Lower Face Lift and Touch Ups! Jacksonville, FL

It has been 11 months since my mommy makeover and...

It has been 11 months since my mommy makeover and lipo on my neck, This year has been crazy!! First lets start with my neck! I have had a large hard piece of skin to deal with! I had one revision in October with NO effect! This has been the hardest to deal with because it's always so noticeable. Dr. Fee decided to do a lower facelift, he said he would also remove that old scar. I can't wait to have this completed. My stomach incision was not even and looked "pulled up" right between my pubis bone, My breast implants are silicone under the muscle and when I layer down they would flop to the sides and I had no cleavage. My left breast also ached all the time.
So this is what was done on Friday 6/27. I had a mini face lift. of the lower face and neck. I still have bandages, today they come off and I will take pictures!. My ears are really sore, I didn't realize the sutures come right up in front of them.
My left breast is still sore and doesn't look as nice as my right, I hope they look better soon. I still don't have that deep cleavage I wanted.
Last but not least is my abdomen. I had what I can only describe as a sad face. If I wore bikini underwear the scar would above it, right in the center of my stomach. I also have quire a bit of fat on my abdomen the he lipo'ed. I hope he lipoed enough, I know it won't be seen until swelling goes down!!

The pictures. One day post op n 5 days post op

I sure hope the swelling goes down! Yikes. I'm not new to this so I remember you have some, but I also had seromas and hematoma last time and I know those issues delay healing. I'm wearing the jaw bra and compression as ordered.

Day 6

I'm healing slowly, still very bruised. Wearing jaw bra a lot but massaging neck with arnica. I'm going to dr today. Hope he says good things.

JAW BRA ?

For the ladies that have had face lifts, did you have to wear a jaw bra and how long did you use it! My skin is still very drawn and now I am getting hard lumps. My doctor asked me to continue to wear it at my last appointment Thursday so I wore it until Sunday when I noticed that the lines and bumps were consistent with the jaw bra. It feels like it was creating the problem more then helping!!! I am going to the doctor today I am still very bruised, swollen and lumpy. I hope he can offer some help, but I feel he's going to say time is the only thing that will help!!!

2 weeks

It's been exactly two weeks and I'm really trying to focus on the positive. I see some improvement. The swelling is going down slowly, I wish the knots on my neck would go away. I'm going for another massage today. I'm updating my photos today. I went out last night and attempted make up lol. I still wear my jaw bra most of the time, I will continue sleeping elevated and taking arnica. I also use warm wraps with arnica oil.

Feeling better

I am feeling so much better! The bruises continue to go down very slowly the lumpiness is also going down along with the swelling! I am slowly becoming my old self! Makeup is helping to hide some of the bruises but not all! I just feel like it is tough being one of the only ones going thru such rough bruises and swelling! I hope my story gives someone hope! If I can get thru this anyone can!!!
My suggestions:
-start using arnica tablets one week prior to surgery 3-4 times a day, then two weeks after del. on bruising
-NO aspirin, motrin, or alcohol while healing or prior to surgery!
-Bromelian once a day, at surgery time then up to two weeks after same as arnica
-ice only on for 10 minutes, every 3 hours, 72 hours post op
4 days post op until bruises resolve - arnica oil lymph massage (youtube this), neck area then follow, up with moist heat (water, clean towel in microwave), if you are numb in any area check towel for heat to ensure not too hot, place on bruises for up to 10 minutes rotating site. then apply jaw bra
-wear jaw bra as directed. I wear mine at night and after massage and when skin feels taught, and for first week all the time!
-eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water, avoid salt
-get rest and keep head elevated as long as bruising persist
-don't exercise or any strenuous activity (vacuum, mopping floors etc) until PS ok's this!
-staying positive helps, I vent on here!!! I have also visualized how I will look after
-take lots of photos in good light
Happy healing!
These are just suggestions that have helped me thru two surgeries check with your PS

19 days post op. Pictures

I went back yesterday and the plastic surgeon drained the right side hematoma. Had lots of pain yesterday but this am the pain is better and the swelling/bruising is going down. I still have knots on my neck and I have two puckered areas on my chin scar that better go away. I'm massaging neck non-stop.
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

don't go back to this same surgeon if you want any more revisions. Even though your scars will improve over time, I think you are going to have "dog ears" that means protruding skin bulges on either end of that long incision under your chin. Have never seen such a long scar there! Imagine trying to wrap a flat piece of paper around a round ball (like our skin around our heads) and you have to make pleats to do it. That is what can happen in a facelift or neck lift too. Best of luck to you.
You are Looking MUCH better, Must be feeling so much better.... Xo
Lol, rolling skin flat, if only hey. You are looking so much better. Your chin scar looks better than the knot you had so that's promising. :)
You are making progress. Day by day it gets better. You look much better, and you sound like you are feeling better.
Your looking so much better and sound happier. Its just time! and that takes time x
Glad you are feeling better - all a journey of time I am finding :-)
I'm so glad you are feeling better. What did your dr say about the puckering? Hopefully, just swelling?
He feels with massage it will go away, so I am hopeful too!! Yes, I am still swollen so with that it should help too!! He said "massage, massage, massage"!!! He also said that the neck is the worst place for this type of tightening, for some people. Geez, lucky me!!! errr
There is also a chinese procedure that I have heard about that you can roll your skin (almost with a rolling pin) LOL, I have seriously been considering this, desperate measures call for desperate things!!!
Just be sure to consult with your PS k - hate for you to do more damage then good :-(
Same here, happy to hear, you are feeling better....
Great advice! I was told to ice 20 min on 20 min off the first 48 hours. After that no because I had fat transfer. No heat advised for me. I did not bruise badly but my surgery was not as evasive as most of you. ( at least I don't think so) Listen to your body and follow your PS advice as we pay lots of $$ for their expertise :-) Happy Healing
My doc said 20 mins/40 off of ice. Funny, they all say something a bit different. After one week he said to add two warm showers a day to the protocol which felt wonderful with the water gently flowing on my face and neck. Still doing that one time a day as my "treat." I go back to doc for my three week check on Tuesday. Feeling pretty good other than sore neck.
Good luck with your check up!! Yep I love that warm shower, especially around my sutures!! ahhhh!!! I am going to my doc on monday to check on this hematoma on my right jaw line!!
Thanks, Jo. Best of luck to you as well.
Interesting that you say only ice 10 mins, every 3 hrs. I iced continuously for the first 3 days and less on the 4th. What have others done in regards to iceing? Good to hear you are feeling better Jo :)
Some people are more sensitive to heat/ice then others and I know that the medical community have debated ice/heat for ages! This last time my PS actually said NO ice for first 24 hrs for me!!! I think it's important to listen to your doctor and your body. Here is a great example, yesterday I was feeling great so we went out did lots of shopping and walking in the heat I came home around dinner and noticed my bruise was quickly turning into a hematoma fast, so I quickly applied ice and my jaw bra, this am I woke up and it looks better then it did yesterday am!!! You have to listen to your body, and know what to do! BTW using ice too much can cause tissue damage similar to frost bite!!! Thanks!!!
Of course listen to your surgeons advice, he knows of your previous complication so obviously has advised on the best healing method for your body. We are all so different and so is our surgeons advice. I am sorry you are having a rough time with your healing process. We all think we are doing it tough until we come across someone like you. Brave girl to go for a second ride. Keep us updated on your progress. I hope it eases up soon. :)
Wow can see lots of improvements in your new photos so I am sure you will be happy when everything settles down k :-) great advise from kitaus take care :-)
cheer up, each day will bring a new... stay away from mirrors for a while... It takes time.... =)
Chin up Jo, rule no 1 when feeling down is to stay away from mirrors because we are so critical of ourselves. Fill your mind with positive mantras and google lymphatic massage, do it yourself. Do not drag your skin however, try press release method. I am wk 3 now and still wear my face bra, it should support your face not strangle it. ( Just firm) alternate having it on and having it off. When your face is feeling really tight and puffy have it on. Move around to get your blood flowing and move your neck, don't hold it stiff. I am not a dr but I am a massage therapist. Hope this is helpful for you. And just so you know. Yesterday I really looked like shit, today mmm not so bad lol.
Thanks for the ideas and positive thoughts!! I am doing the massage at home! It's funny you should mention how you are wearing your Jaw Bra, It's almost like I know when I should wear it!! I am also using warm towels that are helping! Staying out of the mirror is tough, but I will take your advice!! Thanks again!!
I went back to my ps today and had the rest of the sutures removed, he was also concerned with my neck tightness. I had a lymphatic neck massage right after my appointment (in his office). This massage brought back A LOT of sad memories!! The first surgery I had a huge knot and I had a revision and a larger knot of scar tissue formed and I had massage 3 days a week. I CAN'T DO THIS AGAIN. I have spent so much money, I have invested so much time. For what??? To look like a freak again!!! I looked like a mess for a year and I was so excited to get this over with!! I am so so sad, and I SPENT $1,100 ON JUVEDERM AND MY LIPS AND NASOLABIA FOLDS LOOK LIKE CRAP
Jo Im sure you are just going through one of those "down periods" when it all gets a bit much. You will be fine, one day at a time and find little ways of staying positive. The results that you have posted already are wonderful and remember it's only early days! x
Thanks so much!! My hubby just came home and said the same thing!! I will try!!