A Waste of Money - Jenkintown, PA

I had a neck lift a little over 3 weeks ago. The...

I had a neck lift a little over 3 weeks ago. The doctor I went to claims to be such a good doctor, he stinks.. I went into surgery and came out with 2 drains and a head wrap. The following day it seemed as if the left drain was not working. I was told to wait until day 2 to come in. I was completely bruised from the jaw line to the bottom of my breast. I had the drains removed and came home.and was to go back in a week. I had 2 tubular lumps on each side of my neck in the middle.. I was told to massage the right side. After this visit I started noticing 3 lines in the middle towards the top of my neck going up like a smile just on the right side which got worse each day, Looks like he pulled that side to tight. I kind of started to panic but waited until my 3 week visit. The doctor shrugged it off and tried to say that I had wrinkles that he just pulled them up. Also he said that my neck looks better than it did. It does not and he offered no solution or advice and did not offer to fix it. If it can be fixed. My skin is also very crepe. Also the right ear is dented and the earring in that ear does not sit properly. The left ear is attached to my face. Doctors please inform me what happened to my neck and ear and what if anything can be done to fix this. Thank You.

Doctor ruined my neck and jawline

I am age 50. It is just over 6 weeks and my neck keeps getting worse on the right side. I have at least 9 wrinkles there now and still crepe. The center is now wrinkled with crepe skin also. My chin is lumpy and dented on the right side and has wrinkles and does not match the left side. I cannot believe that I paid a doctor all that money to make my neck look this bad. I cannot believe that he would even want this to be his work. Some kind of mistake was made during the surgery and now I am walking around like this. With an 86% satisfaction rating it is hard to believe that I would be in the 14% not satisfied and very messed up. I hope when I go back in a month that he offers to fix it at no charge or gives me my money back. I should not have to pay for a neck that looks like this!!

Minor Revision under Local Anesthesia

I went to the doctor 4 days ago at exactly 18 weeks post op. He was to correct the chin area with liposuction under local anesthesia. He also tried to fix the right side by cutting off some skin and putting stitches behind the ear and possibly some in the scalp. He does not think that it will help the right side but did it anyway. He told me not to worry if the ear was not sitting properly as he will fix it. As of today the right ear is sitting 1/2 inch lower than the left. I am not going to worry about it because he will fix it. The right side still has some wrinkles and crepe skin that continues to the center of the neck. It looks a little better than the picture posted above, taken at 6 weeks post op. I have some bruising and a little swelling so hopefully this will straighten out soon. After that he did liposuction of the chin area which was filled with water. I am currently wearing a chin strap 24 hours a day, just taking it off for showers. The chin area looks better but still has more skin on the left side than the right. It will possibly straighten itself out after the swelling goes down. The entire procedure took about an hour. I was able to go to the doctor by myself and drive myself home because he used local anesthesia. I will post new pictures and re rate the doctor in about a month.

Large Scar After 2nd Minor Revision

I went back in for a minor revision 12 days ago at 13 weeks post revision. I had excess skin under the chin mostly on the left side and some on the right. The doctor removed the excess skin under local anesthesia and now I have a large scar under my chin which I am very self conscious about. I was not aware at the time that I would have this large scar under my chin. If the neck lift was done properly the first time the excess skin would have been removed then and pulled in front or behind my ears, avoiding this large scar. So far this neck lift has taken 7 months. As I thought the doctor did not fix my ear that is a 1/2 inch lower on the right side than the left. This happened after the 1st revision when he lowered the skin on the right side and that lowered the position of the ear. It is very noticeable to me as I have matching earrings at the top of my ears that no longer match. I will update again in about 2 months.

Finally Finshed With This Doctor

I had a follow up appointment with the doctor in February, so he could see the damaging scar he made on my chin. They cancelled the appointment claiming a black out. They never called to reschedule. I am glad so that he can cause no further scarring or damage to this awful neck lift. To bad I did not get my money back. Will update with further information in about a month.
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Wow, you know, I wish there could have been a better end to this story. I hope this heals and that the scar isn't too bad. I feel for you. I have had a difficult time myself...not the doctors fault, my saliva glands never went down due to illness.
Hi Mylady: How are you? Your neck looks really nice. Quite an improvement. People are actually asking me what happened to my chin. It is so embarrassing. My neck does not look good either and is not an improvement. I should have just demanded my money back after the first goof. Instead now I have the neck, ear and chin problem. I will update further in another month.
Hi there! Thanks for thinking of me. I feel like I have learned so much since the journey began. Once the fat was stripped off the saliva glands showed up as big swelled glands that turned out to be an autoimmune disease. I knew they were swelled...but I looked froggish and my doc would never have put Sjogrens together with tht swelling, it was always sinus . Now I have wrinkling in the mid neck under the chin...I hope when the submandibular gland swelling does finally go away the neck doesn't look wrinkled and loose. One can pray and live one day at a time. I spent a lot of money on this surgery and I want it perfect. How are you feeling and doing? I have my friends on here...and you are one of the longest. Take care and stay happy.
Hi MyLady: That is ashame about your autoimmune disease. I saw the little bit of lines you are talking about. They are hardly noticeable. I know how you feel about the money. The cost is insane! Everything should be perfect after putting out that much money. Hopefully your neck will improve after the swelling goes down. I think your neck looks great. I will continue to follow.
I'm so glad that you were able to find another doctor to help you. Please keep us posted as you heal...sounds very promising so far. Good for you!!
Hi Faith: I hope you are doing well. I have finally read your reviews and am sorry you had a terrible experience as well. I did not find another doctor to help me yet. I gave all my money to this doctor expecting great results. Three times and something bad happened each time. This large scar is visible and should not have been done on my face. Hope you get a great doctor to help you with the mistakes your doctor made.
I see. Hopefully the scar will fade enough so its not noticable. I'm so sorry for all your suffering. Thank you for your kind words.
Just took a closer look at your scar...wow...that is a big one. I'm sorry :(
Hi Faith2012: I know right? What kind of doctor does that to somebody? The scar should have been behind my ears, if done properly.
I hope that this will resolve the issue for you. You really have had a time with this. The scar could be treated with laser treatment. I wish you the best.
Hi Lilt: I have not heard from you in a long time. I see you had your surgery and am glad everything went well. I have not seen the doctor after the last revision with the last scar. I do not believe he will be doing anything else, especially anything to help with the scar. He thinks the scar cannot be seen because it is under the chin. If you stand above anybody sitting it can be seen. You can also see it from a side view. Makeup just sinks in and makes it looks worse. I did have quite an ordeal because of this doctor and if in the future I decide to do anything else I will know better.
Maybe you should take him to court. I am going to do but only with Dr. taranto. I have seen his results on many of my friends and I know he is good. I am so sorry for your results. The pain and all the time and money you put into and some DRs have no concience. It is disgusting how sone take your money, do a bad job and do not care. I hope you will get it corrected.
Hi ap515: Thanks so much. I am hoping when I go in next time he does it right but I doubt it. I am almost positive that he will not be fixing my ear that is a 1/2 inch lower on the right than left. I am sure that that really is not so hard to do. I am disgusted that it will be taking over 7 months to have my neck done. As for the money it took me years to save and to him it is pennies. I will know better next time.
Hello - My Dr. has been putting me off as well...I have an appt @ the end of next month & will likely have to get a revision. One side is higher than the other, the incision under my chin is crooked. Hopefully your situation has improved. Good luck
Hi Rio287: I have read your review and am sorry to hear you are having a problem as well. My situation has not improved and that is why I have not updated my review. I will be going in for a 2nd revision next month. I have excess skin on my left side, chin, and some on the right. The doctor will correct this then. As for my ear the doctor claims that I misunderstood him and as far as I know he will not be fixing it. The right ear is a 1/2 inch lower than the left side. I am very disgusted and embarrassed to go around like this. I will update again after 2nd revision.
My doc is an ear, nose and throat doc, and a dentist and a facial reconstructive surgeon. Board certified..and did a beautiful job. He knows the anatomy and knew about my salivary glands being swollen cause I have Sjorgrens disease...dry eyes, dry mouth. I used to say I look like a frog! Anyway, my neck looks beautiful..except for my swollen glands which I am hoping go down. Maybe you should look for a reconstructive surgeon who only does faces. I searched...one doc said he could do my bat wings and my face all at once. Whe I saw his wife I ran out...he made her look hideous!
Hi Mylady: I just read your review and your neck looks wonderful. I will know better next time. I thought this doctor was competent. Next time I will only use a doctor that specializes in face and neck. R1
Wishing you the best.
Hi FSRB: Thank you very much.
Good luck..I had my neck lift with lipo one week ago tomorrow and am very bruised, still can't get the caked on blood all the way clean and my right side of my neck is swollen, as I look like I went into an airbag. I have a small bald patch behind one ear...but I'm optimistic that will grow back. Keep up with the updates!
Hi Hunterharley; Thank you for responding. I will keep up with the updates. I remember when I was 1 week and swollen, that is when you cannot see if anything is wrong because you are swollen. I started seeing things wrong at 3 weeks, but 86% are satisfied with this procedure. I still am not satisfied with the way my neck and chin look but I hope it will straighten out within the next several weeks. If it does not I will see what I need to do next. Currently it looks better than it did, but it is not to my satisfaction.
I R1 - I hope you are happier with your outcome now. I can relate with you. I too went to this doctor and from all my research thought he was the best, but I had a horrible outcome with my procedures as well - I would never recommend him to anyone. I hope things turn out well for you - even if you have to go to another doctor. Good Luck
Hi bd29: I am so happy to hear from another person who went to this doctor. Sorry you had a bad outcome as well. I looked for a review from you and did not see one. I hope you actually rated this doctor so people who read realself have more information. What procedures did you have? I am not any happier with the chin liposuction done in his office. I still have the same or more of a pouch than I had. In fact I called last week to see if I should still wear the chin strap because of the pouch when the doctor was in. They put me through to his assistant who said to wear it because it cannot hurt anything. I am going back to the doctor next week and will post pictures and update.
I am so happy for you, R1 that you found someone in Mexico to give you what you needed. It is such a difficult process to find a skilled doctor.
Hi Lilt: How are you? I am not sure what happened but it is Floridakat52 that went to Mexico to have her surgeries done. I did go to the doctor yesterday and had a minor revision under local anesthesia. I will be updating my review over the next few days.