IPL Was Great for my Rosacea, but Quitting Smoking Helped More

I have had Photo Facials many times, because my...

I have had Photo Facials many times, because my face was constantly bright red from rosacea. When makeup stopped covering the redness and people started commenting on how red my face was all the time, I had to figure out how to fix it.

A photo facial would reduce most of the redness for several months, and made all of the broken capillaries and red spots disappear, but what really kicked my rosacea was quitting smoking. I still have some redness, but nothing near as bad as it was.

My skin went crazy...it felt like it was on fire. Raw and red and such pain! I went to the dermatologist and he prescribed "MetroLotion" and all it did was burn my skin even more.( This started when I was about 48 years old---other strange health problems were happening at the same time). I started using the Made from Earth Rosehip & Hibiscus Face Serum also - and my skin is under control. The hideous raw red skin flares occaisionally...I use it daily...
I am 30 years old and have acne as well as rosacea. I have tried everything over the counter for both problems, and most recently the very expensive laser surgery. That laser surgery (Isolaz) did NOT work. Save your money. It cost me $700 for three treatments and my acne and rosacea were both worse. I tried the Made from Earth Rosehip Face Serum and have been using it for 2 1/2 months. My acne has improved greatly. My rosacea is lighter and there are less "bumps" in my rosacea. My skin is not perfect by any means, but it is definitely 70% better than what is has been for the previous 10 years. Also, it is a great moisturizer. This is good, because I used to use Clinique's Moisture Surge which is like $40 itself. So, it sort of kills two birds with one stone. I like it! Recommended for people tired of trying all the rosacea treatments with no success. Plus, you wont need an additional moisturizer.
Hi there. Thanks for your comments. I just had an IPL with Luvulan (makes it stronger) and my dermatologist who I have been going to on and off for years recommended for redness and rosacea. She did a very strong aggressive treatment on me and told me I would only need one once a year but if I wanted a second one I could do it in a month. I am 40 but most people think I am in my late 20's. I have great skin except for the redness. How many IPL's did you get before the redness completely vanished? I am still red but am not sure if this is still from the treatment (only did 4 days ago) or if I need to get additional IPL's. Also, I am very fair and blonde. Any advice would be great to treat the redness :) -Suzie