Full Face Dermabrasion - Jacksonville, FL

I've made and canceled this procedure 3 different...

I've made and canceled this procedure 3 different times. My husband and my friends all feel I'm making a mistake. Even two of the women who work in the scheduling department feel I don't need to do this.They think I'm CRAZY!!! But I have so many acne scars all over my face and I would love to be rid of them forever! Dr Wallace feels that I'll be very happy. I am afraid though with all the negative opinions around me and all the bad reviews I've read on line. I pray my results are good.

Healing from Dermabrasion

Days 1 thru 4

Day 8

Full face dermabrasion

3 weeks and 5 days after dermabrasion

Still not sure

I need to wait until the red is gone from my face to rate dermabrasion and for my skin to heal up from the breakouts. It has been one month and 3 days. The red and the breakouts are a draw back though. In my opinion. I'll give my final rating in another month. I need to see my face with all the acne and redness gone to be able to see the true results.

Nothing has changed.

It us now March 13,2014 and my complexion us worse and every scar is still there. All I did was throw my 2000.00 dollars away. It is not worth it!
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Sorry about your latest update, hopefully collagen is still building and will get better. Thank you for sharing your story.
So sorry to see your latest update. How disappointing. Many thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sure you've helped a lot of people.
Have you experienced enlarged pores?
Roshdi hi! I can tel you that i still can see my scars. My doctor told me that my overall appearance will be better that my scars will be less noticable. Before i had my dermabrasion i thought that theywould
Sorry about that. Anyway i thought they would be gone. I guess i misunderstood what my doctor was telling me. My skin is fair too.
Thank you kimmie So how do you feel how much did u need to go in public ? I have 10 days off from work would that be enough ? In general , do you think it is worth it
Roshdi, You will still be very red after 10 days. You'll beable to wear camaflouge makeup (not sure how its spelled) and that will help cover the red. I'm told it takes several months to see the final results. It takes time for your skin to heal and the collagen to build back up and once that happens your scars will be less noticeable :) I can't give you my honest opinion yet on weather i think it's worth it or not. I had it done Dec. 19th and it is only Jan. 29th. Give me another month and i should beable to answer you better. I hope you get the results you are wanting. Please keep me posted. I'll do the same :)
hello im planning to have dermabrasion this week but im not really sure hoe effective it gonna be with me. i have white skin and tried laser 2X didnt work . I'??
kimmie My question is : would u encourage me to do dermabrasion ? What improvement i should expect? thank you.....feel better
How did your dermabrasion turn out? Are you happy with the way things are looking so far?
Hello , it's been a week since I did my dermabrasion , my face is red with some bruises. I can see my scares like i did nothing may be with slight improvements on forehead , to be frank I'm not impressed with results so far , hopefully it will better soon.
Yes i can see every scar like i had nothing done. My doctor told me that they woukd be less visable that my overall appearence would be much better but i can't tell yet due to all the red and uneven skin tone.
Kimmie06, Did see any improvements on your scars...or they just the same as was before the procedure..from the the pic it is difficult to see your scars..
I've been diligently following your posts. I'm 2 weeks out from my procedure and have been cleared for makeup, however, it is just too drying for my taste. Are you only wearing powder makeup? How red are you still? I'm still bright red with a lot of uneven skin tone.
I only wear powdered makeup. I'm afraid to try the other in fear of it clogging my Pores and causing more acne. My skin is still red and i too have uneven skin tone but not like it was. Your skin tone will get better as time passes by. Have you had any acne and can you still see your scars? I can see all of mine.
I haven't had any acne. You wrote that you were using Vaseline - I used Neosporin - not sure if that made a difference. I can see a few scars, but nothing too worrisome. I'm about 2 weeks behind you so that might change. Thank you for your reply!
Neosporin? Did you have a full face dermabrasion that runs around 2000 ? I really caked the vasiline on in fear of my face scaring from the scabs. I'm sure that is the cause of my breakouts. Makes sense. What kind of scars did you have? What do you know about the redness and how long will i have to deal with it? I can't wait for it to go away. Thanks for keeping in touch with me.
Yes - my dermabrasion cost $2700 so I assume it was the same as yours. I too caked on the ointment for fear of scarring. I had/have boxcar and rolling scars. What about you? The redness should last for a total of 3 months or so. My doctor said by then, I'd be able to get a good idea as to how well the procedure worked. Between 6-12mo, I should see the final results!
I was wondering how you are doing after your dermabrasion. Please keep me posted.
I'm excited to see your final results! I'm one week out from my dermabrasion and am feeling hopeful. Thanks for sharing your story!
Well it now has been 3 weeks and 2 days since my dermabrasion and I wore powdered makeup for the first time snce my procedure. It really helped to cover up the reddess and the zits. Ifelt luke my old self again :) i still have alot of redness and the zits are healing. I think once I'm healed I beleive I'm gonna be happy with my results. I'll keep you all posted.
So sorry about my spelling mistakes but I guess my vision fails me at times not to mention how tiny the letters are. LOL!
Great to hear, happy healing! :)
I'm curious what tool was used for the dermabrasion? s.g. diamond head, rotary. Thank you!
Yes a diamond head rotary was used.