Just Started my Treatments- OK So Far

Well, I wish I had read this board before...

Well, I wish I had read this board before yesterday. I thought I'd done my homework- UGH!

YEsterday I went to {edited - provider info is located at the top of the review}. The location is in the Mall, but very sterile, professional, etc. They also had this 50% off sale so WOW, lucky for me!!

The girl doing the injections is NOT a Dr, nor and RN. She is a LPN, which was a bit alarming. There is a Dr that oversees the clinic, but she's only there on Mondays. (I was not there on a Monday).

I am treating my love handles and back fat that has accumulated over this past year (see photo). The girl injected my lower back so we can assess my reactions to it, and so I go back on Jan 3 for the entire treatment of my affected areas.

I paid for 6 sets of treatment. I can use them wherever I want so if my back shapes up at 4 sets, then I can use the other two on my legs, etc. Also, I was given a free 7th treatment for allowing them to take photos of me for their portfolio.

The needles are needles, the hurt. I have one small bruise and my back is sore, but I am drinking water and massaging it.

Will keep everyone posted- I hope I get good results!! Seems all the complaints are on this FIG place- even the one here in Scottsdale. Glad I didn't go there AND they cost more too it seems.

Nu U Med Spa, Glendale

Did any of you use the prescription topical medicine 30 minutes prior to receiving the Lipodissolve injections? My PCP wrote the script out, but the Spa had recommended it. I was indeed informed by the Spa to bring a tight girdle like garment to wear post procedure. They do that even in hospitals to keep swelling to a minimum. I am about to have my first series for my "muffin top". I hate needles, but am trying to be positive.
You all read and beleive when we tell you there is NO refund. Nu U/FIG/LIPPODISSOLVE... all the same story. People DO NOT PAY for your services until renderend.. I would charge and NOT pay cash. I was fortunate to get 2500.00 credited back to my account but I'm out 6,000. FIG had been dissolved for a second time.. I've learned
I am going in for treatments next Tuesday. I'm getting my stomach, love handles, and bra fat done. I've done a lot of research so far, but today is the first time I've checked out this site. I am going to NuU MedSpa at the Arrowhead location. Do they do the laser or ultrasound massage or anything before or after the treatment? I do not want lumpies! Is there anything else I should know? I realize it's going to hurt some, but I have a very high pain tolerance, and I don't have a problem with needles. I just want to look good, but I'm concerned after reading some of the things I've read. Any comments? Should I go somewhere else?
Look at their rating on the BBB web site. That should say it all.
I just completed treatment #2. All went well, but I told them (Nu U- Medspa at Arrowhead) what I was reading here about NOT massaging the area, etc. They told me that the other locations, mesa included, use the same doctor and that have no idea whay girls are being given contrary info about massaging the area. The massage is supposed to help kweep from getting those nodules/lumps. HELP. I have no lumps and I am massaging, but who in Mesa or tha other NuU locations is saying NOT to massage, we gotta get these people on the same page. Good lord!!!!
Yes, I completely agree with GoFlyaKite. You should not massage the area, take anti-inflamatory meds, or ice/heat the treated area. Inflammation is a sign that the treated area is in repair by the body's immune system. The repair going on is the body cleaning up the exploded fat cells. You do not want to diminish this process or retard it in any way. Whichever clinic told some of you that the above relief methods were OK ... is basically uninformed ... and I would seriously question their credibility.
I had the treatment last Saturday 1/12/08 and while the shots were uncomfortable and some seemed to burn a little as any shot would be it was certainly manageable. I read a lot of comments on message boards about wearing compression garments and ice and asked the MedSpa people about it and they specifically said you should NOT wear anything like that. They indicated that the swelling of the area is ideal in the first few days and advise absolutely not to use ice or heat or take any anti-infamatory medicine since that also prohibits the swelling. Before trying any comfort remedies on your own, at least discuss it with the person in charge at the center where you are treating--and we can only hope they're all on the same information page. Best of luck to all of us.
hi, I started Lipo dissolve last month in Dec. I went to NU U in phoenix, The needles kinda stung and the pain after was very uncomfortable. I was swollen for at least 4 days. I think the second day is worst then the first. I am having my inner thighs done. This past Sat.Jan 5th. I had my second shot. This time I had my thighs measured. The first one did nothing for me, They say it usually takes the 2 and so on to see results. I was told to ask for the laser on my next treatment. I guess this is suppose to melt the fat. I'll keep ya'll posted if I lost any inches on my thighs. I hope so, cause I do not like my thighs. LOL, Also I work out 5 days a week and try to eat healthy. Should I massage the area? If anyone knows please let me know. I drink lots of water, cause I was told this will help. Thanx
Wow, I hadn't heard anything negative about Nu U until I read this- UGH! I just had my fist full treatment last night. The pain from teh needles was to be expected, but nothing like what I read on here from others saying it's 'like childbirth' or whatever they said. (I am doing my love handles area). I am swollen today and have some minor bruising, but I would say the pain is uncomfortable and certainly I am running around doing errands, laundry, etc. So far so good. I am also wearing a compression-type waist high garment (looks like leggings that I got at Target) so that may be helping. I ice and then massage and so far, no lumps. Let me know how you are all doing. H
Also, Mary T- How much are they charging you out in Mesa for this and what body parts are you having done, stomache, right?
hello all, i haven't checked this site in a while. i paid $1700 for stomach and sides (love handles). this was with the 50% discount sales hype and also $100 off cause i supposedly won some contest for responding to the ad on myspace(but i don't know what to believe) i just had my 2nd treatment yesterday. i had been putting it off for awhile because i didn't want to be swollen and had alot of social things going on the past month. anyway, my stomach had gotten smaller since my first treatment and i lost a few pounds in general. i'm not sure if it's actually from the lipodissolve working or from drinking so much water, or from all the stress in my life, causing me to not eat as much??
I can't say too much about this because we are currently speaking to a lawyer, but there were some medical complications so treatments had to be stopped. Nu U refuses to refund any money. Excuse given: You signed a paper saying you knew you could die. You should talk to your doctor first.
If you don't mind me asking, what medical problems are you having? I go to Nu med spa in Mesa. I'm kind of scared after reading all these comments.
Hi! I started lipodissolve treatments at Nu medspa at Superstition Springs Mall in Mesa, AZ. I've only had one full treatment so far. I can't say whether it's really working or not. I seem to still be a little swollen but feel like my stomach is a little smaller. But I've also been drinking alot of water(more than I ever have), so I don't know what to believe. I wish I would have found this website sooner too!
you had 1 full tx meaning that you had the 5 visits or 1 visit w/ one tx? I am going in next weekend to get my 1st tx. did it hurt?
Trisha- We mean one treatment of product for the FIRST time with all the others [treatments] still to come. Yes, the needles are uncomfortable, but bearable. I saw that one woman wrote it was hte most excruiating pain....that wasn't my experience at all. They're shots...like a shot in the arm, only now iin our body somewhere and sometimes in places that would hurt more than your arm like your lower back. My treatments have been great AND what I've committed to doing on the 2nd day after each treatment (I get mine on Thursday nights) so on Saturdays, I go for a massage. The LMT is working on the areas to flush them out it's working well. Swelling is minimal and not painful for me. Keep us posted and good luck. So far I'm doing great! Brick