57, Newly Divorced, Gifting Myself with Breasts - Jacksonville, FL

Dr. Duffy and Barbara have been great so far. They...

Dr. Duffy and Barbara have been great so far. They have taken much time to explain everything to this nervous Nellie. I had my preop appointment this week, and will go shopping for my bras, panty liners for bra, and fill my prescriptions. Surgery is a week from today! Will update next week after surgery.

Day of Surgery: 4 hours post-op

I'm feeling a little sore, but the pain pills (hydro codone 5, acetaminophen 325) are working great. No nausea and I have phenergan supps just in case. Dulcolax for possible constipation. So far, I'm feeling great. My breasts seem rather large, but I know they will reduce down after swelling is past. I go for stitch removal on Friday ( surgery was today-Wednesday) and I will get more details about which size he went with, etcetera. I picked a range, with Dr. Duffy free to use his professional judgement once he was "in there." I trust his artististic, and surgical experience. I will update as I know more! I'm so excited and already feel sexier! Lol

48 hours PostOp

I had the bandages removed today. Got my first look at the new breasts, and I think I am going to love them. Dr said everything looks good. Pain is practically nonexistent, and the heavy feeling from yesterday has gone away. I'm only taking Tylenol now. If I can figure out how to post a picture with my new phone, I will. I'm swollen, and still high, so my nipples look low ( and rough with the strips and stitches.) This will resolve in time and I am sure they will look great.

Day 8 Post-Op

Day 8, and I'm still high and swollen. I left my Tylenol at home yesterday, and went the whole work day with no pain meds. Towards the end of the day I was feeling uncomfortable, but tolerabke. I won't forget them again!
My breasts feel tight and heavy in the morning, I'm still sleeping at a 45 degree angle.
I have a date on Saturday, so I'm a little nervous. It's only my second date with this guy, and the first date was a month ago, so I'm hoping he won't remember what I looked like before BA. Lol.
I'm debating whether to show them off in a low cut sundress or cover them up, since they're still pretty high and hard. I'm putting a picture of a sundress; opinions please?
I get my stitches out tomorrow. I'm kind of dreading seeing the scars... I'm enjoying my new look, and can't wait until they drop and fluff!

Day 10 Post-Op

Today I awakened, and for the first time, didn't reach for the Tylenol bottle!
Had a follow-up appt with my Dr. yesterday, and everything's going well.
I was told my fruit of the loom sports bra was too loose (felt ok to me- I traded up a size because the smaller one was too tight...oops), and it was really important that I support the breasts while they are going though this healing/shaping phase.
So I went to Dillard's and was fitted for a Wacoal Sports bra. I immediately felt the comfort and support! I slept in it last night, and think that is why I was pain free this morning. It was expensive ($58), but worth it. Even if I can't wear it when my swelling goes away, it is still worth it for proper support for heaking.

I was also told, no exercise for at least 4-5 weeks to allow the delicate sutures around my areola to heal with minimal scarring. It was hard to hear, but I will do it for the best outcome. I will exercise in my mind, I guess. Lol
So, still haven't decided what to wear on my date tonight. Hahaha. I think I'm going to go midrange on cleavage and tightness. Moderation is key, don't you think?
No more antibiotics to take! Yay!
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Duffy spent plenty of time explaining the procedure and answering my many questions. He even made me laugh in spite of myself.