Obagi Blue Peel for Brown Spots--Ended Up with Large Pores + More Wrinkles - Jupiter, FL

I was looking for something to improve my sun...

I was looking for something to improve my sun damaged skin and get rid of brown spots. I've heard a lot about Obagi and their Blue Peels over the years, so decided to ask my plastic surgeon about it. I did not do any prep (such as using Nu Derm ahead of time.) My ps decided on 4 layers. It was incredibly painful but I had a fan within inches of my face. It took a really long time for me to start seeing any signs of peeling - at least 5 days in, and then the wrinkling was so incredibly deep that I looked 90. It took about 12 days until the peeling stopped. I then started using ZO Brightenex but even though I only used it twice a week, I started peeling all over again. At first my skin felt really smooth, but then I noticed my pores were huge! I never had visible pores before. Also my skin took on an orange peel texture with a few "ice pick" marks. It's been 10 weeks and my skin looks worse than ever. I have stopped the Brightenex completely and now use emu oil and vasoline on my skin. My skin is overly dry, the lines around on face are more noticeable, and the brown spots, while lighter, are still very visible. I feel like a vampire because I am avoiding the sun at all costs and being an outdoor person, it is ruining my summer.

I'm sure this works on some people, and the procedure was performed by a competent plastic surgeon, but I think my skin was just too sensitive. The down time was way longer than I anticipated and I really feel like I've ruined my skin. I would definitely not recommend it!

Blue Peel Update

Here are my photos. Unfortunately, I don't have any Before pictures that show my skin close enough to see the difference in pores and texture. While it looks like all those brown marks on my face disappeared, they were really not noticeable until the peel brought them all out. The ones still visible are the ones I was most concerned about.

I'm so sorry for your experience. I want to have a peel as Obagi has not worked for me but reading stories like this scares me. Do you know what percentage TCA peel it was and do you have any pics?
Thanks for your comment! You motivated me to post my pics but I don't know what strength my peel was. I think it was fairly strong since you can see how wrinkled I was at 5 days. I really can't advise you about a peel, as some have had great results, while others get the large pores and orange peel skin like me. In general, I think my skin looks older now and worse in makeup (but certainly not good enough to wear without it!) I'm going back to Florida and will visit my PS so will see what she has to say.
Thank you for sharing with the community.  I am sorry you are having so many issues with your skin now:(