, way too full and artificial looking after implants, but I know final results are months if not a year away.

Bare in mind as you look at pics, I'm a 52 year old mother of 4, grandmother, and have had stretch marks on boobs since age 27 due to becoming huge when pregnant and breastfeeding. I just have that kind of skin and they are something I will have to live with. The implants made them fuller so less wrinkly, but the stretch marks were still there.

I hope my journey helps to inspire others to healthy, whole natural bodies! xo

Freaking out a little!!!

Freaking out now that I've posted my pics and looked at the closely. So many stretch marks! Anybody else have this problem? They are not from implants, they are from having bad skin genes and breastfeeding when they got huge. The implants filled them out so that they weren't as noticeable. Trying to love my stretch marky boobs!

Breasts pushed to the sides from implants?

It seems like my breasts are not positioned normally, since the implants, like they placed them more toward the center of my chest, pushing the natural breast tissue off to the side, and it seems to remain that way, at least at 4 1/2 weeks. Has anyone else had this happen? Is it due to the particular way the implants were placed? I'm going to email original ps office and ask about placement, and get my old pics.

My 1st Real Post Op Bra!!!!

5 weeks today! I bought a couple of VS wire free bras, on sale, to get me through the times when I simply need to wear something that doesn't totally flatten me out! I'll wait on buying more until I'm more sure of my ultimate size. It feels so good to look feminine, know it's all me, and to be out of the sports bras for a bit! They are hurting my shoulders, too tight maybe? Anyone else with that problem?

Follow up appt today with Surgeon

Hi all, Just had follow up with ps, I am 5 weeks 1 day post op. All looks fine, still some bruising which he says means I'm still swollen. I had to pry it out of him, but he said mine implants were placed under the muscle and that the pectoral muscle had been "released" which means cut. I'm so upset by this, but recognize that I have to take responsibility for not asking more questions before implants. Also, when I asked, he said he was not able to get all of the capsules out, because they were tissue paper thing and were attached to my rib cage. He left about 5% on each side because to scrape more might have caused a pneumo thorax. I am glad that he was carefully, but disappointed that not all of the capsules were removed because of my health issues which may be related to silicone. He also said in 9 months we would have a better idea if I would benefit from another lift. Ugh, can't imagine more surgery right now. Ever. But I'm happy to be free of the fakes, and I LOVE that I am not getting as much attention for my looks. Tells you how much of that was for my boobs, that's pretty disgusting and sad. Personally, that's how I feel.

Silicone Toxicity?

It just occurred to me that maybe the reason I've had horrible GI issues for 4 weeks now is the partial capsules the ps left in me? I wonder if opening them up allowed the silicone that had bled into them to escape into my body. Any thoughts?

Still very sick

Hi all,
Don't want to be a downer but I'm still very sick, 4 weeks horrible GI issues, no relief. Supposed to fly 6000 miles to see family tomorrow. My colonoscopy was normal, biopsies not back yet though. Asking for prayers!
Also a question, some women have posted they are using or going to use silicone strips to reduce scar visibility. Is anyone concerned about the silicone getting into your system? I mean, that's why I had mine out, to get rid of the silicone. Just curious.
All my best to all of you and thanks for your support during this journey! If I am able to make my trip, I will be gone 4 weeks with little internet so I'll check in when I can! xo

Had to cancel my trip :(

Very sad. Had to cancel my trip. Became too dehydrated and my potassium level dropped. Had IV fluids today and results from colonoscopy show I have collagenous colitis. Have started on new med for it, praying it works!
I think it was all triggered by explant surgery. This is a condition I have had, but it's never been this severe and I thought it was gone.

Thanks for everyone's support about GI issues, healing issues and everything else. I will get well, I promise!

xo

More acceptance

My truth is that at almost 7 weeks I look worse. I have lost 20 lbs from my GI issue, become malnourished and reacted to the steroids to treat me. Not a great time to be looking in the mirror! Empty, wrinkled, deformity is what I see now and it's sad. With my chronic health issues I cannot afford another surgery. In fact, I think the explant started a chain of events to lead me to this level of illness today. And I only wanted to feel better. Perhaps that will come. I belong to a program that states "Acceptance is the key to all our difficulties." So, true. I love my sad, sick little self so much now and grieve the pain I have put myself through with hope for a healthier future. Thanks all for everything. My daughter arrives soon to help me make a decision about my health, may need to leave my beautiful island for better health care. But love, spirit and grace are everywhere. Keep working toward truth!

Moved to CA for medical treatment

So my update is I had to move 2 days ago to CA from Maui because my medical condition has deteriorated so much. My daughter came to rescue me and bring me here where I can get better care. It's all been so traumatic, 20 lb weight loss since the explant, 8 weeks ago. I look and feel horrible, scars aren't nice at all but I'm just focusing on surviving at this point. I will try to post pics (hopefully they won't be too depressing) in 3 days, my 2 month mark. Thanks for all the support here and remember, explantation is/was a great health choice, it just happened to trigger my chronic illness issues. xo

2 Months Post Explant

So, have lost lots of weight due to illness so the "fluff" fairy did not appear this month! Pretty sad looking but I have bigger concerns right now with my health. I'm still very glad to not have the implants any longer, VERY GLAD!
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Yu met with me several times to answer questions and discuss several options regarding my dissatisfaction with my implants. While he did not agree that the silicone likely caused my increase in physical illness, he agreed that if I felt at all concerned about that possibility, the best thing to do would be to remove them. I am 2 days post surgery so cannot speak to the outcome as of yet. Update: 6 weeks post op. I am very happy I had explant, however I had to ask specifically for capsulectomy and at one month followup questioned Dr Yu further only to find out he did not remove 5% of capsules because they were so thin and adhered to rib cage. This was a medical judgement call I realize, yet I am disappointed as I wanted anything with any possible toxicity removed. Also disappointed that I was not told this after surgery. He and his staff have been kind and helpful in other ways, and I appreciate his assistant Jamie so much. They were not dismissive of me or my concerns at followup I'm happy to say.