IPL Worked Great for Me

I had four IPL treatments over the course of 8...

I had four IPL treatments over the course of 8 months and my skin looks great.

I am 41, very fair with red undertones, had some sundamage and broken capilaries, and fine wrinkles under my eyes. IPL improved everything dramatically except for the fine wrinkles. I look 10 years younger.

I have a very experienced, dedicated laser nurse who is up on all the technology and works in a well-known cosmetic surgeon's office.

The worst thing I can say about it is it hurts (I didn't ever use numbing cream) and my face was swolen for 24 hours afterwards. It seems like purpura and burns can happen if the energy level is too high or you have darkish skin- I'd really check around for someone who knows what their doing before trying IPL.

I haven't had IPL in a few years, and just...

I haven't had IPL in a few years, and just went to get my back and neck done. They have a new Palomar system at the cosmetic surgeon's office where I go to have my treatments, and it hurts a lot less (actually not at all) than the older Quantum system (which was pretty painful, but effective). But, the Palomar Starlux IPL handpiece also didn't seem to do much of anything at the same energy level (23 Joules, I'm very fair). Did anyone else have a similar experience?

Diane Fownes-Miller, RN, at Roseville Facial Plastic Surgery