CO2 Laser (At the Power of 8) for Forehead - Jakarta, Indonesia

Before I did the CO2 laser, I had done about 7...

Before I did the CO2 laser, I had done about 7 Erbium laser for my face, and while I had seen positive improvements on my cheeks, jaws, chin and nose, I was not happy with the result shown on my forehead because the doctors who did the Erbium laser intentionally did only one quick pass on my forehead because they feared that I would feel extra discomfort because the forehead skin is thinner.

So, I went to another doctor to get CO2 for my forehead only. Yes, the some skin clinics in Jakarta provide service for forehead only or one-cheek only. I like the idea of doing only forehead because I actually was scared of CO2 ablative laser.
Two weeks before the treatment, I had to apply some morning and night creams religiously (but I didn't).
After disapearing for two weeks, I went back to the clinic and they performed the standard procedure: They cleaned my face and applied the numbing cream before the treatment.

My doctor told me that she used only 'power of 8' instead of the usual 10 because I repeatedly told her that I was scared of CO2 laser.

During the procedure, I didn't feel anything. One hour afterward, my forehead felt really hot and really red and my forehead skin felt very dry, almost papery. I didn't wash my forehead for two days. On the 4th day, the old skin started to peel-off and in the 6th day, I had a new, fresh, tight, young, glowing skin. Gone were the loose skin and the lines on my forehead.
I was so happy with the result that I immediately had the same treatment for my left cheek, and had the same positive result. I will do the same on my right cheek after I do 5-sessions of dermaroller (another review on this).

Note: Don't be surprised on the price. Skin clinic is a new 'trend' in Jakarta in the past 10 years and many come in form of chain clinics employing young skin doctors (aged about 30 - 40), mostly female. The huge volume (there are about 500,000 women in the greater Jakarta area who can afford going to skin clinic regularly) that provides the economies of scale (hence drives the cost down), and there are more than 50 reputable clinics in the city that compete attract the women (hence drives the price down).
Great to hear you had such awesome results you went back for more!! Did you take before and after pictures?
Specifically for the CO2 laser, I dont have the before picture. I have the 'before' picture from a long time ago before I undergone the series of treatment I have had for troubled skin: 11 sessions of dermaroller, 2 session of laser to get rid of some dark spots, several sessions of accupunture, and 8 sessions of erbium laser. As for the 'after' picture, I can take it next week because I just had a session of Erbium laser last week and my face is still a bit pinkish. But then they are not the picture of pure CO2. I will put up all pictures I have and put some notes on them.
Thanks! Feel free to show the picture that shows the healing process (pinkish skin) as that paints a picture of the process.

What do you think of the Dermaroller?  I have been considering buying one.

Photos

This is the picture of my left cheek before CO2.

Left cheek - about one week after CO2

Notice that while the scars are still there, they are less deep and the skin is smoother.
I have to compare it to today's condition (about 2 weeks after the procedure). Will take the picture tomorrow morning under natural light.
Did you suppose to write $300 instead of 30? You have dermarolled 2 a half years, you think that's worth? Why don't you just let your skin for some time and see the effect dermaroller whether it is permanent or totally bs. I still see your scars but overall the skin tone is much better after CO2 laser. Did you doctor tell you dermaroller is better than CO2 laser? I heard laser gives more tiny holes so it can be said much better than conventional device like dermaroller?
No, I meant USD30 (thirty) or 33 (in today's exchange rate) because it was only for the forehead area. They charge USD120 for the whole face. There are two other clinic chains that charge USD280 or USD660 per treatment, but I didn't go there. I have dermarolled for 12 times in the past 3 and a half years. They did help reduce the size of the scars though haven't eliminated it completely. The first 5 dermaroller, I did more than 3 years ago during a 4-month period and I stopped for more than 6 months. During the 6 months, I noticed that though the improvement was small, it is permanent. My doctor didn't tell me that dermaroller was better than CO2. It was quite the opposite, but I was scared of CO2 because of the severe negative results of some unsuccessful procedures reported by other writers on this site, especiall the SARS infection, hence I view dermaroller less risky. I did find that the 'volume' of my forehead skin has reduced significantly after the fractional CO2 that healed in just one week, and the result has been permanent. I plan to 'close' the chapter of all of these skin treatments in three month-time with one procedure of fractional CO2 for all of my facial skin, and afterthat I can enjoy showing off my youthful skin using only sun-block cream.
I am glad for you. The texture on your cheeks(s) look much like that of my own. How long did it take for the redness and peeling to come to an end?
Natasha Skin Center