2nd January - Ireland, IE

Hi all i had my mohs procedure just over 3 weeks...

Hi all i had my mohs procedure just over 3 weeks ago ' i guess it felt a lot more traumtic than what id expected ' bring awake in small threatre with consultant & 4 other members of staff ' i just didnt expect b so busy one holdong my head pulling my nose & hearing them talking about the cancer " i guess thats where the problem lies i never wanted face i had dkin csncer " i kept mysrlf busy eith my kids & then b lying there hearing them talking sbout how far the cancer had spreadwas like a slap in the face " mesn time my bp kept dropping which made me feel unwell ' next day i had reconstruction cheek skin flap " again didnt realise id look how i looked i felt devasted ' im now 3half weeks on hsve had many down days but they are getting much less i just feel so self concious re skin flap scars etc dnt want go out

mohs nose

Thos moring (5 weeks on )my scar feels itchy very thick although hard see in pic

1st day making effort wear eye make up again

Well today i decided to use make up again make effort " feeling disheartened feel draws attention scar just dnt look like how i used to ' :(

1st day make up after mohs & reconstruction

Well feeling disheartened today i decided even wear eye make make effort feel it draws more attentiom to my scars ' just dnt look how i used to :(

christmas

week 6

Feeling lot better within myself lot more energy ' enjoyed christmas with my 3 wee children but still struggling feeling self conscious: should it still b as noticable at this stage or am I expecting to much??

Another lump b removed & biopsed

So I had my check up after having mohs & skin flap 12 weeks ago ' I have a little lump under my skin flap ' my dr has said it may not necessarily b a skin cancer but she wants renove by scraping it if she can or she will have to go deeper & do a biopsy ' is this mohs again??? Feeling gutted :(
dr dolan

My consultant ' plastic surgeon were & continue to b amazing