Woo Hoo!!! - Jacksonville, FL

I have somewhat large but very asymmetrical...

I have somewhat large but very asymmetrical breasts, and I'm tired of being constantly obsessed and embarrassed by them. I'm tired of saying "I hate my boobies" to my husband every other day. I'm ready to take control and do something about it.

Hey, ladies. That's not how I wanted to start my...

Hey, ladies. That's not how I wanted to start my first review. I decided to work on it throughout the day and had just typed out a couple of thoughts I wanted to make sure I got in. Next thing you know, my 2 year old ran off with my mouse, clicking indiscriminately, and somehow pressed the Submit button. Aghhhh! So let me try this again...

Hey, everyone. I'm 43 years old, 5'6", and around 150lb. My surgery is scheduled for June 12, and I couldn't be more excited. I've been reading all your reviews and comments on this website since I found it a week ago, and I can't tell you how much it has helped. I almost feel guilty posting and complaining about my breasts because (thank you, Jesus), mine are large but not painfully large. They're just so incredibly asymmetrical. I don't even know exactly what size I should call them, but I currently wear a 36DD bra. It's too large for one and too small for the other. I dislike them so much. Dislike isn't even the right word, but I hate to say that I hate them. You know what I mean. I can't stand the fact that one hangs a full inch or more lower than the other, and let's admit it, ladies, there ain't nobody who finds that sexy. The weird thing is that until I was around 24, I was a B cup, and then KABAM my genetics kicked into overdrive and I ended up with this. Regardless of how much I work out and how thin I get, they're still too big and too lopsided.

So for our 20th anniversary this year, my husband said that if I wanted to get them reduced, I should do it. We both knew that it would take a miracle to get our insurance to pay for it (DENIED), but we're doing it anyway. And as excited as I am, I also am feeling very guilty. I feel guilty because of the cost. I feel guilty because, although I sometimes get headaches and shoulder pain, this truly is more cosmetic than anything else. I feel guilty because of what my husband is going to have to do during my recovery. And I really feel guilty that I'm almost volunteering to miss time with my 2yo for several weeks. Is this normal to feel like this? I've read so many posts from you ladies who say that you want to be able to run after your children, which you just can't do now. That's not me. And so the guilt weighs on me. I'm not fearful at all (at least not yet, anyway). But I can't help but wonder if I'm doing the right thing for these other reasons.

Anybody have any words of advice? My husband has been so supportive (and with the end result being small, perky boobs and no longer having to hear me moan and whine about them, who could blame him?). But the rest of my family just doesn't understand. Whenever I try to talk to them about it, I get a lot of "hmmmm's" and "are you sure you want to do this?". I know they'll kick in and help when needed, but that only adds to my guilt.

Aghhhh. I can't wait until I'm on the other side of this and can press my Worth It button. I don't remember who it was now, but when I read the review of the lady who wore a tank top without a bra for the first time, I almost cried with happiness for her and for myself that I was finally going through with it. These mixed emotions are killing me :)

Oh, Susan, I'm so glad that everything is going so well. Isn't it amazing when you can wear things that you've never been able to before? I remember when I bought a cardigan sweater last fall. I couldn't have been more excited. I have never been able to pull that look off without looking like the Michelin Man! And this summer I was strutting my stuff around a waterpark without a cover-up! I've been liberated :-D I hope you continue to enjoy your summer and your new freedoms. Please keep me updated on how you are doing!
hey, Iowa! it's 6 weeks tomorrow, and I'm still just as thrilled as I was on day 1. things are going really well. I'm about 95% back to normal. I had 3 small spots that weren't healing as quickly as I'd liked, but 2 out of the 3 are good to go now, and the 3rd is on its way. my breasts are still swollen and a little tight and lumpy, but who cares! I went shopping yesterday and actually fit into a size small shirt. I could've cried with joy :)

Hey, Susan! Just checking in to see how you are feeling?

Oreo chasers are my favorite!! Hope you are feeling well, Susan! Can't wait to hear from you, but I will suffer while you are resting up. Hugs to you!
Haha!! I know what you mean about the pictures! I looked at mine and nearly fell down. I can't even imagine what they would have been like a few months ago and 7/8kgs heavier! i have a day shopping in Bangkok tomorrow, so I might buy us a couple of tiaras! gunna need them being the queens of them"itty bitty titties". Will send you yours!
You ladies are a hoot! I never would've expected to be this excited the night before surgery. I can honestly say its only because of this website and all the support from wonderful women like you. And now if you'll excuse me, I have 33 minutes left before I am not allowed to eat or drink, so I believe I'm going to go fix myself a snack. I've been dieting forever to try to get a perky little body to go with my perky little boobies, but I've given myself permission to eat what I want tonight. I'm thinking chips and salsa, with an Oreo chaser :)

Good luck, Susan! I'll be thinking of you. Get plenty of rest and update when you can!
thanks, Iowa! I don't even know if I'm going to be able to sleep tonight, not from fear but from pure excitement! can't wait to let you know how easy-peasy this whole thing was and be able to say that I should've done it decades ago! woo hoo!

Hey, sleep is overrated anyway! Plus you will have plenty of time to sleep tomorrow and for the next 2 weeks. There is no problem with staying up half the night looking at every picture on here and reading every post...again...for the thirty-second time...not that I know what that is like :-)

I know you will do fabulously! So super excited for you!
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I have just finished packing for my flight to the hospital for my surgery In a couple of days, and as I am reading your post, it bought me to tears. Why are we so hard on ourselves as women? You have very right to have this done and NOT a a moment of guilt! You have every right to feel beautiful and be confident. It might seem frivolous to some people - but they aren't in your shoes. They don't know what it's like! While you are recovering, get on the Internet, and check out all those pretty things you want to wear. Because now you CAN! Enjoy your new body and be proud! Wishing you a speedy recovery.
thanks, Colly! I know you're right -- I'm an expert at giving myself guilt trips. but you and Iowa most definitely helped put things in perspective. Another thing that helped is that I had my husband take before pics of me tonight, and good lord! I obviously knew that they were large when I was looking at them in the mirror all these years, but until I saw them through the camera, I had NO IDEA. Geez, if I had taken a couple of naked pics of myself in my young and wild days, I would've had the surgery FOREVER ago. :) so every time I feel guilty about my dear husband having to take care of me and our wild little boy, I'm going to pull up those pictures and realize why I did it.

I'm remarkably calm tonight and just can't wait to start the recovery process. only a couple more days for you as well. I'll update as soon as I can and can't wait to hear about how successful your surgery went. Good luck, Colly!
Susan,

Wishing you all the best for tomorrrow...I will be thinking of you. My husband asked me also several months ago if I wanted to consider this....it was a very difficult decision for me and I choose not to include my family in the decision, only my husband and children, one of which had BR when she was finished with high school.

I had my surgery on June 1st...and I feel great....very sore and tender and swollen, but I have been wearing sports bras and tank tope and love it!!!!!

I cannot give you advice on small children....I hope they are able to understand that you will not be able to hold them close for awhile...I know when I go to the store I'm afraid of someone running into me....so I'm very careful...But, the actual surgery was not as bad as I thought ( I did not have to have drains which is a blessing)

Good Luck to you, I know you will be happy to feel like a normal woman with normal breasts. You will LOVE it.

Lizzy
thanks, Lizzy! really appreciate the encouraging words. I was just reading your profile today, and I so loved when you said that you no longer have to worry about the surgery and can just focus on the recovery. I can't wait for that! No drains for me either, so I'm hoping my recovery goes as well as yours. I'll try to post an update in the next couple of days. woo hoo!

Hi Susan! Thanks for your posts...both of them :-) That cracked me up!

I would say to you that this is your decision and nobody else has to "get it" You and your husband are the ones that will be knee deep in recovery and he sounds like he is all for it for you. As far as the cosmetic aspect I would argue the fact that most people don't need orthodonture for medical reasons or Lasix eye surgery or highlights in their hair or bikini waxes or any number of "tortures" that we put ourselves through for cosmetic purposes. If one side of your nose was longer than the other not many people would begrudge you a rhinoplasty.

Again this is your decision, don't feel guilty about it. And don't feel like you have to rationalize it. And as far as your two year old, I bet he/she would love the fact that for two weeks Mommy has nothing better or more pressing to do than to read books, watch movies, and color pictures!

Good luck!
Iowa, I would bear hug you if I could! That is exactly what I needed to hear. Amazing how a little logic from a perfect stranger puts everything back into perspective.

So now I'll go back to being ridiculously excited. Excited about being able to wear light colored shirts without feeling like everyone is staring at my chest. Excited about being able to wear a tshirt that actually fits and doesn't hang 2 inches down my shoulders. Excited about being able to wear a dress that fits me on top and bottom, not to mention cute little bras and nightgowns and swimsuits. And excited that all my middle-aged girlfriends are going to hate me for my perfect boobies.

I'm sure I'll be posting more as my surgery gets closer -- 4 weeks from today!! But I wanted to say thanks again for your kind words. Can't tell you how much they mean. I have a friend who lives in Ames, and next time I visit, I'm going to look you up and deliver that bear hug in person. :)

I will look forward to that hug, Susan! I have a cousin in Ames, so I could plan a visit too and we can meet up!

Amazing fact for me...I've had a shirt for years that had a keyhole shape cut into the neckline that I was never able to wear because it showed way too much cleavage. Wore it the other day...no bulging boobs showed at all! Just looked like a normal shirt!

Its little things like that that really makes it worth it!

[[Bear Hug]] back at you!