Couldn't Be Happier - Jacksonville, FL

I am 25 years old and I have been looking into...

I am 25 years old and I have been looking into this type of procedure for years now. I was a over-weight child and had done some major damage(stretch marks) to my body at a young age. At my heaviest (weighed) weight I was 203lbs. I am now (before the procedure) 145lbs and I had a quite few problem areas. It seemed no matter how much weight I lost or gained my flanks, upper and lower abdomen stayed the same.

What I was looking for is just to be able to wear jeans or a dress with no under-garments.

If you are looking into something like this for yourself I would highly recommend it. I have a higher tolerance for pain then most but there is some minor discomforts during the procedure. You are "put under" for the most part but the the only thing for me was the reality of the situation. Otherwise you are very relaxed, the most you will feel is some heavy pinching.

I actually found my surgeon through this website. I live in Savannah, GA now but I have lived in Rhode Island my whole life. How I found my doctor was a story from someone who had lived in MA and made her appointment in FL. I am still 2 hours away from Jacksonville and threw e-mails I made my appointment.

My doctor and her staff made it easy for me to make my appointment long distance. Everyone as a whole was very knowledgeable about the procedure, most of everyone already had either this procedure or one just like it. From not knowing anyone and only being in town for a couple of days they really made me feel comfortable, or what we would describe in the south as true southern hospitality.

It is exactly one week after my surgery and I couldn't be happier. Already I can see major changes, while I am still very swollen the major changes is in how my clothes fit. I am really looking forward to the final results and I cannot wait!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

If anyone has any question please feel free to ask!

If anyone has any question please feel free to ask!

I still have soreness here and there, but only if I push or hit it really hard. It's only been four months but I will update my photos within the next couple days. It's a big different from my last set.
How long did the soreness last ?
I was operated on my upper & lower abdomen, flanks/ lower back.

It has been a one year and a month since my...

It has been a one year and a month since my surgery. On surgery day I weighed about 147 pounds, I am 5'4. Today I am between 130-135 (those darn 5 pounds), I am still extremely happy with my decision. While I will never be perfect, I feel much more comfortable in my own skin.

I do have some areas in my mid-section and lower ab's I would like to have smoothed out, eventually. I recently moved back to the north-east and it would be difficult for me to make it back to Florida anytime soon.

When I look at these before photos, to me, I don't see myself anymore. I wonder why I did not do this sooner.

Hi there...ty for posting so long after ur procedure...it gives hope to us still waiting on results..how long would u say it took for ur FINAL result...the whole year...I am 20 wks out and stillnot loving my stomach...dr will not do touch up till a full year...thanks...Sharon
I would wait the full year, there may be things that bother you now, but will heal. The doctor knows where he/she worked on and has a better idea of what the final result will be. I don't think I really began to see the final result until about 9-11 months. It is hard to notice something that is so gradual, especially when it is yourself. This past summer May (5mo)- August (8mo), I was still very much bloated. After 3 weeks there were such major changes already, but where I am now I feel the extra few months made a difference. I myself have an area of concern and I had a few at first, but all seemed to have flattened out. I have read some horror stories of bumpiness, but I am smooth. I have lost weight after the surgery and try to stick to the gym as much as possible (I am in my second semester of college).
THANKS R3D for getting back to me...dont get me wrong...if you look at my pic's I have come A LONG WAY....and happy I did it...just hate the protruding upper belly...I know the dr is right and he is so awesome and puts up with my and my emails and texts and has my best interest at heart...the waiting really BITES...lol...Take care hun and thanks again!! Sharon
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Please read above for explaination.