I Hate Invisalign! Worst Mistake of my Life!! - Jersey City, NJ

Start by saying after 2 years of failed Invisalign...

Start by saying after 2 years of failed Invisalign treatment, I FINALLY went to an Orthodondist (not Dentist) for a second opinion. He says he sees people like me all the time: people who's Dentists mislead them into Invisalign treatment that did not work. My Dentist had no idead that my teeth could not be fixed by Invisalign because the product is limited in what it can do.

First of all, Dentists are not Orthodontists and have no business prescribing braces for their patients. Dentists are required by Invisalign to sit through a one day seminar to become certified. They are NOT qualified to make judgements about whether or not your teeth would be best fixed by Invisalign! Both Dentist and Invisalign make a TON of MONEY off your mouth!! That's it!!

They promise your treatment will be one year, but I am not on my third refinement almost 2 years later.

Please consult an Orthodontist before you agree t Invisalign.

I should not say the Dentist was purposefully...

I should not say the Dentist was purposefully misleading. I don't think he knew any better. I suggest anyone who's interested in Invisalign or braces see an Orthodontist first or for a second opinion.

Invisalign is extremely disruptive to your daily life and since results are not guaranteed, it's not worth the trouble.

I gave Dentist a "Poor" score because I'd like to see him learn more about orthodontics so he can better advise his clients before Invisalign treatment begins. I don't think any Dentist should be able to prescribe Invisalign, period. Those who do, should recommend their clients get a second opinion and not put their income before their client's health, lifestyle and money.