Help Me Please, my Eyes Look Much Worst After a Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty - Italy, IT

I'am italian and I live in Roma. I am 55 years old...

I'am italian and I live in Roma. I am 55 years old. My beauty strenght were the eyes, and so I decide on March 28th 2013, two mounths ago, to have a complete blefaroplastic surgery to refresh the look. Now I'am disperate my eyes are down and make my look sad, It's like the eyebrown, now, are lower and puffy, I have scar, and no impruvement at all. Sorry for my English, it's better I send pictures. Before (Prima in Italian) and After (Dopo in Italian).
Thanks for your help
Best Regards

What should you do after four mounths from my bad eyelid surgery?

I have more eyebags than before, my eyes look down and sad,hollowness and I have a little sclera under my left eye.
I talked with some doctors in Rome Italy, and they said that the doctor did the Blepharoplasty to me, he did completely wrong, the incision he did throw down instead of up and remove too much. One of them sayd that can be correct with a new surgery with cantopexy , fat implantation and repositioning , and browns lift. What do you think? Thank you for your gentle reply.
Fabio Massimo Abenavoli

He keep saying he didn't do nothing wrong. He's no serius at all, he didn't explained me nothing before, during or after.

well..i've lived here in milan for five years and would never get it done here in italy. You don't look too bad, don't worry, the upper eye lids look better anyway.
Hello pimpy, I feel exactly as you do. My eye shape has changed from almond shaped to roundish, my eyes droop laterally and they are hollowed out. I regret having had a blepharoplasty every day of my life. I look in the mirror & I don't recognize the person looking back at me, it's devastating to have to live with...I only hope is that the PS's will stop touting this surgery as "rejuvenating" it is anything but! By removing fat from patients eyes it ages the eyes & is not aesthetically pleasing at all. Sorry, I know just how you feel :(
Any updates? I'd love to know how you're doing and feeling. I know we are all always our own worst critics, I remember a friend pulling her hair in frustration once when it didn't do what she wanted it to, and it looked the same either way to me 8-) But truthfully I thought your eyes look great. Update your pics too please. Thanks and all the best to you.
I am 8 weeks post op from a lower blepharoplasty, I have a cictrical ectropion in left eye and a bag of fluid under right eye that is painful to the touch. The ps told me " I don't know whats going on with you. I had fat transfer into tear troughs. Is it possible that the body just doesn't want the fat there? I also developed an infection from the first week post op. My primary doc found the infection, I am 6 days into a 10 day round of Seput it has not.tra. I thought the swelling would subside due to the infection, b
Thanks for all your answer. I'll let you know. Thank you!!
Like many others my doctor assures me that I shouldn't expect anything to look exactly the way I expected for at least 3 months. Of course there are things that go terribly wrong early on, but from the photos I don't think that's the case with you. If your doctor thinks you are progressing well, then it's probably too soon to worry. Some days my eyes do look noticeably better (at 2.5 weeks) and other days they look worse than before the surgery. But in the greater scheme of things I see overall improvement and I think you will too. You do have beautiful eyes, before and after!
Thank you anli1974. I hope so, I'll let you know, best wishes to you too!!
My surgeon has told me to be patient as it can take 3-6 months for swelling to reduce and disappear. Also, as we get older, it takes longer to heal. So be patient and hang in there.
Thank you! I hope so.
I am going through something similar but it's only been 10 days so i shall wait two months before i get worried!! It's scary though..best wishes
Thank you! Best wishes to you too!
I'm almost 3 weeks post op and I keep saying I wish I hadn't had the upper eyelid surgery done. My friends and others (on this site) tell me the same thing. Be patient and give it time. While my incisions are healed and hardly noticeable to anyone, to MY touch they are thick and not healing the way I wish they would. If the skin on the eyelid is supposedly the thinnest on the human body, then why is it thick when it heals? Stupid question, I know. Another concern I have is... at the end of each incision (straight down from the end of my brow line) is the last stitch which is almost a bump type scar. The PS tells me to massage it for 5 minutes each day and it will eventually go away on each eye. Any suggestions? By the way... I think your eyes are absolutely stunning - both before AND after!
Hi, breezysb, thank you you are too kind but my eyes now there are not beautiful. how are you now? For me it's almost the same.....
My eyes feel tight all the time. Does that make sense? LOL. Scars feel thick, although it will only be a Monday on Wednesday. One of my co-workers was a surgical assistant in this type of surgery for better than 5 years and tells me that I'm progressing beautifully but I'm being hard on myself. From what he said, the stitches that were visible (you know... the ones that looked like fishing line that they took out after 2 weeks) weren't the only stitches put in. Guess there are others beneath that dissolve on their own. That's the reason that at the end of each eye there's this 'bump' type scar. The stitch on the inside hasn't dissolved yet! Hmmm. Like edinburg56 says, the hardest part is waiting for all of this to be over. My post-of appointment is June 24th so I'll know more then!
It just takes time. That's the hardest part, waiting. But I think they look beautiful. My dr said 3 months until final results. For some people up to a year. So be patient, it will be fine.
Thank you!

Welcome to RealSelf. I agree with KRFNP; I know it's really frustrating but it can take some time to see the final results of your surgery. Hang in there. :)

Also, please feel free to post on the Doctor Q&A Forum for some expert opinions on your situation.

I'm sorry you did not have the results you were seeking. From many of the comments of the plastic surgeons on this site, you should continue to have improvement for the next 6 to 12 months. It is still very early to consider any revisions and you should still continue to heal. It is very difficult to be patient with healing when it's not going as well as you had hoped. I am very lucky at 7 weeks out, and have achieved the results I was hoping for. I would call your surgeon that is responsible and see what you should expect and maybe get a second opinion. Good luck to you. I have traveled to its Italy 13 times and have family in Roma. It's a beautiful city.
Thanks to all yours answers. I' am asking other doctors opinion. Yestarday I met the first and told me the same you wrote to me. It's very difficult to be patient, but I think that some thing can improve a little bit, but I don't think that the eye can lift alone, at list like was before..... :( I can see other people with amazing positive result in few weeks!! I am glad you like Italy and Roma. Yes it's wonderful! I've been in New York, Atlanta, Phoenix, Portland Oregon, Reno and San Francisco. I liked all of them expecially USA Nature.