Ready to feel better!! Jacksonville, FL

Hello all, my name is Jessica I'm a 28 y/o...

Hello all, my name is Jessica I'm a 28 y/o super mom with 3 kids (lol). I have wanted to get a TT for a long time... Love my kids to no end but being pregnant really took a toll on my body!! So now I'm doctor shopping and wanting to know does anyone have any advice?

Things to ask the doctor? ect? Also I'm posting pics (or trying to post pics lol) Should I try to lose some weight befor I consult.. Thanks for any and all advice ladies :)

Ok so I made my first consult... I feel like I'm...

Ok so I made my first consult... I feel like I'm going to be sick!! (LOL) I don't why I'm so nervous!! I have 3 GIRLS... I'm batman!! HAHA (jk) My app. is for Wensday @ 9!! I am going to weigh myself for the first in a very long time... Not looking forward to it!! I have never really cared about my weight (until now lol) I just cared about how I looked in my clothes.. Thay have been getting tighter with the holidays :( I cant wait to look good naked ~WOO HOO~ I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!

Ok my surgery is Monday.... I feel like I'm going...

Ok my surgery is Monday.... I feel like I'm going to throw- up (sorry) Nervous DOES NOT COME CLOSE TO HOW I FEEL!!! ~sigh~

So I had my first visit w/ the doc today.. I think...

So I had my first visit w/ the doc today.. I think it went really well!! He said everything looked good(: He removed my dressings and at first I was scared to look but after a few mins I did and didnt even reconize myself WEIRD!! But I look really good I'm very impressed!! The pain for me has not been unbearable at all.. The only thing I have been taking is Ibuprofen... I can not stand up stright and my back hurts if I'm up too long!! But all and all its not as bad as I thought it would be!! My mom is here to help so that is nice!!

Woke up today feeling like ass... After the day...

Woke up today feeling like ass... After the day went on it got better!! Took a shower and that made me feel a little more human lol~ Pain is still very mild :) I'm not sleeping really good tho.. and I hate not being able to do much.. I'm a very active person and the down time is nice and not!! I will post some post-op pics :) I hope everyone is has a fabulous weekend!!!

So... Tomorrow makes a week!! My doc said he may...

So... Tomorrow makes a week!! My doc said he may remove my drain... but I dont think he's going to bc it's draining a little more than a little bit (lol) I'm sooooo ready to be active again.. I miss playing w/ kids :( My mom leaves tomorrow but my kids father is actually helping .. weird!! :) I'm posting pics that I took today.. still a little hunched over~

I can not get my pics to post... UGH!!

I can not get my pics to post... UGH!!

Got the pics to load... I got the drain out...

Got the pics to load... I got the drain out Tuesday~ I feel pretty run down, trying to enjoy the down time.. but I'm ready to feel better NOW lol I go next tues (which is also my bday) to get the stiches out -yipee- I feel its kinda of hard to breathe deep ... anyone else have this problem?? Still hunched over and laughing hurts :) All and all~ pretty good!!

^this was the up-date for last week.. dk why it posted in my @ the doc section lol

Today makes 2 weeks and I really thought I would...

Today makes 2 weeks and I really thought I would magically be all better!! I still cant stand up stright(which is making me crazy) and all food sounds nasty~ Me and the couch are all most as 1.. And it sucks!! Tomorrow is my birthday and I also have an app w/ my PS to get my stiches removed~ Hopefully I'm up to going to diner.. I have not been wanting to leave the house at all!! READY TO FEEL 100%.. I'll settle for 90% Wheres the light at the end of my tunnel???
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

HEY GIRL! You look amazing!!!! Did you have lipo at all????
Any new updated pics? Or are those two updated?

The first two weeks are the worst.  At about week 3 you will feel like a new woman.  This is a long and hard recovery.  Don't place pressure and expectations on yourself right now.  That will only frustrate you more.  Just take it day by day, slow does it and know you are through the worst part.  All up hill from here sister:)

And BTW...Happy Birthday Girlie.

I felt like it was difficult to take in a deep breath too. It gets better before you know it.

You are looking really good!!   Nothing better than a new tummy:)

Congrats on ur surgery, and good to hear that everything is going well and that ur healing great, keep us posted!
yeah i know that feeling all too well...:-)
Thank you!! I know it will be ok... just my nerves are getting the best of me!!
Good luck with your surgery tomorrow! Stay positive and all will be just fine!!!
Thank you Kinners25!! I am numb with fear... I know I'll be ok but I dk what to expect so.. TERRIFIED!!! lol

Deep breath!  This is all very exciting:)

Who is your doc?? Does he have good prices?? Are you staying over night?? Congrats :) and good luck!!
Hi Jessice; I am having my TT with lipo and flanks on Thursday..I am very anxious more thank anything else. My Dr. is affiliated with North Florida surgery center in Mandarin Jacksonville FL.. His staff is a team of wonderful ladies. The questions will come as you are at your consultants trust me when i say that..All my questions came in the Doctors office, get at lease three consultations, price is very important....Good luck and best wishes for 2012...Pixiegirl
P.S. from the crazy huge DR muscle repair patient -- That is great u are out of the baby years, that was the hardest part for me Remember, mine was TOTALLY diff than a "normal tummy tuck" - I had no excess skin, I just looked 7-8 mos. pregnant (after doing Physical Therapy exercises w/a postpartum specialist for a year which made me look even more pregnant!!) My stomach jutted straight out with round huge tummy from right under ribcage on down huge wide! open full muscle tearing, so don't compare my recovery-- :) also I have a 35 lb baby boy who just turned 2 now-- so he was like 20 mos. then-- that was/is really hard part, he needs to be held and lifted all the time and is the weight of like 10 gallons of milk, haha!
That is great your youngest is 4 and there are older siblings, they will be more help than you think!! Even my JUST turned 4 year old boy was actually understanding and helpful...as a 4 yr old can be- but can get himself into carseat, booster, has no crib, etc.! Hardest part was lifting big baby out of crib, which is of course on lowest setting cause of his size, and getting him out, lifting onto changing table, high chair, SUV carseat, plus he always wants 2 be held! So that was hardest-- I felt stupid "mom guilt" for not being able to hold him for first 6 wks and thereafter it was still very difficult...hubby was not too understanding. At 6 wks i was immediately primary caregiver of both (he works a ton) and was very hard to explain to him how hard it was and tried not 2 complain! OW! I still have large like 12" wide velcro brace...if u get one of those, they just gave me velcro strips to attach the drains to and that was not too bad, held them up, but I was soooo happy to get em out, made me wait like 2-3 wks!
and P.P.S. my friend with 2 kids who had "regular" post baby tummy tuck that sounds like yours & she recovered a billion times faster!!! Regardless, it was so worth it, to have a core again!!! GOOD LUCK!! :)
HEY YA'LL. JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU JESSICA,GOOD LUCK AND IT IS A LONG HEALING PROCESS, I AM ALMOST ONE YEAR OUT AND I FEEL FANTASTIC! I GOT A TT BECAUSE I WEIGHED 250 FOR MOST OF MY 20'S AND EARLY 30'S FINALLY GOT OFF MY A..IN 2004 AND LOST 125LBS! BUT THE SKIN WAS GROSS SO I HAD IT DONE..NO REGRETS BUT HEALING IS A SLOW PROCESS..BE PATIENT!
That would be great!! Thanks a ton!!!!! :) I have my mom comming into town for 10 days.. Do you think I need her longer??
my MIL stayed 17 days, and it was PLENTY! I felt after 10 I was ok to go upstairs and down. I drove after 14 days. Just a few tips: my PS does drain-free surgery now...just 4 weeks after I finally got mine out, arg. I would look for a doc who uses that procedure. If not, get a rubber yoga band with safety pins to hold the drains for the most wonderful showers you will ever have. Get a few of those wisps toothbrushes for the first few days when getting out of bed to brush your teeth is the last thing you want to do. Do not be discouraged when you are not instantly thinner, it really does take 6-8 weeks before you can wear your pants, and another 2 months before I felt thinner. Good Luck.
The recovery is not that bad. The first week is tough and having someone to take care of you and your kids is very important. You will tire quickly, and will want to be resting and ton. But once your drains come out the recovery gets better. Every day does get better and better but try not to rush the recovery. By week 3 you should feel pretty good by then. If you want a list of the vitamins I took to speed up my recovery let me know. Good luck!
If you can get her for 2 weeks you will be better off. But 10 days is great. How young are your kids? Do you still need to pick them up? I will get back to you on the vitamins I am at the gym and my list is at home. If you didn't already know the body rock workouts need to only be done once a day. And you don't need their equipment they give you modifications. Try not to worry about the surgery I worried myself sick and it was so alot easier then I expected it to be. I will give more specifics on how to prepare your self for surgery with diet and vitamins and exercise. I should be able to do that later today. Stress not, it will be great and in no time you will have that tummy you have long forgotten.
I found my doc on here after much research and he was wonderful-
Im sure being in FL there are some great options. I went to some consultations and some horrible but he was
AWESOME and immediately knew he was the ONE! and voted Top Doc in Baltimore for yrs with great reviews on this site! He even emails me anytime. My situation was a bit different, had 2 babies after 30 within 2 yrs and am short waisted with no hips, so after second I had huge muscle tear vertically - diastasis Recti -
Was very bad, after yr of PT wouldn't fix I looked even more pregnant. The muscle repair was the hardest ladybug recovery... They opened me up and I had 6" WIDE, 10" LONG tear of all 7-8 layers of muscle, so on surgery table for 6 hrs?!? Doc was in awe, regardless of pain, best decision ever made! I have a core again and my 1234 back problems are already getting better, though I'm still in recovery and still wearing big brace.... Was in Oct... Can't wait till next summer!!!! Good LUCK, YOU ARE A SUPERMOM, hardest job on planet (and I know, was very corporate before) and I wish u the best!!!!
Ladybug? Silly iPhone! I meant "hardest part of recovery" and still is! ;)
Thanks a bunch.. I'm very nervous!! But I'm almost certain it will be worth it!! I have 3 girls all 2 years apart (yes! I'm crazy)lol They realy took a toll on my body.. Their father and I split up and honestly I could not imangine trying to date someone whenI look pregnant in clothes!! I completely understand why your supose to be married befor children.. lol
I'm on day 7 after mini tummy tuck, and can't say how thankful I am for all the help my adult daughter has been giving me. If at all possible, with 3 kids, stay overnight at hospital, the first night is the worse - not pain wise (mind you I had a mini TT), but just for that fact that you need to hold on to someone to sit up, stand up, get you water, etc. Also, it's major surgery so expect to tire out quickly. If you were in NJersey I would advise Dr Joseph Alkon, as I am extremely satisfied with the results but you are a bit far! Definitely worth it. Make sure you do everything the doc advises - especially keeping on the compression garment, it will help you heal faster. Cook food and clean house ahead of time, cause believe me all you will want to do is rest, walk around a bit, eat a bit and rest. It's boring so get some movies.
Best of luck.
My kids are ages 8, 6, and 4... (yes I'm crazy)lol I have my mother comming in to help me! She will be here for 10 days.. Do you think I need her to stay longer? I know they say 2 weeks to recover but what is the reality?? Thanks a ton y'all are so helpful!!
After children, I wish I would have had my tummy tuck a lot earlier, so it's good that you are doing it now! When going on consultations, I would recommend a doctor that puts the highest priority on safety first. I would also choose someone that will show you a lot of before and after pictures so you can get an idea of his or her work. Someone you feel comfortable with and is not over or under charging. Definitely meet with at least 3 board certified doctors. I met with 4 or 5. Good luck with everything!! :D
Hi there, I too am a mother of three. And had my tummy tuck 6 months ago and I have no regrets. I saw two doctors and felt comfortable with one. I highly recommend going with the overnight stay for recovery. The first night is pretty intense and if I was at home I would have been scared. I heard you mention you wanted to get in top shape before the surgery and that is a great idea. You will recover much better plus there is a bunch of vitamins you can take to speed up your recovery. I am a personal trainer and I know time is an issue for most mom's. There is a fantastic web site that has nothing but 15min butt kicking workouts that sound perfect for you. I do them all the time and I lost 2 pounds after 5 workouts. The web site is bodyrocktv (not sure of .com or .ca). But if you google it it will come up. I hope this helps. Good luck!