Help!!! - Jacksonville, FL

Hi everyone I just couldn't help but join in...

Hi everyone I just couldn't help but join in the chat. I have made the decision to have tummy tuck after having my daughter 4 years ago. I had preeclampsia so I gained about sixty pounds lost most of it gained it back because of stress and bc (I'm assuming ) But that's not the problem. The problem is I have met with 2 plastic surgeons 1 I really
like feel real comfortable with he is a guy the other is a woman I don't feel as comfortable with and she has only been doing it 4 years and really young but she is cheaper. What Should I do

Fl sunshine, good luck on your surgery, I
bet you are nervous. I'm Sooooo excited
for you. I'm thinking of scheduling my
surgery for April 28 but nothing definite
yet. Keep me posted please on everything
pain, length of surgery etc
Hi Mrs D, I am scheduled for the procedure on 03/11/11 AND I am in the Jacksonville FL area! I'm super excited but getting a little nervous as the time draws near. Good Luck!!!
Fl sunshine I hope your surgery went well today. I wanted to know who performed your surgery and to inform everyone I finally booked an official date April 25 @ 8
I'm very excited.
Thanks angiemcc I plan to keep everyone
up 2 date with my journey. I hope 2 have
the surgery march 10. As always thanks
for commenting.

Hi Mrs. D!

I'm glad you came to RealSelf for support on this. It sounds like the feedback was unanimous and that you're coming to peace with your decision as well.

We hope you'll come back as your journey progresses and keep us up to date!

For you or anyone else reading this who's interested, I'm hosting a webinar on February 15th at 5:30pm PST called "Moms Who Want Their Bodies Back". The panelists will be Dr. Elizabeth Lee, a plastic surgeon in the Bay Area, Kimmers, our wonderful tummy tuck moderator, and JenBob, a fantastic, hilarious and informative RealSelf user.

You'll be able to listen in and ask questions of the doctor and Kimmers and JenBob, who've both had tummy tucks themselves.

We have 80 more spots and expect a full house, so reserve your virtual seat now.

Hope you can make it!

Go here to sign up.

I will definitely keep everyone informed on
when I book my date and the surgeon as
always thanks for commenting.

Hi Mrs D and welcome to RealSelf!!

I am glad you joined in on the chat :)  This is a good sounding board for all new tummy tuckers.

Try to put the money out of your mind in this decision.  Go with your first gut reaction on the two.  Who did you feel most comfortable with, who has more experience, who showed you pictures of previous work they have done, who comes recommended, and who has all of the necessary credentials?

If you are still not sure then go for a consult with a third.  I met with six before finding the right one for me.  When everything checked out and my heart and gut both screamed YES,...I knew he was the one.

I look forward to reading your posts as you go through the process.
I think I am going to go with the more
expensive surgeon. I knew what the right
choice was but I kinda wanted someone
to say something else so I would have an
excuse to save $. Thanks for commenting
If it were me I would choose the PS I am most comfortable with, even if it means postponing the surgery until you have the funds to pay for it. This is not an area where you should sacrifice comfort. Good luck with your decision!
I wouldn't go with the one is cheaper and less experience i would go with the most experience one.
Thanks Nash270 for commenting