4 months post op.. smooth sailing!

Growing up I've had a love/hate relationship with...

Growing up I've had a love/hate relationship with my nose. In one way, it fits my face and my features, and I have appreciated that it's prominence has given me an "exotic" look in my 20's. Fast forward to my early 30's, now I am starting to feel that sexy strong nose is making me look older and less soft. Last year I was certain that I was going to address this once and for all, I had the surgery scheduled and decided to consult with another surgeon for good measure. I was already having my doubts, there was something about the other surgeon's aesthetics that I wasn't quite fond of. The alternate consultation surgeon told me to leave my face alone, that my proportions were on, and the slight correction of my bridge was going to throw off my face, he said I was a diamond he would not want to crack... As you could imagine I took this as a sign to back out.

A year later I have agonized over the decision, the final factor was my wedding pictures and video. My nose seemed worse than ever for some reason!
As the aging process is starting to rear its ugly head, I feel that refining my nose will soften my face and soften what I feel is premature aging. I researched for hours and found a doctor who I felt would be a good match. After meeting with him it all made sense why the other surgery didn't pan out, he was my guy :)
I have been chomping at the bit to get this surgery under way, and Feb 5th is the big day! I am nervous and excited but also certain that everything has fallen into place. I have also decided to have my jawline (submentum) sculpted thru lipo to take some of the moderate pooch and heaviness which I feel makes me look a bit masculine along with my hard profile, so all around subtle softening and refinement.

Thank you for the encouragement everyone! I love this site for that! So I am going a bit crazy today. I spoke to the office on Thursday and we discussed arrangements to be made for Feb 5th. The only thing holding back setting it in stone was a misquote on the price for the chin lipo, they were looking into and supposed to call me back with the right price to secure the deposit. This was Thursday it is now Tuesday and I have heard nothing. My pre-op was discussed for the 1st and I booked the hotel! The lack of communication is freaking me out! I don't feel very important or secure right now. Is this normal? I am currently searching docs in Fort Lauderdale now instead. Also after he sent me the digital morphs I emailed him back and told him I was ready to proceed and it took a week until I finally had to call the office and pursue it myself. So since Jan 11th I have been set to go and its taken me this long to just get a date?! Their office needs to get their crap together. Any advice? Am I being impatient or nuts?
I love your after simulation photo. I think ppl tell you not to do anything when you are already pretty but you can still benefit from rhinoplasty. I think you are very pretty but can understand why youwould want a nose job. I think the after photo looks perfect
Thank you, you are so sweet!! I have faith in my Plastic surgeon I like to be optimistic even though I know there are risks! I will keep you posted !! :)

So yesterday everything was straightened out and...

So yesterday everything was straightened out and set in stone, i paid for half of the entire surgery and now cannot back out or I will lose 4k! I had horrible anxiety and even though I'm not a drinker, had a couple glasses of red wine to calm my nerves, it really helped! My pre-op is scheduled for feb 1st, and I have a few more questions and am looking forward to a bit more reassurance. It still seems surreal, and I am on a rollercoaster of emotion. Most importantly, I am trying my best to keep my expectations realistic, and know that there's a good chance it won't be "perfect" and a small chance it may not even be an improvement, and a slight possibility I could even hate it! My motto: "keep your standards and expectations low, and you're seldom dissapointed." Here goes nothing!
Good luck! We are rooting for ya! :)
Wow, you are stunning! And you are going to look amazing after surgery too! good luck and I hope the best for you :)
Im 6 days post op and like most of us, went through all the ups and downs. Ive had other plastic surgery and my nose was not next on the list but I found my doc on this site, he had great reviews and a rhinoplasty special and fell in love with him at consultation. My final rollercoaster happened few mornings before surgery, so I went to real self of course and a girl had just posted her story, was 4-5 days post op and done by my doc.....it was like the clouds seperated,monks began singing, and excitement set in!!! I had the chin lipo too and it ws great addition....good luck and keep reading and asking questions....you are going to be great!!!

So my surgery is one week and one day away. I stay...

So my surgery is one week and one day away. I stay up all night reading RS, the good, the bad and the ugly. Sometimes I scold myself for exposing myself to the downside of rhinoplasty, it gives me terrible anxiety. I don't really advocate prescriptions because I am a yoga teacher, but I have resorted to Ambien to try and get off this vampire schedule. This morning I woke up with the creative idea to tape my nose because my biggest fear with rhinoplasty in elevating my columella is lengthening my philtrum! I almost want to leave it alone because even reducing the shadow scares me to have a longer upper lip. So I went Pee-wee Herman this morning and taped her up, and I gotta tell ya it worked!! I may be a Froot Loop but it gave me a great visual of what my nose will look like narrowed and lifted. Ofcourse it did nothing to deproject my bridge and tip, but wow, it actually put me at ease!! I posted a picture of my strange tape idea even!
HAHAH Great idea I'm doing this tomorrow!
LOL let me know if it works for u! I stuck one side of a 2" strip of tape to one nostril then elevated the columella whilst taping the other side.. Lol fun to play with!
Haha I love peewee Herman! What a funny and good idea! Good luck with the surgery I will be following your recovery!

Pre-op was Friday, and I feel it went really well,...

Pre-op was Friday, and I feel it went really well, he was very thorough in the schematics of how he would approach my particular case, and answered all of my questions with flying colors. I also got to see a couple more patients from the previous week, which put me even more at ease. I haven't published the doctors information yet as I am waiting to get a better feel of his bedside manner, but he is very knowledgeable, patient, understanding, and even handsome to boot (which doesn't hurt hehe!) So now I have only 2 more sleeps to go (well maybe one and a half) until the beak tweak begins! Still seems surreal!
Good luck! Not long now!
Only two more sleeps! I hope it all goes smoothly and can't wait to see your results. Take care :)

It's a matter of hours before we leave for Jax,...

It's a matter of hours before we leave for Jax, and I feel pretty good for the most part. The only thing I'm a little concerned about is I did find out my blood pressure is way higher than normal. At first when I brought the clearance form to my PS he didn't think the reading was accurate, then when he checked it, it was a bit lower but still considered stage 1 hypertension. None of this made sense to either of us, I practice yoga daily, meditate, vegetarian diet, low stress life style, the only thing it can be attributed to is genetics, so not only did I get my Dad's schnoz, but his high BP too.. great! So I have kept my eye on it and it has stayed above normal. Doc says if it's thru the roof there's a chance they may have to defer the surgery until its under control. I'm hoping low sodium, meditation and hydration will level me out! Anyone else have experience with this??
The BP thing is frustrating. I have low blood pressure however during surgery it did spike causing the bleeding and excessive bruising I had, so I can understand the reason why they want it down first. Hopefully the changes you make will make a difference and you can continue with the surgery. All the best!
Wow so you went from low to high like that? Scary! That's very helpful information and makes perfect sense, I guess I have to be prepared for such scenarios.. A few more hours to go! thanks for the input it's good to know what could possibly happen!

Whoa! I was prepared to feel beat down after...

Whoa! I was prepared to feel beat down after anesthesia, and I was surprisingly alert and even a bit witty. I had heard the recovery was easier than a breast aug which I found hard to believe since that was a breeze for me. I can still breathe thru my nose at this point, I feel a little angsty coming off the anesthesia but I haven't taken pain meds yet, as I haven't felt the need. I also haven't eaten yet which could change things. I do have a sensitive tummy so I am kind of dreading taking that step as I had nausea with my BA after eating. So far so good, I'm about 3 hours into recovery. My doc was amazing, he was kind enough to show me a picture of what it looked like immediately after so I can get an idea and not freak out! All surgeons should do this! I'm eagerly awaiting him to email it to me as I was kind of our of it earlier. I remember it looking pretty small, maybe smaller than I would have liked, but I am prepared that its going to be a change.
That is so cool that your doc gave you that pic of you in the OR. That would have saved me a ton of worrying and anxiety if my doc had done that, granted it looked ideal. Cool, thanks for sharing.
Oh my gosh it looks great! You're going to be so gorgeous! I mean you already were but its just going to look so good I know it!
I'm so happy recovery is going so well for you!!! You give me hope that I'm not making the wrong decision !! Thanks for the inspiration ;)

Went to my day 2 post op, everything looked great...

Went to my day 2 post op, everything looked great and proper, he was very pleased with his work. I also was relieved to get the awful head dressing off where I had my jaw sculpted and OMG it already looks freaking amazing! I even posted a pic, and to imagine its still swollen and I am simply blown away. Right now I feel so pleased with my decisions, I chose a true artist and a hidden gem, lucky me :) now the waiting game until Monday when the cast comes off!
you look great :D
You are a Jedi Master!!! you inspire me!!!
Your jaw looks perfect already! Wow what a difference! :) You have an Angelina Jolie lips thing going on. It's so pretty. haha :)

Started getting uncomfortable last night and...

Started getting uncomfortable last night and decided to take pain pills, I slept ok except I had chronic dry mouth from breathing thru my mouth I had to keep getting up to get more water. My husband said I snored pretty loud keeping him up lol. Today I am swollen and distorted, not really in a lot of pain, but I am starting to "feel" more sensations that were once numb. The U shaped memory foam pillow has been a lifesaver, I would nod off sideways if I didn't have it! Def worth investing in. I'm going to try to ditch the hydrocodon from now on, so hopefully I'm on the mend. I think out of everything this face compression belt for my chin lipo causes the most discomfort.

I've never personally considered a chin implant for myself but YOWZA woman, does it ever suit you! I can already tell that you're still gonna look just as exotic as you did pre-op - probably even more so! You look great :)
Thanks so much sarah-tonin! I hope I still have some character in tact and don't look like a bleach blonde clone lol, that's why I've held out as long as I have tbh, but now looking younger is more valuable to me than looking unique haha! I didn't actually get a chin implant just a little lipo under my chin to shrink it down, I had a little "turkey waddle" that got worse when I didn't sleep well or ate too much sodium lol .. Def not something u have to worry about lucky for u ;)
Ohhhhh, that makes a lot of sense, cause I was thinking that the actual size of your chin didn't seem to look much different but yes, I see what you mean now - definitely made a difference! I still think it looks fantastic :P And don't worry, you definitely don't and won't look like a "bleach blonde clone"! You still look unique and very much like you :)

I woke up feeling kinda icky and uncomfortable...

I woke up feeling kinda icky and uncomfortable though I did sleep thru the night. I ended up taking a nice jacuzzi bath and did a little pampering which brought me back to life. I put on a bit of concealer and had company and lunch and walked around a bit and felt pretty good! Shortly after, I started getting swollen and throbbing with every step, and started feeling tingling pain and itching under the cast. I took a pain pill and went back to bed, defeated. Now I know I have limits and just need to take it easy and stay patient. It's hard not to feel restless :-/

Wow you DO look like katherine heigl! Pampering always makes me feel better, not looking forward to the waiting with rhinoplasty it sounds frustrating
totally seeing Katherine Heigl in that last picture!
Haha thanks I get that a lot! More so when I smile which seems like that can't happen for a few more weeks lol.. Looking thru my pics I realize I look so different in every one, can't wait to see how different my finals will be, maybe I will look even more like her :)

Not feeling bad, not feeling great, I would like...

Not feeling bad, not feeling great, I would like to be more active but every time I get up and around I just get sorta tired. That could partially be from being in bed and sleeping so much combined with med hangover. I really like what I see in the mirror so far! I can already see how the tip rotation makes my face look "sweeter" and softer.. No more Roman warrior lol! The time dragged on at first, but now it's coming up quick. I'm going to be ambitious and attempt to get my hair trimmed and blown out today for tomorrow, hopefully it doesn't chew me up!
Haha thanks, I'm so curious if I will look even more like her after :) Yes the waiting period can really be a drag, but it's funny, once it's over, it doesn't seem like as big of a deal as it was at the time. And ofcourse, an awesome result makes the sacrifice well worth it ;)
That is very sweet thank u :) I hope so!!

Wow what a crazy experience to see a whole new...

Wow what a crazy experience to see a whole new you! My surgeon is truly talented and I feel very fortunate to have chosen him as he gave me precisely the result I wanted. I realize I am still very swollen, which in one way concerns me because I don't really want it to get too much smaller, I really like how it is today! He said my skin is very thin, so my swelling isn't major, but it will look less pudgy and more refined.. I am threw the roof with joy.. and relieved!
Looks fantastic! Did you take anything for swelling and bruising? My surgery is next week and I want to make sure I cover all my basics.
Wow, looks great!!
Seriously one of the best results I've ever seen on here, WOW!

I felt very fortunate yesterday that my reveal was...

I felt very fortunate yesterday that my reveal was so pleasant and hopeful. Today I am feeling the wrath of "patience." I woke up so strange, swollen and distorted, so downright ugly, I actually crawled back in bed. My bridge is so wide and swollen I look like a lion or something, my tip looks like it drooped more and columellar swelling and uneven nostrils are making quite an unflattering result. Now I understand why people freak out in the first few weeks, I keep having to look at yesterday's pictures to remind myself that I didn't disfigure my face. Perhaps it was the Sushi and glass of wine that aggravated the swelling? At this point I am so grateful that I have this forum for a reference point to understand that this is all normal. Thank you again and much love to everyone who is candid about their experiences.. it helps me keep my sanity!
Love your pictures! And thank you for sharing your story! Based on your pictures I would definitely choose your doc if it was my primary! And thank you for the advice on what to eat to keep swelling down. I can't believe you looked so amazing one week out!! Holy cow!!
your new nose looks stunning! how did he achieve the smaller nostrils? mine look very similar to yours in the before shots, and I would like to have a similar results in terms of making them less prominent. What technique did he use?
He used an open rhinoplasty technique with internal sutures, as far as reducing my nostrils, by lifting my columella (which I never realized was "hanging") he was able to make them less visible from the front and side. I still have pretty good sized natural nostrils and they don't look pinched, so I am content with the way he approached it. Thank you for asking and I hope this helps, your surgeon can probably communicate his techniques a lot better, just write out a list of questions, and pictures help too!

Today when I woke up the swelling had gone down...

Today when I woke up the swelling had gone down tremendously, especially in the glabella, which made a huge difference in making me look more normal. I'm starting to get a slightly better idea of the final result. I had enough energy to work, take a gentle yoga class, then hit the grocery store after, so pretty much resuming my normal activity. My nose feels like it has been stapled to face, and my tip is completely immobile. The technique he used was "permanent" and I really realize as it settles in what he meant, it's def taking some getting used to. Between the tightness in my neck, my immobile foreign nose and botox I'm starting to feel inanimate lol.. Maybe once things start to heal and settle I will get used to it!
I can't view your video unfortunately because it's set to private :(
Hi, I am so thrilled for you, and feel such perfect joy for your gorgeous accomplishment, and your willingness to share such profound thoughts and details about your experience.......I literally have cried the last 3 days, living vicariously through your experience :) I am now calling calling his office for a consultation, even though Inlive 8 hours away.......it will be so well worth it. May I ask, how long did it take to get a consult after you called their office, and how long before the surgery was scheduled, after your consultation took place? Since I have to fly from Tampa, to Jacksonville, and arrange babysitting for my 3 kids, I was curious about the time frame. So excited for you...and thank you!!!!!!!
Thank you so much :) my friend who is a general physician was totally blown away when she saw me 6 days post op, she almost didn't believe it! Even though Dr. Pearson isn't on the "radar" I totally believe I couldn't have gotten a better result from the worlds top surgeon. If he is accessible to you it may be worth it to get a consult, he says more than half of his patients are revisions! Not only did I get the exact result I could have hoped for, but he didn't rip me apart while achieving it!

I went ahead and uploaded my reveal on youtube...

I went ahead and uploaded my reveal on youtube finally, it's a bit drawn out since it took a few mins to get the cast off and my friend recorded it vertically.. but you get to see my reaction to the mirror at the end, and the anxiety leading up, I could relive that moment again and again haha!
Thanks for posting the video! You look beautiful and it really helps to see how a cast removal goes! ;)
Thank you! It's so nice to have that moment captured for posterity!
Awwww I'm soo glad I got to see the video! You're adorable! I could feel your nerves beforehand, and then I smiled when I saw your reaction :) Also, your PS is so nice! He may be one of the friendliest I've ever seen!

Day 10 with cast off and I'm liking it even more....

Day 10 with cast off and I'm liking it even more. I have been concerned that it was going to get too small, it has gone down quite a bit but it's looking prettier and more refined. I am feeling really good about it, and I'm going to make a debut this evening and see if anyone notices! I can still see that it is still a bit swollen unevenly along the bridge, and I think the tip still has a fair bit of swelling, but overall I think I am getting a lot closer to the final result!
I LOVE your nose! haha I want it lol ;) I'm glad you love it too. I wish I lived where you are so I can go to your doctor. He does fantastic work! And seams really nice!
Awww that is very sweet! I am so glad it didn't pan out with my other consults, I believe in fate and everything happens for a reason, always trust your instincts! I know when the time is right you'll know who your "soul-surgeon" will be too haha.. definitely looking forward to your updates!
You look amazing as always!!! :)

So my two week check up went well. When he first...

So my two week check up went well. When he first saw me he mistakenly thought we were 6 weeks out, and he looked at my chart and realized it was only 2. Upon examination he said I was healing unusually rapidly. He did also say that most people do have a lot more bruising and swelling despite my theory that he is a magician, but he did agree that he is gentle with the tissues, and his father is a surgeon and always emphasized that! He said most people can expect a closer result in 3 months, but mine should be more like 6 weeks!
So all of that was great news, and each day my nose is becoming "shrink wrapped" I guess I am glad that it wasn't as small when the cast came off, it has given me time to adjust and appreciate it in a gradual manner. It was still very prominent at first, now its becoming "cuter" as the swelling decreases, but still very proportionate. I'm realizing you can never become too attached to how it looks on any given day, because it changes so much daily!

You look fantastic! One of the best results I've seen!
You look so gorgeous and so does your nose of course!
Aw thank you! Yours is looking awesome too!

So I'm now 6 weeks out, not really sure how much...

So I'm now 6 weeks out, not really sure how much more I can expect it to change? It's been a very strange experience altogether. I guess I expected a tremendous reaction and to be able to accept myself finally and fall in love with my reflection once and for all. It is a huge improvement obviously, but it blows my mind how many people simply don't notice. I haven't decided if that's good or bad! I do feel so much more confident, and the people who know compliment me on how perfect it looks, as afraid as I was to change my looks I got the most ideal enhancement I could have chosen, there really isn't a better nose for my face! So, why haven't the clouds passed and birds sang? I have come to realize liking what you see in the mirror has very little to do with your appearance, there is no cosmetic "fix" for self acceptance. It's something that comes from within. So I have learned so much about myself from this experience as I continue on my journey understanding my quirks. My goal now is calm that critical mind chatter and smile without worrying about those creases under my eyes. A rhinoplasty can only enhance your nose, not your entire perception of yourself. I now have one less thing to criticize myself, so I am taking that momentum a practicing self love from here on out :)
Haven't had an update in a while, hopefully you're off enjoying a truly boosted confidence!
wow you look amazing!! like as in its the best surgery i've seen yet on this site! wow! i'm so happy for you...congrats!
Hi, I haf my surgical consult in March 15th, and he was super nice and knowledgeable......I am just feeling anxious, because it is takung him forever, it seems to answer my email questions, and show Me different view other ...than frontal and left side. Your surgery really is a success story....the results are nothing short of perfect! So happy for you!

4 months post op.. smooth sailing

Feeling pretty good about everything overall. It has definitely changed over the past couple of months and become more refined. I have my days where I stare in the mirror and pick everything apart, with hours of scrutiny one can find fault in anything. But today I was looking thru some old pics and stumbled upon an old "before" picture and I realized that WOW, it was all totally worth it. I was even inspired to update my review! While there is no cure for dysmorphia, at least now I can be absolutely certain my nose is no longer to blame! And for that... I thank Dr. Pearson ! Overall I am pleased that my result is natural and flattering to my face.. Now if I could just fix these eye crinkles.....
You look breathtaking girl! There is no flaw in you! Get that in your head! :) My surgery is July 2nd! Can't wait! I hope my results are good! ;) SO happy you are doing great!
Haha I think I need a night out where I dress up and feel pretty.. it's been awhile! But yes, I do feel so much softer and confident in my new profile, it's an amazing feeling.. I just wish I could get a re-do on my wedding pics :(
Aww thank u very very much! A huge compliment!

4 months post op

Just wanted to share a few pics from a promo photo shoot.I must say it's been amazing to be able to take yoga shots from all angles :)
Hi! Your results are absolutely amazing! I am having my surgery with Dr. Pearson in two days and I'm hoping for awesome results. I was wondering if you still love your nose as much as you did after the surgery and if anything changed during the healing process (such as droopiness, etc.). Thanks so much in advance!
Oh my goodness... This is the true definition of perfection. You look wonderful!!!
so pretty before and after!!!
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lots of internet research!