Midlife Crisis - Jacksonville, FL

My tummy tuck surgery is scheduled for November...

My tummy tuck surgery is scheduled for November 21st. I've been working a crazy amount of overtime. I've got so much to do but, it's probably a good thing, it helps keeps me from worrying so much. I have read every inch of this forum. If someone has suggested an item for being helpful, I've got it. Brand new recliner and so forth. This forum has been utterly helpful.

I'm 51 years old, mother of three sons and one daughter. My daughter is the youngest, 15 years old. She is going to be my helper during recovery. My husband works out of state and is unable to come home. I have really mixed emotions about that. When I'm scared, I wish he was going to be here. He's certainly my rock. However, A part of me wants to spare the newness of the incision and surprise him with my new look.

I kind of have been doing a make-over that's long over due. On August 29th, I had a facelift, neck lift, brow lift, and breast which went from a "B" to a "D". This surgery was a long 10.5 hours. I will post before and after pictures just in case someone would like to see. Recovery from that was rather challenging,returned to work full time in 2 weeks. I work in a male environment so, I shared with most of them about the facelift. I knew that I wouldn't be capable of hiding the bruising,etc. It worked out great. They were so preoccupied with face and neck bruising. They didn't take notice of the breast implants. Mostly due to uniform but, I was glad to get to be discreet about that part. lol.

I just one day came up with this idea to do this make-over. Ran it by my husband and he was supportive. My main concern was I'm 7 years older than him and just want to stay looking his age. Being fifty hit me like a ton of bricks. I looked tired and angry. Face surgeries were awesome and my neck was just incredible. So I'm hoping that this tummy tuck goes as well. My P.S's work was completely amazing. I just jump into midlife crisis and I haven't got down to my ideal weight. My P.S isn't concerned, he said that the results should be fine. I didn't want to think to long about all of this or I wouldn't have spent the money on myself. I still have a hard time with that. My current weight is 180, yuck! :(

I adore my husband, turning 50 was almost about letting myself go. I decided to try for "HOT" one more time so, wish me luck! I am really looking forward to chatting and getting advice from all of you.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Im almost 11 weeks think thats huge in the healing.Ive really had it good in the pain department only time i really feel muscle repair is laughing hard coughing sneezing thank god i havent had a cold are you in compression garment thats like a girdle or binder. ive wore compression garment since i woke from surgery myra taled me into ordering binder that wraps around and velcros i added it to my girdle tight is the trick to excercing keeping the muscles secured tightly brought huge comfort in doing my elliptical.and no pain after wards you may nned little more healing time . its hard not to push forwards i know.My PS explained girdle binder helps with conturing giving the best flatest results dont plan to give mine up anytime soon. the best thing i did was make peace with mine actually ordered new one its on its way Ilove corresponding with people going through this. I dont feel so alone . I sat here typed and hour and half trying to update my forum and it just disappeared dang was just getting ready to take new pics for my forum guess ill have to type again
Thanks so much, I know I don't know what I would have done without this site, I feel as if I know everyone on this site, and have a personal connection with them..can't wait to see your new pics...
Im absoulutely doing fabulous .back to working out have an ellipitcal at my house struggling with the eating thing havent gained any weight but certainly would love to lose weight.still wearing girdle goes under my breast and to my thighs goes to my knees myra helped me find a wrap around binder that so helps sometimes like with shorts i wear only the binder and feel naked lol.going to update my forum and add some pics just stay busy around the house. thanks so much how are you doing degee
Glad to know you are doing good my TT friend, I am doing good, but I have my days when I get so "down" I am almost 6 weeks PO and still kinda swoolen, some days I love looking at my tummy, but some days "no" When did you start working out, or did you, my PS said I could get on the tread mill, I did for 7 mins one day the next day I was in so much pain, I so, so miss doing my yoga, but I know I have to wait...I am still wearing my binder to, I can't go without it, I even wear it to bed, yep I feel naked without it...LOL
How are you doing, hope all is well
Thx p. Granny
He prescribed cephalexin 500mg to take 4 x times a day. I will keep an eye on it. It looks like a red rash. I have my garment on but not covrri g it letting it air with the bacitricum on it. Praying to god it get better before monday because i go back to work and eventhough it isnt anything big just the thought clothes on it for 8 hr has me stressed. But i will keep u post and take pics
Aww im happy you good. Was concerned you hqvent blogged. Well im good. Saw ps today steri strip never fell off so ps removed them but it seems that when he removed them there was a superficial skin infection. He said nothing to it but put me on 5 day regimen of antibiotics and have me puting antiobiotoc on the incision. My incision nice thin and low just the two tiny area of redness. Otherwisw good. Im still getting those backaches in the middle of the night ughh just need to take advil or motrin. Dont know why i still have them im pretty much straight. My stamina is limited ive been out two days shoppi g but by the time i get home im exhausted And go straight to bed. I keep saying it due time im only 15 days po so i will be patient and prAy this skin infection goes away.
Did u go back to work? How is your wound? I go back mondAy
Mayra-So sorry you have an infection. Hope you don't have to take that nasty Augmenten; it makes me nauseous & gives me diarrhea. Be sure to eat well before taking antibiotic with a full glass of water. Let its know how you are doing.
Have often wordered how your doing you were so kind in your post during my early recovery
Was thinking about you several times today went to Ps appointment yesterday took out final, huge stitch they called the anchor sticthe nothing to it. Now I don't go back for two months now. Feel the same drained not alot of stamina.how are you doing myra my friend
Tammy girl where are you? Just wondering How you are doing?
Great advice. Not taking garmet off also only for shower. Oh you have enticed me with the massage thing I'm so lost without guidance. Will try massaging .and I have some pineapple juice I'll drink that and get fresh pineapple tomorrow. I just stay concerned will be glad to get out of the danger zone. And clueless to what and when I'll be out of danger zone. Lol
Hi Tammy. Why does keeping the garment on help after a tummy tuck? Does it feel better with it on? Why? Does it protect? Does it diminish the pain?
I'm always concerned about danger zone. Girl I had my kids and his and crazy over the irritation of my drain area. It started to leak looking looking like pus it had me so stress caught a migraine over it. But Once I uncover it after the ps covered it and put bacitricum and slept with it uncover I woke up to a dry drain area the hole begAn to turn to a scab I was happy. Thank you Jesus.
Hi kathe
It helps with swell hell, it protects and for most of us it feels so good on makes u stronger. The short time I have it off for showering I'm scared Nd still not comfortable walking around with out it. The tighter u have it on the more it helps with swelling. And after the TT the goal is to keep the swelling down. What I do is with a marker is mark my binder to indicate that is the spot it was last at. That let's me know I'm tight or not and how much swelling I have for that day. It helps.
Hi Mayra.

'The danger zone.' lol That made me laugh.

Ah ok, so it keeps the swelling down and protects against anything hitting the area. Ok, sounds good.
my tammy girl,
I havent been experiencing swell hell as i expected. very minimal. The ps told me she was happy with the swelling not much. I dont take this binder off for nothing. I only remove it to shower. I am in it 23 hrs a day. I remove it to shower, then I lay on my bed to let the sutures and belly button dry I also use a bounty and tap the incision to dry it. Then I immediately put it back on. so its off literally less then one hr a day between showering and drying.
I also give myself massages over the binder. are you giving yourself massages? I cant wait until my stitches are off so i can really start going for my massages. Massages after a tummy tuck is highly recommended for swelling. so what i do is while i am watching TV i am rubbing my entire tummy not incision and gently massaging it. It feels soooooo good. Are you taking your vitamins? I also eat alot of pineapples its good for healing. I drink alot of water, seltzer.
As for eating and filling like thanksgiving full I also fill like that girl. I literally can not eat alot. I have yet to finish a whole meal. Eat what you can and listen to your body. Once you start to fill like you are full stop dont continue it will just make you feel gross and too uncomfortable. while you are eating very little let it be healthy and take vitamins. I am currently taking the Naturemade Multi complete vitamins. it has alot of vitamins especially A,C and Zinc.
I think I'm doing amazing but stamina is low meaning up puttering around after hour or so I get big tightened of my ABS.not pain but you definitely know it's time to rest. So I got kinda scared and took another week off of work. So feeling alot better about new date
I totally understand Tammy I am also worried I won't be able to return to work on the 12th. Since surgery I've only gone to my PO appts and that was go in car out of car into the ps office sit be seen and back to carbthen home. So I ready didn't feel exhausted. But today I told my husband I needed air so he took me to CVS. Can I tell you he parked across the street from CVS having me to cross big blvd go inside shop around a few things and wait for medicine and can I tell you I had to tell my husband ok I gotta go home I'm exhausted and back was on fire.
I came home and can I tell u i just sat on my sofa and did nothing. I then ate lunch and napped for 2 hrs. REALLY? Ughh I can't believe that was alot for me. I'm such an active person. But i am praying to god my stamina will change by then. If these backaches would disSappear i would have no complaints. So Tammy I totally understand.
Overall we are doing well.
Myra my friend .....what about swelling I've got more today than usual. Feeling quite like an ugly duckling. Lol. Eating this is really strange everytime I eat its like I'm Thanksgiving full.I'm eating very little think this is playing a roll in swelling slash maybe bloat. Not doing much at all.
Tammy so happy to hear you & your dog are doing better!! You look great! Can't wait to hear how the back to work thing goes-I'm scheduled for the 22nd & back to work Jan 2nd! May need a miracle here...but at least I have a 'desk job' so hopefully it'll be doable (Necessity is the Mother of Invention after all-lol!:p)
Home from doctor all staples removed drain removed go back next Monday to get anchor sticth removed. I had about 70 staples. Not bad drain didn't even feel it. Now I have to get stamina back up the next week
Omg I'm so happy for you especially not feeling the drains. I hope I don't either. Well right now tammy girl don't over do it keep resting and eat right take vitamins c. I'm so happy for you.
I'm going to PS office tomorrow. Kinda excited to see about my incision I truly think its doing great just want to hear it from him. Drain has been no problem maybe because I have only one. Very little drainage past few days. Let you know what he says
Keep me posted. I go back Tuesday. I'm a little scared I have two drains one of which looks very irritated and sensitive to the touch. At the root of it where the stitch is had dry blood and when it moves it hurts.
Basically i want these suckers off. LoL
Keep me posted