finally did it!

I researched the lift and augmentation for TEN...

I researched the lift and augmentation for TEN years!!! I felt like I "knew too much" and could almost go in and perform one myself, Lol.

I am 5'4" and VERY athletic. I participate intriathlons and short distant running events. I weighed 150 in college and when I lost the weight over 20 years ago, my stomach bounced back but my breasts did not. But they weren't very saggy, just not perky.

I had my one son in 2003 and again, my stomach bounced back (not ONE stretch mark) but my breasts were another story.

I became extremely conscious when bending over. I knew if someone got a glimpse down my shirt, they'd be horrified. I cried in dressing rooms when trying on bras because I felt like they have all been made for girls that had their boobs done. UUUGGGHHH!!!!! When I worked out, I looked like I was flat chested because I was able to roll everything up into a SMALL sports bra. For me, the more I could squish it in, the better I was in competing without them bouncing around.

But I was scared. Scared of going under and leaving my family, scared of the unknown, scared of complications, scared of opening up a 'can of worms'.

My husband and son would tell me I am beautiful but my husband would also tell me he would support me in any journey I felt I needed to take.

Another obstacle I had for years was picking up and carrying my son. I would NOT get this elective surgery while I was still able to pick him up and carry him and love on him! I would not sacrifice six (or more weeks) of losing that. So when my son turned 8, and weighed over 55 lbs, I decided it was time to go on some consults.

I had my full anchor lift and augmentation on June 30th, 2011. I am less than 3 weeks post op but feel very good. I have been in the gym since PO day 8 riding the stationary bike (with PS approval). I will see my PS tomorrow for my 2nd follow up and hope to get the paper tape off and some external stitches removed.

Will update later. Will try to post pics as well.

how is the scarring coming along? im considering breast lift but not sure if its worth the scars ughh :(
I turn 50 in Feb and I've decided it's going to be 'fab 50'. I just had a browlift and I'm working my way down. I've been a D cup my whole adult life but I could totally relate to your story. In a good bra I look amazing but alone ....gravity found me too, though I have had 5 kids my breast are really good but the bending over part...ya....they look like those pull string purses Victorian women carried. It's time but my boobs...man...it is hard isn't it??? However your attitude and pics have started me on my education about the procedure on a very positive note. My daughter had hers done because she didn't get the 'boob' gene and got them for size, hers are great so I have found the doctor...I'm military and very active, still jumping out of planes, deploying etc.. so I was especially interested in how you felt in relation to your activities. How is your sensitivity? Is it coming back? PS You look amazing!! You need a sidebar blog on your ab workout!!!:)
Glad to hear you're happy with your results. What size are you measuring now? I am 5'4. 34C going with 250 ccs.
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon