A Waste of Money - Jenkintown, PA

I had a neck lift a little over 3 weeks ago. The...

I had a neck lift a little over 3 weeks ago. The doctor I went to claims to be such a good doctor, he stinks.. I went into surgery and came out with 2 drains and a head wrap. The following day it seemed as if the left drain was not working. I was told to wait until day 2 to come in. I was completely bruised from the jaw line to the bottom of my breast. I had the drains removed and came home.and was to go back in a week. I had 2 tubular lumps on each side of my neck in the middle.. I was told to massage the right side. After this visit I started noticing 3 lines in the middle towards the top of my neck going up like a smile just on the right side which got worse each day, Looks like he pulled that side to tight. I kind of started to panic but waited until my 3 week visit. The doctor shrugged it off and tried to say that I had wrinkles that he just pulled them up. Also he said that my neck looks better than it did. It does not and he offered no solution or advice and did not offer to fix it. If it can be fixed. My skin is also very crepe. Also the right ear is dented and the earring in that ear does not sit properly. The left ear is attached to my face. Doctors please inform me what happened to my neck and ear and what if anything can be done to fix this. Thank You.

Doctor ruined my neck and jawline

I am age 50. It is just over 6 weeks and my neck keeps getting worse on the right side. I have at least 9 wrinkles there now and still crepe. The center is now wrinkled with crepe skin also. My chin is lumpy and dented on the right side and has wrinkles and does not match the left side. I cannot believe that I paid a doctor all that money to make my neck look this bad. I cannot believe that he would even want this to be his work. Some kind of mistake was made during the surgery and now I am walking around like this. With an 86% satisfaction rating it is hard to believe that I would be in the 14% not satisfied and very messed up. I hope when I go back in a month that he offers to fix it at no charge or gives me my money back. I should not have to pay for a neck that looks like this!!

Minor Revision under Local Anesthesia

I went to the doctor 4 days ago at exactly 18 weeks post op. He was to correct the chin area with liposuction under local anesthesia. He also tried to fix the right side by cutting off some skin and putting stitches behind the ear and possibly some in the scalp. He does not think that it will help the right side but did it anyway. He told me not to worry if the ear was not sitting properly as he will fix it. As of today the right ear is sitting 1/2 inch lower than the left. I am not going to worry about it because he will fix it. The right side still has some wrinkles and crepe skin that continues to the center of the neck. It looks a little better than the picture posted above, taken at 6 weeks post op. I have some bruising and a little swelling so hopefully this will straighten out soon. After that he did liposuction of the chin area which was filled with water. I am currently wearing a chin strap 24 hours a day, just taking it off for showers. The chin area looks better but still has more skin on the left side than the right. It will possibly straighten itself out after the swelling goes down. The entire procedure took about an hour. I was able to go to the doctor by myself and drive myself home because he used local anesthesia. I will post new pictures and re rate the doctor in about a month.

Large Scar After 2nd Minor Revision

I went back in for a minor revision 12 days ago at 13 weeks post revision. I had excess skin under the chin mostly on the left side and some on the right. The doctor removed the excess skin under local anesthesia and now I have a large scar under my chin which I am very self conscious about. I was not aware at the time that I would have this large scar under my chin. If the neck lift was done properly the first time the excess skin would have been removed then and pulled in front or behind my ears, avoiding this large scar. So far this neck lift has taken 7 months. As I thought the doctor did not fix my ear that is a 1/2 inch lower on the right side than the left. This happened after the 1st revision when he lowered the skin on the right side and that lowered the position of the ear. It is very noticeable to me as I have matching earrings at the top of my ears that no longer match. I will update again in about 2 months.

Finally Finshed With This Doctor

I had a follow up appointment with the doctor in February, so he could see the damaging scar he made on my chin. They cancelled the appointment claiming a black out. They never called to reschedule. I am glad so that he can cause no further scarring or damage to this awful neck lift. To bad I did not get my money back. Will update with further information in about a month.

Patient Reviews and Recommendations

On Dr. Bruce Genters website he has a list of patient reviews and recommendations from real self. On this list only 8 out of 11 from real self are listed, only the good ones. Mine was listed up until about April 26, 2014, but at the bottom, even though it was one of the newer ones. On or about April 26, 2014 I updated my review and suddenly the doctor name disappeared from my review showing as only Bruce. I then checked the doctor website and noticed my review had disappeared. One of the only reasons I am updating this review is to warn people about this doctor before they have problems like I have. I have been in contact with support about this problem and they have added the doctors full name to the review and it is still not showing up on his website. I do not think that the doctor should be able to advertise real self reviews and only show the review where his rating is good . He should have to show all or none.

Surgery Center Room

Almost 1 year later and still ripped off $6,500. I believe that the reason my neck looks like this is because of the surgery center room used for my surgery. The surgery center room was so small that I was squeezed in diagonally. I was pushed in and the gurney was actually tilted. That was the only way it would fit. Every inch of the room was taken. At my head on the right side, not even an inch away, was the anesthesiologist and his equipment. The left side of the room only had enough room for the doctor to stand. He could only work from the left side of the room as the entire right side was taken by the anesthesiologist. Hence the messed up right side of my neck! I paid for a full neck lift with liposuction of the chin area. I now have a neck and chin that looks worse than before paid surgery. The entire neck lift should have been redone at no charge, or I should have received my money back. Instead he did 2 terrible minor revisions in his office. That was the cheapest way out for him. This has left me with a messed up neck, a right ear a 1/2 an inch lower than the left and very large, noticeable scar under my chin.
Abington Plastic Surgeon

This doctor is only after your money.