My Lipo Experience in Michigan - Jackson, MI

At 44 I did not like what I saw in the mirror. I...

At 44 I did not like what I saw in the mirror. I decided to have liposuction about 3 years ago. I chickened out 2 years ago, but this year I decided to go for it. After doing research I decided against going over seas (to far away to have an operation) even though the prices were tempting. I decided to have Dr. Sampson, in Jackson, MI perform my surgery. After viewing his pictures I saw a picture of a lady whose stomach looked liked mine and I loved the results. I liked his demeanor and the staff was helpful, very helpful. I was extremely nervous the day of the procedure everyone made me feel comfortable.

I want to note: after reading some of his reviews I became afraid. He had mixed reviews. My experience was pleasant, I was not in pain the 1st day. I was shocked. Later in the day I started to become sore. Now, its day 4 out and I'm still sore but I'm moving around and feeling good. The compression belt keeps creeping up my side and that concerns me, but the pain level on a scale of 1-10 is a 2 and thats for the discomfort while trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in, recline, or get up from a sitting or laying down. My stomach is swollen right now, so now I play the waiting game.

9 days out

Feeling good. Stomach does not look good still dark and tender.

Skin is warm to the touch

I had my check up yesterday. Everything went well. My doctor saw me for about 3.5 minutes max. He looked at my tummy and sides said everything looked okay and he would see me in 6 six week. My tummy is hard and warm to the touch. I received a massage from a friend and it was grueling but I feel better now. I can see my waist line but my stomach is still swollen.

Loving my results

I love the results. I have a waistline again. Im still sore. My friend pushed my side the other day, I started to scream. I have two knots one on my side and one on my stomach. They are very hard. My friend rubs them, but it is not helping the swelling go down.

I'm going back for my Back

My experience with Dr. Sampson was wonderful. I lost upward of 40pds. When a person losses to much weight with out weight lifting or exercise there skin can sag. With me I lost the weight and my butt. Im African-American having a nice round butt is mandatory if you want an "ideal" shape. So, I tried to gain some weight back for my butt. In the process I got my gut back. I am going to go back and have my back rolls and sagging skin taken care of. I am excited. I wish I would have had my fat injected into my butt. He has excellent prices.

Getting a re-do

I lost a lot of weight after lipo, by eating really clean. No, bread, no sugar, no potatoes, no rice, no soda, and I drink a lot of water. Well, after losing 42 pds, people began to say I did not have a butt. So I started to eat to gain weight, but now I have my tummy back. So, I'm scheduled for a consultation on Thursday. I will be getting my back rolls, arms, and tummy reduced.
Jackson Plastic Surgeon