29yr Old Mum of 4, 119lbs, 5ft 3.5in! - Jersey, Channel Islands

Just joined so please bear with me. I started my...

Just joined so please bear with me. I started my TT journey a while back. I have 4 beautiful girls 11, 9, 7 and 2.5yrs old. They were all normal deliveries. I count myself very lucky to have 4 healthy children but for 11 years my body confidence has been in shreds. I won't dare wear a bikini on the beach. My whole 20's has basically revolved around me being pregnant, breast feeding and gaining and losing weight. I am quite petite (UK size 8) and feel my tummy does not look like that of a 29yr old! Had all my pre-op appointment today and in have the go ahead for Saturday. I have 2 more long days at work and then FINALLY I get to say goodbye to the monster tummy! It almost doesn't feel real! I have waited over a decade for this! Quite nervous though about the pain etc, also, me and my husband have not told a soul about it so we will be managing between us with the kids. I hoping to go back to work after the 2nd week PO. Not sure how realistic this is but I am quite a determined person so will hope for the best. Just taken a set of the most hideous pictures of my tummy in all it's glory eek! 3 days and counting!

2 sleeps remaining!

Went to my usual Wednesday evening boxercise class yesterday and gave it my all, as I knew it would be the last one for a long while. Feeling quite sad that I won't be able to gym as normal, will really miss it (probably my gym buds more if I am honest lol).
Not long finished a very long shift at work. More of the same tomorrow then I really must pack my stuff! Has anyone got any suggestions or advice on what to take to the hospital that I may not have thought about? I have the added bonus of my period being due on the day of my surgery to contend with! Got 2 packets of santitary towels and my tranexamic acid. Fingers crossed tomorrow goes quickly!

Night before the big day!

Just finished another long (and stressful) day at work! Started to pack my bag but I am so exhausted I might just go to bed. Had an awful night sleep last night. Hoping for a better night sleep tonight, although I am sure I am going to be up over thinking the op through the night!

Insomniac

Here I am being an insomniac! Knew that I would be tonight, but still, it's frustrating! I just wanted a good night sleep! So much to do before I leave in the morning and it keeps going round in my mind! Off to try and catch some more zzzzz before it's time to get up!

Today's the day! :-D

The big day is finally here YAY! I am all checked in at the hospital, my nurse seems nice, she asked why I needed a TT as I was slim and my tummy is flat...! I then explained that I had 4 children and I was tucking skin into my pants and my abdominal wall is in shreds lol! Surgery is not until this afternoon so I have a bit of a wait ahead of me. Had my last cup of tea and breakfast at 7.30am and got ready to leave. Said goodbye to my babies and instantly felt guilty about what I am doing. They are heading to the beach today with daddy! It's such a lovely day, I wish I was too!
My room is nice, I have a TV and nice clean bathroom. Period not arrived yet (probably will make an appearance just before I go for surgery!) Still have to meet the anaesthetist.
Feeling a bit surreal at the moment. Still don't believe it's happening and probably won't until I wake up post surgery! So tired after another rubbish night sleep. Could really do with a cup of tea but nill by mouth now, boo!

FINALLY on the flat side! :-D

Just thought I would update and let you all know I AM ON THE FLAT SIDE!!!! Got called down a bit earlier than expected and woke up in recovery at 1.15pm. Have just been dozing on and off since. Had to have some more pain relief in recovery as I felt like my wound was burning but feeling quite comfortable now. Feel like I have done an insane abs workout though! Period stayed at bay and I am sitting here pantless with the catheter and 2 drains so im hoping it stays away until I can get some pants and pad on! Felt really sick post anaesthetic and had to have some anti-sickness mess. I dreaded the thought of heaving with my sore tummy. PS came to see me a couple of hours ago and said it went well. I asked if the muscle separation was quite severe and he said it was pretty bad. Glad it all fixed now! Can't wait to have a look at my tummy. The binder is really tight and not helping too much with the sicky feeling. Otherwise feel like Ive had a few too many glasses of wine! If I can get some pics later (with my pants on) I will! :-D

8 hours post op!

Been napping on and off throughout the day. Managed to very slowly eat some dinner. Couldn't manage much but funnily enough the icecream and fruit salad pudding went down well :-)

Feeling slightly more 'with it' now. Was still in my horrible theatre gown and had no pants on so just manoeuvred myself to the edge of the bed and stood up (all be in hunched like an old man with my drains and catheter) to my bag to get out a pair of low rise pants and pad and a clean nighty or my own. Crouching down was fine but standing up was not too good. Poor healthcare assistant got a shock when she saw me changing my nighty on the edge of the bed and putting my pants on so she went to get one of the staff nurse lol! She helped me thread my drains through the leg of my pants and I managed to stand hunched and pull them up. Cleansed my face and now re-settled back in bed again. Took some shots of the binder and drains. You can see the shape is looking good. Really want to see it now!

The morning after!

Morning realselfers! Managed a fair bit of sleep over night last night. Can see I am quite swollen and bruised now in the groin area. Took some arnica tabs to help bring the bruising out. Not much in my drains to be honest. 50mls left, 20mls right. Drinking and draining lots of urine eek! Feeling pretty good. Going to dose myself up on pain relief and get moving this morning. My PS is going to pop round this morning to see me. Drains and catheter will likely be removed then. Can't wait (although secretly enjoying having the catheter as not having to get up for a wee lol) my throat has been a bit sore where they intubated me, but feeling otherwise pretty good this morning!

Cooking on gas!

Both my drains, catheter and cannula have now all been removed! The nurses kept commenting about how tiny my waist looks. I imagine it's likely a lot to to with the binder because I didn't think PS was going to do any lipo, I forgot to ask this morning when he came to see me. Took some pics standing up (hunched over still though) now that I have no nasty drains! Shape is looking really good I think! Still not seen the wound yet, doesn't look like I will for another 11 days! The binder seems to be velcroed onto something else underneath too :-/
PS said I can go home later today if I want to. Just deliberating what I should do as obviously going to have kids bounding all over the place asking questions!?! (We didn't say I was going for a TT) . I could stay another night but I think DH wants me to come home. Bless!

Photos didn't post

Here are the pics!

Home at last!

Went home yesterday evening and managed a good sleep in my own bed. Was sleeping propped up most of the night but managed to sleep on my side for a short time too. I am coping ok with just codeine and paracetamol. Feeling quite swollen now though. The binder is getting itchy and is bunching in the waist area, making it uncomfortable but I can't take it off for another 10 days! Took some pics this morning. Legs look quite puffy still with water retention.

Might have slightly over done it!

I have been more and more mobile as the day has gone on. This morning I had a strip wash at the sink and shaved my legs and underarms. This afternoon I managed to single handedly wash and condition my hair over the sink. I have still been falling asleep a fair bit through the day, which I hope is normal but otherwise lots more active. I went downstairs and saw the kitchen was a tip, so started cleaning it! Then tidied the living room and sat down for dinner. I then came over really hot and clammy, and had to get some air and roll down my stockings. I think that was my body telling me I had done too much. I managed to eat a good sized dinner but now I am wiped out and want to sleep. My abs and scar are also hurting a bit now so will have to take some codeine which I have been avoiding all day (it's sends me to sleep). I hope I have a better day tomorrow. It's so frustrating when you are used to being so busy!

Day 3 PO and getting there!

Was a bit slow to start this morning but once I was up I was almost whizzing about as normal (except with a hunch). I would say I am about 90% upright now. Just a little way to go! Was having my morning stand-up wash this morning and thought I would take the binder off to check the bruising and put it back on afterwards. I also rolled down a small bit of the soft foam tape underneath to see if I could get a peek of my new bb! I took a couple of pictures from the back/side and I have no bruising which likely confirms that PS did no lipo. My upper ribs look bruised and I could see the top of the white steri-strips where my new bob must be! The right side of my abs are more swollen than my left (not sure why that is) hopefully that sorts itself out. Otherwise though, I am not as battered and bruised as I thought I would be which I guess is a good thing and probably why I am quite mobile already. Still wearing my sexy socks and weirdly my period has not put in an appearance yet! It's now 3 days late so expecting it any day which is going to be awful! Still not been for a No.2 yet, is that normal?

Heat wave!

So we have a heat wave predicted here over the next week or so. It's roasting already and it's only 8am! I have taken my TED's stockings off "to be washed" as I was getting really hot in them and I am pretty mobile anyway so not really sure they are necessary. I am a bit worried about how hot I am going to be wearing the binder! I've ordered some spanx high waisted pants so when they come I can hopefully swap them for the binder!
Sorry if TMI, I finally managed to go this morning, YAY! I also weighed myself and I am down a pound to 118lbs although was wearing my PJ's and binder so might be more like 2lbs! Whoop whoop! Anyway fingers crossed I manage to stay cool today! :-D

Wow!

Sorry if TMI but I have to give credit to the lactulose big time! I have been to the toilet 6 times already today! Talk about backed up! Don't know if my cramps in back and tummy are being caused by the impending period that is now 4 days late, the TT or the damned wind and bloating caused by being backed up for 4-5 days! Whichever it is URGHHHH! Thought I would do a bit of garden sunbathing today. My big dressings and binder totally ruined my bikini party! Luckily I was just hanging out in my garden with my toddler and not going anywhere in public lol! :-)
Forgot to say, DH only took Monday off so all mummy duties resumed yesterday bar the school run (as I can't drive) and so far so good! Hope you are all enjoying the lovely weather ladies!

Down another pound!

I know it's silly to keep weighing myself but down another pound this morning to 8st 5oz (117lbs to our American friends). Is this just fluid then that I am loosing? I am usually quite hungry too and haven't been post surgery. :-/ just seems a lot to loose in 5 days!

Wow I can see abs!

Wow ok I am the most excited I've been since going in for the surgery. Took my binder off for a wash this morning and OMG I have abs!!!! I knew they were hiding under all that skin before but so impressed with how it looks! I know credit needs to be given to the surgeon but heck credit for busting my bum in the gym 4 times a week too! Totally paid of to see this! No stretchmarks either yet from the bit I can see. I am expecting some lower down as I had some above the belly button. Hurry up next Friday already....I want to see under there!!!!

The arrival of the spanx!

Thank god is all I can say right now! My spanx have just arrived and they are like a silk glove compared to the binder! I have been wearing the damned binder all day long in 30 degree heat! That is no fun believe me! My skin has been scratched raw from how uncomfortable it's made me! The only problem with the spanks is getting them on and off! This is not an easy task let me tell you! It needed to be done though. I can actually stand straight now too!!

Update on spanx

Morning RSers! Just thought I would give you an update on the spanx, they were a great relief for about an hour, then I needed my binder back on because I was swelling up, they were not tight enough and I didn't feel secure after a while. I actually wore the binder on top of the Spanx and it felt much more comfortable. Those were the smallest spanx do so I guess I will have to wait a bit to wear those! I just ordered a different compression garment which I hope will get here quickly! I did a bit of de-sticking with my bandages. I have come up in a bit of a red raw rash from the soft foam tape they used and I ended up with blistered skin on my hip so I had to remove it! Took a peek of my right hip just now and it looks brutal under there! Honestly I am wondering what the hell I allowed happen to myself! Also my bits seem to have been given a face lift :-/ I know it's swollen and full of fluid but looks like it's been pulled upwards quite a bit! Going to venture out today and join the rest of civilisation. Going to have to hide my binder somehow and try and walk as straight as possible! That should be fun! Anyway here's a snap shot of what's going on under the dressings! Enjoy :-p

Binder hiding!

Just doing a casual bit of binder hiding for my trip out in a bit! I've got on a camisole followed by the binder then outfit on top! Fingers crossed I'm disguised enough!

90% revealed!

Ok so I know it's late in the day but I just took all the soft foam off to have a look at what's going on under there. The white steri-strips are still covering the wound and my new bb so I can only see 90% of the result. I won't remove those till next friday. The bb in particular looks like a mess and in the pics looks offset to the left but we'll see when things have settled down. The suture line etc seems ok. It's low enough to be covered by pants. The redness you can see is the reaction to the soft foam dressings :-/

1week PO today :-)

So I made it through the week! It's been tough but I am getting there! I am hoping with the arrival of the new CG and the dressings coming off next week, it will be more comfortable for me! Kids broke up from school yesterday so no more school runs to worry about for the summer! Just got to get through my work days and I will be ok :-)

I am just about to head out for lunch with the girls (gym buds and babes lol) I have really missed them. I wasn't going to go but I am feeling ok and we got to have something to look forward to during this healing process eh! Another day, another bit of binder hiding with yet another playsuit! I am so glad this is the fashion right now as they are so comfortable and very covering, I love them! Here's to a good afternoon! :-)

Looking flat!

Morning RS'ers. Had a lovely lunch with the girls yesterday, food was amaizing, totally stuffed my face with a 3 course meal! Was sad to be the only one not enjoying a lovely glass of pink champagne but there will be other lunch dates! Got in and crashed afterwards with the help of some codeine, 4 hours sitting in a binder is not ideal! Had a totally insomniac nights sleep as a result, so feel less than human this morning! Decided to take some pics this morning with binder off before the swelling sets in! Down to 8st 4oz on the scales now. Unreal considering what I ate yesterday! You can see from where I replaced the dressings the bb is off centre. I am hoping this pans out ok because I would not like to have a correction procedure. Anyway rant over, hope you all have a lovely day!

More binder hiding!

For those unfortunate enough to have to endure the binder, here's another binder hiding outfit. Got my high waisted denim shorts on and a loose shirt which I have tied at my waist.
Did a fair bit of cleaning and sorting today of our play room (it was a tip with way too many toys!). Had to lay down for a bit afterwards as my back was sore. Managed to mislay my codeine somewhere so not had any proper pain meds for more than 24 hours now (probably why I am slightly grumpy lol!). Boredom is really starting to set in now. I really miss the gym, all this laying down has meant my booty has joined the flat side also :-( going to be toning that up ASAP! Miss work and work colleagues. Just having one of those days I guess. Kids have all been really good today, helping with the sorting. Can't complain really! Just wish I could go out and enjoy the lovely sunshine!

Belly button update!

Just took the little dressing off to change it and check bb.....it looks gross! Pretty much a slit with sutures. Took the little stuffed in, bit of gauze out to check the inside of my bb and at the moment I am not sure what it's going to turn out like. It doesn't look pretty and round like other ladies bb's. I was also a bit disappointed to see some big stretch marks either side of bb, so I will still have those crashing my bikini party :-(
It's also still very much a lefty bb.
I am definitely not in love with it yet. It does need cleaning up though as it's covered in that brown cleaning solution from surgery. Friday the sutures come out so fingers crossed it looks like a happier bb then! It's so numb around it too, feels really bizarre not to have any feeling in my bb what so ever :-/ most disconcerting! Anyway Realselfers here it is.....

Period URGHHHH!

So damned period FINALLY decided to show up yesterday 10 days late! Having surgery really messes with your cycle huh! I knew my back had been killing me but assumed it was the surgery (WRONG!) it was the dreaded Aunt Flo all along! Needless to say I was cramping up bad wearing the binder so it had to come off and some ibuprofen had to go down! I wore my spanx after that for most of the day which were nice and comfy. I had to take the kids to the dentist yesterday so I drove for the first time post surgery. It was fine and no bother at all. I took all 4 kids to pizzahut afterwards for a summer holidays treat and they were very good! I was a bit swollen when I got home so put the binder back on and laid down. I am loving the fact that usually I would look 6 months pregnant at this time of the month and I would gain 4lbs in water weight, but I look normal and flat now! Maybe slightly swollen on the lower belly but otherwise FLAT! I hope you are enjoying your day ladies. It's another hot day here! Day 12 pictures going up, excuse the horrible period pants (they are supposed to be that colour but they ugly!) then there's the spanx! :-)

New CG arrived....too big! :-(

Morning Real selfers :-)
Well my new MACOM compression garment arrived today, I was hoping to get some relief from the horrible binder. The CG is lovely, feels so nice on my skin and looks pretty but....it's too big!!! :-( I bought it in a size small going by their sizing guide. Should have got an XS as it is almost gaping round the back and it's on the last set of hooks. The only place it's providing any compression is my lower abdomen due to being on my period and swollen! I've got another slightly different one coming in the same size and now going to have to send them both back :-(
Rubbish!!!

Stitches out!

Hi RSers, well my stitches came out earlier and I just had my long awaited post surgery shower! Like have to apologise in advance because the pictures are not aesthetically pleasing at all. So my bb looks better than I thought it would (although it's still over to the left and quite noticeably so). It's supposed to be round but it's not very inny, so I might have to try and put a marble in it or something. The main scar looks absolutely awful. I was actually quite shocked at how bad the pleating was along it. I don't know why I didn't think there would be pleating but there is a whole bunch of it. One side is much worse than the other, with a much deeper pleat. I am so worried about this, I can't see it healing straight or flat. My stretchmarks also look quite big now, when they were quite small before. What made me the most upset was my daughter came in and saw it and she said how awful it looks and how it looked better before. :-( I know I have a lot of healing to do. Just feeling quite sad right now at the state of it.

Made it to two weeks PO!

So I made it 2 weeks out. Walking pretty straight now, evening time when I'm swollen I will walk a little more hunched but otherwise good. Really looking forward to being able to exercise again although will have to take it super easy to start with. Back to work next week. Actually looking forward to not sitting around most of the day but not looking forward to the swelling after working a long day shift. Started to massage my scar yesterday, have to do this daily with bio-oil according to PS nurse. Will start with the silicone tape next week hopefully when all the scabs have gone. Fingers crossed there is lots of improvement with the scar but not at all hopeful about my right hip! Will update again next week. Got this little number when I was out in town :-) won't get worn to the beach etc until next year but it was nice to have a preliminary look lol!
Dr A.O.Groblaar

Although on a small island with little choice in surgeon, I am glad I had Dr. Groblaar. He is very down to earth and normal and his team provide a very personal experience and remember your name and face etc, it's really lovely! I did feel a little rushed during consults resulting in me not really getting an answer to questions I had, but he was very reassuring and I knew to trust his judgement having done thousands of tummy tucks over the years. So far I really love my results!

I just read this one lady's review that said castor oil helped her pleats go down! :)
Will have to try this, just waiting for a few more scabs to heal so I can properly massage it. At the moment I am just prodding around the scabs lol! So glamorous!
Did you talk to your doctor about the pleats?
No I haven't said anything to him yet. Will wait until I see him in September (he works in London and only carries out surgery on the island every 3 months). Hopefully it's not an issue by then, but if the pleats are still there I will be requesting scar revision. :-)
You look beautiful. It's amazing how, in the begging our bodies change so much.
Thank you so much, that's very kind. :-)
Hardest part is the slow recovery process. As women we are so easy to look at the negative. Sounds cliche but be patient. your results look amazing. Look how far you have come! Little by little everything will smooth out and fade. Have a great weekend Hun :)
You are so right, I am super critical of myself and my body. I guess when you live your life at such an energetic pace, a slow recovery is tough lol. Hope you are feeling better with each day, enjoy the rest of your weekend too! :-)
http://tarahcarr.com/update/the-complete-mommy-makeover-from-start-to-now Check this lady's story out. ;)
Your shape is great! I honestly wouldn't be super worried about the pleating yet. I read a review the other day where a lady had pleating similar to yours and it straightened out. I can't for the life of me find it now, but I'll keep looking for it. You've still got lots of healing to do. The hardest part now is the waiting. :)
Thanks hun, just read that ladies blog. Amaizing difference from the start to six months out. Like you say it's just a waiting game. :-)
Wow! You have a gorgeous hourglass shape now! I think your scar will smooth out too. There are plenty of women on here who've posted the pleated looking photos and it's amazing how much it flattened out after a couple of months.
Thank you so much, keeping my fingers crossed it works itself out. :-)
I think it just needs more healing. You still have a lIttle swelling I think. Once your insides reattach from the tuck it will most likely even out and the playing will chill. I had parts on my csection scar and that was just in april and the pleats are gone and acsection isn't quit as evasive in my opinion as a tummy tuck so I would just give it some time. I think you look great :) some day stores will fill in the stretch marks pretty soon but I would try some of that Maderma stretchmark cream
I meant to say the pleating will chill
Thanks Candi, I know it's still very early days in the healing process. I am starting scar massage now so fingers crossed it helps smooth the pleats. Using bio-oil for this as it was recommended by the PS nurse. I have also been using it on the stretch marks. It's only my right hip I am worried about as there is a big deep pleat and a knobbly bunched bit on my hip :-/ only time will tell I guess.
Looking great!
You look so great! :)
I can't tell u enough how great u look!!! So happy for u
You too hun :-)
You look amazing. I hope my recovery will be just as good. Thank you for sharing your journey. My tt in 2 days and I'm all over this site reading and it has helped a lot with my anxiety. You are a great inspiration. Thanks again.
Thanks Ani, it's great to know this review is helping other ladies with their TT journey. It's totally normal to feel anxious, I didn't sleep for 2 nights prior to my surgery and I worked 2 long days from 7.30am-9pm before the day of my surgery which kept my mind occupied! Good luck with your TT tomorrow, it will go great! I look forward to seeing you on the flat side! :-)
That will teach you for peeking at it;) I didn't look at mine until stitches were removed so I can't comment on what you are seeing now. The stitches will be holding it all a certain way though and as I said before the binder pulls it into strange contortions. My experience has been that the bb took longer to heal than the main incision and that when Took photos of it and magnified the pictures the deepest part of it looked yellow and fatty and it is only now that I am seeing where some of the stitching was-due to the scar now beginning to form (raised and red) this is weeks behind the main tt incision. I should really be massaging it now but I can't bring myself to-do it lol (strong ad version to bb's) Give it time.
Thanks for the advice hun, I also dislike bb's do massaging it (especially when it's numb) will just be bizarre! Have you got sensation back around yours yet?
I have maintained sensation to the top and both sides of it, it is just the bit underneath that is numb still. Bb feels a lot tighter now and I feel like it has shrunk too. I. will take some pictures later with the raised scarring. Your pleasing should flatten out with time so don't panic!!