Can I Really Wear Shorts Again? - Irving, TX

I have been plagued with cellulite for the past 5...

I have been plagued with cellulite for the past 5 years, and I haven't worn shorts since. I'm already pretty curvy, but after my baby came more dimples and stretch marks. Although my cellulite is not horrible, it has been a source of embarrassment for me. I even try to hide it from my husband. I will be having my procedure this weekend!|

I met with Dr. Powell and was instantly excited about the potential of having smooth thighs. After my one consultation with him, I really didn't want to go anywhere else. He seemed just as excited as I did. I love Dr. Powell and his staff. Courtney is such a doll! Dr. Powell explained everything to me very carefully and answered all my questions. I hope this works. I posted a few before pics.

Will post more after the procedure. And yes, the bum is kinda large...can't do much about that. LOL!

I have to agree with juswannawearshorts, I don't see hardly any cellulite in your pictures, but I know how amazingly picky I am about my own stuff, so totally understand if it bothers you.

Are you going to be just treating the upper front legs, or are you having the backsides done as well?

Either way wishing you the absolute best results!!!

Can't wait to read about your procedure! I think you look great in the pics you posted, but I know we are our own worst enemy! I hope you get the results you're looking for!

I think you look great in your "before" shots.

Just had my procedure. I feel absolutely fine....

Just had my procedure. I feel absolutely fine. Still pretty numb, so I'm not feeling much at all. Dr. Powell was great. I can't say enough about him and his wonderful staff. The numbing process was a bit painful, but it was over before you know it. Now, I'm off to eat dinner with my hubby before the numbing meds wear off. Praying that the results go a smoothly as the procedure did!

ihatecellulite, I'm so happy you are having your procedure. How nice will it be to be able to be fit and finally not have to hide your body under long skirts and jeans.
I'm doing really well. I got to take off the compression garment today when I showered. I don't have a lot a bruising at all. I feel like I see a bit of a difference in a couple of the dimples I had under my bum, but it's really hard to tell with all the markings, swelling and indentions from the bandages and garment. I promised myself not to really look until my post-op. I haven't had to take anything for pain. But this compression garment SUCKS! I have a post-op on Monday! I hope I see a difference then!
Dear shortsplease: congrats on it going smoothly! I am jealous haha. Keep us posted on how you're doing!!!

Woke up this morning to some pretty smooth legs. I...

Woke up this morning to some pretty smooth legs. I have no bruising, which is weird, but hey I'm ok with that. If my legs look this god already, I can imagine what they Will look like in a few weeks. I can't wait to work out. GET CELLULAZE FRIENDS!!!!

Okay I called the office to vent and they put me on the phone with a nice girl who's 22 also and had it done 2 weeks ago. She said I can wear Spanx on the weekends and as long as I have compression for 3 full weeks by the 3rd weekend I'll be fine to put on a bikini depending. Her swelling and brushing were gone and she had just 12 sectors I'm getting 14. She really put my mind at ease and said the tiny incision sites just put a lot of suncreen to avoid scars by the 3rd week. I'm going to do it. As long as I just avoid the beach I'll get a cool cover up for my bottoms and Spanx to go out at night on the weekends I'm okay with :). I'm going for it! So tired of being scared and living with a lumpy booty!

It's so nice to hear everyone's difference opinions. I'm in sales so I need to dress up during the day but I can stick to black dress pants or loose dresses for the 3 weeks.

I totally can wear the compression garment 24/7 Monday- Friday but switch to Spanx Friday night and Saturday night and put it back on Sunday.

My main concerns are of course Friday nights if I wear shorts, but mostly Saturday during the day I'd like to catch a couple rays with my friends on the beach ... do you think that would be so bad just during the day? I can try to get some sheer beach pants. I'll do the best I can but like I said it's mainly this one day of the week.

I started taking the bromelin and arnica so I hope that helps the bruising as well and swelling.

Glad to here there are no large incisions either, I honestly didn't know what to expect
AlmostFamous,

This is day three for me, and I have been wearing the garment 24-7. It has zippers on the side so it doesn't really look good in anything too fitted. My doctor said I should wear it for three weeks and then switch to the spanx. I actually bought a pair of spanx today and I do plan on switching to them for a few hours next week. I definitely think that it is important to be compliant, however I think I need a little break. I only plan on switching out for a couple hours a day and then back to the garment.

As far as what I'm wearing. I stick to sundresses. The garment comes below the knee so most of my dress are long or Tea length.

I showered 24 hours after my procedure. When it's time to shower, I take the garment off and shower as normal. There is no wound to really keep clean. I have a tiny tiny little incision in which I apply a little neosporin.

I hope this was helpful. Let me know if you need anything else.

Owwww....5 Days after my procedure and I'm just...

Owwww....5 Days after my procedure and I'm just really starting to feel pain. My legs are really achy now. They seem to hurt more when I take off the compression garment. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I must have been floating on my numbing high for the first few days. I'm a bit down today. Had to take some meds for pain. And my compression garment is irritating me. My legs feel so itchy. I just want to make sure I give you guys the good and bad of my experience. I'm still thinking positive. It'll all be worth it room :)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Soon not room....LOL.

Soon not room....LOL.

Shorts Please: DUDE! Your legs look amazing in your before pix! Okay, I am 13 days post procedure and I am so over my compression garment. The zippers down the side are hurting me. It's fine for about 6 hrs and then my skin starts to hurt. I called my office to ask permission to switch to spanx and my MD is in Russia, so I can't get an answer, but they strongly suggested I wear it for another week until he is back and stay compliant. NOT the answer I wanted. I think I will sleep in the spanx though (I usually do 8hrs) b/c when I roll over the zipper digs into my side and wakes me and boom, I can't fall back asleep. I am also wearing the same 3 things over and over again b/c my garment goes just above my knees and shows in all of my dresses (that are too short or have slits). I have never wanted time to go by so quickly! I hope and pray this works. Keep us updated on your progress girl! xx LC
Almostfamous: wondering what you are getting done..like are you getting cellulaze on the back of your both your thighs to just above your knee, or just your butt? I'd like to eventually wear spanx too...

I think I'm dealing with a bit of depression. I've...

I think I'm dealing with a bit of depression. I've been so sore. I have seen some results, but not in the main area I was concerned with. I'm having crazy "what if I'm the one person it doesn't work on" thoughts. Even though I know it may take up to 6 mos to see results. My rational mind knows this, but it does not stop me from feeling down. I did a little research because I wanted to see if this feeling was normal... here is a summary of my research: "Quite frequently patients experience a brief period of "let-down" or depression after cosmetic surgery. Some may subconsciously have expected to feel and look better "instantly," even though they rationally understand that this will not be the case. Patients commonly question their decision to have surgery during the first few days after surgery. " Good to know I may not be alone. #Bummed

Hi girls: I am at 15 days after procedure...still bruised, still wearing zipper garment -YES, the zippers drive me crazy, 'LaPerla' it's not!!! I wear a very soft spanx garment underneath the zippered compression garment - the dr. Said that was OK & it really gave me relief from the 'digging in' of the seams on the sides of the legs.
I agree...everyday I look in the mirror expecting to see a sports illustrated super models behind - lol, I am seeing slight improvements everyday. Walking 30-45 min. A day has really helped me - I want to do more high energy cardio, but just too soon. looking forward to the 6 week mark...xox
Also, has anyone tried using ice? It's hard with the thickness of the garment but I'm trying it too to get the swelling and soreness now. Along with elevating my feet. I actually don't look terribly swollen but I've had some leakage of course the last 2 days but nothing major. I actually like my garment. I'm surprised the zipper hurts you Laurel mine clips like corset first then zippers so the zipper doesn't actually ever touch my skin.

How many days did you all wear the foam for? It really helps with cushion
Shorts hang in there, I showered for the first time last night (with my moms help) and expected it to be gone fast as well, there's just 2 pockets on my butt I hate! However, the tipi foam under the garment gives me a HUGE butt. I have such a small mid section and big boobs I feel like a real Kim kardashian now hshaha! Now only to have a smooth butt! I'll post my review later with Pre op picture, I looked pretty beat up yesterday and I'm sore so I don't want to post those pictures.

It's been two weeks since my procedure. Bruising...

It's been two weeks since my procedure. Bruising and swelling is pretty much gone. I've seen some minimal results on some of my deeper dimples under my bum. I look a lot better in my own mirror then the ones at clothing stores. Ugh!! It's the worse. My advice is to have Cellulaze in the fall because wearing the garment or spanx in the Texas heat is brutal. Also, I would stay away from the bad lighting of dressing room mirrors. The itching from the garment was easily resolved with a great suggestion from Dr. Powell's office. I simply wear some thin tights under my garment. It has helped out tremendously.

Recently, I've been feeling some pea sized bumps under my skin. I calles my doc and they suggested massage and heating pads. They told me I should definitely come in if they are larger than a pea. During the massage, my husband felt more than I thought were there. I think I'm just gonna go in the insure that everything is ok.

Ughhhh I'm 2 weeks out too and still barely ANY results! I still fully can see the 2 dimples I hate and when I sat Indian style yesterday my side dimples were still all there! I don't know what to do I'm getting SO discouraged

Like we are learning from the other ladies, it seems waiting the 3-6 months to see the results is a must, so don't get too discouraged at this point. There is still hope things will improve!!

I am four weeks out now and things are really looking better. Be patient girl. Give it time. Took a long time to get those dimples, it takes awhile for them to go away too!

Well, it's been a month since my procedure. The...

Well, it's been a month since my procedure. The bruising is pretty much gone, however I do see a bit of a dark shadow on the front of my thighs. The achy feeling is gone, however my skin is still sore to the touch. Shaving my legs is still pretty painful.

Now for the important stuff...the results...or, lack there of. I guess because my cellulite was so minimal I was expecting to see results immediately. I have seen the two dimples under my bum become a bit more flush, but my area of main concern(front and inner thighs) look the same, and in one spot, a bit worse. I'm really trying to be optimistic, but I won't be buying shorts anytime soon. I feel a little foolish, and kind of superficial. It sure was a lot of money. Oh well. I'll be patient and see what happens in another month. Good luck ladies.

Just read your update from the 8th, so sorry to hear you are still feeling disappointed. Please don't shame yourself with thoughts of being "foolish" or "superficial". As you can tell from reading through any of the reviews on here, you are not alone in wanting to get rid of cellulite. There is no shame in trying something that is said to improve it. I really, really hope results begin to be seen for you as more time goes on, but even if worst case scenario you see no change, please don't shame yourself for trying.

Hi Real Self Friends, I know It has been a...

Hi Real Self Friends,

I know It has been a minute since I've updated my profile. It has been 9 weeks since my procedure, and I have had a lot of developments since then. First of all, I am expecting my second child. I'm about 12 weeks preggo! I have been beating myself up because as happy as I am about having a new little baby, I was pretty bummed that I had just spend thousands on a procedure that will probably be ruined with all the pregnancy hormones. After slapping myself around a bit I finally stopped the pitty party and started being truly grateful for my new little blessing.

Despite the pregnancy hormones, I am still seeing some results. Am I 100% cellulite free, No, but I would say my cellulite has improved. I'm still a bit chunkier that I would like, but I can see some spots where there is some signs of smoothing. I am hoping to continue to see results, but now I'm just gonna focus on having a healthy pregnancy. See the pics for results!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! And your legs look good!

That is so wonderful that you are expecting!! How exciting! Will you ask your doctor if the pregnancy will actually interfere with your cellulaze results? Since they explain it as "cutting the bands" and thickening the skin it might not change it too much. I'd be curious to hear. Either way - Congratulations!!

Congratulations. Regret nothing. Trust your body. A 2nd baby on the way ... blessed be!
Dr. Charles Powell

No complaints....the procedure went as smooth as I could imagine.