33 Years of Being Overweight Done with - Jacksonville, FL

I am going through the stages of testing to get...

I am going through the stages of testing to get approved for sleeve surgery. I am at 327 lbs, and have been overweight most my life. I need to do this do to chronic joint pain, I know it will just get worst, my mom had her hips replaced at 49. Just nervous and embarrassed I have to do this way. Looking for some support.
I am 37 years old mom of two I had gastric sleeve on November 22nd 2014 Start weight 278 weight now 230 any questions email me momkernop@gmail.com
I had band and now Am having it taken out I only lost 45 pounds with it and threw all the time... Food gets stuck all the time.. I am having it removed and getting the sleeve on July 2nd. I would opt for the sleeve! Just my opinion ? Ll h The time
I go to Mayo clinic, I actually went to get the band, and they said they stopped doing it because of all the failures and problems, that's when they wanted me to do one of the surgerys.

waiting game

I have my last appt. and that is with the nutritionist. Then they send it for review to insurance. I have aready started telling some people and I have been looking at smaller clothes, I can't wait to wear some thing that does not have an X in front of it, I really liked New York and Co. clothes
Awwww welcome!!! Don't be ashamed this is a commitment to u! U won't regret it it's the best decision I've ever made!!! Congrats on taking the first steps!
I hope you get a good decision soon! My op for 5/10 was cancelled so now I'm 6/14, the nerves haven't kicked in this time, but they didn't last time until I was actually in hospital. I started the liquid diet again four days ago. Keep us posted!

Date scheduled, The end of a new beginning

The other day I met with my surgeon and we scheduled surgery for August 8th. A lot of emotions are going thru my head, but I know it's for the best.
Under a month! I'll be looking forward to reading your slim-me-journey! All the best!
You'll be so happy you did it, trust me. When I got my date it all seemed real and I just wanted to forget the whole thing, after all I'd been fat for years so why bother now? I was sleeved two weeks ago and it is the best thing I ever did, I'm so glad I didn't change my mind. Food doesn't rule my life, I'm not hungry, I'm losing weight and I feel fantastic. The op was a breeze. Mid August you'll be saying the same thing. I have terrible rheumatoid arthritis and I know it would have been worse without this surgery.

Surgery

I had my surgery August 8th. I am home, a little sore. But the hardest part is drinking or eating anything and taking my meds crushed are awful. The morning of surgery I weighed in as 310. When I started this whole thing I was 328 lb.
Congrats on your surgery. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress along the way. I have been to my 1st seminar and have internalist, psych & Dr. appointments for in 2 weeks. I hope to be joining you on the losing side by mid-September. Keep up the good work, you have a couple of cute kids to get healthy for.
Just a day passed - crushed tablets ugh! Still, that's a short term problem only and health and happiness the long term solution, I'll take it thanks! I'll watch for your progress with interest!

One week post surgery

I am under 300!!! 298 lbs. So I have lost 14 lbs. since surgery. I have been doing ok. Its been hard finding things to eat blended while watching others around eat. I am getting bored with all the dairy food, and want more flavor. It has been tough, it definitely is not an easy way out.
That is great! I had to get artistic with my food lol. I always wondered about why they dont say baby food?I asked my surgeon he said he thought it would be a good thing .I was slowly on soft foods in a month .I had Mini Gastric Bypass.It is not an easy way out just a tool. We work hard as well. Keep busy before you know the hard part will pass!!! Good luck!
I am finally finished with all my test just need see my family dr on wed. Now I have to play the waiting game with insurance. I am nervous and scared all at the same time. I weigh 295 I have always been small even after my daughter I went down to my size 21 years ago. I got married 10 years ago and yep. You can tell I was happy alright. Good luck to all
Yes it sucks to watch everyone eat normal portions or what we used to eat.... Every day battle...