Lower Face Lift and Touch Ups! Jacksonville, FL

It has been 11 months since my mommy makeover and...

It has been 11 months since my mommy makeover and lipo on my neck, This year has been crazy!! First lets start with my neck! I have had a large hard piece of skin to deal with! I had one revision in October with NO effect! This has been the hardest to deal with because it's always so noticeable. Dr. Fee decided to do a lower facelift, he said he would also remove that old scar. I can't wait to have this completed. My stomach incision was not even and looked "pulled up" right between my pubis bone, My breast implants are silicone under the muscle and when I layer down they would flop to the sides and I had no cleavage. My left breast also ached all the time.
So this is what was done on Friday 6/27. I had a mini face lift. of the lower face and neck. I still have bandages, today they come off and I will take pictures!. My ears are really sore, I didn't realize the sutures come right up in front of them.
My left breast is still sore and doesn't look as nice as my right, I hope they look better soon. I still don't have that deep cleavage I wanted.
Last but not least is my abdomen. I had what I can only describe as a sad face. If I wore bikini underwear the scar would above it, right in the center of my stomach. I also have quire a bit of fat on my abdomen the he lipo'ed. I hope he lipoed enough, I know it won't be seen until swelling goes down!!

The pictures. One day post op n 5 days post op

I sure hope the swelling goes down! Yikes. I'm not new to this so I remember you have some, but I also had seromas and hematoma last time and I know those issues delay healing. I'm wearing the jaw bra and compression as ordered.

Day 6

I'm healing slowly, still very bruised. Wearing jaw bra a lot but massaging neck with arnica. I'm going to dr today. Hope he says good things.

JAW BRA ?

For the ladies that have had face lifts, did you have to wear a jaw bra and how long did you use it! My skin is still very drawn and now I am getting hard lumps. My doctor asked me to continue to wear it at my last appointment Thursday so I wore it until Sunday when I noticed that the lines and bumps were consistent with the jaw bra. It feels like it was creating the problem more then helping!!! I am going to the doctor today I am still very bruised, swollen and lumpy. I hope he can offer some help, but I feel he's going to say time is the only thing that will help!!!

2 weeks

It's been exactly two weeks and I'm really trying to focus on the positive. I see some improvement. The swelling is going down slowly, I wish the knots on my neck would go away. I'm going for another massage today. I'm updating my photos today. I went out last night and attempted make up lol. I still wear my jaw bra most of the time, I will continue sleeping elevated and taking arnica. I also use warm wraps with arnica oil.

Feeling better

I am feeling so much better! The bruises continue to go down very slowly the lumpiness is also going down along with the swelling! I am slowly becoming my old self! Makeup is helping to hide some of the bruises but not all! I just feel like it is tough being one of the only ones going thru such rough bruises and swelling! I hope my story gives someone hope! If I can get thru this anyone can!!!
My suggestions:
-start using arnica tablets one week prior to surgery 3-4 times a day, then two weeks after del. on bruising
-NO aspirin, motrin, or alcohol while healing or prior to surgery!
-Bromelian once a day, at surgery time then up to two weeks after same as arnica
-ice only on for 10 minutes, every 3 hours, 72 hours post op
4 days post op until bruises resolve - arnica oil lymph massage (youtube this), neck area then follow, up with moist heat (water, clean towel in microwave), if you are numb in any area check towel for heat to ensure not too hot, place on bruises for up to 10 minutes rotating site. then apply jaw bra
-wear jaw bra as directed. I wear mine at night and after massage and when skin feels taught, and for first week all the time!
-eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water, avoid salt
-get rest and keep head elevated as long as bruising persist
-don't exercise or any strenuous activity (vacuum, mopping floors etc) until PS ok's this!
-staying positive helps, I vent on here!!! I have also visualized how I will look after
-take lots of photos in good light
Happy healing!
These are just suggestions that have helped me thru two surgeries check with your PS

19 days post op. Pictures

I went back yesterday and the plastic surgeon drained the right side hematoma. Had lots of pain yesterday but this am the pain is better and the swelling/bruising is going down. I still have knots on my neck and I have two puckered areas on my chin scar that better go away. I'm massaging neck non-stop.

Update since surgery 6/27/14

Almost 5 weeks post op and my neck is a mess! I have lumps on the side of my long scar! I have hard knots up and down my neck! I still have bruising on my face. You can see the lines pulled tight under my skin!!! What a HUGE mistake I have made, I WAY over spent on this and I look a mess!!! I am so sad I don't even want to post anymore pictures on here!! PLUS I AM ALWAYS IN PAIN!!!!

Three strikes, I'm out

I emailed my PS, after discussing my case with two of the PS I used to work with out of state and they both agreed that some things went grossly wrong. Although they were careful in the words they chose not to place blame on Dr. Fee. They said words like probable and likely but I could see clearly what they meant. What they both said is the the suture line was drawn too tight and this created too much tension in the jaw neck area and possibly the wrong (they didn't use that word I have), type of suture material was used. They would have to see the OR report. They both agreed I should not have had LIPO to begin with I was never a good candidate and he should have waited at least 6-8 months depending on the healing process before attempting the first revision. Long story short, a lot of things went wrong to get me into the mess I am in and I am NOT happy because it's going to be a long time before I can fix this!! I also have spent 1100 of Juvederm when I was under and look at my messed up lips!! WTH There are other things wrong too, but again I am way too overwhelmed to get into it all now!! Thanks for all your support and kind words!
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon