Details of my First Week After Mommy Makeover (Full TT with Muscle & Hernia Repair, 380cc silicone) 38 yrs old

Surgery Day: My mommy makeover took 2 hrs & 45 min...

Surgery Day: My mommy makeover took 2 hrs & 45 min. I had a full tummy tuck with muscle repair (Diastis Recti that was 4" separated) & umbilical hernia repair that made my belly button shift to the right. I also had Sientra Moderate silicone round smooth 380cc breast implants. I got home & managed to go upstairs. I didn't sleep all night long because I was peeing in a cup every hour because your muscles don't work properly to pee like normal so that was the best I could figure out instead of getting out of bed a million times & then nothing would happen on the toilet anyway. Taking 1 pain med every 2 hours.
PO Day 1 (pic) I had to go down the stairs so it was hard. Vomited on the drive to my post-op. I saw the T incision he had to make since I didn't have enough upper body skin to pull my belly button down all the way. A little disappointed that it looks like I have 2 belly buttons now. The surgeon says it's my belly ring hole but it looks just like my original belly button. Started doing 10 min walks around the hallway. Taking 2 pain meds every 4 hours.
PO Day 2 I'm walking a little better today but still with pain. Taking 2 pain meds every 6 hours. Starting using a donut cushion for my butt since it gets sore laying in the bent position.
PO Day 3 (pic) I walked down the stairs & have increased my walking time. Still drinking tons of water constantly.
Have not had a bowel movement since the morning of surgery so I used a glycerin suppository & it made me go right away. Also drinking prune juice. Got off heavy pain meds & switched to Tylenol.
At night my right drain got partially pulled out accidentally so my drain stopped working & so the fluid started leaking out of the drain site so I paged my doctor & he told me he can meet me tomorrow morning & to just put gauze there in the meantime.
PO Day 4 It was a Saturday so I was glad he could meet me on his off day plus my knee started hurting when I bent or walked on it so I was worrying about blood clotting & wanted him to also check that out. Since the drain was no use he pulled the rest of it out & left me with just 1 drain now. Which he said I may or may not get it out on Monday...it just depends on how much it is collecting. But the longer I keep it in the better so I don't get a seroma (fluid pocket). By the time I got there my knee stopped hurting so I guess I'm ok but I'm just going to make sure I keep doing my walks & bicycle leg movements in bed…But I definitely had that regretting feeling today because of it.
PO Day 5 (pic) There are definitely a couple of annoying things during the 1st week like the pain in your butt from lying in same position night after night. My husband massaged my butt for me to relieve it a little. But I think the worst thing (besides not being able to normally pee the 1st night) is definitely the drains! They are so uncomfortable & feel sore when getting pushed up against the compression wrap. 1 of the drains kept poking me like a needle everyday & we finally figured out on the 4th day that the stitches were too long so my husband cut them shorter & fixed the problem. But the soreness is still there. I'm hoping my 2nd drain gets removed tomorrow.
PO Day 6 I got the last drain out which felt like the strangest feeling having a tube pulled out of your body! It feels so much better without it & now I can take a shower tomorrow morning & use the spanx they gave me instead of the uncomfortable binder.
PO Day 7 (pic) I took my long awaited shower & I would recommend using a chair for the 1st shower since it's very tiring. I have been healing fast. I'm also getting around the house really good!

A couple more pics..

Forgot to say that I'm 5'5 tall & weigh 118. My implants dropped a little at day 7 & 8 so I'm glad they don't feel as swollen or high up. Here are more B4 & after pics:

2 weeks Post OP

Most of the glue is off of my scar. My new bellybutton has a little area that is swollen that looks like a bubble. My boobs have gone down a little bit and are less swollen as well. I have gone out twice in the last couple of days & have used the spanks under my clothes but when I get home I use just the binder because I feel like it is more comfortable.

3 weeks PO!

I'm feeling great but my incisions started to feel a little bit sore under my breasts for some random reason so I switched to a sports bra (instead of the medical bra). And I'm continuing to wear my tummy binder around the house. I have minimal tummy swelling which I am very grateful for! I had another postop 4 days ago & the surgeon said I can get my old belly button revision in a couple months minimum or at 6 months postop (in office under local)....& it will be free.

2 more white staples sticking out (or spitting out)

When I had my 2.5 week PO with my surgeon he removed a white plastic looking staple that was sticking out of my skin on my horizontal TT line. I just want to add 2 more pics since I noticed 2 more spitting out today so I took a couple of close-up photos to show since after researching on here it says this:
"These staples are probably the Insorb skin staples, which are designed to absorb in the tissues just like absorbable sutures."
I'm just wondering if I just leave them hanging there or not. There is 1 on each end of my TT line.

I pulled the staples out

So I contacted my surgeon & he said "if they are coming through and are loose you can clean tweezers with alcohol and pull it through gently. Otherwise they are dissolvable."
So I pulled on them but they broke off and only left a little bit in there that just sunk back into my skin (hidden under my skin).

Can't wait to be excersise ready!

I'm only 3.5 weeks PO but I thought I would ask my surgeon if I could start early on my low-impact Gazelle Glider since it only uses your arms & legs (gliding back & forth) which is very low cardio. But his assistant replied saying that I should probably just wait until my 6 week mark.
I'm just starting to feel sluggish laying around & feel like I need to work out my thighs & butt to get ready for sexy bathing suits for the summer! (Especially after trying on a crochet monokini & not liking my back-side).
Not sure if anybody else feels like this but I have been feeling like a stomach dropping type of feeling in my tummy for the past few days (kind of like when you're on a ride & your stomach drops)...but it is constant. I think it is part of the TT healing process.

Pics didn't post..

4 weeks PO!

Yay, 1 month down! And got to go VS bra shopping! My PS OK'd me to get 1 bra but I bought 4 ;) & I'll post some pics of it for you ladies. The exciting part is I'm considered a 34-D but it was kind of expected since I know VS runs a little small. Anyways, still made me feel good!
My incision line under my right breast has been more sore & I can feel more hardening scar tissue than my left side. Otherwise I'm still happy & can't believe how fast recovery is for a BA!
Secondly, my TT is still healing with minimal swelling but since I had those dissolvable staples poking out, I decided to put a butterfly band-aid on the hole that was open from the staple as an extra precatioun. I also ordered my silicone sheeting & silicone gel so I'm excited to try those out..I ordered the NewGel+ beige strips recommended by my PS. Happy Healing ladies!!!

NewGel Silicone Strips & gel

I got my NewGel+ Silicone Strips & gel in...I'm using the gel on my breast incisions & bellybutton and then the strips 24/7 on my TT line (but not my vertical line since I will be getting a BB revision in a couple months). Also got a bralette!

6 weeks PO update

I've been feeling great & I have stopped using my binder. I only occasionally wear my spanks depending on the weather & how long I will be out. I don't have much swelling but I do feel it swell up a little bit at night still every night. I'm continuing wearing the silicone strips on my TT scar 24 hours per day. My check up is on Friday.

6 week PO TT pic:

Dance party ;)

So my 6 week ck up is not till tomorrow (to get clearance on starting my workout). But I just had a little dance party with my 2-year-old & 4-year-old today while cleaning the house to the song "Happy"...It felt really good to jump around with high-energy for the first time!!

Breasts revealed

I had my 6 week ck up today & I'm so excited because my surgeon is doing a favor for me & fixing my bellybutton ring skin next week!!! (It's earlier than he told me he wanted to fix it because he knows how much it bothers me.) Originally he said he wanted to wait until the 6-month mark but he said he wants to get me "bikini ready" so I'm so excited that I decided to post my nude breasts pics ;)
He will be just cutting out the extra BB ring skin so it will leave me with a longer T line but i'd rather have that than have a 2nd bellybutton!
He said if I want to start working out I can, but not to go to crazy & don't do any stomach crunches until 8 weeks postop.

Cinco De Mayo workout

I did my 1st official workout yesterday on Cinco De Mayo & ran 2.5 miles! My legs are really sore but expected. It was weird to run...I felt it a little in my TT scar but then it went away after I was running a few minutes.
I'm a little bummed today because I thought they were going to get me in this week for my revision but he is not available until May 28th :/

8 weeks PO

Ever since after my run (May 5th), I'm feeling a stinging pain (that I'm hoping is not a pinched nerve) right on my TT scar on the left side...it comes & goes just standing but I can definitely feel it when I reach or stretch out my lower abdomen (like in bed) or reaching up high for something :(

Shooting burning pain on my TT line :(

So last night I posted that I've been having a shooting/burning pain on the left side of my TT horizontal line (for a whole week now) and I searched on realself.com today & was able to find a Q&A about this exact pain as the girl that posted it is also at 2 months PO! Can I just say that I LOVE this site & how helpful it is!! Anyways, all the PS answers were great & all of them said that it is definitely part of the healing process...you don't feel it in the beginning because you are still numb so it's more likely to feel it 2 months later. They also said that it should go away at 6 months PO. So i'm a little bummed I have to deal with this for at least another 4 months since it is painful when standing long periods. Here is the link to the Q&A I found:

The ugly "side" of my TT with an old BB ring

I decided to take a bunch of side profiles of my old belly button ring scin that sticks out...which is getting revised on May 28th by my PS (in-office under local). That way I can have a lot of before & afters to compare. I wish I had never gotten that dumb bellybutton ring when I was young but I never knew that I would've had to deal with it after a tummy tuck either.
He told me that the reason why he did not remove the extra skin during the TT was because he was trying to keep my vertical T line as short as possible in hopes that it would flatten itself out after the swelling went away. Since it's not looking like it's going in that direction, he is letting me get the revision earlier than waiting until 6 months postop (which is normally when surgeons suggest having any revisions done). I am happy for that but I know I will also be bummed that I have a longer vertical T line to deal with afterwards. I am not complaining & I really appreciate that we were able to get my tummy tuck done...I'm just trying to give as much detail in case someone else out there will have to deal with the same thing. I am also using the silicone strips 24/7 & I think they are helping. These pics are pretty ugly but I decided to post them since people don't post too many pictures of their tummy tuck when in the sitting position & I think it's a shock to most people that you're skin still looks very wrinkly especially when sitting down since they don't magically give you new skin.

2 month mark

I don't know why I keep feeling like I went too small :/
My PS did exactly the size I wanted but I wished I would've gone to 425 :(

BREASTS: Before and after plus 1 month/2 month comparison swelling pics

I've been trying to talk myself out of regretting that I should of went with larger implants like 425-450 cc instead of the 380 cc that I got. So I decided to do b4 & after's to show the difference how after the swelling goes away, I lost about half a cup size. I feel like I went from a small D with swelling... to now a small-mid C cup. Check out the photos & let me know what you think!

Belly button and dog ear revisions!!

Yesterday I finally got my old belly button ring skin revised as well as my new belly button since I didn't like how there was a big ball sticking out (that you could see from my profile)...he also went ahead & revised my 2 "dog ears" that I had on each end of my TT scar. So I got sliced in 4 places!
I will post my b4 & after pics but my bandages are still on so you can only see my new BB revision actually. But now I'm worried about the small puckered area right below my new BB (it's where the top of my new vertical T line starts)...I knew I was going to have a longer vertical line but I never thought it would be puckered at the top :( I also really wished that he would've removed my old BB ring skin in the initial surgery instead of me having to get a revision :(
I may need another revision later on to fix both my vertical T line and my new bellybutton again if they are not behaving

Bandages off of old belly button revision

I'm going to still need another revision from the looks of it.

I think your breasts ate absolutely perfect! They look fantastic and I while I'm no expert, I definitely don't think you should go bigger
Awe my prayers are with you , My opinion on your breast , they are beautiful, no need to go bigger , they look so natural even in the monkini too ;) I hope to get both. BA., and T.T. , done one day , you look amazing , cheer up , your bb will heal ,and im sure you will be exstatic ;) Congrats and may god bless you always , and help your healing amen ;) Never be discouraged. , always be hopefull ;) take care P.S. Trust me if I had the finances I would deffinately get those procedures asap , as I need them bad , so try to be positive and you do look Fabulous ;) congrats again !!!!
Hola chica! How are u? Any recent updates to share?
Im glad my surgeon does a great job with the belly button i had a lot of excess skin on my belly so i guess it was easy for her to do me a new one. But unfortunately i put some Iodine in my belly button and left it on for a couple of days and it burned my skin. I got very scared but luckily i was still in my country and my Doctor cured it. NOw all i got is a dark ring on it. Still looks great though!! Im sorry urs didnt go as planned ...
So sorry you're having to go through all this. I can see the area you are concerned about. What did he say about that pucker? It's so hard for us to not look like we had hoped after all the pain and expense! I hope your dr is being understanding.
He said im still swollen & that it should flatten out later. but if it doesn't he can revise again in 3 months or so. thk u..he is.
I can't imagine how frustrating this is for you. Didn't he say the first time it should flatten out
Belly button skin doesn't look much different
Hey. Sorry that you feel how you do. Might I say that you look amazing but I know it doesn't help much as I feel the same as you do. Boobie greed is terrible and I've been trying to get my head around it for the past year without succeeding. I still haven't decided yet on what to do...but I get quite down about it some days. I'm only happy wearing padded push up bras and I didn't want that anymore. I'm always here to vent to lol hugs shelly xoxo
Thank you! I do feel the same about wearing the padded push-up bras… Such a bummer that we need to wear them still. I did ask my PS if he can swap them out in-office under local anesthesia (like he did my TT revision so that it would be cheaper for me) & he said it is possible as long as it's nothing more than an easy swap… Meaning he doesn't have to make the pocket bigger etc. I think I would want a whole cup size bigger (which I believe is 100 cc extra) so 480 or maybe I would do 450 & would make me a full D you think?? Not sure if I will feel that they are too big afterwords though. I hate boob greed!!! Never thought I would have it since I was always so conservative before :(
Yes I thought I was being ok with 450cc but being tall I just swallowed them up. I asked the same question to my surgeon and got a big flat no and that it would be 7000 and another general and that he really wasn't interested in doing it.. arsehole got my money thats all he cared about not if I was beside myself in tears. If your doc is willing to do it then go for it I say. You would need at least 100 cc to make any visable difference. ..480 or more...I wish mine was more understanding.
My doc said I probably should have got 650cc to get the full boob look I was after. ..bit late to tell me now. Maybe you could make up some 100cc and 150cc and 200cc sizers and just play around with them on top of your boobs and see what feels right?
Sorry about your problems. But same thing you mentioned is what I asked you before. Why didn't he just take care of it in the beginning. You can hope it will fix itself but you don't know what will happen but taking of it initially would've been better
Don't beat yourself up thinking that. You look great. At least you have more than before. Stay positive or you'll drive yourself insane. I think that sometimes as well but I have to be thankful of what I have now.
Thank you! Do you think that my new belly button is too large? (I also just posted my BB revision pics)
No I think your new bb is just fine. Everyone has a different size bb and maybe yours is just a tad bigger. It looks good to me. Hey, did they have to put you down for your revision. How was the procedure?
No, it was just in-office under local anesthesia. I'm still numb in my bellybutton areas so that part wasn't a big deal at all & I couldn't feel anything (even now). But when they injected me into my dog ears, I could feel the injection plus now that I'm healing, the dog gears are more sore since those areas are not numb. Overall, it wasn't that big of a deal though. If you can get through a TT healing, then revisions are a breeze!
I agree that you look perfect. And I can't really tell much difference in your pictures although I'm sure you can tell. Since I got mine I keep noticing everybody else's boobs. Lol! And I think you can really tell they're fake when they're too big and everything else is small. I only got 304cc mod profile (Naturelle) and I'm a 32DDD at Victoria's Secret! But mine seem too wide for my small frame...too much on the side. And I've dropped considerably from the weight. Too much actually. Funny thing is I had breast reduction years ago in my early 20's because I hated all the attention! But then, I looked like Dolly Parton as I'm only 5'2"! Now I'm worried everybody can tell I had implants although I was wearing push up padded bras before. I just wanted to be the same size I was in my padded bra which was a 34C, although I had been measured a 32D at the dept store at one point. But I felt like the 32 band made my "back fat" skin too noticeable thus the 34C. I've been working on that back fat! And I agree with GetMySexyBack that we need to be careful about the message we send our daughters. Mine is only 9 and she knows I had the tummy tuck (which needs to be redone!) but has no idea about the boobs. I not sure if my teenage boys have any idea or not. Not something you discuss!! Lol! Now that I think about it, my son's girlfriend knows....I'd be surprised if they don't! Never thought about that one! Awkward!!
Thank you! Yeah, very true about our daughters. Mine is very observant & she didn't notice for a while but then 1 day I was dressing & she says "your boobies are big" but I played it off & I think she's forgotten about it. I think I got so used to my bigger swollen size & felt too small once the implants settled. But I'm starting to get over it and just enjoying that I look better than I used to!
I think alot of us second guess our decision after surgery. I know I do every now and then. But your boobs look awesome. I always remind myself that my boobs look a heck of alot better than they did before surgery. I keep asking my husband if I should've gone bigger. He always says no and I know he loves them ;) im sure he would love them bigger too but I also wanted to be careful of what my teenage twins thought. I didn't want to go too big and give my daughter the wrong impression. I told her I wanted to just pick them back up and the implant would make them perky. She was ok with that. Your new boobs look perfect on you. And looking at that before pic of you in the black bikini should help you see how big they actually are compared to then. I can't wait to see the BB revision pics. You will really feel beautiful then! !!
Thank you so much! You are so encouraging & nice! You are right & it makes me feel better what you said...esp since I have a daughter too. She is only 7 & I've managed to keep my breast implants a secret from her cuz it's hard to explain that to her & I feared she would get the wrong message at such a young age. I love how supportive this community is & I'm so thankful to have found it!
My son heard me telling my daughter about how the implant is just big enough to give some fullness and he said " wait. . You got implants? " I nearly died when I said "just a small one to help with the lift." Then he said that's ok of it makes you feel better. So I know if I got huge boobs that would have had an affect on them but since I don't look much different to them than when I wore that triple padded bra before surgery, it didn't really bother them. I am glad I made you feel better. It is a hard balance to want to look and feel sexy while also being a mom. I always have them in mind with everything I do. Even now that they are 16, but they need me now more than they know.
You look amazing.
Thank you!!!
You look great. No needed to go bigger