IPL 1st and Second Degree Burns

On October 3, 2008, I went to a dermatology center...

On October 3, 2008, I went to a dermatology center to have my broken capillaries zapped. I have had 200+ eradicated over the past several years by an IPL.

This was a different location and the PA apparently had the settings too high and gave me 1st and 2nd degree burns, from which, two months later I am still recovering. The stripes created by the PA are still not completely faded and I have two scars and blistered-looking skin on my nose and chin.

Every effort by the center's owner/dermatologist to help heal this mess has failed. I am hoping over time the burns and scars will eventually heal. I recommend that only a skilled a dermatologist be considered for this treatment and be very afraid of PA's.

I'm currently going to Dr. Grimes in Los Angeles. She's dealt with every burn case known and has taught many dr.s about ipl burns. I'm currently going to her because I too have had ipl burns about a year ago and recently started to go to her and she's been doing treatments on me that his healed my skin as well as made the pigmentation normal again. She truely is amazing and her office is called vitiligo and pigmentation institute. She can tackle any burned case there is. if you need any further info or want to talk to someone who's gone through the same you have email me: christinastrawberry6@yahoo.com trust me, i've been there!
ipl is a wonderful treatment when used by a doctor or esthetician that knows what they are doing. Moral of the story....know where to go and get recommendations. Just because a place offers services does not mean they know how to do them well. happy hunting
I had 200+ capillaries removed at UCLA by the head of dermatology with no problems whatsoever. Will never let a PA near me again.
West Dermatology

No skin test prior to procedure. Had to go on steroids, antibiotics and antifungal cream all for what was suppose to be a noninvasive treatment. This was incompetency and probably malpractice at its worst.