Just Got the Active FX 2 Days Ago!

I just got the Active FX provedure done 3 days ago...

I just got the Active FX provedure done 3 days ago. My face is still healing. I got the procedure done on my acne scars on my cheeks extending from both my temples to the mid cheek. This will be my second laser this year, but I have had a Co2 done ten years ago and an Erbyium after that. I did see a better overall improvement with the Active FX, but my doctor did advice me that acne scars are very difficult to remove and its up to the patient to stick with a skin care maintance and exfoliation!

He put me on the Obagi skin care line, which is somewhat pricey but worth it. I did get hyperpigmentation after the last laser this year, but the Obagi did help. I will post again in a month to see if I can see better results after this second one.

Dr. Daneshamand Ageless and Beautiful

DO you have any machine that fix nose back to normal or to improve the nose shape? to add skin or to remove grassy oil and improve sharp cool nose when bonny:)
I use the machine and enlarged my nose and make it look as if i had a swallen nose .I think it does some improvement in the skin but it enlarge some areas that dont need enlargement and i wonder how can they sale that machine so expensive .i wish the machine cost 25 dollar because it is little and help but not the great thing and they should give us refound when the nose become huge because it brake the self steam of consumer . some bugs dont disapear and some wrinkle even u iron it does stay same .
Hi Jaclina, are you asian? Would you like to update how the result on the acne scarring is now after two activfx?
Elizabeth, Sorry the cream is not from the Obagi line is called Neocutis. http://www.neocutis.com/categories.php?catid=14
My skin began looking fairly normal after about 6 weeks. But, my skin was more red the first time I had the procedure, than the second time. I think it's because he was more aggressive the first time. I was able to use a mineral makeup or one suggested by the dr. to hide the redness. My skin looked ok, but still red even after a month, but the makeup helped. There is a cream that Obagi has to speed the healing. Ask you dr. about it, can't remember the name, a little expensive but it also helped in the healing.
My doctor is having me come in once a week and he is putting my skin under a flashing yellow light to speed healing. It's still pretty red but it's slowly fading. It's only been 3 weeks so we'll see. How long was it before your skin looked fairly normal (ie no more noticeable red spots) I have a lightening cream I apply at night and in the day I just hydrate it and use sunscreen.
Hey Jaclina, I got the Active FX done last week and I'm curious what Obagi products you are on and if they've helped with healing. I have a lot of random red spots from where they used the deep fx. I am worried they won't go away.
Hi Elizabeth, Yes, Obagi did help in the the healing, but you you shuold start the products after 1 month. For now, just use a good sunblock and can try the Eucerin face lotion for redness. That will go away with time and it's just part of the healing process. Just stay out of the sun because you can get hyperpigmentation. Obagi has helped me afterwards in preventing darkening of the skin. The only thing is that it's way to expensive to maintain. Its been 5 months since my procedure and I can't say that my scars are 100% but maybe a little better. I've been using the Obagi since then and my skin has kept that overall clarity. I'm almost done with the products and thinking about using something else. Just a little worried in not using a hydrquinione based cream to prevent the hyperpigmentation. Retin-A is also something you should consider later for post-treatment. It really depends on your skin and how it reacts.
Glad you were pleased with the initial results and I hope it all goes as expected. I look forward to reading you follow up. Thanks for sharing. Charles

The doctor that performed this is here in San Diego, not sure if I can advertise his name but I will type it. . It's been about 3 weeks since the laser, and I have some mixed feelings as to the improvement of my acne scars. Can't say that it's a lot better. But, I will consider getting another procedure done sometime in the near future and with a different doctor. Don't get me wrong this doctor did take care of me, but would like to see what other options are out there beyond a facial spa, more like a plastic surgeon. I'm on the Obagi skin care system and will see in a month or two how my skin is doing.I guess it really depends on the type of improvement you are going for. Acne scars are very hard to remove, but I'm sure wrinkles and tightness of the skin will be improved. I had him do my wrinkles around my eyes and I still have them, but maybe I'm expecting a miracule. Some say my skin looks overall better and the clarity has improved and my scars as well. But, I have taken pictures before, during and after and will compare in a couple of months to see how my skins has improved. The doctor explained to me that even after a couple of months my skin is still improving and with the stimulation of the laser the collagen will plump up the pitted scars, causing a refined texture in my scars. ???? We'll see...... best of luck!

Thanks for posting the pics and the review! I am very interested in this procedure, and was wondering who your doc was and if you recommend them? (I am in Hollywood and wouldn't mind driving that far.) I went to Dr. Rivkin's office here in the Los Angeles area where the nurse and receptionist told me that there would be a "special" on the Active FX in January and there were postcards being printed as we spoke. I called the office and they were not only rude, but the receptionist I spoke with said: "Believe me, I'd be the first to know if there was a special planned." So I guess they are out of the picture for me. Thanks for any help you can offer, I appreciate it :-)