So Far So Good - Jacksonville, FL

I am 40 years, active and thin. I have a tummy...

I am 40 years, active and thin. I have a tummy bulge or pooch and it drives me crazy because no matter how much I exercise or how I eat, its always there. I looked into liposuction but right now I just don't have the time for down time. Coolsculpting seems like a good way to target the area without the downtime or expense of lipo. The technician wasnt sure I actually had enough to treat but when I sat down and showed her the difference between standing straight up and sitting she measured and decided I was a good candidate. We did one small applicator to the lower abdomen. I admit to being somewhat nervous after reading the negative reviews but after my treatment I am hopeful. I had absolutely no pain and I wouldn't really even call the procedure uncomfortable. It is a very odd feeling when the applicator is attached but my technician did a good job of distracting me and having me breath and after a minute or two I felt fine. I was able to work on my computer and felt fine. The massage again was odd but not at all painful and now a couple hours out, most of the numbness and redness is gone, I see no bruising and overall feel fine. I will keep you updated with progress and pictures.

Day 4

Still doing well. A few twinges or cramps here and there but less than menstral cramps and they respond well to the arnica gel.

2 Week update

Everything is still going really well. Bruising never happened, I only had about three days of swelling and very little pain about day 5-6. On days 10-13 there was mild itching that was relived by rubbing arnica gel on it. At this point almost all of the numbness is completely resolved and I already see some difference. There is simply not as much fat to grab :) I will update with photos when I'm home later.

Two weeks :)

Side view 2 weeks

3 week update

I can definitely tell a difference. Especially in the amount of fat I can pinch. I am seriously considering trying to have my flanks done but I am not sure yet if there is enough there so I will have to go in for another consult first. When I am putting lotion on my belly there are still some spots that I notice tingle a little but that is the only time I notice it at all. I am starting to notice some loose skin which is one of the main reasons for the massage.

3 week pictures

3 week

side view

4 Week update.

It seems like it has stalled a bit but I did fall off the wagon with my diet. I started exercising again this week and being more careful about what I eat to get it started again. Overall am happy with the results especially because its only week 4 so I know that there is still more to come.

5 week update

I have started to get a bit more serious about the diet and exercise and am starting to see a bit of improvement again. Not the drastic change of the first couple weeks but at least heading in the right direction.

6 weeks

8 Weeks?

I think I'm 8 weeks out now. Progress has slowed and is most obvious in the morning before normal daily bloating takes over. Looking back through the pictures, it was definitely worth it for me. I would have loved to get my flanks done or even more off the abdomen but since there is not enough fat left, I will wait until the 12 week mark and do venus freeze if I still feel a need to do anything at that point.
Aqua Spa

Technician is very nice and knowledgeable. Beautiful facility, very comfortable and clean and the staff is very attentive. The doctor I only met once but she is very nice as well and I felt that they did a good job listing pros and cons and making sure that I had reasonable expectations.