53 Year Old Breast Cancer Breast Reduction - Irvine, CA

Dr. Song was recommended to me via my breast...

Dr. Song was recommended to me via my breast cancer tumor surgeon. Things had moved so fast in my case that I was Ill equipped to pick or interview a plastic surgeon and everything you read in advance just evaporated from my brain. I sat in his office and he said "Are there any questions I can answer for you?" and I basically said 'This is all happening so fast, my surgery has moved up many weeks and I"m unprepared , and I've never thought about my boobs." Dr. Song was really thoughtful and explained the procedure, my options,. He had a thoughtful and calm manner, and later on as I got to know him better, a cute sense of humor. Through the several appointments leading up to my surgery I learned the practice is run my he and his wife, Sarah, a nurse, and they are very dedicated to growing it. Dr. Song went to a top notch school, Duke(?) maybe, and continues to take classes to further his career. He and his wife are so dedicated that when he was out of town taking courses, upon his return he saw patients on Sunday. I've NEVER encountered a doctor with that commitment to their patients before. When then surgery was over I had several follow-up appointments and at the last one I hugged him and thanks he and his staff for making what could have been a miserable experience, one that was actually enjoyable. I've seen a book of his other surgeries and they are extremely impressive. I would without hesitation use Dr. Song again for any procedure. He is talented, kind, personable and someone I'd like recommend without hesitation.
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kyle Song is a class act. He is an extremely talented plastic surgeon and a pleasure to work with. I hope to use him for procedures in the future.

I would love to hear more about your actual procedure and recovery process..
I had the "lollipop" procedure done where the doctor cut up from the middle underneath my nipple, toward my nipple, and then he cut around my nipple...making my nipple smaller, and removing any tissue through the incision below the nipple. The scaring is minimal, if any (after 7 months) and my breasts are the size they were when I was 30. I could have asked him to make them smaller but I'm a large woman, 5'10", 210 and I wanted to remain proportionate, so now I'm a 42B which is perfect. The only reason I need a bra is for modesty purposes. I was down after surgery for about 2 days and then each day after that I was substantially better. As long as I could bathe and sleep I was fine. There was very little pain involved. I took 1 pain pill when I got home the first day just as a precautionary measure, but I have a strong pain tolerance. But that being said I don't recall pain. I love not having big floppy boobs and I'm happy about the lack of scarring and the small nipples are a bonus. The nice new boobs are the bright spot at the end of the long dark breast cancer tunnel.
Thank you so much for the details.  I had the same procedure!
I agree that "B" is a perfect cup size.  Light and perky is always nice and comfortable.

I am so happy for you, and glad everything turned out so well:)
Thank you so much for sharing your opinion about your doctor.
I would love to add your experience to the Breast Reduction community, but it would be helpful if you could provide some more detail about your experience with your procedure/treatment. I suggest adding before and after photos - optional of course, so that other community members can use your review as a guide throughout their journey.
Ready to add an update now? Click here to add more detail to your review to be part of the Breast Reduction community today.