Explantation of 450 Cc Saline Under the Muscle. 6 Years Post Op - Irvine, CA

I'm motivated to remove my implants because the...

I'm motivated to remove my implants because the right one has become hard and also I feel as though having large boobs isn't that much important to me any more. I do crossfit and they get in the way when doing some lifts and running is more difficult with them. no more foreign bodies in mine! The implants were fun in my mid to late 20's now I've just grown tired of them and they inhibit me in many ways. My right breast has become very hard and is round like a ball, while the left is still somewhat soft and becoming a little saggy. I can't wait to have these things removed from my body and hope to God I can make it through the first few months of unsatisfactory aesthetic results. I'm hoping they bounce back and if they don't I may have to go under the knife again and get smaller ones put in. I really don't want that though! Wish me luck, surgery tomorrow at 8:30am

Okay, so the surgery went great. No problems and...

Okay, so the surgery went great. No problems and I felt zero pain from the moment I woke from anesthesia. The pro's to this procedure is I feel super light now and it feels great to just be me again. My goal in doing this was to look more natural and feel that way also. I've accomplished that. I knew, through looking at all the stories here on Realself.com, that my result today would not be perfect or even close to normal looking. I'm a very thin woman due to my intense workouts and have a thin frame and thin skin! I'm going from a 450 filled to 500 to nothing. It's not pretty. I'm going to be patient and take the advice of all the ladies on this site and just wait a full month before I do any judging. If I totally hate the final outcome, I can always go back and get smaller ones put in, despite my desire to be "implant/foreign body" free.
I feel like this site informed me very well of what to expect and I'm so glad I found it! Will post pix when my little one goes to sleep.

Ok, can't believe I'm posting these but it's all...

ok, can't believe I'm posting these but it's all for posterity's sake I guess. If they don't improve after about 6 month's I'll definitely be getting them fixed.

At this point I can now check the "was it worth...

at this point I can now check the "was it worth it" box as a yes.
I did my crossfit workout today which consisted of a butt-load of running. Let me just say that I felt like I was weightless compared to running previously with 36D implants in. I ran one of my miles in 6:13. Anyone on the fence, please just go and get it done. I want to remind everyone reading this that I had 6 consults with 6 different plastic surgeons (including the one who took my implants ) and ALL said I would need a lift and replacement implant otherwise I would be very unhappy and look really bad. DON'T listen. Make the decision to do those things at least 6 months after you have them removed. My right breast had CC but he didn't remove the capsules during explantation in the event I may want a replacement in the future. He said that leaving them intact would make it easier to put new implants in down the road if that's what I wanted. No Thanks!

Will post my 1 week post op photos tmw

So the girls are starting their slow ascent back...

so the girls are starting their slow ascent back upwards. I noticed, though, that the left areola at about the 5 oclock position has a little raised white area and my doc should be letting me know what the heck that is.
At this point I have to say implants are a double edged sword. In one sense they suck because they mutilate your body (incisions, stretched skin) but in another sense they are good. I say that because they get you to realize just how great your body is after all (WITHOUT THEM IN). Some people, myself included, would have probably never gotten to the place in their mind that their original boobs really are pretty nice unless you've been through implants and removal of them.

2 weeks post-explantation and I LOVE my new (old)...

2 weeks post-explantation and I LOVE my new (old) body. It's so much fun to put outfits together now that I don't have those huge boobs. Working out is awesome. I'm back to 100% at Crossfit and having no problems whatsoever with pain. My workouts have improved since removing them. I feel lighter and have better mobility when doing the lifts and pullups, and just about every other movement that is involved.
Here's my 2 week photos. I went to Victoria's Secret and got fitted. One bra, I'm a 36B and the other I'm a 36A. Sooo, guess it just depends on the bra as to what size I am.

Well, it's been over a month since the procedure...

Well, it's been over a month since the procedure and I figured I'd post one final group of pics. I still feel like this was one of the best decisions I've made in a long time. My boobs actually look better now than before I had implants. I'm thinking there must be some residual scar tissue build up in there and that is what has given me such nice fullness, especially in my right breast. To anyone on the fence about getting them out-I say go for it. I even have been able to master double unders (crossfit) in the time I've had my implants removed. All that excess weight and boob-bouncing was really holding me back with my workouts before. I love being implant-free!
oh and p.s. scars are healing nicely. left one is a little bit more noticeable but I don't really mind. oh and p.s.s. my nipple sensation is better than what it was with the implants in. I hardly had any sensation at all then. I wonder why I have it now?

Kaiser referral

Your results are nothing short of perfection. Glad to know you had such an GREAT outcome. I'm scheduled for explant in about 2 wks, but am having a lift at the same time. Hoping that helps my boobies because I've had my implants for over 20yrs. How are you doing now?
WOW AMAZING results! You look great! Your surgery was sooo worth it!
Thank you for sharing your story. Very helpful. Also removed mine. Very happy with that decision but getting fat graft done because I am big hipped and feel a little out of proportion.
hey mommak1978 thank you for posting your review, I must say i think your results are amazing!!!!! I explanted today, am slightly drowsy as I type. I hope I am as lucky as you with my result. I am a fitness nut, although haven't gor into crossfit although some gym buddies have been trying to get me to do it for a while. I mostly do the Les Mills classes. My surgeon said I should be back to normal in 3/4 weeks, but I am hoping to start doing some running or spinning or something way before then. Ill see what the nurse says at my first week check up. Anyway, thanks again for your review ....I think you look great! X
I started working out the next day. Just lower body stuff. You'll be good to do spinning and running, no problem since it has nothing to do with using the muscles of your chest. Enjoy your new body! Working out will be so much more fun
Next day...wow. Ive had a GA sonot sure I should, but wow gives me hope you were back in action next day! I actually feel fine just tired anda bit emotional. Now I am rid, I think my tuck jumps will be a lot higher : )
Hi I was wondering if you could give me advice. What is different about crossfit? I am 46 and having problems getting motivated. I also am a foody. I was considering cross fit but its not cheap. I tend to do better with another person going with me or a group thing. The older I get its only going to get worse and I carry in the middle. Just was looking at some advice from some one here I admire and encouragmet. My xplant is may 22. They charge over a hundred a month, but maybe it's worth it. Blessings to you Yusu
It's absolutely worth every Penney. I do much better with group exercise too bc it helps me to feel motivated when I know everyone around me is working as hard as I am. I started CrossFit after I had my baby bc I saw a woman a party I was at who was incredibly fit. I asked her about what she did for exercise and she said CrossFit. I started off not even able to do a single "girly" push-up and forget even doing a pull-up but it's been a little over a year later and my body and fitness levels have completely changed for the better. I can knock out almost 20 pull-ups and those push-ups are on point. I'd recommend CrossFit to anyone looking to improve their physical appearance as well as gaining the realization of just how much amazing stuff your body can do if you just keep going. It's great comraderie and don't be intimidated. Just go and do your best not to be better than someone else at the workouts (which can sometimes be fun, haha) but do your best to do better than you did the day before. Good luck, you WILL love the experience. It's an amazing ride
Thank you so much for the info that helps. It sounds like the best thing out there. It sure has helped you! The pictures prove it!! Amazing!! Have a blessed weekend:-) hugs
Your results are amazing! Thought I'd reach out to you as I'm crazy about crossfit too. My explant is scheduled for April 24th and it will be a simple procedure just like yours. My PS says I can resume normal activities within a week . My team made it to regionals (may 24th) and I am worried that I will have to back out. How quickly did you resume full crossfits workouts and were you concerned with getting a seroma? Any experiences would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to postpone the surgery till after regionals cause I just want them out and I postponed it once already to complete the opens :)
Lets just say I was back at my box the next day. I just did lower body workouts for a week and then I was back working out upper body a week later and then working out at 90% 2 weeks later. Thanks for compliments
And congrats on making regionals!!! You will absolutely love Xfitting so much better without the extra weight and "protrusion". When your cleaning the weight, it literally just skims up your front side and makes it so much easier to do the lift. Running is a dream. I remember the first time I ran without them, I felt like my feet weren't touching the ground I was going so much faster without the added weight and jiggling.
I'm very excited, I had an exchange last year and went from a 300 to a 225 but developed cc on one side so I'm just going to get rid of them. Cleaning the bar as been so much easier being smaller. Love it!
Wow !! Your one of my fav results here. I'm having my surgery on April 24th. Can't wait! Hope all is well with you!
You will love it!
Good luck with surgery! Recovery is a breeze with explant
Oh wow, you look absolutely amazing!!! I have 390 cc under muscle that I am taking out in a week and I pray to God it looks at least a little as good as yours. I have been looking for other thin athletic women to see before and after pictures and I think we are similar. I am 5'8, a runner, and started out a thin 34a. I wonder what these things have done to me over the past three months. I see that you did not have drains - is that because they left capsules in? Did you have any sense of fluid building up? Congrats on how wonderful you look.
Wow,you've only had yours in for 3 months? I'm sure you will bounce back perfectly! I had mine since 2007 till September 2012 and my "first set" were a ridiculous 600 cc's. I had my 2nd set in at 450 filled to 500 and them had a baby 3 years after where my boobs ballooned to astronomical proportions. Never had I imagined my boobs could ever look normal without something filling them up artificially but after looking at the photos on this site I knew it was a possibility. So glad I got ride of my boulders. Life has been awesome with them gone!
Who was your PS? Thank you
I loved reading your story as it is very simliar to mine. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind telling me how Kaiser in Irvine covered this..I thought is is cosmetic so it is not covered. You look perfect!! I am excited to get mine done this March
I was having pain in right breast with capsular contracture. Sometimes they will cover if you are having medical problems but not otherwise just for cosmetic reasons. Dr Iyer was my doc and he is great

Wonderful updates! Thank you so much.

you look fantastic! so full and perky :) it is nice to see how time improved the results!
Ha, I never noticed your explants pictures All I saw was your amazing abs,LOL...how did you get them to look like that :P sorry had to say it.
looks loke someone with implants... wow!